Was anybody impress with Star Fox: Zero gameplay showing?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

If EA made this exact same game, called it "Sky Advent: Zero" instead of Star Fox, you wouldn't be excited.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#52 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@drekula2 said:

If EA made this exact same game, called it "Sky Advent: Zero" instead of Star Fox, you wouldn't be excited.

That goes for any game tho.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

I thought this was for the 3DS when I first saw it. I was incredibly disappointed when they said WiiU. Damn.. Nintendo.. You always find a way to talk me out of buying a WiiU.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

It looks like starfox which is personally one of my least favorite ninty franchises (aside from assault which I liked a lot but apparently no one else did). The graphics really aren't the best and the enemies kind of look bad to me aside from the bosses. The gameplay may not be holding up to some due to the crazy stuff that was shown at e3, and the fact that they are following star fox mechanics by the letter and not looking like they are adding any new gen touches to it.

Overall it will be great but so far from what I've seen I think it needs to be faster, more agile, and completely crazy. The original star fox fits well within its timeframe but now it needs to up the ante.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#55 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41532 Posts

@AznbkdX said:

It looks like starfox which is personally one of my least favorite ninty franchises (aside from assault which I liked a lot but apparently no one else did). The graphics really aren't the best and the enemies kind of look bad to me aside from the bosses. The gameplay may not be holding up to some due to the crazy stuff that was shown at e3, and the fact that they are following star fox mechanics by the letter and not looking like they are adding any new gen touches to it.

Overall it will be great but so far from what I've seen I think it needs to be faster, more agile, and completely crazy. The original star fox fits well within its timeframe but now it needs to up the ante.

Um, I liked that game too. It had a better on-foot mode than say, Rebel Strike. Despite that though, even Rebel Strike ended up the better game overall.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#56  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Looks really cheap atm. Hopefully it gets much more polishing by the time it releases.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#57 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I liked what I saw. Also enjoyed the art style.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#58 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Looks like a dreamcast game. Wii U could have been so much more.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

While I don't care for the tank or walking segments (I'd prefer and believe SF blossoms solely in the air), the copter segments looked neat.

The visuals....nothing that couldn't have been accomplished on the Wii. The problem is there's no real attention paid to any art direction. There's no atmosphere, there's a lack of any sense of true identity or depth. It feels static and overly artificial, as if the art assets were grabbed out of a pre-made library from 2005 instead of being conceptualized and created for the game. Again, a feeling of laziness. Have to say, this would grab my attention a lot more if the graphics were much better. I just can't get that enthused for something that looks like a Wii game.