Vita is a hardcore system. (lol3DS)

#1 Edited by inb4uall (5403 posts) -

Source: link

looks like even more devs will be looking to make their games on vita soon. More games means more system sales. More sales means more attractive instal base for devs which means even more games.

The vita might not best eh 3DS in sales, but it could very easily have the better library by the end of the generation.

"In a conversation with Games Industry International, McQuinn lamented Vita’s perception issues, noting that money can be made on the handheld primarily because Vita’s audience is so hardcore.

Honestly, Vita owners are the ****ing best. People rag on the Vita so much, and I think people who rag on the Vita don't understand, at least from a business perspective, the purchasing power of Vita owners. Vita owners are serious purchasers of games. It's an amazing system,” McQuinn told the website.

McQuinn admits that the PS3 iteration of Guacamelee! outsold Vita’s, but not by much. "I think that speaks to the strength of the Vita as a console to sell your game on because there are so many more PS3s than Vitas. For us, the sales on the Vita were really, really strong. It was a great SKU for us,” he said."

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26033 posts) -

Well yeah, the Vita is an easy money maker for smaller devs. Portable indies have a rather large market and PS+ sales and IGC help quite a bit.

Old news, but I guess even Jon needs to make a thread.

#3 Posted by Ballroompirate (22598 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Well yeah, the Vita is an easy money maker for smaller devs. Portable indies have a rather large market and PS+ sales and IGC help quite a bit.

Only char and sweenix are allowed to make HH threads! :3

#4 Posted by inb4uall (5403 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Only char and sweenix are allowed to make HH threads! :3

By HH I assume you mean handheld? Chaz doesn't even have a PSP go. lol.

#5 Edited by lamprey263 (23301 posts) -

the Vita has sold 8 million units, that's 2 million shy of their 10 million unit goal LAST YEAR, so 3DS sells 14 million in a year and Vita sells 3 million, I'd say the Vita has a long long way to go to catch up in sales

but, quality library, I can see that being the case for the Vita, though the games that appeal to me are small, Dragon's Crown I can play on PS3 and Persona 4 without The Golden content, and that's really all I'd want a Vita for at the moment

#6 Posted by darkspineslayer (19570 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

By HH I assume you mean handheld? Chaz doesn't even have a PSP go. lol.

Probably doesn't lift either.

#7 Posted by Bigboi500 (29420 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

The vita might not best eh 3DS in sales, but it could very easily have the better library by the end of the generation.

lol, no it couldn't.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17000 posts) -

the Vita has sold 8 million units, that's 2 million shy of their 10 million unit goal LAST YEAR, so 3DS sells 14 million in a year and Vita sells 3 million, I'd say the Vita has a long long way to go to catch up in sales

but, quality library, I can see that being the case for the Vita, though the games that appeal to me are small, Dragon's Crown I can play on PS3 and Persona 4 without The Golden content, and that's really all I'd want a Vita for at the moment

Much to the TC's point, the 3DS is a more family friendly console that appeals a lot more to casuals hence why it sells so much. Rarely do I see a 5 year holding a Vita, but man do I see a ton with a 3DS.

#9 Posted by PonchoTaco (1991 posts) -

lolVita

#10 Edited by yokofox33 (29407 posts) -

Vita is love. Vita is life.

#11 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

why has the vita defense force been so active as of late?

#12 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17386 posts) -

I have yet to really see a MUST HAVE game that would push me to buy a Vita.

3DSXL had several that got me to hand over my cash to the big N.

Honestly it wouldn't take much...a VITA Metal Gear Solid exclusive would do the trick. I'd take metal gear acid 3 even.

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (46721 posts) -

lol overpriced peripheral lol

#14 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Gotta agree. Top tier gaming, naturally, has the most hardcore.

#15 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@osirisx3: I'd say the Vita jelly Force has been more active

#16 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17000 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

they've been playing some FFX HD

#17 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7118 posts) -

Vita: Play games you can get on other platforms on a small screen and exclusive JRPG's and games you have never heard of!

#18 Posted by Blabadon (26033 posts) -
#19 Posted by NFJSupreme (5199 posts) -

Nothing hardcore about a handheld.

#20 Edited by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

ALRIGHT!!!! YEAH BABY, I'M HARDCORE!!!!!!

#21 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

#VitaMeansLife

#22 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -
#23 Posted by DaBrainz (7630 posts) -

Hardcore system for people with tiny hands. Those sticks are awful.

#24 Posted by misterpmedia (3364 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

they got 3 big exclusives localised. I imagine it's just Westvita though.

#25 Posted by inb4uall (5403 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

lol, no it couldn't.

Some would say it already does. ;)

#26 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10127 posts) -

Vita is love. Vita is life.

Much love. Such family. Very connection.

#27 Posted by k--m--k (995 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

Hardcore system for people with tiny hands. Those sticks are awful.

You rather mean that you are fat?

#28 Edited by Netret0120 (2048 posts) -

:k--m--k:

Lol you started a war with him:-P

#29 Posted by Ballroompirate (22598 posts) -
#30 Posted by GreySeal9 (24118 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Much to the TC's point, the 3DS is a more family friendly console that appeals a lot more to casuals hence why it sells so much. Rarely do I see a 5 year holding a Vita, but man do I see a ton with a 3DS.

Nobody holds a Vita. lol.

#31 Edited by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

Well yeah, the Vita can run Unity, which is a core factor to why it gets so many indie games.

#32 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8661 posts) -

So, the reason why the Vita isn't selling is because people don't understand the system? That sounds like Nintendo talk lol

#33 Posted by mems_1224 (46721 posts) -

lol over priced peripherals. lol

ill take an actual handheld system like the 3ds.

#34 Posted by Roger_The_Alien (28 posts) -

I disagree. Just because it's a Nintendo product doesn't mean it's casual. I think both the PSV and the 30's do well in appealing to the casual and hard core crowds.

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1427 posts) -

the vita can easily have a 10 year life cycle, I don't even think they next 2 nintendo handhelds will have games that look as good as vita games do.

#36 Posted by charizard1605 (56278 posts) -

the vita can easily have a 10 year life cycle, I don't even think they next 2 nintendo handhelds will have games that look as good as vita games do.

Obviously, it's about how games look. Silly everyone else for caring about how the games play.

#37 Edited by Blabadon (26033 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

Obviously, it's about how games look. Silly everyone else for caring about how the games play.

Not like the 3DS is particularly good at either.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

Time to get a Vita, and not the 3DS.

#39 Posted by benleslie5 (7786 posts) -

I'm starting to like the Vita a lot more due to more Indie games getting released for it, plus finding OlliOlli very addictive on my PS Vita