Update: Killzone will be peer to peer.

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Its not true P2P and its not truly DS either. Hybrid

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I think Sony will find a solution for dedicated servers eventually, probably with Gaikai whenever that launches, guess another Sony gen of "just you wait!", the true battlecry of the madcow

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

This thread needs ronvalencia.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

I see this thread has reached its peak in Cow Damage Control

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy said:

You try really hard man I'll give you that.

You cant see the fact Sony have seen what Microsoft could get away with and now have started charging. Perhaps if they had they wouldn't have had to sell buildings.

If Sony could put all the extra features behind a paywall they would. They already have agreements with these companies (such as Netflix) to say they wouldn't do it. They are charging for multiplayer because that's all they can charge for.

Sony have to pay for these games they are offering. Which means less money to go on improving other things. If you had a choice would you really want these free games or would you want proper dedicated servers for 1st party games such as killzone.

You make out like Sony really cares, but really its all about what money they can make just the same as Microsoft.

Oh and don't forget PSN games are rented, while Xbox Live games are not.

In the UK I can pay £12.99/$20 and have 3 new release (1 month old) games at any one time.

You know when some one is loosing and argument when its start to pull irrelevant crap like sony selling building.hahaha

That make the xbox one and even bigger embarrassment,after all been outgunned with more powerful hardware by a company who had to sell its building to stay afloat is really an embarrassment,it makes the beating even worse,oh and to think sony is actually enjoying higher pre-order numbers and even multiplatforms games are been pre-order more on PS4..haha

That is a joke Netflix is free every where nice try,the only platform that charge you for accessing netflix is MS,and it does so with other free apps as well,like hulu,facebook,HBO go and many other all are free on all devices that carry them but the xbox 360 and xbox one.

The fact that sony charge for PSN+ now and online play is not part of it basically kill your whole argument sony is charging now for PSN+ and online is not tied to it, so yeah online is not the only thing sony can charge for.

Sony has an arrangement with this companies,much like Blockbuster and any renting service had.

Dude games on PS consoles had been on servers before xbox live was even release,but now all were on servers.

Yeah is about money get the one milking its costumers has been MS,$100 dollars for a network adapter.? $100 dollars for a 20GB HDD,? Dude the PS2 got and HDD was 40GB and came with FF11 and was $99 dollars.

Yes i prefer to rent games and get new ones or at least fresh,that owning a damn 8 year old game like crackdown or a 6 year old game like halo 3,hell they could at least give Halo Reach and not look so bad,this company has billions to burn and invested 500 millions just promoting Kinect,yet they can give you Halo reach which already is old as well but not as much as Halo 3.

If the xbox 360 was design to milk users the xbox one will be MS cash cow,in fact you can compare styles the company that had to sold their building will lose like $60 dollars per PS4,yet the company that make billions will break even or make a small profit on each hardware sold because it hardware is over priced.

At least sony knows what profits on this market taste like,if it wasn't for windows MS would be on the gutter now..hahaha

Errr how much was PS3 at launch?? Mega money for a hyped console with no games.

As per other posts your dedication is impressive but calm down man. ITS A GAMES CONSOLE nothing more.

Xbox Live will have dedicated servers and PSN will have peer to peer with a bit of server help if you are lucky. Enjoy your free rented games cos that's where the money is going. You are too blind to actually admit PSN have been catching up with Xbox Live all last gen and it will be doing the same this gen.

PS4 has the graphics, Xbox has the online/multiplayer. How much that will impact time will tell.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I guess this explains why Sony are charging for online play now....oh wait...HAHA

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

This is so annoying and this is coming from someone that isn't getting a PS4. I can't believe Sony would allow this after charging for online in 2014 but i also know that Cows don't care as they aren't used to playing games that have good online and dedicated servers is something the PS5 will probably have. I'm sure they will still worship the ground that Sony walk on and would probably get on the floor and be a foot rest for anyone that worked at Sony simply because of the nostalgia they have for Playstation.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#108 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Lol paying for P2P

Lol killzone

Lol Killzone online

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

Lol ouch ps4 crash and burn. Sad that I want both consoles but sony fanboys absolutely disgust me,

Bren128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bren128
Member since 2003 • 2358 Posts

Did you guys even read the article? Its not truly P2P smh

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#111 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Well that was kinda disappointing to hear maybe the MP will eventually go F2P like the last one

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@R4gn4r0k: Well it can be. There are many different ways of doing peer to peer. Usually client side hit detection sends a signal to the server which updates the other clients. You could technically write that to send the signals directly to the server and the other client at the same time. Maybe that is what they are doing. Generally peers don't directly talk to each other and they just connect to one of the other peer's game hosted on their machine. I was wrong and I didn't mean to mislead you there.

I'm not convinced that they are utilizing 100% P2P for this game. They seem to be implementing a hybrid solution that utilizes local client power as well as a dedicated server.

P2P is actually fine until the host changes and it does give the host an unfair advantage. I have no idea.

This is why I say they should just keep their mouths shut. As long as the end result is playable with no major issues then there is nothing to worry about. The end result is all that matters.

No worries. You actually informed me :)

You are right: we should judge the game's multiplayer interface when it has been launched. If it can do large maps with many people without lag then it's not just P2P but perhaps a hybrid.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

I knew this news would cause waves.

Oh well. I've been dealing with P2P for a while now.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Payin for p2p is lame. Sounds like the only thing sonys servers do it host match makin like alot of 360 games did. PS4 online = 360 XBL comfirmed?

urbansys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By urbansys
Member since 2003 • 235 Posts

Is tormentos REALLY talking and bragging about the past?? You know someone is in trouble when the next "big" console is still stuck on yesterdays tech and you have to defend it. I don't feel bad for you one bit. Even funnier is he is talking how xbox live cost money when PSN is about to cost money for the same crap service. Xbox live is about to get a huge upgrade and guess what, NO ADDITIONAL COST. ROFL!!

Ill enjoy my MP gaming experience sooo much more with dedicated servers. I honestly couldn't stand block ops 2 lag compensation so much that i stopped playing it all together. Because i play so much MP, dedicated servers means a lot to me.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@Wasdie said:

It's a hybrid system with some of it still using dedicated servers. I don't know why they even bother telling this to people, it just starts a flame war. People wouldn't be any wiser if they wouldn't say a word about it.

True..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Wasdie said:

It's a hybrid system with some of it still using dedicated servers. I don't know why they even bother telling this to people, it just starts a flame war. People wouldn't be any wiser if they wouldn't say a word about it.

True..

Great points.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@Wasdie said:

True..

Great points.

True..

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Paying for online is one thing, but paying for P2P, that is horrendous.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Mother of god I seriously hope tormentos is okay. System wars is just a bit of fun but there are real people behind keyboards and I genuinely fear for his health.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Granted that it's a hybrid, but it still brings lulz with regards to the whole "paying for P2P" argument.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

If it's like Killzone 2 and 3, that's fine with me. Those severs worked fine. Fine enough that I would have thought they were dedicated (if they weren't). I don't recall ever having a "host migration" and getting kicked from games almost never happens either.

If they are taking a step-back from Killzone 2/3 my opinion would be more negative. Look at every Call of Duty from this gen and how the game pauses 5 seconds when there is a "host migration" - and that was supposed to be the leading shooter this gen. I don't want any of that type of crap introduced into Killzone. So hopefully they are just keeping the same structure going forward... since it actually worked. I guess it's wait and see to find out how the final product works.