Vita or 3Ds?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

I currently own a 3DS and thinking of trading it in for a vita. Any thoughts or comments?

#2 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -
May I ask, why are you trading it in?
#3 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

May I ask, why are you trading it in?MFDOOM1983

I should rephrase. i am thinking of between a new 3DS XL and Vita. Just don't know which id rather have :\

#4 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -

Itspreference really. I had a 3DS and sold but i did like it. I have a vita now and i do like it better depite the lack of games. But the games are coming for the vita and its plays console engine games not last gen stuff, Fifa for example. And games like jet set radio and MGS HD make there way to the hand held because it has the spec to run them along side current consoles. Its somthing to consider for the future.

AC3 Liberation looks amazing btw.

#5 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
The 3DS is my favorite! I have both the Vita and XL.
#6 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
We haven't had one of these in a while. Mainly because Vita is teh sux and no need to ask.
#7 Posted by vashkey (33766 posts) -
Neither seem that great. I have a 3DS and all I've played on it so far are Kingdom Hearts 3D and OoT. I haven't used in in months. The only game I'm interested in getting are Paper Mario and MGS3. The only game I can think of off hand that I am interested in on the PSV is Lumines. The original PSP was so bad there's no way I;m getting a vita until it's a thriving system with a well filled out library. I'm not taking any chances with it.
#8 Posted by DarthClark (458 posts) -
3DS XL by 500 miles. Nintendo knows how to do handhelds, Sony has failed on multiple occasions. Just bought a blue 3DS XL a few weeks ago and love it.
#9 Posted by freedomfreak (42895 posts) -
We haven't had one of these in a while. Mainly because Vita is teh sux and no need to ask.SaltyMeatballs
Love the sig.
#10 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]We haven't had one of these in a while. Mainly because Vita is teh sux and no need to ask.freedomfreak
Love the sig.

*looks at your sig*

Heh, I don't even have to say anything ;)

#11 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

This really isn't the place to ask, people here will tell you the Vita has no games without knowing the library and the 3DS you make you blind. You should just do some research on both the 3DS XL and the Vita and make a decision for yourself.

I sold my 3DS for a Vita, and that turned out to be a good decision, but it's all just personal preference.

#12 Posted by Z-Fatalis (1058 posts) -

3DS has the most games, Vita is the better system and is actually getting a ton of games every week fanboys just overlook them

#13 Posted by Heil68 (46722 posts) -
Neither, because LOL@handhelds.
#14 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2982 posts) -
Look at whatever games interest you now and in the future.
#15 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
3DS for now
#16 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -
PS vita is the better system and that can't be debated really. 3DS has a slightly better library currently being a year ahead. I'd say wait until next year and see what gets announced for the PS Vita outside of Japan. 3DS has a decent amount of games coming but the PS Vita only has a few solid announcements currently.
#17 Posted by RulerofGondor (401 posts) -
The Vita has better hardware, even after the 3DS XL refresh, but the hardware goes to waste since there are no games. When even hardcore Sony loyalists like finalstar end up admitting that they are only using their Vitas for listening to music, or at best playing PSP/PSOne games, you know that it has a shortage of games. The 3DS has a pretty good library, and more great titles to come. It actually has a steady, uninterrupted stream of good games. So, like the DS and PSP back in 2005, this comes down to a question of what you value more between hardware and games. Because Vita wins in the former, and has almost no showing in the latter. The 3DS has good hardware, but is thoroughly outclassed by the Vita in that department; it completely schools the Vita in the games department.
#18 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
3DS for nowcharizard1605
Embrace the dark side my friend :3
#19 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]3DS for nowdanish-death

No

#20 Posted by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Vita because i prefer the massive digital content the psn has to offer even if the retail games are lacking at the moment.

#21 Posted by game_masta14 (3251 posts) -

This really isn't the place to ask, people here will tell you the Vita has no games without knowing the library and the 3DS you make you blind. You should just do some research on both the 3DS XL and the Vita and make a decision for yourself.

I sold my 3DS for a Vita, and that turned out to be a good decision, but it's all just personal preference.

-Patrick_92-
THIS /thread
#22 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]May I ask, why are you trading it in?guard12

I should rephrase. i am thinking of between a new 3DS XL and Vita. Just don't know which id rather have :\

3DS has a future, so i'd go with that one.
#23 Posted by arkephonic (6583 posts) -

I'd get both. I have both and I really like both of them. I am getting LittleBigPlanet Vita and New Super Mario Bros 2 next and can't wait for Persona 4 Golden to come out.

#24 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]3DS for nowcharizard1605

No

What habe I told you about pictures? :p
#25 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="danish-death"] Embrace the dark side my friend :3danish-death

No

Sucks to be you fool :twisted:
#26 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Nocharizard1605

staph. That smily better be express sarcasm lawl. I cannot see sh1t haha
#27 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"] What habe I told you about pictures? :p

You can't see emotiocns either? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm assuming you can guess which one that was :P)
#28 Posted by SRTtoZ (4800 posts) -

I say Vita all the way. I actually just got an XL with Kingdom Hearts DDD and Super Mario 3D Land and its awesome!! But the hardware stinks IMO. The Vita feels (and is) a much better peice of hardware and its only $50 more. I love the 3D effect but its also very finnicky and if you move your head just slightly you lose focus and it gets super annoying. Vitas graphics just completely annihilate the 3DS but at the same time the 3DS has a certain charm to its graphics. The OLED Vita screen is one of the best ive ever seen when compared to the 3DS screen which is just plain bad (low res, very generic). Again this is all my opinion and there is no right answer but if I had to give up one of my handhelds it would be the 3DS without a doubt. Lastly, when it comes to games both systems have their hits and mediocre titles, so its a trade off. Get the Vita IMO.

#29 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Sucks to be you fool :twisted:

You can't see emotiocns either? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm assuming you can guess which one that was :P)

Nothing. Not a single fakh. That includes your stupid AC3 sig :P
#30 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"] staph. That smily better be express sarcasm lawl. I cannot see sh1t haha

This is such a lovely opportunity to troll you :twisted:
#31 Posted by Comduter (2243 posts) -

I prefer both. I have both and I love both. Gotta love LBP and Super Mario 3D Land.

#32 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]You can't see emotiocns either? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (I'm assuming you can guess which one that was :P)

You May only Troll me if you beat me in a game of CoH :3
#33 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
[QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"] Nothing. Not a single fakh. That includes your stupid AC3 sig :P

I uninstalled that to make room for Sherlock Holmes and Dungeon Defenders :oops:
#34 Posted by charizard1605 (60817 posts) -
That was an oops smiley
#35 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

If you want better hardware and a more PS3 like experience on a handheld - Vita

If you like the games the 3DS has - 3DS

For me it would be a 3DS any day, I don't play games for the system.

#36 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="danish-death"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] This is such a lovely opportunity to troll you :twisted:

I uninstalled that to make room for Sherlock Holmes and Dungeon Defenders :oops:

mind = blown
#37 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25158 posts) -
Vita might have been successful without the hidden costs, same price with built in flash memory or memory stick would have been nice. But no, you have to buy the console, ok then you expect to buy a game which adds to the price, but then stupid expensive memory sticks which make Apple memory increments seem cheap.
#38 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

Have you ever owned a PSP? If the answer is no, then definitely get the Vita. There are a lot of excellent PSP games that enhance the Vita library. They play better on the Vita than PSP too. Some of them need a PS3 because they arent officially on the PS Vita store. You download them to your PS3, then transfer to Vita with the Content Manager.

Vita and 3DS games in general are quite a bit different, so a lot depends on what type of mobile experience your interested in. Vita is as much like a console in portable form as you can imagine at this point. Its why you get games like LBP, PS All Stars, Sly Cooper, NFS Most Wanted, and Assassins Creed with very little loss of functionality if any over the console versions. Vita can actually cause direct competition with consoles.

#39 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Vita might have been successful without the hidden costs, same price with built in flash memory or memory stick would have been nice. But no, you have to buy the console, ok then you expect to buy a game which adds to the price, but then stupid expensive memory sticks which make Apple memory increments seem cheap.SaltyMeatballs

New bundles rectify that problem. As long as Sony buys some decent 3rd party support the Vita will pick up in sales especially with the incoming price drop next year. PS Vita was never going to beat the 3DS though, I don't know why people thought it would since the PSP / DS situation showed more powerful hardware means nothing when it comes to sales.

#40 Posted by PresidentKing (215 posts) -
Well for more uinque gameplay experiences you will need to get a Vita. no matter how you look at it the 3DS is indeed another DS, and with 150000000unfo5nff DS's sold with a lot of games using very similar control templates and ideas with some small cosmetic changes, you will be playing games that you will feel you have played before. The 3DS only offers one actual thing and that is visual 3D, nothing that in reality actually adds onto gamplay, or controls, or ideas. The small circle pad is just a alternative D-pad as far as we have seen. The Vita will during its life have more progressive games.
#41 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
3DS
#42 Posted by Ghost120x (4137 posts) -
Vita. It has plenty of great games, don't let the fanboys tell you otherwise. Especially if you haven't played a psp there are plenty of games to play including playstaton one games. Right now I'm switching between playing chrono trigger and street fighter x tekken and it's a blast. I also have assassins creed, need for speed, and ragnarok odyssey ready to be delivered next week. To be honest I haven't touched my 3ds since I beat kingdom hearts but that will change once paper Mario is out. The best thing I like about it is the battery life. It's about the same as the 3ds but once you cut off location settings and Bluetooth its very good. Not only that, it also recharges insanely fast unlike the 3ds.
#43 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
We haven't had one of these in a while. Mainly because Vita is teh sux and no need to ask.SaltyMeatballs
No way being the only portable with dual analogs built in,party chat,trophies and having more games in my interest. Its the only system for me. But I'm going for the home console on the go experience even if the market isn't as big. Psp has shown it can be big enough to support anway. So sony better get their act together.
#44 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9884 posts) -
the 3ds is the more popular system. You should choose it for that reason alone because it means more third party games will hit the system
#45 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
For me it would be a 3DS any day, I don't play games for the system.Yangire
But the system can help us get what we want out of the games. Depending on our expectations of course. Like psp had one analog for my shooters when ds didn't.
#46 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5987 posts) -
I'd just stick with your regular 3DS
Neither, because LOL@handhelds. Heil68
and you GTFO
#47 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
the 3ds is the more popular system. You should choose it for that reason alone because it means more third party games will hit the systemGunSmith1_basic
Not necessarily wii sold the most 7th gen gen yet didn't' have the 3rd party support that people wanted.
#48 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
At this point in time, I don't want either. My phone is more than good enough for me for portable gaming. But if I had to pick one, it would have to be the 3DS. I have a PS3, which ruins the Vita for me. Every game the Vita has that I would care to play are just watered down versions of games I can get on my PS3.
#50 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

3DS it has games and more affordable.