Vita continues dominating, accumulates its fourth AAA title!

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

One of the most boring and uninteresting games I've ever played. Let's take Minecraft and make it 2d removing the biggest thing that makes it enjoyable(at least for me), the immersiveness when exploring the lands. So pointless. I guess there ARE people out there who actually enjoy it though. I just don't see the appeal. The controls in particular were some of the worst controls I've ever been unfortunate enough to experience. Minecraft is definitely better in 3D and the controls translate better to 3D.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#52 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Blabadon said:

Yeah, don't worry about Persona not being for you, play the game and see. The risk/reward of that game is crazy; if you don't like it, meh, you lose out on $20 but have plenty of users to potentially help you play it better, if you do like it, chances are it goes down as one of your most revered and memorable games ever. Don't get me wrong, it has issues and it's still outclassed on the Vita by Virtue's Last Reward, but after a lot of deliberation, I got Persona 4 Golden and it was fucking fantastic.

I'll make a list of games in a minute, I'm quite hungry now.

Perhaps I'll give it a chance when I've first completed the games I'm more interested in.

Some parts of Persona look like fun, but the combat system is totally not for me. That would bore me, is combat a big aspect of the game ?

Alright, when you find the time, I appreciate it :)

Combat is a reasonably large part of Persona, but it goes by quite fast. Each character ends up uniquely overpowered in their own way and it gives a nice power trip every time you go out. Grinding is kept to a minimum and the game, in its "Golden" version, goes beyond to find a way to facilitate the player. It's arguably the part that can drag the most, but only because of how I paced myself. It's still worth trying.

Here's the top tier Vita games (as in fantastic games full of engaging, great content):

1) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

2) Hotline Miami

3) Persona 4 Golden

4) WipeOut 2048

5) Rayman Origins

Here are the great games that are top flight in their own way

Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Killzone Mercs' multiplayer, PlayStation All Stars' multiplayer, LittleBigPlanet Vita (not even a fan of the console ones and I loved this), Jetpack Joyride, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (would recommend this on a bigger screen though), and Jetpack Joyride

My good, almost great list

Uncharted Golden Abyss, Soul Sacrifice, Guacamelee, Urban Trial Freestyle, and Plants vs Zombies

Those are only the ones I've finished or am significantly through (or aren't shit, like Zombie Tycoon 2). I have quite a big backlog that will only get bigger due to the 14 for 14 sale, so who knows how this list will shape up.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#53  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@Blabadon: That's a ridiculous number of multiplats and remakes. You don't even need a gaming PC to play those indie games.

Unless you don't own any other gaming device, Vita is severely lacking in worthwhile exclusives. Worst of all, many of Vita's more interesting exclusives will never be localised. Vita's line-up simply doesn't compare to 3DS's massive line-up of exclusives that would appeal to even gamers who own ALL the other systems.

While sales is not everything, Vita's sales are simply so dismal that any comparison against 3DS is ridiculous. Clearly the consumers at large find Vita unappealing and unworthwhile; Vita failed as a product.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Combat is a reasonably large part of Persona, but it goes by quite fast. Each character ends up uniquely overpowered in their own way and it gives a nice power trip every time you go out. Grinding is kept to a minimum and the game, in its "Golden" version, goes beyond to find a way to facilitate the player. It's arguably the part that can drag the most, but only because of how I paced myself. It's still worth trying.

Here's the top tier Vita games (as in fantastic games full of engaging, great content):

1) Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

2) Hotline Miami

3) Persona 4 Golden

4) WipeOut 2048

5) Rayman Origins

Here are the great games that are top flight in their own way

Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Killzone Mercs' multiplayer, PlayStation All Stars' multiplayer, LittleBigPlanet Vita (not even a fan of the console ones and I loved this), Jetpack Joyride, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (would recommend this on a bigger screen though), and Jetpack Joyride

My good, almost great list

Uncharted Golden Abyss, Soul Sacrifice, Guacamelee, Urban Trial Freestyle, and Plants vs Zombies

Those are only the ones I've finished or am significantly through (or aren't shit, like Zombie Tycoon 2). I have quite a big backlog that will only get bigger due to the 14 for 14 sale, so who knows how this list will shape up.

Thanks for the recommendations, appreciate it ;)

I chose the right time to get myself a Vita, with the PSN sale and all. Unfortunately my memory card was already full from the download code I got in the mega bundle. I went out today to get a 32gb card but couldn't find one.

Anyway, I bought Rayman Origins (already played it on PC and PS3 and I love it). Stealth Inc, again played it on PC but this is an amazing game and I love that I can play it on the go now.

Also bought Unit 13, as it was really cheap on PSN and it seems like a fun game. Too bad I couldn't check it out yet, as my memory card is full.

I also bought Fifa Football, pretty amazing how close it is to the console version of Fifa. EA didn't upgrade anything in Fifa 13 or 14 on Vita, so that saved me some money as I could go with the older version.

Jetpack Joyride was another game I got, I've played it before on my brothers iPhone and never knew that it was also on Vita (and PSP?). It's a great game to play in short bursts. Same with Wipeout and Motorstorm RC.

Once I can get my hands on a larger memory card I'll definitely be getting Uncharted, Tearaway and Plants vs Zombies. And Virtue's last reward either on PSN or cartridge. I'm also interested in Hotline Miami, Guacamelee and Metal Gear solid. But I own the games on other platforms already, so it depends if I really want them on the go.

Anyway, I was really surprised by how big Vita's library already is. I hope that the device will keep getting great games like this in the future.