Vita slim/Borderlands 2 bundle out today in NA! #VivalaVita

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

lolVita

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#52  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

For some reason I don't expect this to sell much. Sure some people will buy it just to get the new Vita, but honestly most places in my area have shoved the Vita stuff back in a corner somewhere. I was looking at used Vita games during the buy 2 get one free sale at Gamestop over the weekend, and the clerk told me I was the first person to ask for Vita stuff in weeks.

Maybe if they had actually lowered the price on the newer cheaper to make Vita, or at least drop the fricken memory card prices they would sell some more.

Also BL2 on a Vita does not sound even remotely interesting.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44936 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

For some reason I don't expect this to sell much. Sure some people will buy it just to get the new Vita, but honestly most places in my area have shoved the Vita stuff back in a corner somewhere. I was looking at used Vita games during the buy 2 get one free sale at Gamestop over the weekend, and the clerk told me I was the first person to ask for Vita stuff in weeks.

Maybe if they had actually lowered the price on the newer cheaper to make Vita, or at least drop the fricken memory card prices they would sell some more.

Also BL2 on a Vita does not sound even remotely interesting.

True about co-op, but on the other hand, I would imagine it being tough to find 3 other players since there aren't a lot of Vita owners to begin with.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#54 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

No way in hell will this succeed. Not sure what Gearbox is thinking.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#55 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Derp

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#56 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@Blabadon said:

I've seen you do better, Blab. Especially when you called me out over my view of SMG2. :P

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

No way in hell will this succeed. Not sure what Gearbox is thinking.

I imagine that you and they have different definitions of success. Porting an existing game is relatively cheap. As a popular IP, they can assume a modest level of retail business and they have a commitment from Sony to buy a set number of copies for the new bundle. If it gave some of their guys work to do, experience on the platform, and they make a buck on it, it sounds like a win to me!

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6056 Posts

Decided not to get one today. I have finals next week so I wouldn't be able to play with it much. Also Kirby and jojo's should be arriving in my mail today so I'll will have my attention on those.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Ghost120x said:

Decided not to get one today. I have finals next week so I wouldn't be able to play with it much. Also Kirby and jojo's should be arriving in my mail today so I'll will have my attention on those.

I don't think you're studying for finals correctly

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6056 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Ghost120x said:

I don't think you're studying for finals correctly

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#61 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

apparantly is selling.. noooooo

Loading Video...

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

If it had been available on Amazon today I might have bitten but ... sold out.

Not like I need another platform, I'm drowning in backlog.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidGame_basic

@KBFloYd said:

Loading Video...

lol did you make that video?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

Ah, the Vita. Also known as "What's a Vita?"

Maybe this will keep it above 4 digits in this month's NPD.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Floppy_Jim said:

Let's just say it will sell better than alligator poo.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#67  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

@Blabadon said:

I've seen you do better, Blab. Especially when you called me out over my view of SMG2. :P

It's a cheap port, Randy Pitchford's been wanting this, and putting games on the Vita is a proven way to get easy money. Those who own the system buy games in droves.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Where the hell is my metal gear solid game for vita? Acid 3? Peacewalker 2? SOMETHING COME ON!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dire_Weasel

@Floppy_Jim said:

It's good to have goals but I'm not holding my breath.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Let's just say it will sell better than alligator poo.

Haha, good. No one buys that stuff!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12054 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

Picked up a Surface Pro and been downloading Humble Bundle specials. My mobile gaming is now way superior to anything Sony can offer.

You bought a surface Pro? Hilarious. You seem to have a history for jumping in onto failed Microsoft products.

Tell me truthfully, did you own a Zune? Or buy the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360?

The funny thing is he's talking about mobile games and suggesting that Sony doesn't have indies.. Just about any system now gets indies.

Yes Indies are great and always have been. What is even better I can play Half Life 2 in full 1080p glory on the thing, and it can run Crysis 2 and looks better than the PS3 or 36o versions.

Man, you bring up a great product and people lose their minds.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@KBFloYd said:

lol did you make that video?

that guy is a vita lover....i just happen to see it...and saw this thread...and said what the hay ...

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Another gimped port for the VIta... Its a nice change out pace to see Sony heading in the right direction with this mess lol

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Dire_Weasel

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

Picked up a Surface Pro and been downloading Humble Bundle specials. My mobile gaming is now way superior to anything Sony can offer.

You bought a surface Pro? Hilarious. You seem to have a history for jumping in onto failed Microsoft products.

Tell me truthfully, did you own a Zune? Or buy the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360?

The funny thing is he's talking about mobile games and suggesting that Sony doesn't have indies.. Just about any system now gets indies.

Yes Indies are great and always have been. What is even better I can play Half Life 2 in full 1080p glory on the thing, and it can run Crysis 2 and looks better than the PS3 or 36o versions.

You're playing Half-Life 2 and Crysis 2 on your ... Microsoft Surface.

With ... what? Do you set up a table and plug in a mouse? Is that what you consider "portable gaming"?

When you bring up the Microsoft Surface you sure as hell aren't bringing a up a "great product". That junk is headed for the same landfill the Zune lives in now.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By kuu2

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

With ... what? Do you set up a table and plug in a mouse? Is that what you consider "portable gaming"?

When you bring up the Microsoft Surface you sure as hell aren't bringing a up a "great product". That junk is headed for the same landfill the Zune lives in now.

Planes and trains my man. All have flip down trays. Like I said to someone else mobile gaming comes in all shapes. I can play touch games or with a controller, or with the mouse and keyboard. It is a very versatile machine that can serve me in business, leisure, and entertainment purposes. Sorry you can't relate.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Planes and trains my man. All have flip down trays. Like I said to someone else mobile gaming comes in all shapes. I can play touch games or with a controller, or with the mouse and keyboard. It is a very versatile machine that can serve me in business, leisure, and entertainment purposes. Sorry you can't relate.

Surface Pro's battery is atrocious, so good luck with that mobile gaming. Also, Half Life 2 in 1080p glory? You do realize it's a 10 year old game lol. Not a very impressive feat for today's standards.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

The Zune had the best software ask any person who had one. It was better than itunes back than by far. Sometimes the best product does not win out.... ie. Betamax.

Second there were other companies supporting HD-DVD not only MS. The Surface Pro is one of the best tablet/laptop hybrids out now.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Surface Pro's battery is atrocious, so good luck with that mobile gaming. Also, Half Life 2 in 1080p glory? You do realize it's a 10 year old game lol. Not a very impressive feat for today's standards.

The Surface Pro 2's battery is a lot better.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By kuu2

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

The battery on the Vita I heard is also terrible. Outlets on planes are my friend for sure. My Surface can actually play the original Borderlands 2 on medium settings as well, not some watered down version.

The Vita is cool but I just don't see it as a great $200 gaming device, and judging by its sales nor does anyone else.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Dire_Weasel

@kuu2 said:

With a controller? You mean a controller that's larger than a 3DS, Vita, or smartphone? Things that most people consider to be a portable gaming device?

Yeah, I can't relate. I have a retina MBP that I use for work, at the office and out. I don't consider it "portable gaming" even though I have steam installed on it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

The battery on the Vita I heard is also terrible. Outlets on planes are my friend for sure. My Surface can actually play the original Borderlands 2 on medium settings as well, not some watered down version.

The Vita is cool but I just don't see it as a great $200 gaming device, and judging by its sales nor does anyone else.

lmao judging sales the surface pro didn't do too good either.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By kuu2

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

lmao judging sales the surface pro didn't do too good either.

You are correct, but the SP2 is doing fine, compared to the Vita which is no PSP sales wise.

Its interesting to pack Borderlands 2 in as must have game for the Vita. I would not think that would be a system seller for them.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 SolidGame_basic

@kuu2: Maybe, but it does come free with the system along with the 8gb memory card. Good value if you ask me. I'm actually curious myself to see how it plays. I played it on PS3 and also have it on PC. It's a very popular franchise, so I'm sure there are people who would like to be able to play on the go (has cross-save). I also think Sony wanted to showcase the console capabilities so hopefully it came out good.