VOTE: What was the best Third-Person Shooter last gen?

  • 82 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: VOTE: What was the best Third-Person Shooter last gen? (59 votes)

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition 0%
Lost Planet 2 0%
Lost Planet 3 0%
Crackdown 0%
Crackdown 2 0%
Earth Defense Force 2017 0%
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon 0%
Monster Madness 0%
Gears of War 22%
Gears of war 2 5%
Gears of war 3 10%
Gears of war: Judgement 0%
John Woo's STRANGELHOLD 0%
50 Cent Bulletproof: Blood on the Sand 0%
THE CLUB 0%
DARK VOID 0%
DARK SEcTOR 0%
MERCENARIES 2 2%
FRACTURE 0%
ARMY OF TWO 0%
ARMY OF TWO: 40th day 0%
ARMY OF TWO: DEVILS CARTEL 0%
KANE AND LYNCH 0%
KANE AND LYNCH 2 0%
EAT LEAD: RETURN OF MATT HAZARD 0%
Resident Evil 5 5%
Resident Evil 6 2%
WANTED: Weapons of fate 0%
DAMNATION 0%
Red Faction: Guerilla 2%
Red Faction: Armageddon 0%
Ghost Busters! 0%
G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra 0%
WET 0%
MINDJACK 0%
DEAD TO RIGHTS: Retribution 0%
Quantum Theory 0%
Front Mission Evolved 0%
MOPRHX 0%
Vanquish 24%
Shadows of the damned 3%
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 0%
THE GUNSTRINGER 0%
Neverdead 0%
Binary Domain 2%
Resident Evil: Operation Racoon city. 0%
Sniper Elite V2. 0%
Max Payne 3 15%
MLB Alien crisis 0%
INVERSION 0%
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron 0%
Defiance 0%
Star Trek 0%
Fuse 0%
Spec Ops: The Line 0%
Payday 2 2%
Monster Madness: Grave Danger 0%
SOCOM CONFRONTATION 2%
SOCOM 4 2%
TERMINATOR: Salvation 0%
Transformers: War for Cybertron 0%
BLOOD STONE 007 0%
Starhawk 2%
Sniper Elite 0%
Re-mission 0%
Rouge Trooper 0%
Soldier Elite 0%
Infernal 0%
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood 0%
SHADOW HARVEST: PHANTOM OPS 0%
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror 0%
Syphon Filter Logans Shadow 0%
Deep Black Reloaded 0%
Salvation Prophecy 0%
Counter Force 0%
Transformers: Cybertron Adventures 0%
Brothers in Arms DS 0%
Tranformers: Autobots 0%
Transformers: Decepticons 0%
Insecticide 0%
Quantom of Solace DS 0%
Transformers Dark of Moon 0%
Infected 0%
Bounty Hounds 0%
Chili Con Carnage 2%
Resistance: Retribution 0%

Round 1. Retail only, last gen systems only: Xbox 360, PSP, DS, PC, PS3, Wii. 86*

#1 Posted by lostrib (39221 posts) -

Wait, when did payday 2 become a TPS?

#2 Edited by DaBrainz (7687 posts) -

luls all those games and you left out deadspace.

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

This infinite poll option needs to be taken out... Shockingly, it was Jakandsigz who spams it.

#4 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

This infinite poll option needs to be taken out... Shockingly, it was Jakandsigz who spams it.

This one time. Go suck on my nuts.

#5 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

luls all those games and you left out deadspace.

Dead Space is not a TPS. It's considered a horror game by EA. And other databases. Sometimes Action Adventure horror

#6 Posted by lundy86_4 (43754 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

This infinite poll option needs to be taken out... Shockingly, it was Jakandsigz who spams it.

This one time. Go suck on my nuts.

Hyperbole, yo. Stop using polls... Take a break.

#7 Edited by DaBrainz (7687 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@DaBrainz said:

luls all those games and you left out deadspace.

Dead Space is not a TPS. It's considered a horror game by EA. And other databases. Sometimes Action Adventure horror

??? I'm speechless over the lack of gaming amplitude..

#8 Posted by Zidaneski (8480 posts) -

I pick Warhawk. Still play that game to this day. Starhawk started out fine but got stupid down the line.

#9 Posted by LatinLegacy (22 posts) -

I picked Gears of War 3. I actually liked a few games listed more than GoW 3 but I've dumped so many hours into it & had the most fun with friends in horde mode. It was my go to game. I've spent a ton of hours with the multi-player & went through the campaign numerous times in co-op helping friends. While some games did third person better, GoW 3 was the complete package.

-LatinLegacy

#10 Posted by Vatusus (4811 posts) -

Where is Uncharted?

anyway,

As an overall game: Uncharted 3

As a pure TPS game: Vanquish

#11 Posted by Blabadon (27217 posts) -

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

#12 Posted by aroxx_ab (10495 posts) -

No Uncharted? and Crackdown is not a TPS etc:/

#13 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

You mean that game that's not a TPS and not considered one in almost all databases?

#14 Edited by Blabadon (27217 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@Blabadon said:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

You mean that game that's not a TPS and not considered one in almost all databases?

Yeah, considering the death count at the end of that game was in the hundreds thanks to my shooting in third-person, I do mean that game.

#15 Edited by vashkey (33754 posts) -

@Jakandsigz:

Uncharted is more shooter than Resident Evil 5

Anyway, my vote goes to Gears of War

#16 Posted by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

#17 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3659 posts) -

Resident. Evil 6.

#18 Posted by Ballroompirate (23290 posts) -

The only correct answer is Max Payne 3

#19 Posted by mems_1224 (47455 posts) -

You still suck ass at making polls huh?

#20 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@vashkey said:

@Jakandsigz:

Uncharted is more shooter than Resident Evil 5

Anyway, my vote goes to Gears of War

Which is said to be a shooting game by Capcom and databases. And Resident Evil 6 which Capcom called a 3-way shooter before launch.

#21 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

#22 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Max Payne 3 followed closely by Uncharted 2 and Gear of War 3.

Also, you suck ass at making polls.

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (47455 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

Maybe you should actually learn how to make polls and how to organize things.

#24 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Vanquish and Max Payne 3 by far, i liked uncharted alot but hated most of the shooting in it.

#25 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Vanquish, big time.

#26 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

Maybe you should actually learn how to make polls and how to organize things.

It is organized actually. By date.

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (47455 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

Maybe you should actually learn how to make polls and how to organize things.

It is organized actually. By date.

Well thats stupid

#28 Edited by ristactionjakso (5801 posts) -

@Jakandsigz: Alright, ill search again thanks.

EDIT: Cool. Binary Domain is on par with gears of war and resident evil.

#29 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

Maybe you should actually learn how to make polls and how to organize things.

It is organized actually. By date.

Well thats stupid

Learn to tell time and you won't be stupid anymore. Most things in life are not in alphabetical order.

#30 Posted by EZs (1380 posts) -

I liked G.R.A.W 2

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (47455 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@ristactionjakso said:

I came here to say Binary Domain, but not on the list so no vote.

It is on the list...

Maybe you should actually learn how to make polls and how to organize things.

It is organized actually. By date.

Well thats stupid

Learn to tell time and you won't be stupid anymore. Most things in life are not in alphabetical order.

I can tell time just fine. Its just an incredibly stupid way to organize an unnecessarily long list.

#32 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I'd say Vanquish. More games should reward you for being aggressive like it.

And can everyone stop bitching about the poll? Polls were useless before, who cares if TC made this one useless?

#33 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3132 posts) -

I would have voted Uncharted 2 but It's technically an action/adventure - TPS hybrid lol. So i guess I will go with one of the Gears of War. I hated that series, but I recognize that its a great one.

#34 Edited by Zaire_nxtgen720 (75 posts) -

Gears judgment

#35 Posted by billing (633 posts) -

Gears of War,

splitting them into 3 is kinda not fair.

#36 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Max Payne 3 and Vanquish

#37 Edited by sukraj (23243 posts) -

Max Payne 3

#38 Posted by MirkoS77 (7800 posts) -

TLoU has the best TPS mechanics ever implemented in any game.

#40 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4949 posts) -

1.Uncharted 2

2.Gears of War

3. Max Payne 3

#41 Edited by PonchoTaco (2240 posts) -

Gears 1-3.

#42 Edited by remiks00 (1984 posts) -

Wow,....so much fail in the first post of this thread. I voted Gears 3, I put the most hours in that game online.

Where in the hell is Uncharted? The Last of Us? They aren't third person shooters you say? Man, you're so" simple"....; stop making polls.

#43 Posted by Vatusus (4811 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

theres only 2 good TPS. First Mafia and Max Payne 1/2.

Says "only 2", proceds at mentioning 3... this guys stupidity has no bounds...

facepalm

#44 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16804 posts) -

This thread is so lame. Why even have a poll? If you list so many games, you're obviously going to miss some key ones.

#45 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7667 posts) -

The original Gears of War stands out in my eyes.

#46 Edited by KeepClearx (59 posts) -

Would have to say Max Payne 3 really enjoyed it and the story, graphics looked amazing also.

#47 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9107 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@Blabadon said:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

You mean that game that's not a TPS and not considered one in almost all databases?

The Uncharted series is quite clearly a TPS. The vast majority of the gameplay in that series is devoted solely to that mechanic. What other genre could it possibly be.

#48 Posted by jg4xchamp (48751 posts) -
  1. Uncharted 2
  2. Vanquish
  3. Binary Domain
  4. Gears of War
  5. Shadows of the Damned

#49 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

#50 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Wow,....so much fail in the first post of this thread. I voted Gears 3, I put the most hours in that game online.

Where in the hell is Uncharted? The Last of Us? They aren't third person shooters you say? Man, you're so" simple"....; stop making polls.

You know, those games that aren't TPS. But since you need medication I can see why your brain can't comprehend.