VITA Slim coming to the US! Borderlands 2 + 8GB for 199$!!

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by charizard1605 (55544 posts) -

So it's got a price drop, bundled with a respectable memory card, and actually has games for those who care to look.

By all respects, this fixes the major flaws with Vita. It's just a question of if the market isn't completely on mobile games now.

It hasn't, 3DS is living proof that is hasn't.

It's more a question of whether the market can sustain two handhelds.

On one hand it sucks that it's loosing the clear oled. On the other I hear LED screens have a longer life so it might be better for the long run

So are you getting one?

@treedoor said:

@MonsieurX said:

But will it have games?

That's my question.

And it's a stupid question, because quite frankly, the Vita has more games than I know what to do with.

#52 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6625 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@notblabadon said:

@MonsieurX said:

But will it have games?

You have no idea how badly I wanted to respond to your posts in XboxDone's shitty thread.

Go ahead?

No, it's okay. I know you too well Monsieur, we're both too knowledgeable to argue this shit seriously

Let's hope you don't get banned this time Blabadon.

#53 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3001 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@mbrockway said:

Seriously, what is with Sony not sending the colored portables to the US?

They can't bring them here even if they want to- the Vita sells so little, retailers don't want to stock multiple SKUs (which is what different colors would be), I imagine it's a struggle just getting them to stock the one unit that they do.

If they can only have one or two colors, it's better to have them be neutral colors like black or white than something more potentially divisive like lime green.

Yeah my friend works at best buy and he said the vita 1000 was discontinued at the end of August and they still have a lot in stock. Retailers should just have a fire sale with the 1000.

#54 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

Might have to get this bundle.

#55 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11014 posts) -

So it works with your PS3 saves Any word on if it will be cross play?

#56 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@MonsieurX said:

But will it have games?

That's my question.

And it's a stupid question, because quite frankly, the Vita has more games than I know what to do with.

Low standards

#57 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Bundles on Sony's website, just to say it isn't fake or anything.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-borderlands-2-bundle.html?CMP=soc_us__hw_SlimVita_BL2Bundle_Announce_FB_2_10_14

Now I can officially say it's a great value.

#58 Posted by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

Guess i know now what i'll buy my younger brother.. surely getting this bundle

#59 Edited by silversix_ (13912 posts) -

the slim looks like a cheap pos.

#60 Posted by Zaibach (13430 posts) -

Please, for goodness's sake, I hope this wonderful system starts selling now. The Vita deserves so much better than it got, plus hey, as a handheld gamer, I would rather have two thriving handhelds than just one :P

take your hippie dippie nonsense elsewhere, this is System Wars

FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

#61 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

Please, for goodness's sake, I hope this wonderful system starts selling now. The Vita deserves so much better than it got, plus hey, as a handheld gamer, I would rather have two thriving handhelds than just one :P

It's like some people on here want Wii U and PS Vita to sell bad, or they thrive on their failure or something. But really, all the systems out now have a place on the market. And they all deserve to have at least some success.

More people buying a Vita would mean more publishers take interest, meaning more games, meaning more people will buy a Vita. It's a wonderful device and I too hope it sells well.

#62 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@charizard1605 said:

It's like some people on here want Wii U and PS Vita to sell bad, or they thrive on their failure or something. But really, all the systems out now have a place on the market. And they all deserve to have at least some success.

More people buying a Vita would mean more publishers take interest, meaning more games, meaning more people will buy a Vita. It's a wonderful device and I too hope it sells well.

Yeah, like all consoles, the big issue is how to get the wheel spinning. Once it's in motion at the right pace, things naturally fall into place (more consumers, more games, more money, repeat and rinse).

#63 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Thats actually a real good deal. Im not gonna get the slim, since I love my oled screen too much, but good deal reguardless.

#64 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Updated the OP with the official PS info and pretty pictures.

#65 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

people have always exaggerated the Vita situation. if you haven't noticed by now, Sony has always been a long term strategy company. the Vita is turning two in 11 days and already has much to offer. sure the 3DS has more quality first party titles, it's been out a year longer.

#66 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Yeah, like all consoles, the big issue is how to get the wheel spinning. Once it's in motion at the right pace, things naturally fall into place (more consumers, more games, more money, repeat and rinse).

So far most of the systems that launched this gen have had a struggle at the start: 3DS, WiiU, Vita.

The only one that's been an amazing success since launch was the PS4.

#67 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@mrintro said:

people have always exaggerated the Vita situation. if you haven't noticed by now, Sony has always been a long term strategy company. the Vita is turning two in 11 days and already has much to offer. sure the 3DS has more quality first party titles, it's been out a year longer.

Gotta say, I was a bit surprised when I got the vita a short while ago, by the amount of games and support it actually has.

I already bought way more games than I was planning too :P

#68 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6874 posts) -

It seems like Sony probably could have found a better game to bundle with the Vita, but at least now people will stop saying that Killzone is the best shooter on handhelds.

#69 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrintro said:

Gotta say, I was a bit surprised when I got the vita a short while ago, by the amount of games and support it actually has.

I already bought way more games than I was planning too :P

Awesome. I've been on a indie/psp binge lately. I just discovered recently that PSP games hold up pretty well on the Vita. I got Lunar Silver Star Harmony and Tactics Ogre this week. Indie games i'm playing Guacamelee, Velocity, and Urban Trial Freestyle.

#70 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Awesome. I've been on a indie/psp binge lately. I just discovered recently that PSP games hold up pretty well on the Vita. I got Lunar Silver Star Harmony and Tactics Ogre this week. Indie games i'm playing Guacamelee, Velocity, and Urban Trial Freestyle.

Yeah there are lots of great indie games. I already have a lot of PSP games but it's easy you can also have them on Vita so you don't need to carry 2 systems around. The Vitas controls are better than the PSP as well.

I'll also be getting Velocity Ultra, I love Curve studios games and I'm currently playing Stealth Inc. They also do lots of sales on indie games so thats great :)

#71 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Dayum awesome bundle. I can't wait to see more about the Vita Borderlands 2.

#72 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrintro said:

Yeah there are lots of great indie games. I already have a lot of PSP games but it's easy you can also have them on Vita so you don't need to carry 2 systems around. The Vitas controls are better than the PSP as well.

I'll also be getting Velocity Ultra, I love Curve studios games and I'm currently playing Stealth Inc. They also do lots of sales on indie games so thats great :)

I wanna try that now lol. I also saw this yesterday

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/07/new-velocity-2x-trailer-and-update-so-far-so-good/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/07/how-acclaimed-strategy-game-frozen-synapse-tactics-is-evolving-on-ps-vita/

#73 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16252 posts) -

@mrintro said:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/07/new-velocity-2x-trailer-and-update-so-far-so-good/

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/07/how-acclaimed-strategy-game-frozen-synapse-tactics-is-evolving-on-ps-vita/

More indie love :D

But I was looking at Velocity 2X and I'm not really sure what it is, is it an upgraded version of Ultra or an entirely new sequel ?

#74 Posted by charizard1605 (55544 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Low standards

Ah yes, the quintessential System Wars way of dismissing an entire platform's lineup: 'low standards.' I call bullshit on this bullshit claim.

the slim looks like a cheap pos.

It looks much better in person.

@Zaibach said:

take your hippie dippie nonsense elsewhere, this is System Wars

FIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Damn, I keep forgettng.

Er hem: Vita is dooooooooooooooomed

@mrintro said:

Whereas my ultimate hope is exactly what you said, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here :P

@R4gn4r0k said:

They do, even if said place is ultimately catering to a niche.

I would love for this to be the start of a minor Vita resurgence.

#75 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrintro said:

More indie love :D

But I was looking at Velocity 2X and I'm not really sure what it is, is it an upgraded version of Ultra or an entirely new sequel ?

sequel