Very Early Stages of Headtracking Application

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

If you haven't seen the YouTube vid on Johnny Lee's headtracking idea with the Wiimote, go check it out now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Since watching that YouTube video, I've run into this article from Engadget showing an early stage application using this concept. Here it is.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/26/wiimote-head-tracking-meets-first-person-shooter-die-marshies/

What are your thoughts? For me, this concept blows my mind. I can only imagine how awesome such an immersive experience would be :shock:

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts

All three console can do it, as long as you have the vision camara (360), the eyetoy, a wii and those goofy glasses you can do it.

Pretty cool. It really looks like a viable option for the Wii2 but they need to work out how to make split screen work.

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts

If you haven't seen the YouTube vid on Johnny Lee's headtracking idea with the Wiimote, go check it out now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

Since watching that YouTube video, I've run into this article from Engadget showing an early stage application using this concept. Here it is.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/26/wiimote-head-tracking-meets-first-person-shooter-die-marshies/

What are your thoughts? For me, this concept blows my mind. I can only imagine how awesome such an immersive experience would be :shock:

jpstill85
i think its a bit stupid i mean you will have a bad pain in your neck after playing a fps for an hour
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Hmm, the thing is how do you make that look cool? I think only the most hardcore of gamers/nerds would be caught dead in something like that... even if I was around fellow gamers I wouldn't want them to see me wearing that. Imagine how casuals will feel. Its gonna have to be a Nintendo x Gucci collaboration to come out with some head gear that won't get you laughed at by everyone.
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jpstill85

Hmm, the thing is how do you make that look cool? I think only the most hardcore of gamers/nerds would be caught dead in something like that... even if I was around fellow gamers I wouldn't want them to see me wearing that. Imagine how casuals will feel. Its gonna have to be a Nintendo x Gucci collaboration to come out with some head gear that won't get you laughed at by everyone.Senor_Kami

ahhaha... yeah. I know what you mean. kinda like the power glove...

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Hmm, the thing is how do you make that look cool? I think only the most hardcore of gamers/nerds would be caught dead in something like that... even if I was around fellow gamers I wouldn't want them to see me wearing that. Imagine how casuals will feel. Its gonna have to be a Nintendo x Gucci collaboration to come out with some head gear that won't get you laughed at by everyone.jpstill85

the power glove ruld

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts

[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Hmm, the thing is how do you make that look cool? I think only the most hardcore of gamers/nerds would be caught dead in something like that... even if I was around fellow gamers I wouldn't want them to see me wearing that. Imagine how casuals will feel. Its gonna have to be a Nintendo x Gucci collaboration to come out with some head gear that won't get you laughed at by everyone.jpstill85

use sunglasses :D 8)

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

hate to say this but people who play flight sims and racing sims have been using TrackIR head track for a while yet.

Once you get used to it, its hard playing a flight or racing sim without one.

It also supports a mod for half life 2 and arma

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jpstill85
True, it uses head tracking, but it doesn't use the desktop VR display capabilities. You don't get the sense of depth through the display that you would through the program run on Johnny Lee's version.