Warhammer: Vermintide Beta Gameplay & PC Release Date.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SG4
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Vermintide is a co-op action FPS & melee combat game set in Warhammer's End Times, which is a nice change of setting compared to the normal Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40K we often get. Since Evolve didn't become the next L4D then hopefully this will, at least the £22.99/$29.99 price is right. It has a progression system in the form of weapons loot. Jasper Kyd is composer of music for Vermintide. The Left 4 Dead-styled game, that has you take on hordes of Skaven (giant rats) in four-player co-op and an emphasis on melee combat, is going to be released on October 23 for PC. There's still no date for the Xbox One or PS4 versions other than "Q1 2016".

Gameplay.

TotalBiscuit thoughts on Warhammer: Vermintide Beta.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

Why do even the most random developers do melee FPS combat better than Bethesda which have infinite $$$?

And this isn't even the first time.

DO you think it's that they make SOOO much money that they stopped caring?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Stoped reading at FPS.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -God-

@Ant_17 said:

Stoped reading at FPS.

It's mostly melee combat.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Just signed up for the beta

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

After Dying Light....I'm not too big a fan of FPS melee.

So....I dunno about this game.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

looks like budgetware. what are totalbiscuits pc specs? he couldnt maintain 60 fps lol. even in beta form, as outdated as this looks it should run at a locked 60 on low-mid range pcs. but then again, this type of awful coding is to be expected from random, no name, talent-less, pc centric developers.

edit - lol he has a very high end pc LOL

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#9 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@-God- said:

Why do even the most random developers do melee FPS combat better than Bethesda which have infinite $$$?

Good point. There are so many First Person Games from smaller studios with amazing First Person Melee combat. But then again Combat in Bathesda Games is also slowly improving and have come a long way since Morrowind. I think they don't focus on Melee much because they consider Exploration as their main focus in the game.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By -God-

@m3dude1 said:

this type of awful coding is to be expected from random, no name, talent-less, pc centric developers.

@m3dude1 said:

looks like budgetware.

Like PS4's TINY handful of high scoring exclusives?

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@rskueem: Don't worry by the time it releases on PS4 it'll be the best game ever made, @m3dude1 just thinks it's PC exclusive. That's why he ripping into the beta 'flaws' that Total Biscuit himself laid out in the first 20 seconds of the video. I'll guarantee he didn't watch it long enough for TB going back to the frame rates, mentioning that he was running it maxed out and complimenting the level of scalability the game has.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By m3dude1

running a game that looks like an uprezzed xbox 360 title maxed out at sub 60 fps on a very high end pc. dat dere skillful pc developer coding. the animation deserves special mention. its so fucking awful its comical. its literally quake 1 levels of animation. looooooool @ pc developers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@-God- said:

Fixed weapon damage combat is far easier to replicate than scaling RPG based physical combat.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@-God- said:

Which reminds I wonder how Kingdom Come Deliverance is doing in development, their sword fighting system looked pretty innovative.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By -God-

@m3dude1 said:

running a game that looks like an uprezzed xbox 360 title maxed out at sub 60 fps on a very high end pc. dat dere skillful pc developer coding. the animation deserves special mention. its so fucking awful its comical. its literally quake 1 levels of animation. looooooool @ pc developers.

^This is your brain on 2nd place. Jealousy does insane things.

Vermintide is a mid-tier exclusive, not AAA or Indy. Something consoles are lacking this gen, causing long droughts and small exclusive lists outside of budget indies.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@-God- said:

That's a good question. In the hundred or so hours I've played of Skyrim I've always used ranged weapons because the melee is so mind numbingly boring.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -God-

@PernicioEnigma said:
@-God- said:

That's a good question. In the hundred or so hours I've played of Skyrim I've always used ranged weapons because the melee is so mind numbingly boring.

Yeah it's just wack wack wack.

Blocking is barely useful, there is no real parry/riposte, no real timing, no rolling/dodging (even though Oblivion had this), etc.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@-God- said:
@PernicioEnigma said:
@-God- said:

Blocking is barely useful, there is no real parry/riposte, no real timing, no rolling/dodging (even though Oblivion had this), etc.

You know that rolling in a sword fight would be a very bad idea, even more so in armour.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By -God-

@GarGx1 said:
@-God- said:
@PernicioEnigma said:
@-God- said:

You know that rolling in a sword fight would be a very bad idea, even more so in armour.

Not in a video game, either way you get the point.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

Anyone else playing the beta? I grabbed it a few days ago and it's awesome.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@rskueem: @-God-: You know what? If this game was released on console exclusively (especially PS4), consolites (especially the cows) will probably wank the game developers like there's no tomorrow.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Renevent42

Yeah beta has been awesome, did you play the 4th level they released early yesterday? Pretty damn awesome kinda like a M.C. Escher wizards tower or something.

If even half of the new levels are as good as Horn of Magnus/Wizards tower we're in for a treat tomorrow.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Thoroughly enjoying the beta. Can't wait to jump into the full release.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Renevent42

^ That's an apt summary. It does blend a bunch of genre conventions with the L4D formula, and it's done very well. Actually very surprised at the quality of the game too. Not that I expected it to be poor, but you can tell they've put their heart and soul into the game. Graphics, atmosphere, sound design, level design, mechanics...it's all done extremely well.

Def the sleeper hit of 2015 for me!

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#31 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@yourdeadgrandpa said:
@Renevent42 said:

Yeah beta has been awesome, did you play the 4th level they released early yesterday? Pretty damn awesome kinda like a M.C. Escher wizards tower or something.

If even half of the new levels are as good as Horn of Magnus/Wizards tower we're in for a treat tomorrow.

The Wizard's Tower map release was awesome. I played it last night and when I logged in, a crapload of achievements unlocked, my level jumped from 3 to 12, and a shitload of loot (including headgear) magically appeared in my inventory! The 3 maps included itself were pretty good, the prologue one rose to the top in my opinion as it was a bit lengthier than the other ones. The Doombell one was my least favourite as it was the shortest, however it had some super cool visuals with the green lightning strikes and rain. This game is exactly what I needed and it came out of nowhere. I've been playing it the last week and it's just been a blast. Combat is satisfying, variations of gear and characters make it a new experience even with its some similarities to L4D. The brutal hit detection mechanics are fantastic. It's almost like playing Chivalry in terms of how enemies react to blows. You can usually tell when you've landed a glancing blow or a straight up deathblow almost every time. I've played a lot of games that have tried to pick up where L4D left off and they've all felt hollow somehow, but this has real potential. Looking forward to the full release and probable expansions later.

I haven't played much of the beta yet and this might be a result of lag but I felt like the hit detection was overly generous with melee weapons. As the dwarf, I felt like I was hitting enemies that were 5-6 feet away with my stubby little axe, which looked ridiculous.

apart from that it seems fun but this is a pretty major issue,.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

Jasper kyd is the composer !!! K it's a must-buy

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

What about teh elite Naughty Duds, did they maintain 60FPS on TLOU:R? Oh and while you are at it, please mention the tech that consoles dev, especially Sony first party brougth to the world of rendering.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#34 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I bought the game, could only play it a bit before work. But I like it a lot.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

So it's like Left 4 Dead with rodents of unusual size; cool. Does it have a competitive mode?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#36 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

So it's like Left 4 Dead with rodents of unusual size; cool. Does it have a competitive mode?

no

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 m3dude1

@zeeshanhaider said:
@m3dude1 said:

What about teh elite Naughty Duds, did they maintain 60FPS on TLOU:R? Oh and while you are at it, please mention the tech that consoles dev, especially Sony first party brougth to the world of rendering.

lol the fact that uprezzed ps3 remasters look better than this game while running at a higher framerate on hardware almost 3x weaker just shows how god awful these pc developers are.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@m3dude1 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@m3dude1 said:

lol the fact that uprezzed ps3 remasters look better than this game while running at a higher framerate on hardware almost 3x weaker just shows how god awful these pc developers are.

So, let me get this straight. You are saying Naughty Duds are so incompetent and lazy that they couldn't get the last gen TLOU to run at 60FPS on weakass 900pStation.

Second, it was a beta, final game will be 60FPS unlike Naughty Duds that have all the funding available to them and still couldn't maintain 60FPS for a last gen game and cows call their games graphics king, LMAO.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 m3dude1

vermintide looks worse than naughty dog ps3 games and still cant hit 60 fps at 1080p on a 500$ video card. looooooooooooooooooool

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'd be more interested if I could get three friends together to play.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -God-

@m3dude1 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@m3dude1 said:

vermintide looks worse than naughty dog ps3 games and still cant hit 60 fps at 1080p on a 500$ video card. looooooooooooooooooool