Was I the Only One Who Hated the Jaggies on Last of Us Ps3?

• 90 results
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I haven't seen a game on Xbone that doesn't have jaggies. I play on a 24 inch monitor thank goodness. I just hope PS4 can run a game on a large TV without the noticeable jaggies but Xbone on the other hand should be played on a 13 inch TV.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts
@Krelian-co said:

@m3dude1 said:

lol @ all the herms who cant even discern between aa on and off chiming in

yeah keep telling yourself that, last gen it was who cares about 1080p! now you are one of the "i can see the 1080p" someday consoles will have aa, as, ao and you will be "able to see them"

when you and the rest of the herms here learn what AA is and can correctly tell when its even enabled you can talk

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO:

Of course everyone hated the jaggies lol. Doesn't stop the game from being a flawed masterpiece

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I grew up with games that had shitty graphics. Can you believe that?

Great go play Mario 3, oh wait standards go up.

Playing 2D games isn't that hard. All you need is 2xSaI and voila!

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

The jaggies were pretty dam apparent in that game, though it wasn't enough to stop me from finishing the game.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Graphics shouldn't affect you to such extent.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

TBH I hated the story more than I hated the jaggies. Americanised drivel....and no that isnt a slur on America or Americans. Merely the tendancy of your media to rely on a set few cliche constructs rinsed and repeated at will with little attempt at unique differenciation. Yet TLOU is praised as having a good story. #Snorefest #Seen it all before.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The only thing I really hated about the original was the A.I. And they didn't touch that in the PS4 version so no thanks.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Not just jaggies but there were lot of blurry textures here and there that made the game look worse . The game itself was pretty good though and had some actual gameplay in it . Alot better than Uncharted series IMO . It wasn't revolutionary when it comes to gameplay but it was good enough .

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#60  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58927 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

It wasn't revolutionary when it comes to gameplay but it was good enough .

But in today's standards that equals "landmark life changing game".

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#61 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

It wasn't revolutionary when it comes to gameplay but it was good enough .

But in today's standards that equals "landmark life changing game".

Lol ,true . Which is sad .

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Graphics are only a means to an end. Some of the best games have meh graphics. Who cares. Just enjoy the damn game.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#64 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Never really noticed the jaggies to be honest. I did hate the brain dead AI though.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Being a pc gamer with an incredibly powerful pc, the concept of "jaggies" is relatively alien.

Stop lying.

@uninspiredcup said:

As primarily a console gamer I find pc gamers very amusing.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/how-is-pc-the-master-race-31228625/?page=3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58927 Posts

My friend, primarily implies "mostly". No lies, no deceit. Simply a lack of comprehension.

I forgive you.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Probably not.

But it didn't bother me. I'm even thinking about replaying it again.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, primarily implies "mostly". No lies, no deceit. Simply a lack of comprehension.

I forgive you.

Just a bunch of bullshit,as usual

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Confirmed never played the game, or owns a ps3.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@blamix99 said:

beaten the game 3x, never had a problem

this, 4x tho

and Im still playing the multiplayer. I honestly dont remember or was paying attention to notice jaggies. Im sure it would had some since its a last gen game running at 720p, but i really cant tell you that i remember jaggies or that they were a problem

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

There's been tons of talk about the price, the existence, the lack of improved visuals, but I have to admit:

I never finished The Last of Us on Ps3. I never cared for the lack of accuracy on DualShock 3, and the game released like a month after e3 where they showed off all those pretty new next-gen games, and once I booted it up on Ps3 and got a look at all those jaggies, I was super disappointed. The game looks great in still shots, but the Ps3 had been tapped out in terms of power by the time the game released.

The whole thing kept me from finishing the game, and I'm really looking forward to playing this game the way I expected to play it last July. But that's just me. 50$ isn't a concern for me, but I get why people aren't digging it.

It's unfortunate but TLOU really suffered from a stupid long generation of consoles. If at the time production started they were able to gear the game towards a PS4 launch the game really could have been amazing visually, without all the screen tear and shit AA.

I did buy and finish the game and finish it but not without noticing the compromises that were made to get it on such old shit hardware.

saying that I'm not that impressed with the difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions, it's not worth another buy in my opinion.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#72 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

There's been tons of talk about the price, the existence, the lack of improved visuals, but I have to admit:

I never finished The Last of Us on Ps3. I never cared for the lack of accuracy on DualShock 3, and the game released like a month after e3 where they showed off all those pretty new next-gen games, and once I booted it up on Ps3 and got a look at all those jaggies, I was super disappointed. The game looks great in still shots, but the Ps3 had been tapped out in terms of power by the time the game released.

The whole thing kept me from finishing the game, and I'm really looking forward to playing this game the way I expected to play it last July. But that's just me. 50$ isn't a concern for me, but I get why people aren't digging it.

no you cant say that, the "naught gods" implemented 16xMSAA on PS3

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I had no problem with them whatsoever. The game looks great, even with the jaggies. Some of you guys have issues.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I loved the game but it really strained my eyes. I found it to be a bit blurry, then the jaggies, the absolutely atrocious frame-rate gave me headaches but the thing that annoyed me the worst was the ground textures.

When you looked at the ground textures directly from above they looked extremely detailed but when you looked at them from normal perspective they all looked like one ugly flat and muddy texture. Never seen anybody complaining about it though, just like I have never seen anybody complaining about Snake firing a gun at the beginning of MGS4 even though he had no ID for it. I wish I could have skipped the PS3 version and go straight to the PS4's. Playing the game on PS3 was a struggle.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@always_explicit said:

TBH I hated the story more than I hated the jaggies. Americanised drivel....and no that isnt a slur on America or Americans. Merely the tendancy of your media to rely on a set few cliche constructs rinsed and repeated at will with little attempt at unique differenciation. Yet TLOU is praised as having a good story. #Snorefest #Seen it all before.

try to make a coherent story that includes gameplay and you'll understand that creating storylines for games is not an easy task. It's way harder than writing a book, making a film or a show because everything about it has to be progressive and open to allow you the space to create the different scenarios for the gameplay. This is why I always say that in order to appreciate this stuff you really do need certain level of intelligence (or let's say "maturity", maybe "experience" or just plain common sense).

Imagine if you turned a 2-3 hours movie straight into a video game. How much gameplay would it have? Or a series like Game of Thrones where 90% of it is just exposition. If you allow choice then you know from fact that the story will never reach its full potential. There is no way.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Well if you're going to game primarily on consoles you've gotta come to terms with the fact you aren't going to be playing with the best gfx, so I'm not sure why you'd "hate" jaggies as you put it.

Just accept stuff like that.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#77  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@PurpleMan5000: Like being easily distracted by an onslaught of jagged edges? :p

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 IMAHAPYHIPPO
@Netret0120 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I apologize if you thought i was being aggressive.

I am just saying that if TLOU jaggies bothered you to the point that you couldn't finish it. I think you should be a PC gamer.

Might I ask, can you play Uncharted 1 and beat it?

Ah, my bad. I think the natural instinct is to read all internet comments in angry voice.

But I'll clarify again. It wasn't specifically the jagged edges that kept me from finishing the game, and I would eventually finish it on Ps3 when I had the time. But now that they're releasing a version without the problems I noticed in the original version, I'd much rather play that one.

And I've got my fancy PC too. I'm one of those weird gamers that has every console.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#79 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@farrell2k said:

If you really cared about graphics, you would not be playing games on a console. Stop pretending that it was such a big deal, when clearly it isn't because you play games on a console. Anyone who is normal without obsessive compulsive-disorder would have been too engrossed in the story to even bother noticing such a non-issue. Jaggies on a console. Jesus Christ....

I don't even know what a jaggie looks like. And I don't care.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: You are not alone, but I did finish the game.

Same here. I did finish it, but I complained about the mad amout of jaggies the entire way through. In fact, I'm trading in the ps3 version and buying the ps4 version just because of the 1080p alone. I think the game was worth it and owning it on next gen console means it will get a few more play thoughs, but not on the ps3 where jaggies will become more and more annoying as the game ages.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#82 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I'm definitely not in on this one. I don't look for jaggies or any of the other stuff some here seem so thrown off by. I've been playing games since a curved line was a jaggie. I got a hunch I enjoy more games than some other people

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 cainetao11

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Telekill said:

You have some problems to work through OP.

God help you if you played anything before 2007.

At the same time, our perceptions change as things improve. Early ps3/360 games looked great at the time, but as things improve, we adapt to expect higher quality.

But it was of higher quality. It looked much better than Resistance fall of man. Or were you expecting some monstrous leap on the same hardware?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@Gue1 said:

I loved the game but it really strained my eyes. I found it to be a bit blurry, then the jaggies, the absolutely atrocious frame-rate gave me headaches but the thing that annoyed me the worst was the ground textures.

When you looked at the ground textures directly from above they looked extremely detailed but when you looked at them from normal perspective they all looked like one ugly flat and muddy texture. Never seen anybody complaining about it though, just like I have never seen anybody complaining about Snake firing a gun at the beginning of MGS4 even though he had no ID for it. I wish I could have skipped the PS3 version and go straight to the PS4's. Playing the game on PS3 was a struggle.

That's just bad texture filtering

Modern GPUs can do AFx16 with minimal performance impact, but the next gen console still seem to have trouble with it (or the devs think the resources are better spent on other stuff) so you still have many PS4 and Xbox One games with crappy texture filtering.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Yeah, its a console game.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 IMAHAPYHIPPO
@cainetao11 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Telekill said:

At the same time, our perceptions change as things improve. Early ps3/360 games looked great at the time, but as things improve, we adapt to expect higher quality.

But it was of higher quality. It looked much better than Resistance fall of man. Or were you expecting some monstrous leap on the same hardware?

This is all a matter of perception. As I stated a couple times, The Last of Us fell victim to a release date on aging hardware right after the end of the E3 where we got a look at new hardware that was long overdue. It looked great for a Ps3 game, but we had just seen the likes of Killzone Shadow Fall (before we knew it kind of sucked) and Infamous: Second Son.

Comparing it to Ps3 launch games, The Last of Us doesn't compare. Comparing it to early Ps4 games, The Last of Us doesn't compare.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

The jaggies and frame-rate drops didn't bother me after a while. It didn't stop it from being one of my favourite games last gen, and the best looking console game I played for that gen. The enhanced PS4 version is a very nice option for people to have though.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:
@scatteh316 said:

I don't have jaggies...

STOP LYING SONY FANBOY

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cainetao11

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@cainetao11 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:
@Telekill said:

This is all a matter of perception. As I stated a couple times, The Last of Us fell victim to a release date on aging hardware right after the end of the E3 where we got a look at new hardware that was long overdue. It looked great for a Ps3 game, but we had just seen the likes of Killzone Shadow Fall (before we knew it kind of sucked) and Infamous: Second Son.

Comparing it to Ps3 launch games, The Last of Us doesn't compare. Comparing it to early Ps4 games, The Last of Us doesn't compare.

TLOU didn't fall victim to anything. YOU fell victim to I don't know what. I have never seen trailers of better graphics and not been able to enjoy playing a game I have. If graphics are that important to you so be it. I still play sega genesis or PS1/2 games. But I guess some people cant go back.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

You can't avoid jaggies in many games. The UC games were full of them. So, I'm not surprised to see the same with TLOU. You can't really get rid of jaggies totally unless you up the res and apply generous amounts of AA. Even 8xMSAA with 1080p isn't going to get rid of all jaggies, eg Far Cry 3.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 cainetao11

No. There are other high maintenance gamers in the world.