Vita games @ PAX 2014 #whoneedsaNew3ds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45056 Posts

Vita continues its underrated year with upcoming games like Freedom Wars, Tales of Hearts R, Minecraft Vita, and Hotline Miami 2. There's more where that came from, btw. Vita owners, rejoice!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I need Godline Miami in my veins right now

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@Blabadon: we get definitive version

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Anything that's not a multiplat indy or weeaboo game?

Didn't think so. LOL Vita

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic

@speedfreak48t5p said:

what games and systems do you like?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I like PC, 360, PS3, and 3DS,

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

#SolidGameBasicAndHastagSucks.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I like PC, 360, PS3, and 3DS,

plenty of weeaboo and multiplat indies on PS3 and 3DS. the Vita also has much more western games than the 3DS does.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

tales and freedom wars wont be getting my support since lack of dub.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

And the best thing is, we don't have to buy new hardware to play any of them yet

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lolvita

just indie ports and japanese games

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

This year is actually the year I've bought the most PSV games.

- Deception 4

- Dragon's Crown

- DoA5 Plus

- Killzone Mercenary

- Fez (I regret buying this)

- Walking Dead Season 2

I literally doubled my PSV collection this year simply by going back and buying games I missed while saving up for my PS4. That said, there is little coming to the handheld that interests me anymore. They are far too Japan oriented and little western influence. If they stick with the Japan orientation they could at least give us Gravity Rush 2.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SolidGame_basic

@Telekill said:

This year is actually the year I've bought the most PSV games.

- Deception 4

- Dragon's Crown

- DoA5 Plus

- Killzone Mercenary

- Fez (I regret buying this)

- Walking Dead Season 2

I literally doubled my PSV collection this year simply by going back and buying games I missed while saving up for my PS4. That said, there is little coming to the handheld that interests me anymore. They are far too Japan oriented and little western influence. If they stick with the Japan orientation they could at least give us Gravity Rush 2.

I hear ya, I want more Western titles too. Killzone Mercenary is great, isn't it? Have you tried Uncharted, LBP, and Tearaway?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Telekill: people actually buy vita games? I thought it was just for P4G and PS+ titles

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#15 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@lostrib: I wouldn't doubt the Vita having the second highest attach rate out of any relevant system right now behind the PC.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
  • Freedom Wars: another "hunting" game.
  • Tales of Hearts R: lolTales
  • Hotline Miami 2: far more comfortable with KB/M, and yes, I did beat it on both PC and Vita. Also level editor, if it exists on Vita, will still be easier on PC.
  • Minecraft: A game that is already on phones finally coming to Vita. Rejoice!
  • Nepture Re;birth 2: I'd rather play Tales.
  • Plethora of Indie titles that I just can get on PC: and plays better on PC too
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@funsohng said:
  • Hotline Miami 2: far more comfortable with KB/M, and yes, I did beat it on both PC and Vita. Also level editor, if it exists on Vita, will still be easier on PC.
  • Plethora of Indie titles that I just can get on PC: and plays better on PC too

the point of having a handheld is for gaming on the go lol. and yes, you can bring a laptop I guess, but that's still pretty big. Vita fits in nice in your pocket and also has phenomenal resume and play. also, criticizing freedom wars for being another hunting game is like complaining about another platformer, or another rpg, or another fps.. kinda silly. as for Tales, it sells pretty well in the US

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 funsohng

@SolidGame_basic said:

@funsohng said:

the point of having a handheld is for gaming on the go lol. and yes, you can bring a laptop I guess, but that's still pretty big. Vita fits in nice in your pocket and also has phenomenal resume and play. also, criticizing freedom wars for being another hunting game is like complaining about another platformer, or another rpg, or another fps.. kinda silly. as for Tales, it sells pretty well in the US

I don't what kind of hipster trousers you wear, but my Vita doesn't fit in my pockets. And even if it did, I already have much more important things to put in my pocket anyway. And I'd rather take new games than portable ports any day.

Also, Vita is now full of wannabe monster hunters, so I don't think criticizing the over-saturation is wrong. I mean, it's ok to criticize the over-saturation of shooters on consoles, but not this? Vita already has a weak library, and over-saturation isn't something good, especially when they are almost the only high profile releases on the system. And I don't see why you are bringing sales into this.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@lostrib said:

lolvita

just indie ports and japanese games

Japanese games are the only reason to own a handheld to begin with.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

@funsohng said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@funsohng said:

I don't what kind of hipster trousers you wear, but my Vita doesn't fit in my pockets. And even if it did, I already have much more important things to put in my pocket anyway. And I'd rather take new games than portable ports any day.

Also, Vita is now full of wannabe monster hunters, so I don't think criticizing the over-saturation is wrong. I mean, it's ok to criticize the over-saturation of shooters on consoles, but not this? Vita already has a weak library, and over-saturation isn't something good, especially when they are almost the only high profile releases on the system. And I don't see why you are bringing sales into this.

that's like me saying the 3DS constantly has Mario games.. and no, I think you got it wrong. hipster jeans are small and tight. so that wouldn't make much sense. I'm not criticizing you for not liking the Vita, that's your choice. to me the Vita has a plethora of games worth playing. I could easily look at a list of games you like and purposely shit on them too.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 funsohng

@SolidGame_basic said:

@funsohng said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@funsohng said:

that's like me saying the 3DS constantly has Mario games.. and no, I think you got it wrong. hipster jeans are small and tight. so that wouldn't make much sense. I'm not criticizing you for not liking the Vita, that's your choice. to me the Vita has a plethora of games worth playing. I could easily look at a list of games you like and purposely shit on them too.

I like my Vita, I'm just fed up with Sony's attitude towards the system. And I think every Vita user should be too. They are just looking as if we are their b*tch to milk money whenever they feel like it. Look at their releases. They pretty much given up on it. Filled with inferior ports (that are more expensive than their original platform), remakes and obscure fan-service title with maybe occasional brilliance. No actual thrilling investment made by Sony whatsoever. And you are praising this situation? I'd say that's bad consumerism if anything.

Where are the first party high profile releases? Where are the third party partnerships? Where are the proper spinoffs for existing franchises? I'm still waiting for GT Vita and Infamous Vita, but instead, Tearaway is being released on PS4 and we don't even know whether Gravity Rush 2 is Vita game yet.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@funsohng: I could only speak for myself. I like the idea of Freedom Wars. The videos look great. So does Tales of Hearts R. I haven't played Minecraft ever, and I don't think this is something that i'm that interested in. But the fact that it will be cross-save with PS3 version is awesome. Hopefully that will help the Vita. I liked Hotline Miami on the Vita. Being able to play it anywhere at anytime was great. A great pick up and play game.

I do wish there were more major releases for platform but I'm not ruling it out completely. Handheld business is tough to make money on. You don't really see AAA games per se on the 3DS. Most of them are AA at best in terms of budget (i.e. you don't see a lot of voice acting, cut scenes are limited, story/characters not too complicated, gameplay is usually not too complex). I thought Killzone Mercenary was pretty awesome. Really showed off what the system could do. Uncharted was good too, though it really needed multiplayer. I liked Gravity Rush, though it obviously had its flaws. LBP was just like the console version, I think even better because of touch controls. Tearaway was good, but really short. I find that indies are almost always ideal on Vita unless you really want the best graphics. There's also a lot of multiplat support which I think is great. Rayman games are best on Vita imo. FFX HD - awesome. Remakes are good too. Persona 4 Golden, Disgaea 4, Tales of Hearts. And on top of that, remote play (ever tried remote play on Destiny? it actually works well. they optimized the controls for Vita instead of just using default keys). And there's Playstation Now if you're into that. So altogether, I'm still happy with the Vita. Not thrilled, but happy.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

funsohng for hottest GS user 2014.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng

I didn't spend 250 dollars on Vita to use it as a PS4 controller.

Killzone Mercenary was short, Uncharted was bad, and LBP is on every freaking system that Sony touched their hands on. Gravity Rush was rushed (though I liked it). Hotline Miami's insane combos are better with KB/M, Dustforce has 1 second loading time every time you reload, Minecraft has stronger community on PC, etc. I don't mind remakes as long as the library isn't filled with one. But in case of Vita, it kinda is.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm all about that Tales of Hearts. The Tales of series is one of my favorite franchises in gaming. Loving Xillia 2 at the moment.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic

@funsohng said:

Killzone Mercenary was short, Uncharted was bad, and LBP is on every freaking system that Sony touched their hands on. Gravity Rush was rushed (though I liked it). Hotline Miami's insane combos are better with KB/M, Dustforce has 1 second loading time every time you reload, Minecraft has stronger community on PC, etc. I don't mind remakes as long as the library isn't filled with one. But in case of Vita, it kinda is.

I guess you should sell it if you haven't already lol

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng

@SolidGame_basic said:

@funsohng said:

I guess you should sell it if you haven't already lol

I still have to beat Sen no Kiseki and get Toukiden Kiwami and Sen no Kiseki2. But after that, I don't see anything promising really.

Chocobo_PS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Chocobo_PS2
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

Got myself this week Corpse Party Blood Drive and Bullet Girl. The horror game is better horror than anything so far and shooter game got the good difficulty. And I am person who can't read Japanese language but able to process the game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic

It wasn't until I came to this forum that I learned that people see Japanese games as "different.". To me, games are just games.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yay more inide garbage with NES graphics.

At least we finally get a decent JRPG.