Was Titanfall A Failure?

Posted by charizard1605 (58278 posts) 3 months, 28 days ago

Poll: Was Titanfall A Failure? (227 votes)

Yes 59%
No 41%

This is, I suppose, an interesting question. Titanfall came out earlier this year amidst much hype, and then... it disappeared. Completely. Literally, no one talks about it, not even to criticize it. Its mindshare was absolutely zero.

Was Titanfall a failure? Let's consider the question from various parameters:

• Review scores: Titanfall seems to have done well here, with an overall Metascore of 86, which includes a 9/10 on this very site. This wasn't any world breaking success or anything on this front- and compared, especially, to Zampella and West's last major game (Modern Warfare/2), is a dramatic step down, but it's a reasonable success here.
  • Sales: Things get much messier here. Six months since its initial release, we have no numbers whatsoever for this game. We know that it sold 900,000 in the US on the Xbox One... and that's it. Microsoft won't give us numbers, EA won't give us numbers, Respawn won't give us numbers, third party agencies like NPD won't give us numbers. There is a distinct lack of any commentary on this game's sales performance, apart from various representatives from EA saying 'it did well,' which, if it did, where are the receipts? Why hide the numbers?
  • Online population: Amusingly enough, the game, which can only be played online, seems to have dwindled out as far as the online population goes. To be specific: on PC, the game is a ghost town. You can't find any games without much difficulty, and this is in spite of some major and aggressive Origin sales for the game (at least two in six months) as well as free weekends (also at least two in six months). It's slightly better on Xbox One and Xbox 360, but it's not even the most popular, or the second most popular, shooter on those systems- Call of Duty and Battlefield are both ranked higher.
  • Did it help the Xbox One? This was supposed to be one of this game's primary functions. EA and Microsoft both positioned Titanfall as a major system seller for the Xbox One. When the Xbox One began to fall clearly behind the PS4 right after its launch, people pointed to Titanfall as the game that would reverse (or at least stall) the trend, and help the Xbox One regain momentum. And yet... this did not happen. There was no noticeable increase in Xbox One sales once Titanfall launched. In fact, Xbox One sales fell after the launch of Titanfall in the US (which is the game's and the console's strongest territory), and this was in spite of some aggressive bundling, pricing, and promotions of the game and the console.
  • The biggest game of this year: This ties directly into its sales performance, I guess, but Microsoft billed Titanfall as 'the biggest game of this year' in its press releases leading up to the game's launch. By any metric- review scores, sales, online population, hardware boosts- the game failed at living up to its billing. It is clear that a game like Destiny, for example, or even Smash Bros. 4, will easily beat this game on all of those fronts. Even Mario Kart 8 beat Titanfall on all of those fronts. What was supposed to be the biggest game of this year became barely a blip that didn't even leave any lasting mark on the gaming landscape.
  • The intangibles: There are three intangibles to consider- this game, the next game from the makers of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, was supposed to be one of those games that would reinvent the FPS genre, reconceptualize how we approach shooters. This game, like Halo with FPSs, and Gears of Wars with TPSs, was Microsoft's bid to go for three out of three as far as defining shooter titles being exclusive to the Xbox goes. And finally, this game was supposed to earn the Xbox One (and itself) some major, major mindshare. People would keep talking about the Xbox One, because Titanfall would be the big thing in gaming, and hey, that was only on Xbox One. Each would help the other grow. Except... again, it failed on all these three 'intangible' parameters as well. The game's mindshare, as mentioned above, was absolutely zero. The game changed nothing as far as first person shooters go. And certainly, it being the defining shooter of its generation, or being exclusive to Xbox One, are both laughable notions as far as this game goes. It seems to have, then, failed with the intangible parameters as well.

In my estimation, then, Titanfall was a resounding failure. It may have been a modest sales and reviews success (just barely, at that), but on the whole, on any scale, tangible or intangible, absolute or relative, the game seems to have failed. I don't know what EA, Respawn, or Microsoft expected from Titanfall, but what ultimately happened to it was certainly not it, I am assuming.

What do you think? Did the game fail?

#51 Posted by slimdogmilionar (562 posts) -

It depends on how you define failure. The game sold 2 million copies on xbox one alone, those are pretty good numbers for a new ip in an overpopulated genre. I don't think it was the game changer M$ thought it was going to be to move consoles, but it was a huge success for Respawn.

My personal experience is that the game was too easy, I play mostly FPS games and I did not find the game challenging at all, they made it too obvious that it was geared toward casuals. For someone like me who puts hundreds of hours into COD and Battlefield games TF was like child's play.

#53 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@Slashkice said:

As the savior of the Xbox One, or the next 'Call of Duty'-esque sales monster it failed.

As a new IP it did fine.

It cant be called a savior for the X1 when it wasn't X1 exclusive. MS should have been smarter with this title and made it X1 exclusive and not allowed for it to be made on 360. I do believe had this been the case, this game would have sold X1's on its own!

#54 Posted by WallofTruth (1748 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

The game is extremely fun. I still play it almost daily. The only downfall would be the lack of content.

The foundation is there, so they've really set themselves up for something special with Titanfall 2. So no, I don't think its a failure.

And I've never had an issue in finding online games on Xbox One. Ever.

And if TF2 comes to PS4 then it will suddenly suck

#55 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Considering how this game was hyped to be the be all end all of FPS it failed quite hard.

It has 86 on meta.

It failed to spark xbox one sales over the PS4.

and failed to make great sales as well.

One of the biggest failures in years,compare with the hype and money spent on it promoting it.

It wasn't exclusive to the X1, so the sales that could have all gone to the X1 were split across two XBOX gaming platforms...(X1 and 360)! If this game had been positioned as a Xbox One exclusive from the get go, it would have pushed consoles off of the shelves. If you can't see that, then any sense of common logic is lost on you!!

#56 Posted by david61983 (189 posts) -

I don't see how anyone can classify it as anything but a failure. It was designed to be a game changer in the next-gen console race. Something that would put the Xbone over the top. It was nothing than a blip on the radar. It may have been a decent multiplayer game, but it definitely failed to do what it was supposed to.

#57 Posted by ianhh6 (421 posts) -

I agree it was a failure despite being a great game. It wasn't marketed well enough after launch despite being the most hyped game I've seen since... well... ever. If you compare Titanfall to The Last of Us you'll understand the difference better; TLoU never really left anybody's minds in the full year since it was released and now that it's on the ps4 it's going to stay big for a while. A month after the release of Titanfall and I was already wondering how it was doing or if people were still even playing it... Being released on the PC from day 1 and the 360 shortly after hurt the Xbone quite a bit but this was more EA's fault than Microsoft... Had it ONLY been released on the Xbone I'm sure both the game and the console would have benefitted.

#58 Posted by tormentos (18373 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

All PS4 and Wii U owners vote as failure

Gamers who owns many system, played Titanfall knows it´s not failure.

TOTALLY WORTHLESS TOPIC. WE ALL KNOW IT´S NOT FAILURE. NO NEED TO TALK HOW IT FAILED WHEN YOU NOT EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME(LIKE MOST SAYS IT HAS BAD GAMEPLAY, AND YET THAT PERSON NEVER EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME)

in fact Titanfall is best selling Xbox One game. Titanfall outsold Call of Duty, Forza, Battlefield, Dead Rising 3.

Titanfall on Xbox One alone has outsold Killzone Shadow Fall so far

Totally bullsh** post like always..

Link to Titanfall numbers please..

I don't think it beat COD,and even if it did COD wasn't given free like Titanfall was for new xbox one owners,like half a million of those copies where given free to new xbox owners maybe you forgot that.

Again link to were is say that Titanfall surpasses Killzone in sales i find that very heard to believe Killzone sold 2.1 million units as of January the PS4 was basically 2 months old,it should be closer to 3 million now,and unlike Titanfall it wasn't bundle free,like MS started to do with Titanfall in February..lol

@R3FURBISHED said:

Best selling game on Xbox One. Titanfall sold 925,000 physical units in it's first month

I don't see how the game could be considered a failure.

Yeah and 400k where bundle FREE with new xbox one...

Which make it totally crap.

This game was hyped to be the be all end all of FPS it was suppose to be the new call of duty killer,pretending now that 925k was great is a joke.

It failed and EA danced around sales figures for that same reason,this game sold across 3 platforms 1 quart of what COD sell on 360 alone that sad it was.

@mems_1224 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@mems_1224 said:

No. It was a really fun game and great first step for a new IP. People just had ridiculous unrealistic expectations for the game for some reason.

If by people you mean Microsoft and EA, then yes, I think I agree with you.

I mean, they marketed the shit out of that game but Titanfall got a ton of unwarranted hate for not revolutionizing the FPS genre which is a bullshit thing to hold against any game.

Bullsh** and this coming from you is a joke,Resistance has the same freaking score as this sh** game and you consider it crap,Titanfall didn't have any unwarranted hate,if you sold something as the best thing ever since electricity you better deliver and Titanfall didn't deliver period.

It was weak,has few content,no single player and carry a fu**ing full price of $60 dollars,Resistance was 10 times more complete than this game on 2006 supported 40 players at once which was unheard of in the console market over huge maps,with some of the coolest weapons to ever touch a FPS and you consider it to be trash.

The game failed because MS and EA over sold the game to people,specially MS who basically pretended that the game was exclusive and even restrict them self from even promoting the game on xbox 360 to make it seen as an xbox one exclusive.

COD on xbox 360 sell 3 or 4 times what Titanfall sold across 3 platforms,that sad the game failed..lol

Only people who defend this games are lemming who still believe the game is some how exclusive and who has threat the game as so since it was announce.

#59 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

Resounding failure? You're an idiot.

#60 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

The game was pretty good, but drastically lacking in content. I guess I'm sort of glad I got it at launch so I could actually play it, but it's not really worth $60.

It was billed as the next huge FPS, yet it failed to be better than Call of Duty or Halo. From that standpoint, the game was a colossal failure. Microsoft spent a lot of money securing exclusivity and marketing this game, and the game failed to push consoles.

#61 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Nope. Great game, Reviewed well. Sold nearly 4 million as a new IP. It didn't move as many Xbox Ones as MS hoped for, but from a game perspective I love it and its still the most played game amongst the majority of my friends. Not a perfect game, but a damn good one. Its a win. Not the win MS had hoped for, but as a game, new IP sales, and platform to build more its a success. I can't wait for Titanfall 2.

#62 Posted by Prawephet (310 posts) -

@mems_1224: What do you mean they had ridiculous expectations "for some reason"?

The expectations were set by the multi million dollar marketing budgets that slammed Titanfall in your face everywhere you went. My non gamer friends knew what the game was. Everyone knew what Titanfall was. It's pretty clear where the expectation came from.

#63 Edited by dommeus (9379 posts) -

I don't think it failed, but it wasn't nearly as successful as EA or MS had hoped.

#64 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Nope. Great game, Reviewed well. Sold nearly 4 million as a new IP. It didn't move as many Xbox Ones as MS hoped for, but from a game perspective I love it and its still the most played game amongst the majority of my friends. Not a perfect game, but a damn good one. Its a win. Not the win MS had hoped for, but as a game, new IP sales, and platform to build more its a success. I can't wait for Titanfall 2.

Do you have official stats on those numbers?

Also yes IMO titanfall was a failure.
It failed to be the big AAA game MS and EA were hoping for, failed to move a massive amount of units. It wasnt the flagship people were expecting it to be.

Good game nonetheless.

#65 Edited by tormentos (18373 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

86 great score

Nothing could have done that

It sold superbly on Xbox One, +3million sales in total

Your parents think you are the failure

This gen sure it is last gen for lemming anything under 90 was bad,Resistance scored than same 86 and people tag it as trash and generic.lol

Sadly that is what you say now,months before Titanfall hit many lemming claim that Titanfall would help the xbox one outsold the PS4,reason why March NPD was so epic here when it failed.

3 million in sales is across all platforms not on xbox one alone,supposedly 2 million are from the xbox one which isn't that impressive when you account that some 400k units were given free by MS bundle with the $449 xbox one that started on February to be sold.

So is basically 2 million on xbox one after 5 months of sales,compare that to Killzone SF which sold 2.1 million in 2 months on a 4.2 million user base.

Not as much failure as you that is for sure.

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

It wasn't exclusive to the X1, so the sales that could have all gone to the X1 were split across two XBOX gaming platforms...(X1 and 360)! If this game had been positioned as a Xbox One exclusive from the get go, it would have pushed consoles off of the shelves. If you can't see that, then any sense of common logic is lost on you!!

That is sad because the game wasn't on PS4,so the sales that could have been on PS4 happen on xbox one..

COD dales are split amount many platforms doesn't stop it from selling 10 million on xbox 360 each year,your excuse is sad,in fact sales on PC and xbox 360 combined are not as big as the xbox one sales of titanfall so yeah your excuse hold no water.

#66 Posted by Bigboi500 (30093 posts) -

Yep. Wouldn't have been if it was also on PS4 were more people could play it.

#67 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

It failed to be the big AAA game MS and EA were hoping for, failed to move a massive amount of units. It wasnt the flagship people were expecting it to be.

Good game nonetheless.

No official numbers at all, sadly. - I read somewhere 4 million, but vgcharts http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Titanfall

Has it at 3.28 million copies sold, with over 2 on Xbox One. And I disagree. Its a AAA game and new IP. They wanted to sell 7+ million and sold 3.28 (likely very close to that) I don't think EA or Respawn are disappointed as MS paid then a shit-ton of money upfront. And they will no doubt make Titanfall 2 for all systems unless MS dumps another huge check on their desk. MS is likely disappointed that the game didn't move a ton of Xbox Ones, but it still sold great on the console and has a robust community on it. To me it was a moderate success with a great future.

#68 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -

Failure?

Seriously what a dumb thread. This kind of stuff is expected from the young Sony fanboys but someone that the site considered good enough to be a mod lmao. Clearly the game sold very well but did it live up to hype? Well there were no projected numbers before launch so it is your own opinion on what you expected. As of March it was almost 1 million on just retail sales only in America so no PC or digital sales on Xbox One.

#69 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@shawn30 said:

Good game nonetheless.

No official numbers at all, sadly. - I read somewhere 4 million, but vgcharts http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Titanfall

Has it at 3.28 million copies sold, with over 2 on Xbox One. And I disagree. Its a AAA game and new IP. They wanted to sell 7+ million and sold 3.28 (likely very close to that) I don't think EA or Respawn are disappointed as MS paid then a shit-ton of money upfront. And they will no doubt make Titanfall 2 for all systems unless MS dumps another huge check on their desk. MS is likely disappointed that the game didn't move a ton of Xbox Ones, but it still sold great on the console and has a robust community on it. To me it was a moderate success with a great future.

Prepare to get laughed outta this thread. VGChartz is considered a very big joke around here.\

#70 Posted by cainetao11 (17749 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

The game is fantastic, too bad it had lackluster sales. :( the only thing I didn't like about was, of course, lack of single player.

It is the game I play most on the barren wasteland that is my X1. Looking forward to Destiny now but I still have fun on Titanfall. Game is a blast, I have little trouble finding a game and I still haven't gotten the second DLC so I have more I could play on it.

#71 Posted by cainetao11 (17749 posts) -

@kittennose said:

The premise of this thread is that a game is a failure if it fails to live up to a literal interpretation of it's hype? That is just weird. The word comes from the hyperbole spouted by people promoting a product. If living up to a literal interpretation of the hype was a requirement for avoiding failure, no game with a multimillion dollar advertizing campaign would ever succeed.

Titanfall is a brand new IP that sold pretty well in an industry where betting on a new IP can cause a studio to fold. Twisting that into a failure by juxtaposing it with the media blitz is pretty disingenuous. On the other hand, hypeless launches would be all kinds of comical.

Last of Us super HD definitive Oscar edition: Almost as good as a Netflix original series. !WARNING! contains mild gameplay elements.

Beyond Earth: Look no one believes the "one more turn before bed line." Why don't you just shoot for trying not to drool when your eyes glaze over. That is a much more realistic goal. Pre-order bonus includes boss yelling over how late you are.

Star Citizen: Yeah, we all know you will move on long before the game is "finished" but we are going to keep accepting donations until our stretch goals are mapped out to 2019.

Sunset Overdrive: Coming to Games with Gold 2015.

Evolve: Communication is going to be super important in this game, so get ready to listen to a doof squeal about how you are doing it all wrong.

Haloed Gears of Battleduty's Honor XVII: Got to pay for more stripperpult ammo somehow.

LOL hilarious and true imo. But that may be a little too intelligent for a couple of cows that are calling failure for the very reason of hype. In truth its a failure to them because its not on PS. They will never admit to this, instead say things to the effect "Titanfall 2 will be; keep that junk off PS4". But had it been, the tune would be a different one.

#72 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

Yes. When Angry Joe did the review Titanfall, I didn't even bother with it and he pointed out what Titanfall lacks, replay value. There was a reason why MS hype this game, it was going to be boring very quickly.

#73 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17784 posts) -

The game has zero personality. If you're going to have ONLINE ONLY you better have some sort of memorable charm to your game. Titanfall is dry and dull and boring. This world is drab. The characters are cut and paste.

#74 Edited by Chutebox (37374 posts) -

Yes and no. It scored well and i assume it sold well. But it failed to move X1s substantially and it failed the expectations brought from previews and MS/EA

#75 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Yes and no. It scored well and i assume it sold well. But it failed to move X1s substantially and it failed the expectations brought from previews and MS/EA

What are your stats that the game failed to move X1s? Sure you can point at X1 numbers but the way Microsoft handled the launch it could have been worse without Titanfall for all we know. In March alone which is not far off from the launch it sold almost 1 million retail games and that is not including downloadable or or PC games.

#76 Posted by Chutebox (37374 posts) -

@FastRobby: Not seeing a source in that article.

#77 Posted by tormentos (18373 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

VGchartz = lols and you know it.. That goal post..lol

But even going by VGchartz it sold sad,from those 2.07 million like 400k were FREE BUNDLES remember.?

All of march sales and part of february sales were xbox one Titanfall free bundle and those are been accounted there.

I dare say EA is very disappointed specially when they believe that the xbox one would dominate the PS4 this gen,is no secret EA was in bed with MS and pay the price for it,Titanfall on PS4 would have probably outsell the xbox one version,much like it happen with every single mulktiplatform out there..

@shawn30 said:

3.28 is not nearly 4 million units,and that is by VGchartz which we all know it totally lol worthy.

@CanYouDiglt said:

Failure?

Seriously what a dumb thread. This kind of stuff is expected from the young Sony fanboys but someone that the site considered good enough to be a mod lmao. Clearly the game sold very well but did it live up to hype? Well there were no projected numbers before launch so it is your own opinion on what you expected.

Sold very well in your close little world.

It was a total failure specially for the hype it carry,but but 100 E3 awards best thing since electricity...lol

#78 Posted by Chutebox (37374 posts) -

Forgot to mention it failed to advertise the cloud. We got all if this BS talk from the devs and MS about how only the cloud can help make the game they wanted. And what do we get? Horrible AI and nothing else. Fail

#79 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

VGchartz = lols and you know it.. That goal post..lol

But even going by VGchartz it sold sad,from those 2.07 million like 400k were FREE BUNDLES remember.?

All of march sales and part of february sales were xbox one Titanfall free bundle and those are been accounted there.

I dare say EA is very disappointed specially when they believe that the xbox one would dominate the PS4 this gen,is no secret EA was in bed with MS and pay the price for it,Titanfall on PS4 would have probably outsell the xbox one version,much like it happen with every single mulktiplatform out there..

@shawn30 said:

3.28 is not nearly 4 million units,and that is by VGchartz which we all know it totally lol worthy.

@CanYouDiglt said:

Failure?

Seriously what a dumb thread. This kind of stuff is expected from the young Sony fanboys but someone that the site considered good enough to be a mod lmao. Clearly the game sold very well but did it live up to hype? Well there were no projected numbers before launch so it is your own opinion on what you expected.

Sold very well in your close little world.

It was a total failure specially for the hype it carry,but but 100 E3 awards best thing since electricity...lol

Then dum dum what are the total sales if it was such a failure? There is a link showing almost 1 million sales in just the first 3 or 4 months of Xbox One and that is not including PC or downloaded for any system.

edit- Hell I just looked on Wiki and the game released in March so 1 million sales in the first month in just America without including digital sales or PC sales.

#80 Edited by AzatiS (7654 posts) -

Titanfall wasnt what i was expecting .

Failure as a game ? No way. But failed to impress me , something that it promised with so much hype and buzz around it. It didnt , it was just a good game for play a while. Thats all. Nothing too good to be true.

EDIT : Also too many butthurt lems i see in this topic already , i wonder why ! lol

#81 Posted by tormentos (18373 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

Then dum dum what are the total sales if it was such a failure? There is a link showing almost 1 million sales in just the first 3 or 4 months of Xbox One and that is not including PC or downloaded for any system.

edit- Hell I just looked on Wiki and the game released in March so 1 million sales in the first month in just America without including digital sales or PC sales.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-exceeded-2-1-million-units-as-of-january-15/

2.1 million in 2 months.

Now compare that to 2 million in 5 months that Titanfall has on the market.

Also bundles are accounted dude,which were free for Titanfall on Killzone Bundles sony charged you for the game $60.

And to think Killzone wasn't even close advertized to Titanfall which was advertized to hell and beyond with site themes and all..lol

It was a failure.

#82 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5071 posts) -

for ea no because the game sold very well for a new ip and got a shit load of marketing

for ms yes because it couldnt even beat ps4 in usa in that month even after all the marketing/discounts

for gamers it failed, game has good ideas but after playing it for 24 hours i just dont care about it. it has a good foundation but they really need to improve quite a lot of thing for the sequel

#83 Posted by tormentos (18373 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

LOL hilarious and true imo. But that may be a little too intelligent for a couple of cows that are calling failure for the very reason of hype. In truth its a failure to them because its not on PS. They will never admit to this, instead say things to the effect "Titanfall 2 will be; keep that junk off PS4". But had it been, the tune would be a different one.

Which is why lemming like you think the game isn't a failure because is not on PS4,but if the game was on PS4 like Destiny is it would be just another game of the bunch.

The game failed because.

1) Failed to meet the sales hype.

2)It fail to meet the score hype across the net.

3) It failed to make the xbox one outsold the PS4 like many predicted.

#84 Edited by Lionheart08 (15436 posts) -

Yes. Not in the sense that it was a bad game, but Microsoft was clearly banking on it to be their Killer App the same way Gears of Wars was last gen.

#85 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@CanYouDiglt said:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sales-exceeded-2-1-million-units-as-of-january-15/

2.1 million in 2 months.

Now compare that to 2 million in 5 months that Titanfall has on the market.

Also bundles are accounted dude,which were free for Titanfall on Killzone Bundles sony charged you for the game $60.

And to think Killzone wasn't even close advertized to Titanfall which was advertized to hell and beyond with site themes and all..lol

It was a failure.

So what? I never said anything about Killzone. You are just so trigger happy to bash anything Microsoft you can not think clearly. 1 million in only disc copies for one month in only America for Titanfall on a system that is 3 months old is far from a failure. If you you have total sales that are current for worldwide which I am sure will be much more then the 1 million then by all means post away.

#86 Posted by Lucianu (9449 posts) -

It's not a failure. It's just typical filler material that all consoles get early in their lifespan. A decent western title with some cool ideas, but devoid of any charm whatsoever with painfully bland aesthetics and a millitary'ish atmosphere that's been beaten to death like a dead horse in western shooters since forever.

#87 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

Considering ti was supposed to be the next COD, then yes.

#88 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17784 posts) -

It needed a single player. Yeah I'm going to keep saying it.

#89 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

Which is why lemming like you think the game isn't a failure because is not on PS4,but if the game was on PS4 like Destiny is it would be just another game of the bunch.

The game failed because.

Well... I absolutely hate to admit this, but I cannot rebut your points. TitanFall has not sold as well as predicted (including my prediction), it did not score AAA as many predicted (I don't think I made a score prediction, other than it will score above a 7), and it has not appeared to be a system seller (again, that I predicted). I still like it a lot, though.

So, you won that round...

#90 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8208 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

All PS4 and Wii U owners vote as failure

Gamers who owns many system, played Titanfall knows it´s not failure.

TOTALLY WORTHLESS TOPIC. WE ALL KNOW IT´S NOT FAILURE. NO NEED TO TALK HOW IT FAILED WHEN YOU NOT EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME(LIKE MOST SAYS IT HAS BAD GAMEPLAY, AND YET THAT PERSON NEVER EVEN PLAYED THIS GAME)

in fact Titanfall is best selling Xbox One game. Titanfall outsold Call of Duty, Forza, Battlefield, Dead Rising 3.

Titanfall on Xbox One alone has outsold Killzone Shadow Fall so far

Please stop posting.

#91 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72453 posts) -

it was a big mistake only releasing it on MS platforms and PC. Also the game doesn't have singleplayer either. I think the game is solid, but slightly overrated

#92 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3727 posts) -

The game was over hyped but it wasn't failure .

#93 Posted by Prawephet (310 posts) -

@Chutebox: Someone needs to make a GIF of really stupid Titanfall AI and then end it with "The power of the cloud".

It would become the most overused GIF ever.

#95 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

consider the hype TF is a huge failure!

i voted yes!

also smart people don't fall for this bot game hype they play cs:go anyway. the better and more skilled game TF will ever be. TF the johndoe game!

#96 Edited by funsohng (28117 posts) -

A failure? More like THE failure.

#97 Posted by Krelian-co (11210 posts) -

Yes it is, it was incredibly boring and repetitive.

#98 Edited by Krelian-co (11210 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@cainetao11 said:

The game failed because.

Well... I absolutely hate to admit this, but I cannot rebut your points. TitanFall has not sold as well as predicted (including my prediction), it did not score AAA as many predicted (I don't think I made a score prediction, other than it will score above a 7), and it has not appeared to be a system seller (again, that I predicted). I still like it a lot, though.

So, you won that round...

Well to be fair anything you say is wrong by default so it's not shocking, if there is anyone clueless about things is you, you just hyped it because "muh xbone"

#99 Posted by silversix_ (14803 posts) -

A laughable one at that. I don't remember a game that received so much praise in a long time and what it got is something special know as no content. There's not shooters on the marked that launched with ~10 guns rofl a game about mechs has THREEEEEEE mech LOL

#100 Posted by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

Clearly it was. At least for what MS and their fanboys hyped it to be. The game is another COD wannabe that falls short of faithfully replicating the adictive, generic experience, although generic it was. The hype was highly artificially manufactured like MS is used to do and their usual naive fanboys fall easily for it all the time. It was painful to watch MS fanboys trying to convince themselves that the game was so exciting and good, it felt so fake, it was evident that they didn't even believe it themselves. Don't get me wrong the game is alright for what it is but fanboys really went full headon with their ridiculous hype like fanboys always do.