Watch Dogs; 1st PC Gameplay vidz+Real Ultra Screenshots

#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2455 posts) -

Note : Modders found hidden option in config file of the game called 'DeferredFXQuality' , along with other options . These options were not available in graphics option in main menu and can only be located in config files at the moment . These options were set to "console" settings , changing it to "PC" hugely improves visuals as it can be seen below . According to some websites , this problem may have occurred due to leaked version and final game (or final game along with day one patch) may fix this problem .

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/watch_dogs-hidden-deferredfxquality-option-improves-significantly-visuals/

DefferedFXQuality (hidden option found in config file) , screenshots .

Gameplay videos without 'DeferredFXQuality' . Watch in HD .

Here are videos , that showcase Watch Dogs on PC at High and Ultra settings .

First Video : Textures ; Medium . Other Settings ; High-Ultra .

Second Video : 1080p , Ultra Settings .

(One video is from early missions and other is about free roaming) .

What you think about screenshots and videos .

#2 Posted by m3dude1 (1148 posts) -

looks awful and nothing like e3 2012. gta 5 as a straight port at 1080p would look better.

#3 Edited by gameofthering (10126 posts) -

I might go against my usual skipping of games that use Uplay. I'm starting to get a little bit more interested in the game now.

#4 Posted by pelvist (4616 posts) -

Someone discovered a deferred rendering option that can be turned on in the config files, apparently it makes the game look a lot better.

#5 Edited by heguain (547 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

looks awful and nothing like e3 2012. gta 5 as a straight port at 1080p would look better.

Please don't compare the garbage-like graphics of GTAV to Watch_Dogs, if you wanna compare it, compare it to Crysis or Witcher 2 or AC4, now these games have crazy visuals.

And no, the game looks really good, even better than E3 imo, back then it didn't have next gen graphics.

#6 Edited by m3dude1 (1148 posts) -
#7 Posted by ttboy (241 posts) -

Where is the often talked about PC power?

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (39059 posts) -

Water looks good.

#10 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16758 posts) -

my thoughts are the ps4 version will be just fine

#11 Edited by AcidTango (529 posts) -

Not gonna lie the gameplay looks pretty boring from these videos. In the original E3 videos from years ago the game looked very fun but now the actual game doesn't seem that great from what I'm seeing so far. Plus Chicago looks dull in these clips compared to the original older videos which looked like a very exciting place to explore.

#12 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38212 posts) -

The water in the game looks fantastic but overall the game is very inconsistent. Day time in the city looks bland and washed out but night time stormy weather looks amazing. Also shots away from the city looking at the fog also look incredible.

It doesn't look anywhere near as good as the debut E3 footage.

This is funny though:

#13 Posted by Ghost120x (3737 posts) -

I don't know what I was expecting but it doesn't look that good imo. Also it look looks boring too. I was almost falling for the hype but these videos opened my eyes. So I guess I'm going to get wolfenstien and dynasty warriors 8 instead.

#14 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3698 posts) -

I'll never understand why they downgrade PC games. Because there will be always somebody with a rig that could play what ever they throw at it.

#15 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2381 posts) -

Damn this looks terrible.

Vanilla GTA IV looks better no joke.Hell even GTA V on consoles looks better.

#16 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3698 posts) -

no. it doesn't

#17 Posted by Krelian-co (10349 posts) -

Not gonna lie the gameplay looks pretty boring from these videos. In the original E3 videos from years ago the game looked very fun but now the actual game doesn't seem that great from what I'm seeing so far. Plus Chicago looks dull in these clips compared to the original older videos which looked like a very exciting place to explore.

it had more to do with the fact that the guy who was recording was just going around not doing much.

#18 Posted by kraken2109 (13005 posts) -

So inconsistent

#19 Edited by AcidTango (529 posts) -

@AcidTango said:

it had more to do with the fact that the guy who was recording was just going around not doing much.

I did check some other video gameplay of Watch Dogs from other people and it still looks boring. I know they all don't represent the entire game but still so far in these clips they don't impressive me at all.

#20 Edited by gamefreak215jd (49 posts) -

The first video's in 900p not 1080p.The hair textures look so previous gen.

#22 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4495 posts) -

Yeh, I agree, the game looks awful. For a 2014 game, It looks no better than, let´sat, Sleeping Dog. I am also missing small details such as blood from shootings, the cars have no scratches on them after crashing. Not cool. GTAV had more attention to such details. Disapointed. Deeply disapointed.

#23 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4495 posts) -

I must say that if R* releases GTAV on PC at 1080p and 60fps, then visually it will totally kick Watchdogs ass.

#24 Posted by Wasdie (49608 posts) -

The compression is horrid on those videos.

The game went for a much more "realistic" look and thus it doesn't pop out as beautiful but it's not a bad looking game. I just got new GTX 780 and a 1440p monitor. I'll take some good videos and pictures to show off here when the game comes out. I don't think the game is going to end up looking that bad.

#25 Posted by Wasdie (49608 posts) -
#26 Edited by blackace (20238 posts) -

The game definitely doesn't look as good as the initial E3 trailer. That's a fact. It looks slightly better then last-gen, but not by much. We know it will still look the best on PC, but I care more about how it will play and whether it will be fun or not. That's why I'm on the fence about pre-ordering it.

#27 Edited by sailor232 (4427 posts) -

Yeah very inconsistent game. Water and night time weather effects look great, everything else looks meh, including gameplay.

#28 Edited by aroxx_ab (9257 posts) -

I must say that if R* releases GTAV on PC at 1080p and 60fps, then visually it will totally kick Watchdogs ass.

After installing mods yeah...

#29 Edited by lglz1337 (3124 posts) -

LMAO and that is a step above ps4 ? wahahaha

oh and infamous looks better

#30 Edited by Cyberdot (3518 posts) -

Dat water!

Overally, I can't tell if it looks good due to horrible compression of YouTube videos.

#31 Edited by PimpHand_Gamer (270 posts) -

I'm going to wait a while. I expected Watchdogs to have some disappointments because too many were overhyping it and this is how it always goes for hyped games. Overall, the entire outlook for 2014 on all platforms isn't too exciting minus a couple here and there. MGS 5 so far too me looks the most promising for the year followed by PJcars and a few others decendingly.

It's a shame that a game like Thief 4 that uses U3 engine looks so amazing by comparison to most others yet falls so hard on everything else to be a pretty bad game overall and yet spoil you for the graphics of other more decent games. Oh well, luckily I have other hobbies to fall back on if the games this year don't quite pan out.

#32 Posted by heguain (547 posts) -
#33 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

PC prevails, as always

#34 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

I never trust Youtube videos for quality, but that does look worse than GTAV graphics. So much for "next gen" :P

#35 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

a really good optician lives in my neighborhood. Need an appointment?

#36 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3698 posts) -

PC prevails, as always

Really? Does it really look that good? Not saying PC isn't more powerful, but it looks underwhelming to me.

#37 Posted by PAL360 (26697 posts) -

Love the water in this game!

#38 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2455 posts) -

I never trust Youtube videos for quality, but that does look worse than GTAV graphics. So much for "next gen" :P

Even if Watch Dogs is downgraded for real (we'll see soon enough) , GTA V still looks like trash in comparison . It is not even impressive looking game . I don't know why people compare it with other games .

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (7777 posts) -

Looks barely above Saints Row 3.

But, game play is king. It can either be brillaint like Splinter Cell BlackList or a non game like Assassins Creed.

The good news my friends, it has a difficulty setting, suggesting off the bat, it will be better than Assassins Creed, due to the fact it's a game.

Yay!

#40 Edited by uninspiredcup (7777 posts) -

Looks barely above Saints Row 3.

But, game play is king. It can either be brillaint like Splinter Cell BlackList or a non game like Assassins Creed.

The good news my friends, it has a difficulty setting, suggesting off the bat, it will be better than Assassins Creed, due to the fact it's a game.

Yay!

#41 Posted by wis3boi (31102 posts) -

Also worth noting that apparently even setting things to ultra in the menu doesnt always put it at true ultra, you have to edit an xml file.

<quality ResolutionX="XXXX" ResolutionY="XXXX

and

DeferredFxQuality="console"

Changed to: DeferredFxQuality="pc"

#42 Posted by farrell2k (5792 posts) -

This looks like the most boring game I could possibly imagine. I have zero idea why anyone would want something like this...

#43 Posted by ProjectPat187 (1977 posts) -

@ttboy said:

Where is the often talked about PC power?

Which has absolutely nothing to do with how a the game looks maxed out, If Watch Dogs doesnt look good to you maxed out on a PC its because thats how far the devs went with the graphics, it has nothing to do with the power of the PC its running on, PC power is how good a PC will be able to run the game maxed out which will vary depending on PC specs of course, regardless the PC version maxed out will look better than your favorite most powerful console in the world in the history of gaming the PS4 version all in its 900p glory.

#44 Edited by lostrib (34205 posts) -

so are all these screenshots and gameplay videos from pirated copies?

#45 Edited by lostrib (34205 posts) -

also, are there comparisons with and without the config edit

#46 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3449 posts) -

In no way does this look terrible. Jeez, people here.

#47 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13365 posts) -

The water is great, everything else is resource intensive for no damn reason.

We need some drivers for this title probably, but I also suspect Ubisoft should do some optimizations on their side.

The DeferredFXQuality fix people are posting has a placebo effect.

#48 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

The water looks nice and water puddles look nice but the daytime graphics really suck. They look flat and bland. Looks nowhere near as good as the E32012 reveal. I'm not surprised though since it's a Ubisoft game, they are known for lying and downgrading graphics.

#49 Posted by NFJSupreme (5148 posts) -

Well this is watch dogs at it's best. Looks better than console but it looks inconsistent. One moment it looks amazing the next it meh. I guess I'll have to see it in person to judge for myself.

#50 Posted by inb4uall (5336 posts) -

City looks bland and empty like Infamous SS.

Why is it that only rockstar can build a real breathing city?