Video Game ideas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

What video game ideas or concepts would you like to see actually made.

I would love for them to make a DC vs Marvel just like the capcom vs marvel games

at least with that it would be a little more realistic

and none of that marvel nemesis crap just pure 2d fighting just like marvel vs capcom minus the crappy capcom characters

DisPimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DisPimpin
Member since 2006 • 2513 Posts
Kill Bill
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
how about a zelda esk game, but instead of the same old crap with saving the princess with a sword the sword is replaced with something else, lets say some kind of magical paint brush? and instead of playing as an elf you play as some form of animal, lets say a wolf? i think a game like that would be brilliant, patent bending of course
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts

Kill BillDisPimpin

i second that idea :D

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts
My ideas for video games are far to complicated to explain on a forum.
elbow2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 elbow2k
Member since 2007 • 1645 Posts

A game with BIG boobies, LOTS of blood, LOTS of gore, LOTS of muscle, and NINJASSSS!!!!!

Dam on second thought, that's a bad idea! :P

Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts

I'm not gonna risk telling you my game ideas >:C

Though one game I would like to see that was cancelled is Jurassic Park: Survival, which was pretty much being stranded on Isla Sorna/Nublar and trying to survive, because like... wasn't that the whole point of the movies in the first place?

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts

a game with stealth. lots of stealth. and the story requires you to assasinate people.

like mgs + assasins creed.

oh and with customizable(spelling?) guns and outfit. e.g.: Rsv2 style, with the option of surpressing all weapons, except shotguns.

oh and the main character is a smoking hot babe.

yeah...

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

I say Equilibrium...

LINK

a game about this would be awesome...imagine if it a a MP:o

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
a game about incest. or something about freeing slavery
rickjamesxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rickjamesxx
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts

how about a zelda esk game, but instead of the same old crap with saving the princess with a sword the sword is replaced with something else, lets say some kind of magical paint brush? and instead of playing as an elf you play as some form of animal, lets say a wolf? i think a game like that would be brilliant, patent bending of courselinkin_guy109
i love the okami sarcasm

and i agre okami>>zelda

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

I'm not gonna risk telling you my game ideas >:C

Paleo_Orca

me too.

esqueletto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 esqueletto
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
STORY Ok, so here's my idea. You are a super assassin set on killing the leader of a corporation that could potentially have the plans to a weapon of mass destruction. You served the army for 12 years and have extreme combat training. You have to track down and kill all his political front-men, secret service, top minds and associates to get to him. Now its not just one of those two hour games you pick up for a fiver, the story is extremely rich with ever changing environments. I suppose in some sense its almost an rpg type thing, you get set the missions, but you can opt for bonuses, extra credit and side missions to make it easier. All throughout the campaign, you get caught up in small military conflicts breaking out in Afghanistan. GAMEPLAY Unlike games of similar aptitude for example call of duty 4, this game will be played from a 3rd 1st person perspective, meaning one click of a button and you can swap between both. 1st is ideal for shooting, moving through small places and clearing out hot areas, while 3rd is ideal for assassinating people using knives, unarmed and gadgets. Every action can be done from both perspectives, but some, like jumping to a certain spot are easier done in 3rd, or shooting in 1st. Shooting is just like shooting in any other action game, but with this games focus on a super realistic gun sounds, recoil, reloading, looks and feel; it makes is a much more thrilling experience. WEAPONS The weapon in hand will be held like you would actually hold a gun when not looking down the sights meaning you can see a lot of your arm and when you look down, you can see your clothes, legs, feet, ammo, secondary weapon, equipment, grenades etc. The equipment you have will be things like cutting lasers, night vision, heat vision, lock picks, computer spikes, smoke grenades etc and can be used in both points of view. Guns etc on the game are found in blue prints, and as you progress through the game you will find a considerable amount of 'parts' of guns. For example, you might find a carbon steel stock or a 50.cal bullet chamber or an m107 grenade launcher. You can then use these 'parts' to create your own guns, or the ones on the blueprints. So say you find the blueprints for an m4 carbine, it would display all the parts you would need to find it, so once you have them all, you could either build that gun, or combine it with another one for example the ak-47 or just make up your own. For each component of a gun it shows its stats so that you can build the gun that you want to fit what it's built for. E.g. you're going to want your pistol to be light, so that you can easily move around with it so you would use the right parts for that specification. You can also buy certain blueprints and components from various shops in the game with the money you get for each mission. APPAREL Armour permutations can be bought, just like blueprints, and found throughout the game. These will also have stats, some reducing explosive damage, some protection against knives and others reducing bullet damage. But as well as these bonuses, they will slow you down the more you put on, so its weather you want to go in heavy, or stealthy. ENIGINE This game will use an engine quite like the frostbite engine, posing fully destructible environments, but with a change. You can now shoot holes in walls if you have the patients, cut through sheet metal like shed walls, vents and pipes with your cutting laser and blow through just about anything with grenades. It will also have dramatic lighting and sound, impressive environments and very intelligent A.I. MULTIPLAYER Last of all is the multiplayer which is very similar to the campaign in the sense that you unlock blueprints and gun components at certain ranks that you work towards by completing challenges, getting kills and completing goals. You can, just like in the campaign, create your own weapons and use them to kill people! You can also unlock armour permutations online just like in the campaign, these to have advantages and disadvantages, and therefore, affect the way you play.
Syaz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Syaz1
Member since 2008 • 554 Posts

i'm not sure if this is a good idea. maybe a futuristic free roaming game based on the godfather universe. i wonder what a futuristic tommy gun would look like.

jdsteffen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 jdsteffen
Member since 2003 • 184 Posts

FPS with Mega Man weapons.

porky_ownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 porky_ownsu
Member since 2008 • 1287 Posts
SNIP SNIPesqueletto
whats with the revival of a dead thread?
Piddle_me_kilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Piddle_me_kilt
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

IF you have ever played Sudden Strike, if this game could be made as a medival strategy where the player could build a castle in real time, sending orders for his/her men. To Guard, Defend, Achieve campaigns, or Pillage a Village. Where your castle is restricting you to choose blacksmith goals, deligate peasants to feed your men, cure the plage!, raise the tax, train your troops. supply the men in battle. spy, and build seige weapons. The sun is always rising, so the men camp in the dark around the fireplace. but your enemies can see your fires. The perspective would be all from a distance so you cannot control the men in battle only view reports daily from the messenger. Simular to the game "Lords of the Realm II(sierra)". but the camera(player view) is in real time, and the military fights on its own, with the commander you choose to suit them. Experience, Tricks, and Glory.

Piddle_me_kilt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Piddle_me_kilt
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

A game of Aboriginal settling. Each player starts with a family of people, who hunt, collect, trade and grow. The object to the game, would be to move your Stone (Like the Pyramids(just 1)) to the top of the Pyramid. Building a Crain. Using Animals to move the Stone. Building an Aquaduct. Using wild Animals fat, Snake skins(for tarp), Flint objects for fire(weapons), Building huts, Living off wild game. along with the object comes the many players who would raid your Stone at the last minute. But you can defend. You could drop the stone on the raiders and defend the stone. imagining a big brick in the way with your men on top of it. The Mouse would control the crain at spacebars command. This would allow more players to the multiplayer game. trying to survive while moving your Pyramid Brick to win the game. At the sound of battle if your people die with your enemies 'Gods' will strike down the battlefeild with lightning, tornadoes, raging forest fires. to keep everyone away from battle and scare you back to building. So the idea of the game is to build your life to the pyramid and pile on your stone.
If you can build crane. You can build a Brain.

Capnvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Capnvideogame
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Can anyone tell me how this game idea of mine is? Story: One day in the present fictional world called Gadcarnet city, Max FeuJack a secret agent along with Alec faretch receives a messages from the commisioner Lt.Surge.The evil scientist Dr.Vanderick Phisix has stolen the Gigaplasmic gem from the Giga labs.This gem has the ability to turn non living mechanics into robots.Vanderick uses the gem in five places.the Gadcarnet city,the junkyard,the south pole,the Omega ocean and Vanderick's hide out.It is up to Max and Alec to stop him. Gameplay:The game is action adventure game.The player plays the main heroes Max and Alec who can run jump swim shoot fly(sometimes)and do stunts.Like many games the player has to complete levels by progressing through puzzles and defeating every boss at the end of each stage.The player first starts with an ordinary glovertrix and his back pack which can do things like hovering him.But as the game progresses Max will unlock three new powerups which will upgrade his glovertrix.The water box contains the Ice bomb which freezes enemies and can be easily destroyed by simply touching them.The Bubble field which protects Max like a forcefield for a brief period and the water cannon Which pushes one or more enemies by force.The fire pack which contains the madbull which burns and kills ememies.The smokebomb which creates a fog to reduce the ememy's accuracy and the U.V ball which gives massive damage but works only with black robots.and the Lighting pack contains spark killer which acts like a homming missle and kills all ememies on screen.The venom deactivator which deactivates a powerful robot or a part of a robot's body and other electronic devices like a generator and the Proton bomb which kills the robot and gives energy juice for Max to increase his Star forcefield.These power ups however can only be used depending on how much energy gauge the glovertrix contains and it can increase by getting a Power charge card.The red ones give less energy the blue ones give a medium energy and the green ones give maximum energy.Another powerup is the Megahut boots Max wears in his feet. These boots allow him to perform repeated action commands very fast.For example in one level an explosion occurs and Max must run from it.The player must perform wall kicks to escape from the explosion shooting upward.After a few seconds if this action gets repeated Max will perform it faster and faster giving the player a good chance to escape.They also help Max to reach further places faster if the dot panels are present.For example when Max hits a switch and when a door opens there will be a time limit for the door to close.Max can reach the door faster by jumping one dot panel to the other.Max has a powerful forcefield called the Star forcefield which acts like an energy bar.If the player gets hit five times the game ends.The player has two choices to obtain energy.the player can use the Power charge cards to charge the Star forcefield.Another way is to collect subtanks and use them whenever needed. The Backpack has various functions like Hovering and flying(To fly you need a special gold power card).The game will be made exclusively for the ds.The game will take place both in 2d and 3d.One thing special is that the player can swap either in 2d or 3d giving the player some convinience.The 2d version shows Max in person in 2d dimension while the 3d version shows him in first person shooter. As for Alec,the player must find the robot using the radar.Once found the player must defeat it.Alec can perform stunts like spinning and flying around.If Alec's is in danger the player must head back to the headquarters to fix the damages.Sometimes the player must do other missions while fighting the boss.Failing to defeating the boss and accomplishing the missions ends the game. Try not to be sarcastic okay? And sorry about the spelling mistakes.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Hmm, this thread is extra special! Two revivals ftw!

Capnvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Capnvideogame
does anyone like the idea I posted?
Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dataleak
Member since 2010 • 1737 Posts

I want a game where you play as an Alien, and your home planet gets invaded by Humans. The Humans are the bad guys. You have a son too, Shogun Assassin style, and you train and teach him. It'll be an RPG Stealth game. Similar to Beyond Good & Evil. :P

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dataleak

A game with BIG boobies, LOTS of blood, LOTS of gore, LOTS of muscle, and NINJASSSS!!!!!

elbow2k

Ninja Gaiden? :P

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I want a game where you play as an Alien, and your home planet gets invaded by Humans. The Humans are the bad guys. You have a son too, Shogun Assassin style, and you train and teach him. It'll be an RPG Stealth game. Similar to Beyond Good & Evil. :P

Dataleak
Man, I was going to be all witty and be like "You wanna play Avatar the game" and then you come up with Shogun Assassin. :(
Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dataleak

[QUOTE="Dataleak"]

ArisShadows

Man, I was going to be all witty and be like "You wanna play Avatar the game" and then you come up with Shogun Assassin. :(

Havn't seen Avatar. I've had this idea for ages. :P Since playing Half Life 2. I should sue James Camaron for stealing my ideas.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

elbow2k

Ninja Gaiden?

Dammit Dataleak beat me to it

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

a game with stealth. lots of stealth. and the story requires you to assasinate people.

oh and with customizable(spelling?) guns and outfit. e.g.: Rsv2 style, with the option of surpressing all weapons, except shotguns.

yeah...

porky_ownsu
You mean like Velvet Assassin? :P
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="porky_ownsu"]

yeah...

You mean like Velvet Assassin? :P

Man that game is hard. The checkpoints are too far stretched out.
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ArisShadows
[QUOTE="Dataleak"]

[QUOTE="ArisShadows"][QUOTE="Dataleak"]

Havn't seen Avatar. I've had this idea for ages. :P Since playing Half Life 2. I should sue James Camaron for stealing my ideas.

Do it, make millions and make your game. I get 5 percent for suggestion. :o
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BPoole96

My idea would be a 2-3 player open world co-op game where there is a city area and then a country/suburb surrounding it and the area its during a zombie apocalypse. There are scattered groups of people through the area and fight amongst the other factions for the scarce resources in the area. You're group would be apart of one of them and have to fight off zombies as well as attacks from other groups, and attempt to make alliance with other factions to take over.

Probably already been done some but that would be a fun game

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dataleak

My idea would be a 2-3 player open world co-op game where there is a city area and then a country/suburb surrounding it and the area its during a zombie apocalypse. There are scattered groups of people through the area and fight amongst the other factions for the scarce resources in the area. You're group would be apart of one of them and have to fight off zombies as well as attacks from other groups, and attempt to make alliance with other factions to take over.

BPoole96

Sounds similar to this, except it's an MMO. http://www.fallenearth.com/landing_age_gate

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Dataleak

Sounds similar to this, except it's an MMO.

lol wow that does look exactly like it. Is that out yet?

Nvm just looked it up. Looks pretty cool

Dataleak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dataleak

[QUOTE="Dataleak"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

Sounds similar to this, except it's an MMO.

lol wow that does look exactly like it. Is that out yet?

Nvm just looked it up. Looks pretty cool

I tried it. It's abit meh. The training missions went on for ageeees and I got bored lol. It might be good once you leave the bunker, like Fallout 3.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
realistic zombie survival MMO is what I am waiting for... A guy can dream cant he?
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
Resistance 3 as an open world game?
Capnvideogame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Capnvideogame
Its not fair no one responded to my idea.
coyleyofhull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coyleyofhull
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
THE WARRIORS 2! The warriors have returned home safely now have a heavy rep and there name is clear, they then start enlisting new blood and tagging everywhere and receiving protection money from the shops etc etc etc you can tell how it would be basically. And when you complete the game you get the option of creating your own gang from scratch and crawling all the way to the top too take out the NEW top dogs who you just put hours of hard work into THE WARRIORS! Also maybe an online game mode where you can fight in gangs or on your own in game modes like deathmatch and tag the place etc. Also maybe some free roam
SargeantDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargeantDS
Dude that is an awsome idea!!! and the weird thing is that I have been playing The Warriors for the past 5 years and i have already beat it. Its one of my most favorite games.... EVER!!! And its sooo old to, thats what i love about it. And instead of playing only up to 2 player it should go up to 4 player coop. Even online,and the game would look so much more realisitc,better graphics,better motion,more fighting moves...for example one guy holds an enemy in a headlock from behind while an ally keeps punching the enemy in the stomach. The game would have more customization options like you could create a character and be recruited just like Rembrandt was.Also i like the create a gang and destroy the warriors idea to.But lets say they were gonna create Warriors 2, the thing i would be afraid of is, who ever is creating it would make it a bit to different so it wouldnt be the same, that would kinda ruin the whole idea. Its just a little weird because i thought i was the only person on Earth who still played The Warriors.
bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

The Matrix. Slo-mo kung fu with guns and car chases. Could that be the ultimate videogame? I think so.

Also a Lobo game would be awesome.

ExESGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ExESGO
Member since 2010 • 1895 Posts
Epic necrobump.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

Its not fair no one responded to my idea.Capnvideogame

Ok, so you want feedback:

The overall feel that you are passing off is reminiscent of a goofy third person action shooter, however the actual execution and presentation would determine whetherit would work well or not. I however do not like your basis for the creation of the robots, it give the obvious impression of ripping off the Allspark from the Transformers.

Now the idea of meshing 2d and 3d gaming is an interesting idea but designing two completely different gameplay types like that often will leave both mediocre compared to one well done type if you stayed completely in 2d or 3d.

But the biggest criticism i have for you is that your idea is too fleshed out and set in stone. You seem to have it in your mind of exactly what you want, and that would be by far the biggest problem you would encounter. Games never turn out the way their original idea was, you would find that limiting yourself to the path you set in your post would cause undue stress and stifle the creative process in creating the game, You should start with a more generalized idea and expectations and allow the game to evolve throughout the development process let the game be what it can be.rigorous guild lines in game development are never good.

Now if you want to pursue the idea, look into the tools that are freely available to you for such and endeavor, such as blender or GIMP or the UDK. i wouldnt reccomend a new dev to start on the DS, and especially not on their dream project as their first project. Get a little experience, learn how stuff works, join a mod team, learn how to model. Then get a team together to make your project once you know that you can; there is little worse to jump in expecting to make a AAA title right off the bat and then find everything crashing down on top of you.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Please don't bump ancient threads from 2008.