UPDATED: What console has the best upcoming exclusives?

• 169 results
Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) 2 months, 1 day ago

Poll: UPDATED: What console has the best upcoming exclusives? (149 votes)

Xbox One 23%
PS4 31%
Wii U 46%

XBOX ONE:

PLAYSTATION 4:

WII U:

I think that's a fairly representative list of all the upcoming big exclusives on each of the three consoles.

Please note I am not using the System Wars metagame definition of 'exclusive' for the purposes of this thread. For this thread, if a game is available on one of these three consoles, but not the other two ones, it is an exclusive.

Which of the three consoles do you think has the best upcoming exclusive lineup, then?

#1 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

The Wii U. None of the other consoles have anything other than Bloodborne on PS4.

#2 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10342 posts) -

I don't understand how some of these titles are considered exclusives -- The Master Chief Collection, The Last of Us, Devil's Third, Super Smash Bros., No Man's Sky, Gears of War (as it hasn't been announced yet)

#3 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

From that list of games its the Wii U. Which is a little...unexpected. >_>

#4 Edited by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

I don't understand how some of these titles are considered exclusives -- The Master Chief Collection, The Last of Us, Devil's Third, Super Smash Bros., No Man's Sky, Gears of War (as it hasn't been announced yet)

I explained the definition of exclusives for the purposes of this thread right there in the OP.

Why in the world is Devil's Third not an exclusive again?

#5 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6954 posts) -

Xbox One of course. Forza Horizon 2 baby!

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3479 posts) -

Good lord, look at that Wii U list.

#7 Edited by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

Did you not read the OP?

Anyway back to the games; is there any footage/info on SMT x Fire Emblem?

#8 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Nothing can touch the ps4...and Bloodborne just bitch slapping the competition out of its way. "Step aside. I gotta fix the mess that is dark souls 2."

You forgot Deep Down though, tc.

#9 Posted by foxhound_fox (87693 posts) -

Wii U by miles and miles.

All that is even remotely intriguing for the PS4 and Xbone is Bloodborne and Sunset Overdrive (respectfully). And even then there is no guarantee they will be amazing.

#10 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Wii U by a long Kilometer.

#11 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6954 posts) -

Nothing can touch the ps4...and Bloodborne just bitch slapping the competition out of its way. "Step aside."

Scram. Nobody here likes you.

#12 Edited by TheEroica (13310 posts) -

Xbox's exclusives appeal to me most but I'm still not picking up an XOne as of yet... maybe xmas or Columbus day...

Ps4 has No Man's Sky though and I'm so excited to play it.

Nintendo is ok. Not a huge smash brothers fan and zelda isn't real until I see it. Sonic has to fail because sonic always fails, star fox could be cool... we're still a 100 dollars too expensive

For a purchase for me though.

#13 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

Nothing can touch the ps4...and Bloodborne just bitch slapping the competition out of its way. "Step aside."

Bloodborne is looking great but I'm very meh about everything else. UC4, The Order and No Man's Sky look good too but...the Wii U list.

#14 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10342 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I explained the definition of exclusives for the purposes of this thread right there in the OP.

GameSpot hadn't updated their listing of Devil's Third to show it was Wii U exclusive -- still listed as 360, PS3 and Wii U

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

GameSpot hadn't updated their listing of Devil's Third to show it was Wii U exclusive -- still listed as 360, PS3 and Wii U

Ah.

Yeah, it was re-announced as exclusive this E3.

#16 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -
#17 Posted by inb4uall (5351 posts) -

Nothing can touch the ps4...and Bloodborne just bitch slapping the competition out of its way. "Step aside. I gotta fix the mess that is dark souls 2."

You forgot Deep Down though, tc.

I've said it before. You used to be cool as Ispeakfact. Now you're just an annoying shell of your former self.

#18 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

WiiU purely because Xenoblade Chronicles X. Game looks better than doggy style sex. Although quite a few of the PS4 games look pretty dope too.

#19 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

Hey char, you need to add these to the PS4's list.

Deep Down and Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign (either pics)

BTW: all line ups looks good but PS4 has Bloodborne, man that just tops everything else for me all the other titles are icing.

#20 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Damn, with all of those exclusives in one place, it's actually a bit tough to decide.

#21 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Been trying to add Deep Down for PS4 and Stealth Inc 2 for Wii U for a while, and I can't anymore, apparently you can't edit polls...

So I won't be able to make any additions (or subtractions) to the OP...

#22 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

Also does anyone else think that the main character in Sunset Overdrive looks a bit like the sometimes Cracked writer Seanbaby?

#23 Posted by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Been trying to add Deep Down for PS4 and Stealth Inc 2 for Wii U for a while, and I can't anymore, apparently you can't edit polls...

I feel it's flawed to add indie games. (well it's not but you'll be here forever adding them all)

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I feel it's flawed to add indie games. (well it's not but you'll be here forever adding them all)

I didn't want to add all indie games, just, say, one showpiece indie game per platform (hence, Ori for Xbox One, No Man's Sky for PS4).

#25 Posted by mems_1224 (46557 posts) -

How come you didn't include Cuphead, Inside, Below, Scalebound, Fantasia, Crackdown, #IDARB and Massive Chalice for the Xbone?

#26 Edited by nervmeister (15192 posts) -

My Wii-U wishlist: Fatal Frame, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles, Splatoon

My PS4 wishlist: Bloodborne, The Order, Guilty Gear Xrd.

My XB1 wishlist: the Blind Forest

Wii-U > PS4 >> XB1

#27 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

Hey char, you need to add these to the PS4's list.

Edit, found pics with names in them like the rest of your OP.

BTW: all line ups looks good but PS4 has Bloodborne, man that just tops everything else for me all the other titles are icing.

#28 Posted by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@charizard1605 said:

I didn't want to add all indie games, just, say, one showpiece indie game per platform (hence, Ori for Xbox One, No Man's Sky for PS4).

I get the highlighting but when you do that you open yourself up to tons of whining. If I were you, just stick to retail. Indie is a great way to fill in retail release gaps though. When I get my WiiU I'm excited to check out all the indie games. Wanna play Guacamelee and Swords and Soldiers 2.

#29 Edited by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

How come you didn't include Cuphead, Inside, Below, Scalebound, Fantasia, Crackdown, #IDARB and Massive Chalice for the Xbone?

Same reason I didn't include all the indie games on Wii U or PS4.

#30 Posted by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

indie game?

#31 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@charizard1605 said:

indie game?

Stealth 2 is an indie game.

#32 Posted by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

@charizard1605 said:

indie game?

Stealth Inc 2 is an indie game. Self published by a self employed staff.

#33 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2123 posts) -

This TC is totally very biased. Why you leave of big AAA PS4 and Xbox One exclusives out and yet you add all Wii U games that are coming out?

#34 Posted by starwolf474 (554 posts) -

I like PS4's upcoming exclusives the best.

#35 Edited by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

This TC is totally very biased. Why you leave of big AAA PS4 and Xbox One exclusives out and yet you add all Wii U games that are coming out?

Which big AAA PS4 and Xbox One exclusives did I leave 'of'?

#36 Posted by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Crackdown and Scalebound are retail. They should be included.

#37 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Crackdown and Scalebound are retail. They should be included.

Fuck, I forgot about them entirely D:

#38 Edited by tormentos (17121 posts) -

Very nice played TC to use gamespot definition of exclusive,since the wii u is missing several 3rd party games and a truck load of indies.

#39 Edited by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

-

@tormentos said:

Very nice played TC to use gamespot definition of exclusive,since the wii u is missing several 3rd party games and a truck load of indies.

If you used the true definition of exclusive, that would just benefit the WiiU more. Also, there are a bunch of indie games on the WiiU. Less than PS4 and X1 but still a good number. Tbh, until TGS the PS4 is never going to win this battle. Indies, without indies, whatever definition you use the PS4 isn't winning.

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

There's always an ulterior motive, isn't it? Even when the thread is in fact about exclusives, and the definition of the word exclusive has explicitly been distorted to make sure the PS4 would have more than four games in its list.

#41 Posted by wolverine4262 (19050 posts) -

Coming this year: Xbox one

Next year: Wii U

lol: PS4

#42 Posted by wolverine4262 (19050 posts) -

Also, No Mans Sky is barely more exclusive that Assassins Creed when it was first announced for the PS3.

#43 Posted by blamix99 (1684 posts) -

PS4

Bloodborne

Uncharted 4

The Order 1886

WiiU

Smash Bros

Zelda Hyrule Warriors

#44 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@ActicEdge said:

@charizard1605 said:

indie game?

Stealth 2 is an indie game.

Oh, I wasn't talking about adding something like that I was talking about this...

:D

#45 Edited by Chutebox (36632 posts) -

PS4 > Wii U > X1

#46 Posted by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

Com'on torm, char actually did pretty good here. He is biased toward nintendo but he did pretty good on xbone and PS4 lists as well.

Also he did leave TLOU R and Halo MC collection for both PS4 and xbone lists so I'll give him a thumbs up on this. He hit the biggest titles I think.

#47 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Some of your Xbox exclusives are also coming to the PC, so they're not exclusives.

#48 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24917 posts) -

They all have Exclusives I want

#49 Posted by drummerdave9099 (652 posts) -

Wii U does, but what other games are coming out for WiiU besides the ones you listed? Watch Dogs? And downloadable ones. And movie and lego games. And that's it.

I'm glad I own an X1 and a WiiU, not missing out on too many games.

#50 Edited by kinectthedots (1614 posts) -

Going to be honest here though my opinion maybe unpopular. When I look at the lists closely even though Nintendo shows more games, there isn't really anything I really want to play save for maybe xenoblade X.

On the other hand, I would like try/play everything on the bone and PS4 list save for the Halo collection and Let it die.

So for me it's PS4>>X1>>>Wii U