Watch Dogs; 1st PC Gameplay vidz+Real Ultra Screenshots

#101 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4343 posts) -

Actually, I retract after watching Conan O´Brian´s footage. The car do take damage when crashed and gun shots do produce blood splatter. It´s pretty weird why PC ultra footage haven´t shown it.

#102 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

Second Son has no AA. Very sad :<

There seems to be SMAA. Not amazing, but it hides 80% of jaggies.

But yeah...

#103 Posted by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

My friend, pc gamers play Black Flag, it destroyed Second Son. So, even if somehow (and it isn't the case) Watchdogs did look bad, pc gamers are still the best in the world by default.

#104 Edited by Jebus213 (8703 posts) -

GRAPHICS

BUT THE GRAPHICS

#105 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

it's only incomparable because it looks better than infamous. If it didn't you'd love to compare the two. You sound real fanboyish right now. In trumps infamous in pretty much every way and it is only in alpha.

Nah your missing the point. When people were comparing Infamous to Crysis 3, I said it's a moot comparison because they are 2 totally different games with different focus points. Infamous SS is a kind of cartoonish art style in a sense with a non hyper realistc art style. It's focus points would be character models, geometry, animations, and particle effects. Crysis 3 is an FPS with some amazing effects. Focus points would be vegetation, water, lighting, and lots of other effects like that. One thing I did point out was that ISS is a next gen game of it's genre, while Crysis 3 is not. That doesn't mean to say that Crysis 3 is worse than infamous in every way. Both do different things good. I mean, HL2 is a 6th gen game, yet it still looked better than infamous 1 in a lot of areas. Not all, but still some. I'm not being a fanboy by pointing that out.

#106 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

My friend, pc gamers play Black Flag, it destroyed Second Son. So, even if somehow (and it isn't the case) Watchdogs did look bad, pc gamers are still the best in the world by default.

Nope. PC gamers (elitist ones at least) are the single most obnoxious people in the world. They are arkward to get on with and think they know everything. They blindly assume something is better graphics just because it's on PC. Like modded GTA 4 being better graphics than Infamous SS.

#107 Posted by Jebus213 (8703 posts) -

THE GRAPHIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THE GRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHHIXXXXXXXXXXXX

#108 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: the forest looks better than infamous second son.

#109 Posted by faizan_faizan (7670 posts) -

There seems to be SMAA. Not amazing, but it hides 80% of jaggies.

But yeah...

Dat last gen normal mapping. Dat texture filtering. Dat global illumination.

#110 Edited by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

it's only incomparable because it looks better than infamous. If it didn't you'd love to compare the two. You sound real fanboyish right now. In trumps infamous in pretty much every way and it is only in alpha.

Nah your missing the point. When people were comparing Infamous to Crysis 3, I said it's a moot comparison because they are 2 totally different games with different focus points. Infamous SS is a kind of cartoonish art style in a sense with a non hyper realistc art style. It's focus points would be character models, geometry, animations, and particle effects. Crysis 3 is an FPS with some amazing effects. Focus points would be vegetation, water, lighting, and lots of other effects like that. One thing I did point out was that ISS is a next gen game of it's genre, while Crysis 3 is not. That doesn't mean to say that Crysis 3 is worse than infamous in every way. Both do different things good. I mean, HL2 is a 6th gen game, yet it still looked better than infamous 1 in a lot of areas. Not all, but still some. I'm not being a fanboy by pointing that out.

But pc is best.

#111 Edited by Jebus213 (8703 posts) -

>GRAPHICS

#112 Edited by heguain (312 posts) -

I don't understand you....

#113 Posted by Jebus213 (8703 posts) -

As a PC gamer it's time for me to take downsampled pictures of a game with a shitty graphics mod that only adds overdone post-processing effects.

#114 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

Horrible trolling attempt. You scoured the internet looking for the worst ISS screenshot you could find. I commend you.

Too bad my personal screenshots show otherwise...

#115 Edited by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Horrible trolling attempt. You scoured the internet looking for the worst ISS screenshot you could find. I commend you.

Jaggies and low res textures all over the place. Disappointing show old chum.

Being a pc gamer with a new cool graphics card, I use TXAA, for men. See how the tree's look like tree's and not just big pixelly pieces of shit? See how the rope looks like rope and not just garbled SS bike spokes? This is what happens when you are a pc gamer. Greatness comes, it doesn't wait.

Those SS textures, oh my gods. Awful.

#116 Posted by m3dude1 (824 posts) -
#117 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@I_can_haz said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Being a pc gamer with a new cool graphics card, I use TXAA, for men. See how the tree's look like tree's and not just big pixelly pieces of shit? See how the rope looks like rope and not just garbled SS bike spokes? This is what happens when you are a pc gamer. Greatness comes, it doesn't wait.

Your Assassins Creed shots look like ass son. No kidding.

Running a last gen game designed to run on the PS3/360 and WiiU with advanced AA doesn't stop it from looking like a last gen game. It's still a turd, a smooth turd but still a turd.

#118 Posted by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

So much Jelly! Oh, I'm damp.

#119 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

No jelly son. If you had posted some Crysis 3 pics running on ultra I'd be jelly but you you had to post some turdy Assassins Creed pics :(

#120 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

Lol, the new PC's going to your head lol. AC4 is a linear game compared to infamous. Besides, it looks like that on PS4. Pretty much identicle.

Infamous textures are nothing amazing, but they are nice. As for PS4 game textures...

But whatever..

#121 Edited by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

No jelly son. If you had posted some Crysis 3 pics running on ultra I'd be jelly but you you had to post some turdy Assassins Creed pics :(

bladyblady bla

#122 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2345 posts) -

Trolls will be trolls.

#123 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

I think it's the problem with leaked versions and it may be configured to PC settings already in retail version . Game looks amazing in 'REAL' Ultra settings .

I don't think the real ultra settings exist. I agree with what some people on other forums say, that it's just a placebo. I did some testing with that config file. I noticed that even though I set textures to high or ultra (only have a 2gb card but it barely drops performance actually) that in the config theres a line called TextureResolutiuonQuality which was still set at medium. Set that to ultra and now it looks slightly better, maybe.

Uploaded some screens to imgur. Resolution is 2048x1152 with most settings maxed and the AA is temporal SMAA. Images 14-17 have textures and AO at ultra with the altered config file.

http://imgur.com/VSIpxdq.jpg

http://imgur.com/3zBlF10.jpg

http://imgur.com/HBg7Ikd.jpg

http://imgur.com/CBpphWq.jpg

http://imgur.com/CjOKIAP.jpg

http://imgur.com/Hw8yHgP.jpg

http://imgur.com/houK9TW.jpg

http://imgur.com/JE2BEK7.jpg

http://imgur.com/jdK0arX.jpg

http://imgur.com/UqvLYIr.jpg

http://imgur.com/qoWbQWv.jpg

http://imgur.com/tSZaxBe.jpg

http://imgur.com/BLodcNm.jpg

http://imgur.com/oqQo5Zy.jpg

http://imgur.com/CdHNWBs.jpg

http://imgur.com/9JXOAP8.jpg

http://imgur.com/OqHeGRa.jpg

I'd use imageshack but it's no longer free and my converted images are small enough to not get compressed by imgur. Anyone know of another image uploading site like imageshack but free? If there's a way to record video without killing performance, I'd upload some .webm vids too.

#124 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38153 posts) -

You spelled "dumb" wrong

#125 Posted by Ballroompirate (21622 posts) -
#126 Posted by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: sorry man, cherry picking the worst ISS screens isn't helping your cause. My screens speak for themselves and they destroy your crappy AC4 screens.

#127 Edited by m3dude1 (824 posts) -

ps4 screen, shit looks the same

#128 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Nope. PC gamers (elitist ones at least) are the single most obnoxious people in the world. They are arkward to get on with and think they know everything. They blindly assume something is better graphics just because it's on PC. Like modded GTA 4 being better graphics than Infamous SS.

Agreed.

the Elitists are downright lul, especially when they try to downplay a game as damn good looking as infamous, that's a red flag not to take what that person says seriously.

#129 Edited by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Agreed.

the Elitists are downright lul, especially when they try to downplay a game as damn good looking as infamous, that's a red flag not to take what that person says seriously.

Pointing out facts isn't elitism.

Don't you have a thread to be in bragging over 1 fps and 2 pixels p4 vs xboner threads?

#130 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (122 posts) -

whoa? Just weeks ago everyone saying how much better it will look over PS4 and yet it's pretty much similar. lol. It's funny how everyone falls for theoretical specs and hype every single time.

@Ben-Buja said:

I've got the game early, here are some of my screenshots:

I have to agree with Wasdie, most screens and videos out there don't really do it justice. It looks great on PC.

Looks so bland and boring. GTA 5 definitely looks more alive than this, for a place like Chicago, there isn't much going on out there. Graphics look like a modded GTA IV. Unfortunately it always seems these open world urban games gets old pretty quick. There's only so much fun in stealing cars, fighting cops or exploring a city where nothing really stands out on it's own to feel more than just a shell of buildings and limited A.I. bystanders.

#131 Edited by uninspiredcup (6823 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You spelled "dumb" wrong

Oh sean I bro love you

I also love and respect moderators (more so than you) and find everything to say to be utterly brillaint.

#132 Posted by Ballroompirate (21622 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You spelled "dumb" wrong

Oh sean I bro love you

I also love and respect moderators (more so than you) and find everything to say to be utterly brillaint.

You must be mad since they probably banned your SNIPER account

#133 Edited by MirkoS77 (6842 posts) -

Damn that water looks puuuuuuuurty.

#134 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Agreed.

Pointing out facts isn't elitism.

Don't you have a thread to be in bragging over 1 fps and 2 pixels p4 vs xboner threads?

Facts? More like blatant hyperbole.

Don't you have a sister to be screwing?

#135 Edited by RyviusARC (4097 posts) -

I hate to be that guy but Infamous shits all over this game graphics wise. The only thing it has good going for it are the nice water and the higher resolution and 60fps on PC, other than that it looks horribly bland. Ubisoft definitely pulled a bait and switch on this game, looks nothing like the original reveal even on superior PC hardware.

My Infamous screens I took while playing the game, no bullshots or promo shots here...

hics of Watch Dogs are even more of a joke when you see the ridiculously high system requirements you need to get it to run smoothly on Ultra settings. It's an unoptimized POS like other Ubi games. I can't wait for some better devs to show the noobs at Ubi how to do a proper 8th gen open world game on PC.

So much blur in all the image backgrounds.......so sure it looks good whne you try and hide the flaws.

#136 Posted by faizan_faizan (7670 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

Trolls will be trolls.

This is your response? LOL.

#137 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12793 posts) -

@RyviusARC said:

@I_can_haz said:

I hate to be that guy but Infamous shits all over this game graphics wise. The only thing it has good going for it are the nice water and the higher resolution and 60fps on PC, other than that it looks horribly bland. Ubisoft definitely pulled a bait and switch on this game, looks nothing like the original reveal even on superior PC hardware.

My Infamous screens I took while playing the game, no bullshots or promo shots here...

hics of Watch Dogs are even more of a joke when you see the ridiculously high system requirements you need to get it to run smoothly on Ultra settings. It's an unoptimized POS like other Ubi games. I can't wait for some better devs to show the noobs at Ubi how to do a proper 8th gen open world game on PC.

So much blur in all the image backgrounds.......so sure it looks good whne you try and hide the flaws.

That's just DOF combined with motion blur.

#138 Posted by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Only thing I did was turn off the HUD, these are uploaded straight from my PS4.

It really does look better than Watch Dogs. Blame it on Ubi for porting WD to PS3 and 360 as well. Last gen is holding back WD.

#139 Posted by Heirren (15969 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Damn that water looks puuuuuuuurty.

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. I know its compressed video but am I the only one that thinks the trees actually look REALLY bad?

#140 Posted by Ben-Buja (2709 posts) -

Some of my 4k screenshots.

The image quality is actually much better, blame Gamespots compression and the fact that I had to use jpgs because of the huge resolution and filesize.

#141 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1775 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

ps4 screen, shit looks the same

No it doesn't . Look at background . Draw distance is terrible . Small building behind that boat have terrible textures (actually , no textures) , some trees look like blocks and there are jaggies all over the place . It doesn't look same .

#142 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38153 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

The image quality is actually much better, blame Gamespots compression and the fact that I had to use jpgs because of the huge resolution and filesize.

These shots are incredible.

But from the vast array of shots I've seen the game is very inconsistent. Can't wait to play it first hand though

#143 Edited by m3dude1 (824 posts) -

of course theres less detail its further away, this game has an aggressive ass LOD system, even on ultra.

#144 Edited by faizan_faizan (7670 posts) -

My only complain so far has been on cubemap reflections and NPC models. The lighting is fantastic unlike what others are saying. Ubisoft said that Watch Dogs was using global illumination some time ago, which is turning out to be true.

#145 Posted by m3dude1 (824 posts) -
@Ben-Buja said:

specs and framerate?

#146 Edited by RyviusARC (4097 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

If you captured the screenshot as a PNG or BMP then used a program like photoshop to convert it to a JPG with a quality of at least "10" then you should notice no difference between the original and compressed versions.

I have tested this myself thoroughly.

#147 Edited by ChubbyGuy40 (26062 posts) -

If you captured the screenshot as a PNG or BMP then used a program like photoshop to convert it to a JPG with a quality of at least "10" then you should notice no difference between the original and compressed versions.

I have tested this myself thoroughly.

You must've been where I got that from since that's exactly what I do. Tested with pulling my imgur pics and comparing. Same exact picture.

#149 Edited by remiks00 (1533 posts) -
@scottpsfan14 said:
@NFJSupreme said:

you can say the same thing to PS4 fan boys with all their this game has a higher resolution than xbox version threads.

Nah. With a cow or a lem, it's all petty stuff. With some of these hermits, they define themselves with their rigs and spend their spare time shitting on consoles for being weak. There are a lot of hermits who seem to think they know everything about graphics, programming, optimization, entirely based on their own, or other reddit/pcmasterrace members conjecture. They go as far to say devs are incorrect and they mean something different. They spread misinformation like a disease. If you argue against some of these hermits, no matter how logical, or how much facts you have to back your claim up, if they have made up their mind, you, and everyone else (including developers) are incorrect because it totally circumvents their views. This is ignorance, and if you can't see it, then I don't know where your looking. Hermits are the most obnoxious people on SW without question.

I beg to differ, Sony "fanboys" are, without a doubt the most obnoxious people within all gaming media sites these days. Although, I have a few friends on here that are Sony fans, most of the time they are trolling for fun. I've been seeing you post quite a bit lately on here, and you honestly are starting to come across as just another "Sony warrior" to be quite honest. You bounce between making decent posts, but then you constantly get in "defense" mode about the PS4 for some reason. You also bash the Xbox One, and you seem to have a vendetta against PC as well. Just speculation.

#150 Edited by remiks00 (1533 posts) -

@I_can_haz: Infamous was a fantastic looking game. You would have to be special to argue otherwise.