Walking Dead Season 1 & 2 coming to next gen

• 59 results
#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -
#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

Huge shock. Still, I need to finish S2, so i'll pick it up on PS4.

#3 Edited by lamprey263 (23096 posts) -

for being so late to the party they should have both seasons for $30 instead of $30 each

#4 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6903 posts) -

Why do these games need to be on next gen consoles exactly?

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43417 posts) -

I need to play Season 2.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

They're still two "episodes" short brah :P They should come out before the end of the year.

Also lol @$60 for these two games XD I payed 5€ + 17€ (should have waited two more days and it would have been 11€!!) for both seasons on Steam lol

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lundy86_4 said:

They're still two "episodes" short brah :P They should come out before the end of the year.

Also lol @$60 for these two games XD I payed 5€ + 17€ (should have waited two more days and it would have been 11€!!) for both seasons on Steam lol

Oh yeah, I know it's not finished :P I played Ep 1, but figured i'd wait for the full release... Same with Wolf Among Us.

Sucks that I didn't get in on the Steam sale this year... I guess i'll wait for Winter :(

#8 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4713 posts) -

More ports, yay

#9 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I need to play Season 2.

you should, it's really good so far

#10 Edited by lostrib (34279 posts) -

So do you have to watch the show or have read the comics to understand the games? are are they a completely separate story line?

#11 Posted by silversix_ (14052 posts) -

so from gen to gen what changes? Nothing. Another copy/past job,,,, great.

#12 Edited by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I'm liking this season a lot! I feel they decided to go into darker issues, regarding the human side of things (something I really enjoy in thrillers and horror filmes). It's been good so far, hope they don't mess it up with these 2 final episodes!

Will try Wolf Among Us if it goes on sale in the Winter. Heard it's pretty cool too.

I also can't wait for the GoT game from them! Should be fun! :D

#13 Edited by clyde46 (44827 posts) -

Are they even going to make new games for the this gen or are they just going to port every fucking game from last gen over?

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39106 posts) -

This gen is all about not getting new games.

#15 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -
#16 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lundy86_4: I'm liking this season a lot! I feel they decided to go into darker issues, regarding the human side of things (something I really enjoy in thrillers and horror filmes). It's been good so far, hope they don't mess it up with these 2 final episodes!

Will try Wolf Among Us if it goes on sale in the Winter. Heard it's pretty cool too.

I also can't wait for the GoT game from them! Should be fun! :D

Good to hear. I enjoyed S1 and the first episode of S2.

Wolf Among Us actually had a really good first episode, and i'm excited to finish it. I hope they nail GoT as well. Telltale have come a long way.

#17 Posted by Desmonic (13383 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Yes they have! I remember trying their Back to the Future game (in similar vein to these ones) and just being bored out of my mind.... (perhaps I should give it another go one of these days).

With TWD they just got it right from the first minute IMO and that helps a lot.

#18 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lundy86_4: Yes they have! I remember trying their Back to the Future game (in similar vein to these ones) and just being bored out of my mind.... (perhaps I should give it another go one of these days).

With TWD they just got it right from the first minute IMO and that helps a lot.

Mmmmm, yeah they nailed TWD. Quite a different spin on the more aggressive TV show.

#19 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11110 posts) -

@lostrib: Completely independent, there's one character on the game that's in the comics and tv show that comes out for one or two episodes on Season 1 but it's really nothing important and you won't miss anything.

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -

More ports, yay

At least it's a good game getting ported. Be glad it's not something like Aliens Colonial Marines

#21 Edited by Heil68 (43417 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I need to play Season 2.

When does the last one release? I would like to buy it when all episodes are available.

#22 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Really enjoyed season one. It actually got me into the show lolz

#23 Edited by vitonemesis (3142 posts) -

I hope to god they improve the performance, it lags has hell on PS3/360.

#24 Posted by santoron (7690 posts) -

Haven't played 400 days or s2 at all yet. Will grab for vita on sale somewhere down the line.

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24867 posts) -

Why this series hasn't hit WiiU is beyond me.

#26 Posted by General_Solo76 (165 posts) -

This is really old news. You could pre-order this next gen version from Amazon and Gamestop for at least a couple of months ago.

#27 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

It kinda seems made for it. I feel like the touchscreen could be used damn well.

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Heil68 said:

I need to play Season 2.

When does the last one release? I would like to buy it when all episodes are available.

Game needs to go gold a month before, so the latest date is mid September

#29 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24867 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It kinda seems made for it. I feel like the touchscreen could be used damn well.

Both games HAVE Touch Screen support. They both are on Android and iPod for crying out loud.

#30 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2729 posts) -

They should give a big discount for owners of the previous gen season passes. I love those games and if they were cheaper than that I would double-dip to go through the story again and for the achievements.....but at 30$ no thanks.

#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Both games HAVE Touch Screen support. They both are on Android and iPod for crying out loud.

Clearly, I am out of touch. They should get this on WiiU stat... Especially given Nintendo's E3.

#32 Posted by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -

for being so late to the party they should have both seasons for $30 instead of $30 each

Aren't these only $14.99 or $19.99 for a season pass? That just makes their pricing doubly ridiculous.

This was a perfect candidate to just "include" the 1st game with the release for season 2.

#33 Posted by CleanPlayer (9787 posts) -

I don't even remember the choices I made in season 1 and I haven't even started season 2, so I think I'm gonna pick up both when they hopefully go on sale in black friday

#34 Posted by carljohnson3456 (12363 posts) -

Same here. In fact I've purposely not been downloading the second season on PS3 to get it on PS4.

#35 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

This gen is all about not getting new games.

Or bringing popular games to current gen since there's no hardware BC.

#36 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

Even with this filler/padding of old titles, next gen consoles are still far behind PC.

#37 Posted by uninspiredcup (7799 posts) -

Why do these games need to be on next gen consoles exactly?

Because money give.

#38 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

Any word on when the last two episodes of season two come out?

#39 Posted by aroxx_ab (9258 posts) -

Sounds great, i have not played this at all.

#40 Edited by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Heil68 said:

I need to play Season 2.

I've been waiting for episode 5 to drop as well. I'll never buy these episodic games at the start of the "season" again since I just end up waiting for them all to release before starting them, all the while paying top dollar for the games.

#41 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

You can find them on sale for $10 for each season every once in awhile. Why would anyone pay $30 for each season? Man the milkage just continues. Now if they offered both seasons on one disc for $20 they may be on to something.

#42 Posted by remiks00 (1699 posts) -
#43 Posted by foxhound_fox (87624 posts) -

I think it's about time we start calling it "current gen", especially since the tech isn't living up to expectations.

#44 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70556 posts) -
#45 Posted by farrell2k (5801 posts) -

Wow. You ps4 owners are getting ports of all the games you already own. How great is that?

#46 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6903 posts) -

Wow. You ps4 owners are getting ports of all the games you already own. How great is that?

Just like xboners.

#47 Posted by Telekill (4390 posts) -

I game the first season on my PSV with the second season preordered for PSV.

#48 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3460 posts) -

I'm expecting it'll run smoothly and not stutter.

#49 Posted by Laharl5 (405 posts) -

Episode 4 for Season 2 please. :(

#50 Posted by farrell2k (5801 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Just like xboners.

Yup, what a waste of $400 and $500.