Update: Fallout 4 trademark filed by Bethesda

  • 100 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by IgGy621985 (4816 posts) -

Or is that 10 hours? I'm not sure.

Anyway, the 2299 site appeared online, which might actually be Fallout 4, because Bethesda apparently registered the domain.

Yay, moar stiff NPC animations! Can't wait!

What do you think System Wars?

--

Update: Fallout 4 trademark filed by Bethesda! Well, it's official dudes!

#2 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

From the source code - http://prepareforthefuture.com

"img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_pinch.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_apo.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_battlesh_cov.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_river.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst01.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst02.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bk_wads_atheneum.png">"

Also, looks like 26days 10hours:21minutes:

#4 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

FTW

#5 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

One of my favourite franchises.
Can't wait !

#6 Edited by IgGy621985 (4816 posts) -

@danabo said:

From the source code - http://prepareforthefuture.com

"img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_pinch.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_apo.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_battlesh_cov.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_river.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst01.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst02.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bk_wads_atheneum.png">"

Also, looks like 26days 10hours:21minutes:

Well, this basically confirms it. It must be Fallout. Yay!

#7 Posted by speedfog (3221 posts) -

Day one.

#8 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@danabo said:

From the source code - http://prepareforthefuture.com

"img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_pinch.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_apo.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_battlesh_cov.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_river.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst01.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bst02.png"> <img src="http://prepareforthefuture.com/static/00_posters/04_poster_bk_wads_atheneum.png">"

Also, looks like 26days 10hours:21minutes:

Well, this basically confirms it. It must be Fallout. Yay!

I can't think of anything else it could be.

"So, if you're asking whether or not it's hinting at fallout, yes it is. It's not meant to be clear, but it's there if you're looking hard enough.

The Atheneum is in Pennsylvania, which is part of the current US Commonwealth. So, have that in your craw.

<img src="http://prepareforthe...ds_atheneum.png">

Battleship Cove is in Maryland, which is also part of the Commonwealth (in fallout lore).

<img src="http://prepareforthe...attlesh_cov.png">

The images don't work, because the website was changed to redirect back to the main site after New Vegas was released. They held some videos and spoilers for NV and F3.

http://fallout.wikia..._for_the_Future

http://www.brohoof.com/forums/topic/46220-the-survivor-2299/"

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

#10 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.
For sure.

#11 Posted by Ballroompirate (23012 posts) -

Eww another Failout game

#12 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Hopefully it's not a buggy mess.

Would be cool if they used the same engine used in Metro Last Light to achieve that gritty atmosphere.

#13 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@Sagem28: exactly. We all know what to expect for a bethesda fallout game. Ocean wide puddle deep

#14 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

a buggy mess.

It's gonna be.
It's Bethesda after all.

Sadly, they take time to become fully playable.

#15 Posted by IgGy621985 (4816 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

Well, Zenimax owns the IP, so it's logical they'll hire their in-house studio to make the game, since F3 was highly praised among the press. But yeah, I also kind of wanted Obsidian.

#16 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

For a gaming forum, some people here sure do hate games.

Day one for me.

#17 Posted by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Day one.

This type of games are best to be played 6 months after the release.(You know plenty of good mods to chooses, no bugs, etc)

#18 Posted by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

Very good......can't wait for the next Fallout game on PS4.

#19 Posted by kipsta77 (1013 posts) -

@speedfog said:

Day one.

Absolutely no question! Am I the only one who loves Fallout much more than TES?

#20 Edited by PAL360 (26925 posts) -

Oh boy, i hope it's true! And please, next gen/PC only and no more loadings between interior and exteriors.

#21 Edited by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Dear Lord! Please be true.

#22 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

Absolutely no question! Am I the only one who loves Fallout much more than TES?

I give them equal footing. Enjoy them both.

#23 Edited by Planeforger (15789 posts) -
@kipsta77 said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

Absolutely no question! Am I the only one who loves Fallout much more than TES?

I also prefer Fallout to TES...which is why I'll try to avoid all future Fallout games made by Bethesda.

I've seen no evidence suggesting that Bethesda actually understands anything about the franchise - their one attempt at a Fallout game just felt like FutureTES.

Anyway, why would anyone buy this day one? It probably won't be playable until modders fix it, weeks after release.

#24 Posted by kipsta77 (1013 posts) -

@danabo said:

@kipsta77 said:

@speedfog said:

Day one.

Absolutely no question! Am I the only one who loves Fallout much more than TES?

I give them equal footing. Enjoy them both.

Fair enough, can't fault you there.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (40870 posts) -

More of a TES kinda guy. I'd be excited if Obsidian was making it.

#27 Edited by Boddicker (2783 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

Agreed.

What Bethesda with F3 was a travesty!!!! Fallout 1/2 were hard. Damn hard!!!! You didn't get perks every level. You didn't get this bullshit when confronted with an insurmountable wall:

[Strength 8] Break thru the wall

[Perception 7] Look for a way around the wall

[Charisma 7] Charm the wall

[Intelligence 6] Rig a pulley system to get yourself over a wall

[Agility 7] Dance over the wall

[Luck 8] Hope something really bad happens to the wall

[Explosives 50] Blow up the wall

When all that fails you can still stack crates to get over the wall!!!!!

The reason a lot of people view F3 with more fondness than FNV are mainly nostalgia and the "newness" of the experience. We never got to walk around a fully 3D wasteland before. By the time Obsidian's followup FNV it was old hat. Especially because it used the exact same engine, and it was given half the development time of F3 so it was buggy as hell and certain areas and factions (the Strip, Caesar's Legion, etc.) didn't receive the attention they deserved. The Strip was supposed to be a lot bigger, and Caesar's Legion receive MUCH more quests (and probably a NPC or two). Even with all that it still turned out to be a real gem and IMHO the best RPG of last gen.

That said I will still buy F4. If anything in the vain hopes that Bethesda learned a lesson, which is highly doubtful, but in hopes that Obsidian will be tapped to make the next one.

#28 Edited by MonsieurX (30407 posts) -

Van Burren or gtfo.

#29 Posted by kraken2109 (13067 posts) -

Just started fallout 3 again with some great mods.

I look forward to 4. Doubt i'll buy at release though, i'll probably wait for the inevitable issues to get fixed first, either by Bethesda or the community.

#30 Edited by IgGy621985 (4816 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Van Burren or gtfo.

Wasteland 2 will be a proper alternative.

#31 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Its pretty much been debunked as a hoax, especially considering the domain is in Poland.

#32 Edited by david61983 (188 posts) -

Should be cool. Anyone wanna guess on where the setting will be?

#33 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@Gargus said:

Its pretty much been debunked as a hoax, especially considering the domain is in Poland.

"Domain name resolves to 5.133.13.121 which has a reverse lookup of d13121.vibiznes.pl and that's some hosting company in Poland.

Does Bethesda use random Polish hosting companies? See: http://vibiznes.pl/

Edit: The source of the hoax being in Poland would explain the D/M/Y formatting of the morse code. Whoever rigged this thing up probably didn't even think to convert to M/D/Y which is the style of date an American person/company would use."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1qm8xf/bethesda_registers_new_domain_the_entire_thing_is/cde85on

Sigh.

#34 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

might be worth getting an XB1 / PS4 after all.

#35 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Awesome, always up for more Fallout!

There's some special charm in modding the crap out of broken Bethesda games, hoping to make them playable! :P

#36 Posted by da_illest101 (7519 posts) -

I hope is not bethesda who makes it, don't want them to waste their time working on that crappy series instead of making the elder scroll 6

#37 Posted by RedentSC (690 posts) -

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fallout.css">

Also from the source code... completely confirmed boys... get hyped!

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (47226 posts) -

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

#39 Edited by SUD123456 (4485 posts) -

Do want

#40 Edited by Planeforger (15789 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

That was an attempt at humour, I hope?

I mean, say what you want about Obsidian, but they have released a few games that have been stable straight out of the box. I don't think you could say the same for Bethesda.

#41 Edited by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Will Bathesda be releasing the beta version for full price as usual?

3 years beta testing minimum or bust.

#42 Posted by scoots9 (3203 posts) -

I don't think I can get hyped for a Bethesda game again after being disappointed twice in a row.

#43 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22139 posts) -

rather is obsidian or bethesda making the game, I can't wait. Love me some fallout. Just ditch gamebryo and use id engine please.

#44 Edited by mems_1224 (47226 posts) -

@Planeforger said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

That was an attempt at humour, I hope?

I mean, say what you want about Obsidian, but they have released a few games that have been stable straight out of the box. I don't think you could say the same for Bethesda.

New Vegas was not one of them. That game was completely broken at launch and it was an incredibly boring setting

#45 Posted by bulby_g (1130 posts) -

A definite day 1 for me. I would wait for some bug ironing but I wont be able to resist.

#46 Posted by PannicAtack (21037 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Planeforger said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

That was an attempt at humour, I hope?

I mean, say what you want about Obsidian, but they have released a few games that have been stable straight out of the box. I don't think you could say the same for Bethesda.

New Vegas was not one of them. That game was completely broken at launch and it was an incredibly boring setting

It was still better than Fallout 3 in every way that matters.

#47 Edited by uninspiredcup (8882 posts) -

Will it be turn based?

#48 Posted by toast_burner (21724 posts) -

I hope it's closer to New Vegas than Fallout 3.

New Vegas felt more like a sequel to Fallout 2 than Fallout 3 did.

#50 Posted by wis3boi (31455 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Bethesda making? No fvcking thank you

We need another GODsidian Fallout.

For sure.

Keep Bugsidian away from my fallout!

They were the only ones who attempted to recreate a modern Fallout game. FO3 was a fucking joke