VG247: Xbox One Price Cut 'Middle Finger' To Early Adopters

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Yup stop caring about M$ and their BS since they first announced the X1.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol what a crock of shit vg247 trying to get hits lol Price drops happen they happened in the past they will happen in the future don't give us that bububbuu early adopters bullshit the whole thing with being an early adopter is that you miss out on price drops.

god sheens really are the worst of humanity when it comes to hypocrisy.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol what a crock of shit vg247 trying to get hits lol Price drops happen they happened in the past they will happen in the future don't give us that bububbuu early adopters bullshit the whole thing with being an early adopter is that you miss out on price drops.

god sheens really are the worst of humanity when it comes to hypocrisy.

Yeah they happen but not 3 months from launch,the only hardware who have see drops like this all have loss their current gen by a land slide,the N64 lower the price before even launching it was set for $250 release and like 3 weeks before launch sony dropped the PS1 price to $199,and nintendo was force to comply.

The same happen with the xbox which also dropped in 5 months after been release,but if you want bigger proof that this is a desperation move look at the 360,it did not drop its price for 624 days almost 2 years without a price drop.

Now go back to your mountain you red bearded hillbilly.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@killatwill15 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

When you buy something from a company are you not supporting them?

Nope. Just getting a machine that plays games. I have no emotional investment in the process. If you support anything, support the developers that make the games.

No emotional investment? HA HA HA HA!!! Dude, you are one of the biggest super-moo-cow-trolls on this site, and you are going to tell people you have no "emotional investment"?

What a bunch of bullshit.

Just because you are a corporate fap rag doesn't mean everyone else is.

Whatever, man. You just made me laugh by insinuating you don't have "no emotional investment" in the PS4. Maybe if I was new to this forum, I might "possibly" believe you on face value; but come on, that's like the Pope saying he is agnostic.

obviously you are mad that Microsoft fucked you,

and you said "NO" to emotional investment,

just because you are an xbot, doesn't mean anger is not an emotion.

stay mad

OK, Mr "Obvious Alt Account".

yeah I was banned for my pro xbox views,

didn't you know that the xbox one is the best gaming platform out today?

x1bm13

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

i personally don't care... If an item like cookies goes on sale after you buy it do you get mad?.. It's a way to increase sales or get rid of excess stock.. **** people are idiots for getting worked up over this shit.. It's normal business practice.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

MS been giving away "middle fingers" since the announcement of DRM and some are so dumb that they just close their eyes, bend and accept MS's finger.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts
@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol no. This is a sensationalist article. It's just a ÂŁ30 cut and most of those early adopters in the UK got a game with their console like Fifa or Forza thrown in. In fact, even now you can still get a Fifa edition X1 for ÂŁ429 (non 'Day One Edition').

As an early adopter, I don't mind, ÂŁ30 is the sweet spot. I can see why they're doing it. If it was more than that I'd be mad, but not over a ÂŁ30 cut 3 months later.

You are assuming everyone want's Fifa and that that game is worth more than Titanfall.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

sony gave them a bigger middle finger by dropped the ps3 price by 100 bucks and making the 5 free blu ray movies only to new system owners.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@mrintro said:

You know, I'm kind of split on this kind of thing. The thing is, they were willing to pay the original price on Day 1. They knew they could've waited, but they wanted to show their support. So will they really mind?

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I really don't think this price cut will help MS much, anyway, especially in Europe, where PC gaming is bigger than it is in the US. The only system seller the console is getting this year is going to be a whole lot better on the PC.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#110  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

There was no reason to buy the console at launch anyway. Your loss.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Everything MS has done with XBO has been a middle finger to gamers.... not just early adapters and lems.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

So they got a free game when they bought the xbox one

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#113 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

They knew the risks when buying a launch console. They shouldn't get anything.

Agreed. They bought the console at that price because they must have thought it was worth that price.

M$ is a nasty company, but I don't think this is malicious to its consumers. The thing wasn't selling, they had to do something.

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

Even I wouldnt say its a slap to the face of early adpators

BUT it is a pathetic desperate attempt from Microsoft to catch up with the PS4

Microsoft is in full on PANIC mode. I love it. Also tells you everything you need to know

The xbone hasnt been selling as good as Microsoft PR has been claiming. I was calling that from the beginning

If the xbone were selling, they wouldnt have needed to cut the price. BOOM!

Also amusing how they have so little faith in TitanFall to sell on its own. TitanFall is just another boring FPS after all....

At the end of the day remember,

Microsoft didnt lower the price, because they "heard complaints" or "care"

Microsoft lowered the price OUT OF DESPERATION because the PS4 is handing the xbone its ass on a platter.

Microsoft is only out to extort their consumers for as much money as possible...everything being locked behind xbox live pay wall fees being a prime exanple....Microsoft did this for the $

Microsoft is anti-gamer. Proven again and again.

Micorsoft doesnt care or react to gamers, Microsoft reacts to $ and sales...thats ALL Microsoft has shown to care about more then any other company

Even then, the xbone is still an under powered piece of shit with a mandatory kinect spy cam and secondary focus on gaming

Even 300$ would still be too much for an xbone

And TitanFall looks boring as hell too. Its just another FPS...Call of Duty with mechs....

This wont work when its said and done.

PS4 will still continue to badly out sell the xbone...

**** Microsoft for life. They tried to take gamers rights away and the xbone is STILL under-powered, STILL has a kinect spy cam, and is still NOT about gaming....TVTVTV etc

The xbone doesnt even deserve one sale. Microsoft needs to be erradacated from gamimg for all of their BS

Thank you for saving this gen though Sony!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

@edwardecl said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

lol no. This is a sensationalist article. It's just a ÂŁ30 cut and most of those early adopters in the UK got a game with their console like Fifa or Forza thrown in. In fact, even now you can still get a Fifa edition X1 for ÂŁ429 (non 'Day One Edition').

As an early adopter, I don't mind, ÂŁ30 is the sweet spot. I can see why they're doing it. If it was more than that I'd be mad, but not over a ÂŁ30 cut 3 months later.

You are assuming everyone want's Fifa and that that game is worth more than Titanfall.

In the UK Fifa is a big BIG deal, it sells more than Forza 5 and is a bigger deal than Titanfall could ever be. If Titanfall scores and sells well, Fifa would still sell more than both combined.

In fact the truth is, a console that didn't have EAs support with Fifa in the UK, has traditionally been truly fucked. PS2 having more football games and GTA games throughout it's lifespan than the competition, was a huge deal and impacted the decision making of buyers. I'm not big into football games, but I enjoy it, so if the X1 wasn't getting Fifa, I'd have thought twice as well.

Regardless everyone in the UK got either Fifa or Forza 5 at launch. So they got a decent game with their console and that offsets the Titanfall part of the deal.

So the point is, it is only a ÂŁ30 price reduction to them, which won't feel like a big deal. It doesn't to me.

If it was one of those console reductions that was like ÂŁ50 or ÂŁ100, than yeah, that's way too much and that would bother me, but not ÂŁ30 at this point. Over ÂŁ400 is too much, so it's a reduction that's needed at this point so the price doesn't look like it's over ÂŁ400. That is why ÂŁ30 is actually a sweet spot reduction.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

No, you see, "Ambassador Program" situations are what companies do to make their loyal fans happy. Nintendo did it with the 3DS, Sony did it with the PSN hack, it's their way of saying, "we appreciate your support and business and here, we'll prove it to you". They are reaching out on a personal level, because that's what it is, personal. The people who feel like they got shafted don't feel so bad anymore. No one wants to feel shafted at the hands of some major corporation whom they owed nothing to in the first place.

That said, I do not expect Microsoft to arrange an Ambassador Program. Microsoft doesn't give a damn about their customers and would sell you an empty box for $499 if they could get away with it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm not upset and I never will be upset no matter how much they slash the price. I got the Day One edition (which came with Fifa 14 for free here in Australia) and the controller plus the achievement was more than worth the money to me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#118 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

we should at least get a free game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46260 Posts

What is new here ? You wait, you get a better price.

It's always been like that, every console drops in price as time goes by. That along with the buggy launch hardware and lack of games are why most people don't get a console at launch.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

Some stores are adding their own cuts on top of that: http://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20One/Games/45883/xbox-one-titanfall-bundle?&utm_source=tradedoubler

ÂŁ370. Getting closer and closer to PS4.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@tyloss said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wasn't everyone on here saying that "I would get a X1 if it was cheaper"????? SW is full of hypocrites.

lol, no-one said that.

Then you need to pay attention more in SW.

Strutten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Strutten
Member since 2008 • 1263 Posts

@tormentos: its beyond how come mods havnt banned you, you mostly attack with personal insults and calling people out all the time. With such kind of obsession with plastic and what not, you should seek help tormentos - and as for price drops this happens all the time dude with yea almost everything and even you know that this is the risk at buying things on launch. Anyway no offense but i hope you get banned for these offensive attacks all the time, its bloody consoles for crying out loud dude.. cheers

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#123 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I'm not mad. The bigger the install base the more appealing it is to developers. The more the merrier.