watch dog, the first ps4 game?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GameFan1983 (2180 posts) -

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-watch-dogs/731080#comments_top

I don't know what witchcraft is this, but I know 1 thing for certain. it can't be a 360 or ps3 game, this visual is not even what top end pc could produce. crysis3's graphic throne is threatened. :(

#2 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

Def this gen...it looks great but high end PC can't even produce that? lol no clue what you watched.....

#3 Posted by Gue1 (11267 posts) -

Heavy Rain looks the same or better if you ask me.

#4 Posted by ninten_fan (923 posts) -

Its alrready confirmed for 360/PS3. The footage was probably from PC version.

#5 Posted by PatchMaster (6013 posts) -

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-watch-dogs/731080#comments_top

I don't know what witchcraft is this, but I know 1 thing for certain. it can't be a 360 or ps3 game, this visual is not even top end pc could produce. crysis3's graphic throne is threatened. :(

GameFan1983

are_you_serious_face2-300x287.jpg

So what was it running on today? Magic?

#6 Posted by Kahuna_1 (7948 posts) -

The game is clearly running off of the AC engine.

#7 Posted by neo418 (491 posts) -

What are you smoking lol GTA 4 mod looks better Crysis looks better.... Metro 2033..........

#9 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

Def this gen...it looks great but high end PC can't even produce that? lol no clue what you watched.....

Gue1

it sure doesn't looks as good as the modded GTAIV....

because mods aren't magic.
#10 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3253 posts) -

They played it on the PC with a 360 controller. Im sure the console versions won't look that good.

#11 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
I thought it was confirmed to be a PC, PS3, and 360 game? The footage looked like it was being played with a controller on the PC.
#12 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
I thought it was confirmed to be a PC, PS3, and 360 game? The footage looked like it was being played with a controller on the PC.
#13 Posted by GameFan1983 (2180 posts) -

What are you smoking lol GTA 4 mod looks better Crysis looks better.... Metro 2033..........

Gue1

LOL!!!!....... sometimes I forgot this place is system war on GS, I shouldn't haven't take the mentality lvl here as beyond3d.

#14 Posted by ferret-gamer (17370 posts) -
Pretty sure the demo was ran on a PC.
#15 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ game looks great
#16 Posted by psycheese657 (217 posts) -
it looked good but not next gen good. What got me initially excited as I watched the opening is that it (at least that mission) was set in CHICAGO! Woot, Im like 50 miles south so that got me pumped haha
#17 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

No, footage is from PC...

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (31028 posts) -

:lol: Keep dreaming.

#19 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15589 posts) -
The new Star Wars game was running on the PC and it was obvious that Crysis 3 was running on the PC.
#20 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -
The new Star Wars game was running on the PC and it was obvious that Crysis 3 was running on the PC. SAGE_OF_FIRE
PC is getting loved!
#21 Posted by ferret-gamer (17370 posts) -

umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ game looks greatcampzor
Huh, i haven't seen anything to suggest that the current consoles could handle what was shown in the demo

#22 Posted by psycheese657 (217 posts) -
[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"]The new Star Wars game was running on the PC and it was obvious that Crysis 3 was running on the PC. mitu123
PC is getting loved!

Of course it would be on PC. A powerful one makes the games look much better than what they would be on console
#23 Posted by GameFan1983 (2180 posts) -

holy #&@93 just found this.

maybe there's no need for next gen console before 2014, but I find it running on 360 and ps3 to be suspicious, anyway, good to know PC version is confirmed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ubisoft-reveals-e3-show-stealer-with-watch-dogs

"?Watch Dogs goes beyond the limits of today?s open-world games by giving players the ability to control an entire city,? said Jonathan Morin, creative director, Ubisoft. ?In Watch Dogs, anything connected to the city?s Central Operating System becomes a weapon. By pushing the boundaries, we can provide players with action and access to information on a scale that?s never been seen in a video game before.?

Update: The Ubisoft press site was just updated and shows Watch Dogs as a Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and PC release with a launch date yet to be determined. Meanwhile, a programmer with Ubisoft posted that Watch Dog is "running on PS3 and 360 at this point in time."

The reason we say that this might be a next-gen title is that Ubisoft made no mention of console platforms for Watch Dogs. Additionally, the official website for the game and the press release we received are also devoid of any mention of consoles. It certainly looks as if this is something that will not be released until later in 2013 or afterwards. If true, Ubisoft took a bold move by showing this at E3 this year and not waiting until next year."

#24 Posted by SRTtoZ (4800 posts) -

Hopefully they wait until next gen consoles are released. Id hate to get a watered down version of whats in the trailer.

#25 Posted by Gue1 (11267 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

GameFan1983

LOL!!!!....... sometimes I forgot this place is system war on GS, I shouldn't haven't take the mentality lvl here as beyond3d.

Heavy Rain vs Watch Dog

Just compare the video and see for yourself. Now, you were saying.... ;)

#26 Posted by BrunoBRS (73263 posts) -

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Gue1

Heavy Rain vs Watch Dog

he was saying heavy rain looks plastic and not nearly as detailed. rain looks better, lighting looks better, movement looks better, characters look better, etc, etc. not saying it's next gen, but it beats heavy rain.
#27 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ game looks greatferret-gamer

Huh, i haven't seen anything to suggest that the current consoles could handle what was shown in the demo

what exactly cant be done by consoles? :\
#28 Posted by Chuubby (251 posts) -

If that's PS4 then I quit gaming right here right now.

#29 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ campzor
With a downgrade, sure it can!

#30 Posted by GameFan1983 (2180 posts) -

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Gue1

Heavy Rain vs Watch Dog

I don't know why I'm even replying to this but...

you say they looked the same because for untrained eyes, you don't pay attention to details, you don't analyze,(as with most gamers) you don't noticed the floating volumetric dust blow by the wind in the opening scene, the realistic soft cloth physics on the protagonist's cloth, the penumbra shadow from the tree leaf that supports touch blending, the 1 to 1 image reflection on the wet floor applied to insane LOD view distance, the full rez progressive dof that reveals or even surpass the same effect from Cryengine 3 and much more.. none of these heavy rain is anywhere close to accomplish most importantly watch dog is @ an open world scaled, while most heavy rains's scene are on rail or in a boxed environment.

saying heavy rain can match the visual from this trailer is beyond insanity, most pro crtics immediate suspect if watch dog is a next gen title when they first watch the trailer, I played heavy rain thoroughly, it's a beautiful game yes, but visually speaking it's like a first gen ps2 game vs a current ps3 game.

#31 Posted by DerekLoffin (8807 posts) -
It was confirmed on G4TV to be this gen, and running on a high end PC for the footage we saw. WiiU might get it, but it will most likely be out long before either PS4 or Xbox3 are even on the market.
#32 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ mitu123

unless im not watching the same video as u guys or im not paying attention to certain bits of it...but it doesnt personally look like its anything the consoles cant do :\ I mean did u see those character models :\
#33 Posted by ferret-gamer (17370 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ game looks greatcampzor

It is the culmination of a bunch of high quality effects that the consoles can't do, even if they could do some of the effects by themselves. From the gameplay demo we can see that it has: Very high quality soft shadows, dynamic gameplay bokeh, physics objects being pushed by wind, subsurfacescattering on characters, Ambient Occlusion,large crowds of detailed characters, cloth simulations, streaking reflections, looks like pretty nice textures, good hdr effects and lens flares.

All in what appears to be an open world, or at least large levels with lots of exploration.

If you are so sure that consoles can do this, name one game on them that comes close.

#34 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Huh, i haven't seen anything to suggest that the current consoles could handle what was shown in the demo

ferret-gamer

It is the culmination of a bunch of high quality effects that the consoles can't do, even if they could do some of the effects by themselves. From the gameplay demo we can see that it has: Very high quality soft shadows, dynamic gameplay bokeh, physics objects being pushed by wind, subsurfacescattering on characters, Ambient Occlusion,large crowds of detailed characters, cloth simulations, streaking reflections, looks like pretty nice textures, good hdr effects and lens flares.

All in what appears to be an open world, or at least large levels with lots of exploration.

If you are so sure that consoles can do this, name one game on them that comes close.

hmm maybe i need a better quality video.. ill just take ur word for it.

#35 Posted by GameFan1983 (2180 posts) -

I seriously don't know what video you ppl are watching, but for ppl without needles in their eyes.

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/post_msg.php?topic_id=29187435

"Ubisoft referred to the visually spectacular title during its E3 conference as "a glimpse at the future"."

"Although the game was controlled by an Ubi employee using an Xbox 360 controller, no platforms were specified at E3 - and we think you'll agree it looks far beyond the capabilities of current-gen hardware."

#36 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]umm..those visuals are nothing the ps3/360 cant do :/ campzor

unless im not watching the same video as u guys or im not paying attention to certain bits of it...but it doesnt personally look like its anything the consoles cant do :\ I mean did u see those character models :\

With high AA, AF, lighting, facial expressions in real time with no pop in and having a solid framerate doing all that? Consoles aren't made of magic!

#37 Posted by mitu123 (154618 posts) -

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

[QUOTE="campzor"] what exactly cant be done by consoles? :\campzor

Watch this(bottom vid).

#38 Posted by D4W1L4H (1764 posts) -

scaled.php?server=651&filename=controlle

That sure does look like a Wii U pro controller.

#39 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

mitu123

Watch this(bottom vid).

hmm does look much better than the video i saw..guess u are right. I cant tell if this is how the game is going to be or not.. seems way to good to be true (some of that HAS to be scripted... i cant beleive it)
#40 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -
G4 said it was running on PC.
#41 Posted by Gue1 (11267 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

BrunoBRS

Heavy Rain vs Watch Dog

he was saying heavy rain looks plastic and not nearly as detailed. rain looks better, lighting looks better, movement looks better, characters look better, etc, etc. not saying it's next gen, but it beats heavy rain.

true, true. Is just that I didn't put much attention to it until I posted it myself. I just saw the video on the Gamespot stream and it had so much compression and artifacts it was hard to see many of its detail and since GameFan responded so aggressively I just went and posted the vids without comparing them myself.

#43 Posted by PAL360 (27264 posts) -

Anyone saying that are 360/PS3 games that look like Watch Dogs have no clue about hardware or game engines work. No console this gen can handle those individual rain particles or car physics. If thats a 360/PS3/PC game, then thats clearly the PC version running on a high end PC.

#44 Posted by KingsMessenger (2570 posts) -

D4W1L4H

WatchDogsXbox.png

Razer Onza (notice Yellow and Red buttons between trigger and analog stick)

tumblr_loeoh9PNZy1qabnl2.jpg

And that's why you don't post crappy low res pictures.

#45 Posted by azshorty2003 (4648 posts) -
It wasn't Confirmed on anything. It's only rumors. It looks like it could be the beginning of nextgen releases.
#46 Posted by JohnF111 (14107 posts) -
Yeah definitely the game to watch and I'll be buying it definitely.
#47 Posted by mrfrosty151986 (533 posts) -
It was shown running in PC...
#48 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

[QUOTE="GameFan1983"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

Gue1

Heavy Rain vs Watch Dog

Not only does Heavy Rain look worse, but it's also linear.

#49 Posted by AtariKidX (6340 posts) -

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

KingsMessenger

WatchDogsXbox.png

Razer Onza (notice Yellow and Red buttons between trigger and analog stick)

tumblr_loeoh9PNZy1qabnl2.jpg

And that's why you don't post crappy low res pictures.

That is the XBOX360 black controller......but the game is probably play on PC.
#50 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
People are thinking this isn't being played on a PC build? Really now. Really? Godamn people, just wow.