UPDATED: broken ps4's EVERYWHERE! EVERYWHERE!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

@CloudStrife213:

Save us the the BS story. If anybody is purchasing consoles at launch they are taking a huge risk. I usually hold off on console at launch but they announced Killer Instinct.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

IGN reporting up to 7 or 8 cases of the system simply bricking. Two people were told to just send it back to Sony by Sony. Better pray this is a software issue and not a hardware issue or they will be fucked in the press. Hopefully these are isolated reports but we will see.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@kayjaymaster said:

What is the PS4 has PS2 level of hardware fail?

This should be interesting can you show me what was the level of failure of the PS2 and what was it.?

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@tormentos:

Just because somebody decides to not to report their issues online or in a forum doesn't mean that the issues don't exist. Out of 4000 people, how many do you think would report defects? Or have already called Sony instead of posting it online?Compare that to millions of people with the console and you will see what I'm talking about.

When did IGN first report that they had a defective PS4? When the NEOGAF user started posting. Before that, we had no idea that IGN had a defective console, and they've already had the PS4 for a while already.

And no, you can't just say that all electronic devices have failure rates. Companies must be responsible for their product and ensure the product goes through rigorous testing before ever releasing it into consumers hands.

It is not the fault of the consumer as to why the product they purchased is defective, it is the company's fault. No matter how you put it, the consumer put trust into the company by purchasing their product.

Especially because these companies already KNOW the problems that plague consoles. If they had done enough testing on the product, they would have been able to at least solve its problems, it appears to me now that Sony might have rushed their product, the same could be said for the Xbox One, but that remains to be seen.

The fact of the matter is that it is UNACCEPTABLE that these consoles are still experiencing defects and failures even though both companies have already had experience with both.

Please cite to me your statistics on failure rates of gadgets aside from consoles. You can't just say that the failure rate of consoles applies to all gadgets.

I agree, the Xbox 360 had a very huge failure rate, the PS3 also failed me(YLOD) but it didn't fail most as much as the Xbox 360, but you can't apply that situation to now. We are talking about PRESENT consoles.

I think you believe that I am a Xbox Fanboy, but I am far from that, I just want to take on the realistic view on things. I will buy both consoles as I am a avid console gamer.

I wanted to buy a PS4 on Christmas and now that I've heard of reports of this, I have been turned off from it.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

What if we juxtapose the amount of faulty PS4's against the amount of working PS4's, what does that tell us about the average fault ratio?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Is it a hardware issue or the console being bricked due to software update?

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

No wonder. What you expected for 400 bucks ?

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@CloudStrife213: Yes you can say all electronics have failure rates. You say they should have engineered the system to not have failure rates, but that is impossible. Why? Dead solder joints, weak capacitors, blown fuses, etc. If you have a factory with three lines churning out 15k systems a day and ONE of the assembly machines on one of the lines is having issues, that is potentially 5k units that are going to have issues. It's just common sense.

This isn't just a PS4 issue, this is an every console ever released issue. This is an every piece of electronics ever made issue. This is an everything ever made in a factory issue.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By tormentos

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos:

Just because somebody decides to not to report their issues online or in a forum doesn't mean that the issues don't exist. Out of 4000 people, how many do you think would report defects? Or have already called Sony instead of posting it online?Compare that to millions of people with the console and you will see what I'm talking about.

When did IGN first report that they had a defective PS4? When the NEOGAF user started posting.

And no, you can't just say that all electronic devices have failure rates. Companies must be responsible for their product and ensure the product goes through rigorous testing before ever releasing it into consumers hands.

It is not the fault of the consumer as to why the product they purchased is defective, it is the company's fault. No matter how you put it, the consumer put trust into the company by purchasing their product.

Especially because these companies already KNOW the problems that plague consoles. If they had done enough testing on the product, they would have been able to at least solve its problems, it appears to me now that Sony might have rushed their product, the same could be said for the Xbox One, but that remains to be seen.

The fact of the matter is that it is UNACCEPTABLE that these consoles are still experiencing defects and failures even though both companies have already had experience with both.

Please cite to me your statistics on failure rates of gadgets aside from consoles

I agree, the Xbox 360 had a very huge failure rate, the PS3 also failed me(YLOD) but it didn't fail most as much as the Xbox 360, but you can't apply that situation to now. We are talking about PRESENT consoles.

I think you believe that I am a Xbox Fanboy, but I am far from that, I just want to take on the realistic view on things. I will buy both consoles as I am a avid console gamer.

I wanted to buy a PS4 on Christmas and now that I've heard of reports of this, I have been turned off from it.

Yeah so we assume that all 4000+ are defective based on the fact that almost all could be remaining silent about it right,because we know that people remained silent about RROD on 2005 right.?

Forums were on fire full with RROD thread every where.

All product have a damn fail rate % no product has 100% reliability non,even more now that product are build in now to be as cheap as possible.

So yeah there will defective xbox one on launch to because there is always are,in fact MS shield on 2005 was a 5% fail rate which they claimed to be under it,when it was more than 50% of the units that were coming out were faulty.

So again wait until the console launch,8 consoles out of 4000 is nothing really,now if you have 1000 cases on 4000 then you have a problem that denotes a 1 out of every 4 units not working.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CloudStrife213

@RossRichard:

Not as a large scale as consoles, check the statistics and percentages.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

@jhonMalcovich said:

Yer.. $100 more would of made all the difference..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 tormentos
@megaspiderweb09 said:

What if we juxtapose the amount of faulty PS4's against the amount of working PS4's, what does that tell us about the average fault ratio?

As of now 8 units out of 4000+...

Less than 2% fail rate based on that alone,in fact most product have from 2 to 3% fail rate which mean if you sell 1 million units 20k to 30K people will get a bad unit,on the xbox 360 it was like 50% which mean half of the units coming at launch were failing.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 RossRichard

@CloudStrife213: That doesn't change the truth of what I posted. The fact is, it happens. Expecting otherwise is living in a dream world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Please keep this topic up to date. I want to know what kind of issue this is and whether I could potentially screw up my PS4 due to a software update. I'm just really hoping this is not another hardware issue.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 RossRichard

@Crossel777 said:

Please keep this topic up to date. I want to know what kind of issue this is and whether I could potentially screw up my PS4 due to a software update. I'm just really hoping this is not another hardware issue.

If you have issues, Sony will make it right. These things happen at launch, when they are rushing consoles to meet demand. This is why I try to wait at least a year after launch.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

I don't know, with all the demo kiosks having issues and then the early reports of the retail consoles bricking in a similar fashion.. it could get pretty bad come Friday. I honestly hope not for those who shelled out $400 for the thing but at least it would make for entertaining days here on SW

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@Crossel777 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Yer.. $100 more would of made all the difference..

Sorry. I forgot to mention. I am a PC gamer. 400$ more would have made all the difference :P

You just can´t get a good hardware for so little. You will get a wobble station that breaks every 3 years or so.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By tormentos
@CloudStrife213 said:

@RossRichard:

Not as a large scale as consoles, check the statistics and percentages.

Oh please link us...

All product have fail rates period is not even debatable why in hell you think they come with a limited warranty..lol

According to reports over the weekend from China Business [Google translation] and China Times [Google translation], Apple last month returned at least five million and perhaps as many as eight million iPhones to manufacturing partner Foxconn due to defects in either appearance or operation.

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/04/22/apple-returns-5-8-million-defective-iphones-to-foxconn/

http://www.news.com.au/business/companies/record-1-billion-for-toyota-drivers-with-defective-cars/story-fnda1bsz-1226682311251

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/02/09/more-than-7-million-samsung-tvs-plagued-by-possible-power-defect/

I can go on all day...

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By CloudStrife213

@RossRichard@tormentos

I never said that all electronics don't have failure rates, all I said is "You can't just say all electronics have failure rates", meaning I don't believe that it is a valid reason for a company that is well established to still have issues despite having years of learning about the process of creating consoles.

@tormentos

The difference here is that the issues are being reported BEFORE launch, where there are less people who have the console thus it may seem that these are just isolated cases. Compare that to the RROD fiasco, that happened AFTER launch, where everyone could get their hands on the console which means a higher population of people complaining. 7:4000 may seem small now(ignoring the fact that some others may have not posted online), but wait till it launches, we might see a bigger number as there will be a bigger population. And just because these people are not reporting issues now, doesn't mean that they won't be reporting issues later. There is still a chance or possibility that their console will fail. Just because they don't report the issues on day one doesn't mean they are safe forever

All I'm saying is that there is a possibility that the PS4 will have a huge failure rate. There is also a possibility that these are isolated cases, but we will truly know in the months to come.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By CloudStrife213

@tormentos:

Right back at ya.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/02/xbox-360-failure-rates-worse-than-most-consumer-electornics/

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kayjaymaster said:

This should be interesting can you show me what was the level of failure of the PS2 and what was it.?

Enough for a class action lawsuit which Sony lost.

This will kill off Sony as a company if this is true. They already have QC issues with the 'wobble' that thing has.

The PS3 was the first console that Sony made that did not have issues with its quality. PS1 and PS2 both had disc read errors and having to turn the console upside down for it run properly. What is terrible is Sony had tons of time to remedy this and I think they chose to hide to keep it from the press as long as they could. This is why I was harping so much on demo units not coming to stores and media.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

It seems that with bankruptcy looming, Sony had no choice but to skimp on the manufacturing and materials quality.

So far we have -

- Wobbling console

- HDMI Port failure

- DS4's falling to bits

- Machines bricking

- No games

What a mess :(

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 tormentos
@CloudStrife213 said:

@RossRichard@tormentos

I never said that all electronics don't have failure rates, all I said is "You can't just say all electronics have failure rates", meaning I don't believe that it is a valid reason for a company that is well established to still have issues despite having years of learning about the process of creating consoles.

@tormentos

The difference here is that the issues are being reported BEFORE launch, where there are less people who have the console thus it may seem that these are just isolated cases. Compare that to the RROD fiasco, that happened AFTER launch, where everyone could get their hands on the console which means a higher population of people complaining. 7:4000 may seem small now(ignoring the fact that some others may have not posted online), but wait till it launches, we might see a bigger number as there will be a bigger population.

All I'm saying is that there is a possibility that the PS4 will have a huge failure rate. There is also a possibility that these are isolated cases, but we will truly know in the months to come.

Problems report before launch on a product that is been given to some people in advance news at 10...

If those Iphone were given to people before street date,defective models would appear any way period it is a sad excuse,in fact the first units to RROD were in the hand on Mountain Dew winner who got their units early.

So yeah it is easy to see that if no one has a product no one can report failures,but if people has them before street date they can report them,happen already on 2005 first RROD were mountain dew units.

Saying ignoring other that haven't posted is stupid you are taking into account something that isn't there to begin with,by that logic the fail rate could be 100% and just 8 people decide to complain.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By tormentos

@kuu2 said:

Enough for a class action lawsuit which Sony lost.

This will kill off Sony as a company if this is true. They already have QC issues with the 'wobble' that thing has.

The PS3 was the first console that Sony made that did not have issues with its quality. PS1 and PS2 both had disc read errors and having to turn the console upside down for it run properly. What is terrible is Sony had tons of time to remedy this and I think they chose to hide to keep it from the press as long as they could. This is why I was harping so much on demo units not coming to stores and media.

Oh you mean DRE which every freaking drive will suffer at one point because all optical drives have a certain life time,The xbox had DRE,GC,PS1,DC,xbox 360,PS3,PC xbox one and PS4 will have them to,on the PS2 they were more common because damn they sold like no other console had sold before it,so yeah yeah DRE was more common on PS2 than xbox.

Or should i remind you how bad thompsom drives were on the xbox?

The PS1 read errors happen when the unit over heat,if just caused FMV to skip nothing more.

Oh please hypocrite lets not talk about things hidden,MS even charged people $150 for fixing RROD until it was so wide spread that they had no choice but to repair it them self or face a console recall and legal battles.

1+ billions were spend on RROD by no change a small amount of money to repair something.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By CloudStrife213

@tormentos:

Just like with the PS4 huh? People reporting issues before street date. It's as if you are foreshadowing RROD for PS4. Not that I'm happy about that though.

Did the Xbox 360 have a 100% failure rate? Nope. I never said that all PS4 consoles will be defective, but there might be a chance that there will be a lot of people complaining.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By RossRichard

@CloudStrife213: Actually 360 failure rates were reported before launch.

http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 RossRichard

And the people complaining about the wobble seriously need to get a grip. Sony will just put some rubber footers on the bottom of the console, problem solved. Of course, they should have done this in the first place. But it is hardly a noteworthy issue.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 tormentos
@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos:

Right back at ya.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/02/xbox-360-failure-rates-worse-than-most-consumer-electornics/

No no no no...

You say consolessssssssss not console.

You just link me to one of the biggest electronic failures ever,what other console has a 68% fail rate.

I'l wait while you search..lol

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By CloudStrife213

@RossRichard:

Somewhat like what the PS4 is going through right now right? So I don't know why you guys want to dismiss these issues as if they are nothing and ignoring them.

I guess I'm just a pessimistic person and you guys are optimistic.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tormentos

@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos:

Just like with the PS4 huh? People reporting issues before street date. It's as if you are foreshadowing RROD for PS4. Not that I'm happy about that though.

Did the Xbox 360 have a 100% failure rate? Nope. I never said that all PS4 consoles will be defective, but there might be a chance that there will be a lot of people complaining.

The problem is the xbox 360 ones were far bigger,it was this noise that could not be silent.

Once again lets wait for launch,the internet is way bigger now than it was on 2005.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 RossRichard

@CloudStrife213 said:

@RossRichard:

Somewhat like what the PS4 is going through right now right? So I don't know why you guys want to dismiss these issues as if they are nothing and ignoring them.

I guess I'm just a pessimistic person and you guys are optimistic.

Kinda, yeah. But every console launch has these issues. Every single one. The flaws with the PS4 don't look too serious, at least not at this time. Once the consoles actually launch, who knows. But we know for sure Sony has issues with the HDMI ports. That is annoying, but hardly anything serious.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By CloudStrife213

@tormentos said:
@CloudStrife213 said:

@tormentos:

Right back at ya.

No no no no...

You say consolessssssssss not console.

You just link me to one of the biggest electronic failures ever,what other console has a 68% fail rate.

I'l wait while you search..lol

Consoles - Aggregate of all consoles, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii combined.

If you combine all those percentages you get an even bigger percentage of console failures. So I don't understand what you are talking about. Unless you are saying that the PS3 and Wii never had any failures which is false.

You can't deny that the PS3 and Wii still had issues of its own.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#133  Edited By HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

It seems that with bankruptcy looming, Sony had no choice but to skimp on the manufacturing and materials quality.

So far we have -

- Wobbling console

- HDMI Port failure

- DS4's falling to bits

- Machines bricking

- No games

What a mess :(

Yet don't worry they still need to pick up this on launch rather than wait.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tormentos

@CloudStrife213 said:

If you combine all those percentages you get an even bigger percentage of console failures. So I don't understand what you are talking about.

Wait now you are combining consoles fail rates.. Nice spin...lol

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By CloudStrife213

@tormentos That is what I am talking about, the fail rates of consoles are bigger compared to most other consumer electronics products, if you had bothered to read what I sent you, you would understand that.

But I believe we should put the speculating to rest and see what will happen in the coming weeks or months. I do kinda agree that it may be to early to tell, but the news of these issues are not good news at all. It means somebody out there will have to contend with a defective console.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@tormentos said:
@megaspiderweb09 said:

As of now 8 units out of 4000+...

Less than 2% fail rate based on that alone,in fact most product have from 2 to 3% fail rate which mean if you sell 1 million units 20k to 30K people will get a bad unit,on the xbox 360 it was like 50% which mean half of the units coming at launch were failing.

So what exactly is the fuss about?.....It is not as if a consumer is dead in the water if their console bricks as these things come with warranties anyway, if yours brick, return it and get a new one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@resevl4rlz said:

oh please, this is like the rrod fiasco

No it's not. Don't be dishonest. Both consoles will have some percentage of failure rate. There isn't a product that doesn't. The RROD continues on to this day.

BruceBenzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#139  Edited By BruceBenzing
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@tormentos said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

If you combine all those percentages you get an even bigger percentage of console failures. So I don't understand what you are talking about.

Wait now you are combining consoles fail rates.. Nice spin...lol

This is coming from a guy that introduced sales into a thread crying about media bias. Oh the irony....

KayJayMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#140  Edited By KayJayMaster
Member since 2013 • 63 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kayjaymaster said:

Cheap plastics, DRE, disc drive failure

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#141  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

The only i see is only 6 broken ps4's.........that it is not really mean anything or everywere.Lems are very desperate......lolol

PS4 1080P,better games,more powerful and cheaper.Deal with that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@kayjaymaster said:

@tormentos said:
@kayjaymaster said:

Cheap plastics, DRE, disc drive failure

And yet PS2s still exist and still work. You guys seriously need to get in the real world. Ever heard of recalls? They happened for just about every product.

analgrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#143 analgrin
Member since 2003 • 1564 Posts

@CloudStrife213: Erm yes it is

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/14/broken-playstation-4-systems

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

This is probably being overblown. But if Sony does indeed have issues then I can't imagine what's going to go down with the One. We'll see come the weekend.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

You have 3 links... 3.

That's not everywhere. Lems, keep trying.. Keep the dream alive lol. The inevitable will still happen

Sony has this gen in the bag.

While the "broken systems" issue may be all hot air, equally so is your comment "Sony has this gen in the bag."

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

please go back to my post and threads all TRUTH its going to happen more with that heat sink over the GDDR5 and that little fan its not good folks.

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Flopstation 4. Overhyped as fvck.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149  Edited By Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

lol lems grasping at straws.

this happens every launch with every system.

3SidedSquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 3SidedSquare
Member since 2008 • 347 Posts

LOL M$ spreads some rumors about faulty PS4s and lemmings eat it up.