Warner: New Batman Arkham game due in 2013

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Source

Gaf

Treat this as rumour until the full report comes out, but over on the Batman: Arkham City forums a user posted what he claims to be a quote from the Time Warner financial statement.

And we also have a strong games release this year, which will include the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise. So all in all, we expect Warners to post another very strong year in 2013. And with a little luck, the year should be as good or maybe even a little bit better than 2012.

VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.

#3 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -
Milkification Continuation
#4 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.

Not a big fan of the Arkham games in the first place, although they are enjoyable. But this is kind of worrying.

#6 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17577 posts) -
lol the people in this thread a third game = milking
#7 Posted by slipknot0129 (5520 posts) -

Why cant they do something without having arkham involved? Batman gotham city would be better. Helping regular people would be funner I think. 

#8 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Also, OP it's not really a rumor, when TW confirms it's coming this year.

#9 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26220 posts) -

Let the milking begin. Batman every year.TheGuardian03

Last Batman game was 2011 bro.

also

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

and there goes my hype boner.

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74216 posts) -
i hope that it's good
#11 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

If Rocksteady isn't involved that would really kill my anticipation.

#12 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

This is not milking. Yet.

#14 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Let the milking begin. Batman every year.

If it's of highest quality like the last 2 games, bring it on.
#15 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Also, OP it's not really a rumor, when TW confirms it's coming this year.

Thefatness16
Yup, just checked it
#16 Posted by MirkoS77 (8152 posts) -
"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there.
#17 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheGuardian03"]Let the milking begin. Batman every year.LegatoSkyheart

Last Batman game was 2011 bro.

also

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

and there goes my hype boner.

They are so awesome with the combat. I hope whoever takes the game continues that.
#18 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

Why cant they do something without having arkham involved? Batman gotham city would be better. Helping regular people would be funner I think. 

slipknot0129
Yeah I'd like to see that, everyone's gone insane and you can't tell who is good and who's bad, seemingly normal people will suddenly attack you and stuff like that, it would make fights way more interesting. Rocksteady not being involved would be disappointing BUT whoever is in charge would have a great foundation to build on so hopefully it will still end up being a good game.
#19 Posted by Sushiglutton (5478 posts) -

[quote=""]VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.campzor

YEEEESSS :D!!! That is exactly what I wanted! Rocksteady is a waaay to talented studio to get stuck doing the same game over and over. Instead they should move on to reinvent other genres the same as they did with Arkham Asylum.

#20 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26220 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[quote=""]VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.Sushiglutton

YEEEESSS :D!!! That is exactly what I wanted! Rocksteady is a waaay to talented studio to get stuck doing the same game over and over. Instead they should move on to reinvent other genres the same as they did with Arkham Asylum.

except now Batman may return to being a mediocre game.

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

No Rocksteady? Does that mean we have an Arkham sequel and then the Silver age Batman game Rocksteady are doing? I'm confused

#22 Posted by gameofthering (10454 posts) -

"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there. MirkoS77
Same :(

#23 Posted by Sushiglutton (5478 posts) -
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]

[QUOTE="campzor"]

except now Batman may return to being a mediocre game.

Yes, but I have played two amazing Batman games allready. Instead of a third I will get a totally fresh game designed by the geniuses at Rocksteady :D! Developers like that shouldn't milk an old franchise over and over. They should have as much creative freedom as possible so that they can inject the industry with new ideas (just look at all the Arkham copy-cats).
#24 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9346 posts) -

Hopefully Rocksteady has something brilliant up their sleeves after releasing the GOTG two years ago. I'm pretty excited about this, but worried at the same time. How much more will they be able to do with the franchise especially with how near perfect and exceptional Arkham City was.

edit: should have read more of the thread... So Rocksteady isn't working on this... Now I don't know what to think

#25 Posted by Sushiglutton (5478 posts) -

Hopefully Rocksteady has something brilliant up their sleeves after releasing the GOTG two years ago. I'm pretty excited about this, but worried at the same time. How much more will they be able to do with the franchise especially with how near perfect and exceptional Arkham City was.

Pikminmaniac

Read the OP more carefully, rumour is Rocksteady is NOT developing this sequel :). That means they are not restricted to using their sleeves, but can use every single pocket of their development-tuxedos to pull out gameplay aces :D!

Edit: Ah you re-read the OP allready :)

#26 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

Same.

Awesome sig by the way.

#27 Posted by padaporra (3437 posts) -

As much as I loved Arkham City, and I liked it a lot, I want Rocksteady working on the Silver Age Prequel.

#28 Posted by DivineSword (15778 posts) -

I am not really interested if Rocksteady isn't involve in this project, though I will probably take a wait and see approach.

#29 Posted by da_illest101 (7668 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX
and this will be the death of the best serie of this gen
#30 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -

[QUOTE="campzor"]

[quote=""]VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.Sushiglutton

Rocksteady is working on a different Batman game, due later. WB just hired another studio so they can start milking this franchise like Activision milks COD.
#31 Posted by timmy00 (15360 posts) -

I never really cared for the Arkham games so I'll probably ignore this one.

lol the people in this thread a third game = milkingmrmusicman247
It's not like milking is bad anyways :/

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7817 posts) -

I never really cared for the Arkham games so I'll probably ignore this one.

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]lol the people in this thread a third game = milkingtimmy00

It's not like milking is bad anyways :/

Milking is fun, but eventually the milk turns sour.
#33 Posted by 720OwnsPS4 (132 posts) -

Would rather have a Justice League game or a Superman game but I will still get this.

#34 Posted by Chozofication (3746 posts) -

If it's even better than Arkham City, and on next gen hardware, i'll probably get it.

Also, they really need to work on their Bane character.  BAAADLY.  A Bane as cool as this

#35 Posted by jg4xchamp (49889 posts) -
"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there. MirkoS77
#36 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -
[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there. jg4xchamp

#37 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11988 posts) -

No RockSteady? Maybe they're working on a new IP or another super-hero game.

#38 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

*Reads title*

FK YEA, BRING IT ON!

''Rocksteady not developing''

>.>

#39 Posted by archvile_78 (8384 posts) -

[QUOTE="MirkoS77"]"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there. jg4xchamp

#40 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I think Rocksteady is working on the Silver Age Batman title that isn't part of the Arkham series.

#41 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

Seeing how that is the only source we have so far, I wouldn't go on it.

When I read the title I was extremely excited, Arkham City is one of the best games ever. But if RockSteady isn't making the sequel then who is? The quality I'm afraid will be dragged down. 

#42 Posted by finalstar2007 (25853 posts) -

Current gen or next gen? :o

would love a new one to be shown on the PS4 next week

#43 Posted by svenus97 (2292 posts) -

Arkham Country?

#45 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
No Rocksteady = NO BUY I guess it's a fitting end, the movie series ended last year now the games are going back down under, how unfortunate.
#46 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

According to Jim Sterling, the new developer may be Spark Unlimited. In other words, this game is f**ked.

#47 Posted by DarkLink77 (31873 posts) -
More Batman? Hype prepared. :cool:
[quote=""]VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game.campzor

Goddammit, Time Warner.
#48 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

According to Jim Sterling, the new developer may be Spark Unlimited. In other words, this game is f**ked.

megadeth1117

Hahaha, wut.

#49 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Glitchspot glitching on me. Heil was saying the last two games were great, I agree:

Exactly. Awesome games. Bring that feces on. 

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="MirkoS77"]"Rocksteady not developing". Excitement disappeared right there. archvile_78

That is a buzz killer. Please keep the fighting system the same, it stands head and shoulders above any other game I've ever played.