Vita slim/Borderlands 2 bundle out today in NA! #VivalaVita

• 82 results
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

Who's getting one? I'll be waiting for reviews and to check it out in person at retail. For those not in the loop, the bundle includes:

[Taken from Amazon]

• All-in-one Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle includes the new PS Vita Wi-Fi system, Borderlands 2 Full Game Digital Voucher, and 8GB Memory Card
  • Six (6) Borderlands 2 DLC packs including, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, the Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector's Edition Pack
  • Play with your friends with up to four (4) two person cooperative multiplayer
  • The New PlayStation Vita: Approximately 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter than original, internal memory of 1GB, increased battery life of four to six hours of game play, rounded edges for comfort while playing, high-resolution liquid crystal display (LCD) for vivid and crisp visuals

By the way - Borderlands 2 separate retail version will be available May 13.

*Bonus Question - is this the beginning of a Vita comeback?

#2 Edited by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

There is no Vita comeback.

Still kinda sad to see that Target which used to have a demo model shoves the Vita's stuff in end of the PS4's aisle. It's so irrelevant in NA it's not even funny.

#3 Edited by KBFloYd (13432 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Still kinda sad to see that Target which used to have a demo model shoves the Vita's stuff in end of the PS4's aisle. It's so irrelevant in NA it's not even funny.

all the games are japanese niche games....

borderlands 2 is the first western game since tearaway...and its a port of a ps3 game.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Blabadon said:

borderlands 2 is the first western game since tearaway...and its a port of a ps3 game.

Please don't try and support me, it's horrible for my legitimacy.

#5 Edited by lostrib (35868 posts) -

If only it wasnt Borderlands 2

#6 Posted by KBFloYd (13432 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Blabadon said:

Please don't try and support me, it's horrible for my legitimacy.

my statement could be agreed with or argued with...one or the other...

also lol.. your legitmacy? in system warz?

#7 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@KBFloYd: OlliOlli & TxK, both Vita exclusives that are AAE on metacritic came out 2014. #Vitaignorance

#8 Edited by KBFloYd (13432 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@KBFloYd: OlliOlli & TxK, both Vita exclusives that are AAE on metacritic came out 2014. #Vitaignorance

txk? a remake of centepede and olli olli a skateboard indie game?

really?

#vitakillerlineup

#9 Edited by lundy86_4 (43209 posts) -

I already have a Vita, but I may pick up BL2.

#10 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@KBFloYd: indies, especially on Vita, rock.

#11 Edited by ArisShadows (22622 posts) -

Pass.

#12 Edited by KBFloYd (13432 posts) -
#13 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11228 posts) -

I'll stick to the PS3 version with 4 player co-op. At most I'll rent it through Gamefly.

#14 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7424 posts) -

LOL hyping a multiplat for a dying handheld.

#15 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai: Vita version has cross save with PS3 version for gaming on the go!

#16 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -
#17 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

I have enough Vita games thanks to ps+ that this is a real possibility. Portable spelunky could possibly be the best thing ever. I'd like to read about the hardware, though before I commit.

#18 Posted by bobbetybob (19250 posts) -

Vita comeback? What, from a port of a 2 year old game that's only fun when playing co-op. No

#19 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3025 posts) -

Might pick it up tomorrow in between my classes.

#20 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

It's not gonna swing people over who weren't going to ever buy in the first place, but handheld gamers without a Vita yet should give this bundle a good look. It's a great deal.

#21 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

I have enough Vita games thanks to ps+ that this is a real possibility. Portable spelunky could possibly be the best thing ever. I'd like to read about the hardware, though before I commit.

NONONO

It's not possibly the best thing ever. Portable Spelunky is the best thing ever.

#22 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16271 posts) -

I wish the game wasn't Borderlands 2. Why bundle a game that most people already have?

#23 Edited by kuu2 (7123 posts) -

Picked up a Surface Pro and been downloading Humble Bundle specials. My mobile gaming is now way superior to anything Sony can offer.

#24 Edited by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Picked up a Surface Pro and been downloading Humble Bundle specials. My mobile gaming is now way superior to anything Sony can offer.

Ayyy, which ones have you hit up?

Also I won't debate Surface Pro vs Vita/PSP because wow that's a can of worms I'd rather not open, but safe to say, you underestimate the goods Sony brings to handheld gaming.

#25 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

Are people still getting this even though it only supports two player coop?

#26 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Are people still getting this even though it only supports two player coop?

I am, never played the first co-op, loved it, haven't played the second at all yet, not planning on playing it co-op either.

#27 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1498 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

whats more irrelevant the wii u or the vita?

#28 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

whats more irrelevant the wii u or the vita?

One has the fortune of having the word "Wii" in its name, the other doesn't.

#29 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Not really comparable to a handheld, but I can imagine a number of games that would work well for.

#30 Edited by kuu2 (7123 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Ayyy, which ones have you hit up?

Also I won't debate Surface Pro vs Vita/PSP because wow that's a can of worms I'd rather not open, but safe to say, you underestimate the goods Sony brings to handheld gaming.

The last two weeks. Got some great games including Awesomenauts, Limbo, Telsagrad, Orcs Must Die 2 (plus the other games that came with those bundles), and I picked up Trine and Trine 2 for $2.49. Lastly I got Left 4 Dead for free a while ago on Steam. I have not purchased a controller yet but that is next.

I thought about getting a Vita but the Pro had a great deal on EBay, direct from MSoft and I can use it to sharpen my C# skills as well.

@santoron said:

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Not really comparable to a handheld, but I can imagine a number of games that would work well for.

I will agree that it is not really in the same league as the Vita or 3DS, it is way more capable all around and can be used as a portable in the right situations.

I am definitely a special case because I am on a plane or in a hotel for half the year and with a multiport cord/HDMI I can play on the TV in my room or just play on the plane with a controller.

#31 Posted by remiks00 (1802 posts) -

What a waste of resources.... Borderlands 2 on vita is so nerfed, that it's ridiculous..

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7150 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Blabadon said:

I love Japanese niche games.

#33 Posted by Ghost120x (3800 posts) -

I might get one tomorrow although I already have a superior oled vita. I just like the non propriety usb port and from what I seen the natural look of the screen looks better for some games.

#34 Posted by DJSAV_101 (3690 posts) -

Probably picking this up tomorrow.

My only problem with it is that it comes bundled with Borderlands 2 and I have no plans of ever redeeming the code.

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16456 posts) -

The Vita version looks awful. I'll be getting the GOW collection this month.

@Blabadon said:

Yes, Vita seems to be pushed out in stores. There is no way back from that, Sony really needs to step up and make the Vita more relevant.

#36 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8721 posts) -

They lost me at two player co op and the shitty Vita sticks.

#37 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

comparing a gimped laptop to the Vita? right...

#38 Edited by kuu2 (7123 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Mobile gaming comes in all forms. Sorry you can't understand that.

What does a non gimped laptop (Surface Pro is a tablet by the way) do that my Surface can't?

#39 Posted by Blabadon (26151 posts) -
#40 Posted by MBirdy88 (8052 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

What does a non gimped laptop (Surface Pro is a tablet by the way) do that my Surface can't?

tell me... how you cope without a mouse.... "on the go" ...so to speak.... I;m dying to here your buyer's justification.

Having to sell the damn things... I know first hand how limited they are.... infact I often reccomended to people to buy a touch-ultra book instead.... and windows 8 store/apps are still a pile of w@nk in comparison to iOS/Android.... so do you carry a mouse/controller with out?

#41 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

tell me... how you cope without a mouse.... "on the go" ...so to speak.... I;m dying to here your buyer's justification.

Having to sell the damn things... I know first hand how limited they are.... infact I often reccomended to people to buy a touch-ultra book instead.... and windows 8 store/apps are still a pile of w@nk in comparison to iOS/Android.... so do you carry a mouse/controller with out?

Agreed. I had one. Would take a laptop over it anyday.

#42 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -
#43 Edited by Litchie (16272 posts) -

I've already played a much better version of this game to death. As pretty much everyone else who are interested in Borderlands. And no, I do not think a port released much later than the original is the beginning of a Vita comeback.

#44 Posted by kuu2 (7123 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

I have a mouse when I need it, the Surface mouse which folds flat and fits nicely in my carry pouch. I also have a type cover which gets the job done without ever using my mouse.

Who the hell needs an app store, I can run fully functional PC apps. Plus I have a real browser not some gimped Apple browser, so I can run native versions of any apps.

Getting through airports lugging around a laptop and having to pull it out is a pain. My Surface stays in the bag, weighs 2lbs and is slimmer than any laptop that is equally priced.

#45 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@Litchie said:

I've already played a much better version of this game to death. As pretty much everyone else who are interested in Borderlands. And no, I do not think a port released much later than the original is the beginning of a Vita comeback.

I wish people would understand that was never the point for porting this game...

#46 Edited by MBirdy88 (8052 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@kuu2 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

I have a mouse when I need it, the Surface mouse which folds flat and fits nicely in my carry pouch. I also have a type cover which gets the job done without ever using my mouse.

Who the hell needs an app store, I can run fully functional PC apps. Plus I have a real browser not some gimped Apple browser, so I can run native versions of any apps.

Getting through airports lugging around a laptop and having to pull it out is a pain. My Surface stays in the bag, weighs 2lbs and is slimmer than any laptop that is equally priced.

... you get get better similar size ultra books with better specs and quality for cheaper.

Well that was the case on release, as far as I can tell surface got big price cuts... because shock-horror ... it has near to no market.

#47 Posted by speedfog (3113 posts) -

2 player co-op? Yeah no, they can keep it.

#48 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Still not interested. Over priced Memory cards and the Borderlands 2 game being digital instead of a physical copy kills it for me. Then there is the fact that I just have no desire to own the game on a handheld when I have every intention of buying it for PC when I get around to it.

#49 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You bought a surface Pro? Hilarious. You seem to have a history for jumping in onto failed Microsoft products.

Tell me truthfully, did you own a Zune? Or buy the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360?

#50 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17376 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

You bought a surface Pro? Hilarious. You seem to have a history for jumping in onto failed Microsoft products.

Tell me truthfully, did you own a Zune? Or buy the HD-DVD accessory for the Xbox 360?

The funny thing is he's talking about mobile games and suggesting that Sony doesn't have indies.. Just about any system now gets indies.