UPDATED: What console has the best upcoming exclusives?

• 169 results
Posted by charizard1605 (58094 posts) 4 months, 29 days ago

Poll: UPDATED: What console has the best upcoming exclusives? (151 votes)

Xbox One 23%
PS4 30%
Wii U 46%

XBOX ONE:

PLAYSTATION 4:

WII U:

I think that's a fairly representative list of all the upcoming big exclusives on each of the three consoles.

Please note I am not using the System Wars metagame definition of 'exclusive' for the purposes of this thread. For this thread, if a game is available on one of these three consoles, but not the other two ones, it is an exclusive.

Which of the three consoles do you think has the best upcoming exclusive lineup, then?

#151 Posted by Zassimick (6621 posts) -

Wii U has Captain Toad, it wins by default. :P

Real talk, I've gotta say the Wii U has the more impressive line-up at the current moment. Whatever the reason for that, it's higher up. Though I imagine with time the PS4 and Xbox One libraries will each have their exclusives that blow us away. Uncharted 4, Halo 5, yeah, no problems there.

#152 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26863 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Short answer: I messed up. I tried editing them in later, but you can't edit polls, so there we are.

No ulterior motive, I assure you. Especially since, as I am sure you have realized, I have already distorted the rules of the word 'exclusive' to make sure Xbox and PlayStation benefit.

As for Star Fox. It's standalone, probably episodic.

And that would take down my interest by A LOT if that happens. I can take a TV show, short stories or a comic/manga series being episodic, but games are where I have my limits in the world of DLC abuse.

#153 Posted by sukraj (23032 posts) -

I like the exclusives on the Xbox One

#154 Posted by Suppaman100 (3935 posts) -

If we look a the big picture, PS4 wins this. Since Wii U's third-party support is almost non existing

#155 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

Bloodborne, Uncharted 4: A Bug's End, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky

or

Halo 5, Crackdown 3, Quantom Break, Gears of More War?

^This is the stuff I would stay awake for. Xbone's worthwhile games look as good as the PS4's but MS have announced them so far ahead. (Probably out of desperation, lollers) I give it to PS4 because all the good stuff is coming in the first half of 2015 when I plan to get one. Yeah, I did ignore the Wii U didn't I. Oh well.

#156 Posted by crazypal (507 posts) -

I'm Sony kid but I love what I see from Ninty. first Generation I'll pick them. I'm thinking even of 3DS. my question is : is fatal frame confirmed for the west? is there a way to get around region lock? if not should I get european or American Wii U? and does it have good online store so I can get all the old wii games I missed? same questions for 3DS. sorry I used your thread as a chance to get more educated :)

#157 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1072 posts) -

Definitely Wii U. TC did forget one wii U exclusive coming in sept though, I forget the name of the game but it has same art style as earthbound

#158 Edited by voljin1987 (735 posts) -

PS3 - Persona 5. Pretty much shits on other offerings

Edit: Though that Wii U lineup looks delicious

#159 Posted by SecretPolice (22219 posts) -

The One by a mile or two. :P

#160 Posted by Malta_1980 (11398 posts) -

All consoles will offer some great exclusives... good news to all of us gamers !!

Happy with whats coming out on PS4 :)

#161 Posted by Telekill (4685 posts) -

Uncharted is my favorite series so my vote is obvious.

#162 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (4145 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@hiphops_savior said:

@Krelian-co: and no one is arguing you should only own one system to begin with. Charizard's thread is merely pointing out the obvious; you buy a console for its exclusive games.

SNES: Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, FF6

PS1: FF7, Resident Evil

PS2: GTAIII, FFX

Wii: Wii Sports, Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Bros Wii

The vast majority doesn't buy systems for exclusives anymore, they buy them for multiplats and happen to get the exclusives that also appear on that system. If you look at the PS3 and the 360, the highest selling titles are multiplats. You get some exceptions like TLOU and Halo but its pretty much multiplats since that is 90% of games released these days.

I disagree. Multiplatforms definitely sell best and those are the games that really drive the industry now. Which is why the Wii U is not in the same league as the other two consoles, but that's ok as long as it exist as its own entity I can live with having the Wii U as an amazing secondary console.

I also don't think exclusives matter as much either as they used to. People bought a platform for games that they knew they couldn't see anywhere but on their platform. Those games (apart from Nintendo's) have become fewer and farther between because of the industry's shift towards multiplatform gaming.

What is ultimately driving consoles is trends, and specifically trends in your group of friends. With online gaming becoming such a huge component of gaming in general coupled with the regrettable death of local multiplayer, people have begun to make their decisions based on what their friends have.

I for one would be interested to see what would happen if cross-platform multiplayer were introduced. Although we both know Sony and MS would never allow it.

#163 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

For me it is the PS4.

#164 Posted by hiphops_savior (7939 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa: Good for you, nobody cares about your subjective opinions (minus this reply, of course).

#165 Posted by PonchoTaco (2164 posts) -

All I see on the list is Smash Bros.

#166 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26863 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

@AmazonTreeBoa: Good for you, nobody cares about your subjective opinions (minus this reply, of course).

Dude... isn't that why Char made this thread?

#167 Edited by xxyetixx (1296 posts) -

@22Toothpicks: I'd say it's an ever evolving exclusive none the less. More characters game types, always adding stuff. As long as MS is making money with KI we could see multiple seasons and milking lol.

Doesn't mean it's not an exclusive or a great fighter

#168 Edited by jg4xchamp (48318 posts) -

WiiU: Because Bayonetta 2.

#169 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

Wii U hands down. If Smash Bros doesnt get you excited then your not a gamer, your just a brainless sheep follower. Also Starfox and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker I mean like come on now, Starfox alone will be my personal favorite game of the 8th generation Zelda Wii U will be right behind it though.

#170 Edited by Master_Of_Fools (1367 posts) -

@tormentos: False. We were all kids when we started playing Nintendo. Kids these days are all on Xbox and PS playing COD. Current Wii U owners were the loyal Nintendo fans, sure some were waiting to see Zelda and such, but kids (casuals) are interested in smartphones and tablets. They have no interest in consoles right now.