WAITstation 3

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?
ZeLeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ZeLeam
Member since 2006 • 726 Posts
uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
It has too wait because teh developers haven't yet unlocked teh Cell's secret uber powers!!11!
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts
uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. ZeLeam
But not in games :P
PS3___GoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PS3___GoD
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
It has too wait because teh developers haven't yet unlocked teh Cell's secret uber powers!!11!jachichorro
The cell is more powerfull than God. Dont make fun of it or it will smite you.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.
pminooei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pminooei
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
the PSP stole 1/3 of the handheld market from nintendo i don't know why your talking about but PSP was a success
Huff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Huff
Member since 2003 • 2132 Posts
PS3- PLAY LAT3R
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 fixer293
Member since 2003 • 4770 Posts

uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. ZeLeam

Uh, 360 is outselling PS3.

Xeonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xeonz
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
Add 'Just wait for the PSP to get Gran Turismo Mobile'. That game has been hyped before the PSP came out in 2004, and I believe they claimed the graphics came close to GT4 on PS2. What's sad is the game is still listed on GS with a release date of 'Q4 2006'. The game is pretty much dead with no new announcements about it, and some owners were looking forward to this game that's why they bought the PSP (like me) and Sony let them down by putting up a fake.
jachichorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jachichorro
Member since 2004 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="jachichorro"]It has too wait because teh developers haven't yet unlocked teh Cell's secret uber powers!!11!PS3___GoD

I wasn't making fun, the PS3 just needs time to become the ruler of the universe, mwahahahaha!
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fixer293

[QUOTE="jachichorro"]It has too wait because teh developers haven't yet unlocked teh Cell's secret uber powers!!11!PS3___GoD

Ban dodge much?

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dilrod

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. fixer293

Uh.. the PS3 outsold the 360's during their respective launches.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

BOREstation 3. :lol:

terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts

How dare you blaspheme the alter ego of Bill Gates! Say 10 Hail Bills and an Our Microsoft.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
the PSP stole 1/3 of the handheld market from nintendo i don't know why your talking about but PSP was a successpminooei
uhhhhh....no.
solidsnakeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 solidsnakeo
Member since 2003 • 1559 Posts

he didn't say ps3>360 in sales he said ps3 launch>360 sales you know what i mean the way 360 sold 400k and ps3 sold 600k and just because you can find ps3's right now doesn't really mean much when compared to microsoft since they are just getting them to market faster than what ms did last year.
Jud0ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Jud0ka
Member since 2002 • 853 Posts
I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Dilrod
If the wii or the ps3 was out prior to one year for a 360 launch theoreticaly that is, then they too would be on the shelves like the 360. Demand does taper off and the supply will outgrow it. Nintendo purposely under stocks around the holiday season and yet they still moved more product this season than sony. Sony is playing the role of catch up. Just because you were a leader in a previous gen doesn't mean it transfers easily. It would be different if sony was in second place but they are not. So Sony is in the sinking ship right now. They only thing that can save sony is something that they cant wait for and thats games. We all know how that is with a new Sony console wait wait wait.
mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. SpideR_CentS

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fixer293
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. Dilrod

Who's in the lead fanboy?360

nuff said

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fixer293
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. solidsnakeo

he didn't say ps3>360 in sales he said ps3 launch>360 sales you know what i mean the way 360 sold 400k and ps3 sold 600k and just because you can find ps3's right now doesn't really mean much when compared to microsoft since they are just getting them to market faster than what ms did last year.

Launch don't mean squat if your competitor is kicking your ###.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
but what will happen when the wait is over?
tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Dilrod

hate to break it to you, but sony is no longer the market leader...

MS is...;)

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dilrod

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.tango90101

MS is...;)

Hate to break it to you, PS2 still outsells the 360, so NO MS isnt the market leader. Sheesh...
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 fixer293

All I hear is...

"the PS3 launch crushed 360"

Lets analyze this,

It is like a boxing match, each fighter makes his way to the ring, both looking fantastically in shape. PS3 is one boxer, 360 the other. After the bell rings 360 beats the holy hell out of PS3 for 4 rounds.When PS3 is asked by his corner man "what the hell is going on out there?" do you think a good answer from a battered PS3 is "well I looked good coming out to the ring."

No it isn't.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
If you can remember? It took the 360 several months past launch to start getting games too.
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fixer293

If you can remember? It took the 360 several months past launch to start getting games too. casey7672

No

PDZ

call of duty 2

Condemned

Quake 4

you fail.

fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fixer293
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Dilrod

MS is...;)

Hate to break it to you, PS2 still outsells the 360, so NO MS isnt the market leader. Sheesh...

Hate to break it to you, PS2 is yesterday, this is now and 360 is beating PS3, Deal with it.

trylks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trylks
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts
Wait for the European launch, then PS3 will surpass XBox360 sales and all the games will be for PS3, then developers will be able to use the full potential of the cell and PS3 games will be 2x better than 360 games, a pricedrop will happen and PS3 will be cheaper than XBox360 and on top of that blu-ray will be the standard then and every movie will be available only in blu-ray. I almost forget that killzone will kill halo too. As PS3 has linux and it is a super-computer nobody will buy any more computers nor OSes so dell, microsoft and other companies will go bankrupt. Sony will sell TVs, cameras, consoles, tomatoes, cars and everything else, and every person in the world will work for sony, establishing a new government and world order. Just wait and see.
ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArchaoN
Member since 2003 • 831 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the 360 sell 300k US, 300k Europe, and like 50k Japan at launch? 650k > 600k right?
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fixer293

Wait for the European launch, then PS3 will surpass XBox360 sales and all the games will be for PS3, then developers will be able to use the full potential of the cell and PS3 games will be 2x better than 360 games, a pricedrop will happen and PS3 will be cheaper than XBox360 and on top of that blu-ray will be the standard then and every movie will be available only in blu-ray. I almost forget that killzone will kill halo too. As PS3 has linux and it is a super-computer nobody will buy any more computers nor OSes so dell, microsoft and other companies will go bankrupt. Sony will sell TVs, cameras, consoles, tomatoes, cars and everything else, and every person in the world will work for sony, establishing a new government and world order. Just wait and see.trylks

The wait scenario is just as lame as the bias scenario.

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Carmilla31
If you can remember? It took the 360 several months past launch to start getting games too. casey7672
But the 360 still sold out at launch with no games. The Wii is STILL selling out with barely any games. The PS3 is NOT selling out. Its been 4 months of mediocre sales for the PS3. What is going to drastically change in the next 8 months to make the PS3 worth it? Nothing imo. 8 months from now people will be saying 'just wait for another year.'
piano_pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 piano_pimp
Member since 2005 • 759 Posts

All I hear is...

Lets analyze this,

It is like a boxing match, each fighter makes his way to the ring, both looking fantastically in shape. PS3 is one boxer, 360 the other. After the bell rings 360 beats the holy hell out of PS3 for 4 rounds.When PS3 is asked by his corner man "what the hell is going on out there?" do you think a good answer from a battered PS3 is "well I looked good coming out to the ring."

No it isn't.

fixer293
that was a really crappy analogy.....consoles are not boxers
fixer293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fixer293
[QUOTE="fixer293"]

All I hear is...

Lets analyze this,

No it isn't.

piano_pimp

that was a really crappy analogy.....consoles are not boxers

But its still the truth, What happens if 360 wins? What is sony going to say?

"well,we looked good at launch....."

ArchaoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ArchaoN
Member since 2003 • 831 Posts
Why are people saying the 360 had no games at launch? Kameo, PDZ, Call of Duty 2, PGR3 and DOA4 > Resistance if you ask me
FoxHoundADAM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 FoxHoundADAM
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts
Kinda sounds like the N64 and Gamecube.
texasfight54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#37 texasfight54
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
[QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

nuff said

Nuff said 4 me too.

JJGY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 JJGY
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts
[QUOTE="fixer293"][QUOTE="Dilrod"][QUOTE="fixer293"]

[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. texasfight54

nuff said

Nuff said 4 me too.

and suddenly the yearlong head start microsoft had doesn't count :roll: I'm not taking sides on this argument quite yet, but please, think stuff through before you post...
Skippyj9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 Skippyj9
Member since 2004 • 2825 Posts
[QUOTE="ZeLeam"]uh, ps3 launch > 360 launch in sales numbers. SpideR_CentS

Higher sale numbers = more exclusive titles.
jaysin1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jaysin1414
Member since 2005 • 952 Posts

Next time when you do a sales survey at 10 different stores....remember that grocery stores don't count.   For future reference, the PS3s would be in the dairy section though.  Mooooooooooo

JB730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JB730
Member since 2004 • 3375 Posts
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

i don't know what your talking about

the cows already have their killer app AAA editor's choice PS3 exclusive - "The Waiting Game"

cows have been enjoying it ever since the PS3 launch
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

very well said. 

dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

I'm sick of lemmings clogging up the boards and bashing Sony to no end. Seems to be the thing to do as of late. *sigh*
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts

User base is key to a console's 3rd party support just as circulation is key to stable magazines advertiser backing. The PS3 and PSP both have the smallest userbase in their respective battlefronts.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Carmilla31
[QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

I'm sick of lemmings clogging up the boards and bashing Sony to no end. Seems to be the thing to do as of late. *sigh*

Lemming? I own a GC, DS, PS2, and PSP. Yep, im a lemming alright.
dbzfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#46 dbzfreak
Member since 2003 • 6223 Posts
[QUOTE="Carmilla31"][QUOTE="dbzfreak"][QUOTE="Carmilla31"]Im sick of all these 'just wait for the games to come out' stories. Ive been hearing the same thing for the PSP since 2005. Lets take a look see... -Just wait for the PSP to come out and be the 'Gameboy killer.' -Just wait for the PSP to start getting some good games. -Just wait for the PSP to get Grand Theft Auto. -Just wait for the PSP to get Metal Gear Solid. -Just wait for a price drop on the PSP. All of those didnt help the PSP one bit and every one of the those can be compared to the PS3... ex: vs Wii, MGS4, price drop, etc. Why does the PS3 get to 'wait' for games to sell but the other two consoles dont? The 360 outsold at launch with pretty much nothing but DOA4. The Wii is outselling into its 4th month with pretty much nothing but Zelda. So why does the PS3 have to 'wait' to justify its current dilemma?

Lemming? I own a GC, DS, PS2, and PSP. Yep, im a lemming alright.

Who said I was refering to you? ;)
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Can some cow (the PS3 has Lemmings for download how did 360 fanboys get the title) name me 3 exclusive PS3 games that will be out by the end of this year that are worth buying (Motorstorm doesn't count IMHO). All I have for the PS3 is R:FOM and "Stir of Echoes" (which is a horrible HD transfer by the way) both of which have long since served their purpose. I don't see another game to buy that suits my tastes until HEAVENLY SWORD comes out. LAIR looks impressive but I have some serious questions about how it will play and when its coming out. WAITSTATION indeed!
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Its only 3 months jeez people. I see alot fo games I want thats coming in march. When the PS3 hits a year and if its still doing bad then and only then can you brag.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Carmilla31
Its only 3 months jeez people. I see alot fo games I want thats coming in march. When the PS3 hits a year and if its still doing bad then and only then can you brag.finalfantasy94
Its goin on 4 months. So what games in the next 8 months will drastically change the PS3s fate? Whats worth 'waiting' the next 8 months for?
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zero-G_basic
Member since 2002 • 1879 Posts
[QUOTE="tango90101"]

[QUOTE="Dilrod"]I was at 10 different stores today. No ps3's, no Wii's (until I got lucky and Wal Mart put 4 our while I was there and I grabbed one) but 360's everywhere. Its time to admit that with a year head start, and only 10 million "sold" that the Xbox's days as this gens sales leader are coming to a close. The wii has been out only 4 months and has sold almost half what the 360 has done in 15 months. The ps3 is about to hit 2 million and the launch in Europe will add to that. The PS3 can "wait" because the sony consoles have a history of poor launch games, but end up with stellar lineups. Why must everything be "NOW" with people? If you got everything you wanted, when you wanted it, then you would have nothing to look forward too. The PS3 can also "wait" because Sony has established themselves as the leader of the video game industry. Other companies cant afford to wait as they need every opportunity to catch Sony. Granted MS and Nintendo are indeed doing that.Dilrod

MS is...;)

You know the PS2 isn't next -Gen right? We are talking THIS gen not Last gen try to keep up.