Washy Doges ps4 vs xbone comparison.

• 136 results
#51 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Both of them looks quite bad, but the xbone certainly wasn't of better quality. Bummer for anyone and everyone playing on either console.

Honestly the more I see of this game the less I want to own it. I am Interested in seeing all the reviews though.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#52 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

@Heirren said:

It is like comparing composite to component.

#54 Posted by lundy86_4 (47261 posts) -

Both look pretty decent, though naturally the PS4 version edges out the X1. Still, the average consumer likely won't even know.

#55 Posted by kuu2 (8717 posts) -

I am sure that the PauperStation4 crushing blacks will be labeled as awesome sauce in this thread.

#56 Edited by Scipio8 (915 posts) -

lol both versions looking very similar though the ps4 version suffers with crushed blacks and poor textures. OP thread backfired.

#57 Posted by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

Look pretty much identical other then gamma settings. It does look like PS4 has better lighting during the day but pretty close overall.

#58 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

TLHBO

#59 Edited by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

Looks marginally better on the PS4, sharper shadows, AO and other lighting aspects are better. I want to see some more shots with long distances side by side, the PS4 seems to have much better trees in the background of the garage picture.

Disappointing overall though, i expected better than what just looks to be an upgraded version of last gen game across all platforms.

#60 Edited by santoron (8575 posts) -

I keep looking for signs of that more dynamic world allegedly exclusive to the Xbone...

#61 Posted by clyde46 (48915 posts) -

>wifi grenades

>hackable pace makers

>RFID apartment keys

>exploding steam pipes

>"The IP address is coming from that room!"

>"shoots fired" "don't shot" "an helicopter"

>criminals talking about their crimes over the phone in an overtly-surveiled city

>no police

>Press X to Everything

>everything is a generic cliched game mechanic redressed in ctOS

>braindead AI with magic bottomless mags

>barebones cover shooter mechanics

>Press X to make dynamic cover from any one of 35,000 hand-placed forklifts

>PS2-era ragdolls

>weak driving physics

>nonexistent destruction

>3 ways to end a chase sequence

>undersides of cars are literally a black texture

>driverless trains with driver seats

>world mechanics lifted DIRECTLY from AC1 just like every other open-world ubisoft game

>boring story with inconsistent characters and tone and mediocre voice acting

>casually kill hundreds of sometimes-innocent people across Chicago, America, and even internationally in your quest to secure your missing sister

>shit-to-mediocre graphics depending on platform

>horrible, shit-tronica soundtrack

>weak licensed radio which is really just a long playlist

>no cars PS3/360

>final boss is a QTE

#62 Posted by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

Absolutely no difference at all. Although at night I give a edge to X1

#63 Edited by clr84651 (5620 posts) -

These comparisons are lame. Wolfenstein's was obviously false. They always look like brightness/contrast changes on one TV vs the other & passed off as the games themselves being made differently. LOL

#64 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

Absolutely no difference at all. Although at night I give a edge to X1

...of course you do

#65 Posted by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -
@Celsius765 said:

@sibu_xgamer said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Only lemmings wouldn't understand what AO is, lmao.

Ignorance is bliss right?

It has come to my attention that the entire lemming gaming experience relies heavily on ignorance. Many of them actively avoid superior experiences to fool themselves. It's a very fascinating phenomenon the level of self-deception some of them reach.

either that or they're not out there getting high off of specs. Too busy playing games I guess.

If that were true, why aren't they just playing games on the most capable and cheaper machine? Nope, I think theirs is a case of blind loyalty based on ignorance.

#66 Edited by MrXboxOne (799 posts) -

@lostrib: yahoo agrees with me lost. Or are you butthurt?

#67 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lostrib: yahoo agrees with me lost. Or are you butthurt?

why? i'll be playing it at 1080p

#68 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -
@clr84651 said:

These comparisons are lame. Wolfenstein's was obviously false. They always look like brightness/contrast changes on one TV vs the other & passed off as the games themselves being made differently. LOL

you have any proof it was false, or are you just talking out your fanboy ass

#69 Posted by sailor232 (6212 posts) -

So now that the Ps4 is CRUSHING BLACKS it is cool? Or are we calling it something else?

#70 Posted by xxyetixx (1894 posts) -

I have to say with the PS4 having sooooooo much more power than the X1 Watchdogs looks the same on both systems.

#71 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

@xxyetixx said:

I have to say with the PS4 having sooooooo much more power than the X1 Watchdogs looks the same on both systems.

You could kind of use that same argument for pc, lol.

Everyone got screwed, some got boned more than others.

#72 Edited by silversix_ (22611 posts) -

Thanks for making my eyes bleed. X1 version is just gta5 in 792p

#73 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

The only thing that could make this game worse, is if they have chief keef on the soundtrack.

#74 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

#75 Edited by Celsius765 (1209 posts) -

@sibu_xgamer said:
@Celsius765 said:

@sibu_xgamer said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It has come to my attention that the entire lemming gaming experience relies heavily on ignorance. Many of them actively avoid superior experiences to fool themselves. It's a very fascinating phenomenon the level of self-deception some of them reach.

either that or they're not out there getting high off of specs. Too busy playing games I guess.

If that were true, why aren't they just playing games on the most capable and cheaper machine? Nope, I think theirs is a case of blind loyalty based on ignorance.

that's true, I like to call them fake fans. They love unconditionally, never criticize or demand better or more from the company they love. they do more harm than good by buying sub par games, shovelware, or broken glithcy games

#76 Posted by danlevm (289 posts) -

at night the lighting is pretty nice on both consoles...

#77 Posted by Celsius765 (1209 posts) -

For me it;s not the graphics but physical mechanics animation that help me enjoy a game. Like how the character moves or movin objects in a game or simple stuff like moving water or lava. Sometimes it looks bad like flat and moving with a bubbling effect if it's lava. Some companies make mistakes though, like in Bioshock after the plane crashed and you're in the water. Unless our character is a champion swimmer he shouldn't have been that fast and he's in water so odds are you're dipping up and down as you move and he moved through that water very smoothly

#78 Edited by Ballroompirate (25332 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sw needs to be sponsored by LensCrafters.

I know your site revenue took a hit GS, take this advice and get on it.

Would rather them just admit their stubbornness, that they fraked up and they are going back to the old GS.

Oh fire Tom, Kevin and Carolyn, they suck

#79 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sw needs to be sponsored by LensCrafters.

I know your site revenue took a hit GS, take this advice and get on it.

Would rather them just admit their stubbornness, that they fraked up and they are going back to the old GS.

Oh fire Tom, Kevin and Carolyn, they suck

Kevin's decent, at least I can stand him way more than Tom and Carol.

To be honest, I don't really pay attention to the reviews here, it's fun to use as fuel for SW but really that's where their importance ends with me.

#80 Edited by Cheleman (8185 posts) -

Rainbow... that is clearly the 360 version. You're not fooling anyone ALRIGHT? But nice try though ;)

You hear that lemmings? ITS JUST THE 360 VERSION. No need to panic. So go ahead and drop the rope, pills, and toasters... wait... no... NOT THE TOASTERS! Carefully check to see if theres any delicious warm bread inside. Then drop em :]

#81 Posted by getyeryayasout (10263 posts) -

@clyde46: Oooph! That's not very encouraging. I'm starting to think that WD is going to be available for 50% off a month or so after launch. I tend to like these types of games, but I'm going to wait this game out and if it's fun at all, scoop it up cheap.

#82 Posted by cainetao11 (27359 posts) -

@sibu_xgamer said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Wow. So that's how hermits look at cows and everyone else.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#83 Edited by StrongBlackVine (12725 posts) -

Game looks like shit on both, but of course it looks worse on Xflop.

#84 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

Rainbow... that is clearly the 360 version. You're not fooling anyone ALRIGHT? But nice try though ;)

You hear that lemmings? ITS JUST THE 360 VERSION. No need to panic. So go ahead and drop the rope, pills, and toasters... wait... no... NOT THE TOASTERS! Carefully check to see if theres any delicious warm bread inside. Then drop em :]

#85 Posted by Ballroompirate (25332 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: Oh little finger, you clever some **** douche

#86 Posted by silversix_ (22611 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

I laugh. Lems shouldn't.

#87 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2865 posts) -

The difference is pretty marginal, but this YT video doesn't show the difference in resoution that actually does make the PS4 version noticably sharper.

#88 Posted by thehig1 (5179 posts) -

I don't see any difference, the game looks good though

#89 Posted by lamprey263 (32106 posts) -

well, this isn't the kind of comparison I think cows want, break out the ultra zoom pixel counter comparison

#90 Edited by Cloud_imperium (13807 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why are you comparing last gen versions? Why not show the next gen version of Watch DOgs on PC?

The game looks like shit on PC too brah. Sorry to ruin your fantasy.

No .

Loading Video...

#91 Edited by scatteh316 (5559 posts) -

Better AO on PS4

Higher resolution shadows on PS4 ( Can be seen on the first zoom buy the chair )

Image quality is also loads better on PS4, less shimmering and pixel crawl ( Higher resolution and more likely a better PPAA implementation )

@spitfire-six - Dude it's not contrast, it's a better implementation of ambient occlusion on PS4.

#92 Edited by gajbutler (193 posts) -

The difference ain't noticeable unless you really look closely.

Wanna see how much better the PC version looks now.

#93 Edited by mwamba1 (96 posts) -

This is what you get for cross-gen releases. If watchdogs had half the graphical fidelity of ISS which is also an open world game it'd still be better than this. I have yet to see the benefit of Ubisoft choosing to use last-gen visuals for this game. I am seriously over these cross-gen games. The graphics look rubbish on ps4/xb1. dissapointing

#94 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

I'm not watching it but I'm gonna assume another Boobisoft downgrade.

Yes, Boobisoft. Yes, it's very juvenile. Deal with it.

#95 Posted by m3dude1 (2197 posts) -

highly inappropriate terminology IMO. boobs are great, ubisoft is not.

#96 Posted by mwamba1 (96 posts) -

I'm so dissapointed you have no idea. Next in line for downgrade is The Division. The sad thing is after seeing games like ISS and Killzone, as a PS4 owner I know Ubisoft could have done much better but they pruposefully chose to shit on us.

#97 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2938 posts) -

Looks about the same, not enough of a difference to argue about.

#98 Edited by Spitfire-Six (1062 posts) -

#99 Edited by Weird_Jerk (632 posts) -

There seems to be some sort of confusion between crushed blacks and AO, as I've seen at least five people throwing "CRUSHED BLACKS LOL" around already, so I'll attempt to introduce some new concepts to those who are uninformed.

Crushed blacks: It literally looks like the gamma is turned down and the contrast is set to maximum. Almost all the subtle details within shaded areas are lost because lights are made lighter and darks are made not just darker, but black.

Ambient Occlusion: in layman's terms, it attempts to mimic how light bounces; therefore, areas that are in crevices or corners receive less light because light cannot escape, making those areas darker. I used this image just to piss people off because it was one of the best examples google found for me. This image is pretty much the primary defining difference between the PS4 and Xbox One for Watch Dogs (in addition to the differences in resolution and shadows).

#100 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18711 posts) -

Wtf is this Ubi?

Loading Video...