Unreal Torunament 3 for the 360 and mods questions sorta answered. Should i be

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

worried? Sounds like it might be harder to brings mods to the 360 version due to MS. i really hope it is not the case.  because if it is the case, then yah im just going to get the PC version so i dont have to worry about MS C...ck blocking me becuase they do not approve a certain mod.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4427/Unreal-Tournament-3-Mike-Capps-Video-Interview/

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts
If you have rig that can handle UT3, I don't see why you wouldn't get it for PC.  The mods on PC are loads easier than on a console, plus there are no worries about getting them or not.  Plus, if you wanted, you could get an 360-PC USB controller and use that.  I mean, if you have the rig, use it.
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts
you know M$ they wanna sell it... 
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alfy13
true i am running sli 7900gt and using my 40inch lcd as a monitor. guess i shoud get it for the pc. was going to get it for the 360 so i can play with friends. but since i have been a fan since orignal UT and love the mods i think ill just have to tell my friends that im going with the pc version instead. dont want a chance of MS saying no to player made mods.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alfy13
you know M$ they wanna sell it... Tamarind_Face
it would suck hard if MS does that. espeically when mods are free for the pc community.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
Member since 2007 • 147 Posts
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... alfy13
it would suck hard if MS does that. espeically when mods are free for the pc community.

not only that but its technically difficult to do because of the restrictions XBL has
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

worried? Sounds like it might be harder to brings mods to the 360 version due to MS. i really hope it is not the case.  because if it is the case, then yah im just going to get the PC version so i dont have to worry about MS C...ck blocking me becuase they do not approve a certain mod.

http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/4427/Unreal-Tournament-3-Mike-Capps-Video-Interview/

alfy13
MS clearly has a great symbotic relationship with Epic at this point, via Windows and now the 360's Gears. MS will do what they need to do to make it happen.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... alfy13

developers control the pricing of content, no microsoft n00bs.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... -Me_Ur_Daddy-

not only that but its technically difficult to do because of the restrictions XBL has

again n00bs, DEVELOPERS CONTROL THE PRICING OF CONTENT. NOT MICROSOFT. if Epic says "free" it'll be free. if Epic says 800 points, it'll be 800 points.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

again n00bs, DEVELOPERS CONTROL THE PRICING OF CONTENT. NOT MICROSOFT. if Epic says "free" it'll be free. if Epic says 800 points, it'll be 800 points.

Epic doesn't control mods.
berobnx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 berobnx
Member since 2004 • 2931 Posts
well, i for one will get it for my ps3, much cheaper then upgrading to a better pc, and u can still use mouse and keyboard :>
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Hewkii

we don't know how they'll do the mods for the 360 yet. but there's certainly no reason to presume MS would charge for something that would be free on every other platform. they've shown no history of doing that, so attempting to work from that perspective is simply unjustified and unwarranted.
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dreams-Visions
Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)Perception1
best on PC. wake me when the PS3's UT framerates aren't dropping on up-close explosions.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

uh you are the noob here, im not talking pricing kid, XBL is a closed platform that the ps3 and pc doesnt have to deal with. and its MS choice anyways if they wanna charge for mods not epic. to say they arent thinking about it is just being dumb, they charge to use the service why wouldnt they charge for maps and whatnot, they are gonna charge to play their games online on PC remember ? and even if they did get mods, it most likely wouldnt be all of them.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
[QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)Dreams-Visions
best on PC. wake me when the PS3's UT framerates aren't dropping on up-close explosions.

get a clue, the last showing was the ps3 version and it was awesome, they been working on it longer than the 360 version so if anything the 360 one will be the one chugging.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

we don't know how they'll do the mods for the 360 yet. but there's certainly no reason to presume MS would charge for something that would be free on every other platform. they've shown no history of doing that, so attempting to work from that perspective is simply unjustified and unwarranted.

Um..how about online gaming? Thats free on every other platform.:?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... -Me_Ur_Daddy-

uh you are the noob here, im not talking pricing kid, XBL is a closed platform that the ps3 and pc doesnt have to deal with. and its MS choice anyways if they wanna charge for mods not epic. to say they arent thinking about it is just being dumb, they charge to use the service why wouldnt they charge for maps and whatnot, they are gonna charge to play their games online on PC remember ? and even if they did get mods, it most likely wouldnt be all of them.

do we have any history of MS charging for these kinds of things? NO. so why are we assuming from that perspective? oh, because we biased Cows? Right.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 alfy13

[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

quick quesstion. when has Epic ever controle what mods are avaiable for the PC? because i cant name any for the past 6yyrs now.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... gsx1100

weak. there's a product they're offering. unified everything. easy to use interface. features in a package you can't find anywhere else. do you need the details?
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... alfy13

[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

quick quesstion. when has Epic ever controle what mods are avaiable for the PC? because i cant name for the past 6yyrs now.

that's my point: we don't know how the mods will be handled. they may be released in PACKS, as has been the case in the past. Map packs. weapons mods. character mods. whatever. who knows at this point. if you're referring to totally different games (like Red Orchestra), I don't know if we'll see those kinds of mods on consoles at all. when I say "mod" in this discussion, I'm referring to maps, weapons, and characters.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)-Me_Ur_Daddy-

get a clue, the last showing was the ps3 version and it was awesome, they been working on it longer than the 360 version so if anything the 360 one will be the one chugging.

did you see the GDC video of UT3 for the PS3 or not? because if you did, you'd have seen the framerate chugging in close-encounters. and my first point still remains uncontested: best on PC. still the bottom line.
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
-laughs at people who ever think any console will ever match PC mods-
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
[QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)Dreams-Visions

Yeah, it's true it is best on PC, but unfortunately my crap PC wouldn't be able to run it, and I wouldn't be able to upgrade anytime soon. As for the framerates, Epic will surely fix that, well with their history with games and all.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
[QUOTE="gsx1100"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

weak. there's a product they're offering. unified everything. easy to use interface. features in a package you can't find anywhere else. do you need the details?

The Silver service wich has all the features that a Gold accvount has is free.The only feature missing from a Silver account is the ability to play online. So yeah it looks to me like you paying for something thats free on any other platform there buddy.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)Perception1

Yeah, it's true it is best on PC, but unfortunately my crap PC wouldn't be able to run it, and I wouldn't be able to upgrade anytime soon. As for the framerates, Epic will surely fix that, well with their history with games and all.

agreed.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="gsx1100"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Hewkii"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... gsx1100

The Silver service wich has all the features that a Gold accvount has is free.The only feature missing from a Silver account is the ability to play online. So yeah it looks to me like you paying for something thats free on any other platform there buddy.

it's just a part of the package. they lose money with silver subscribers, but they want it there as an entry point to GOLD, which is the goal. which is where they MAKE money. if everyone was using SILVER, MS would be losing hella money. this really is basic business 101. you're presuming because silver is free that there's no money being lost in it for Microsoft. that's where your argument is lost.
-Me_Ur_Daddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Me_Ur_Daddy-
[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)Dreams-Visions

did you see the GDC video of UT3 for the PS3 or not? because if you did, you'd have seen the framerate chugging in close-encounters. and my first point still remains uncontested: best on PC. still the bottom line.

you do know the game is a year away from release right ? the fact that they say it looks better than gears already is amazing. we all know the pc version of any FPS is better. but the ps3 will support KB/M and mods so its not far behind. i remember seeing an epic interview where they said mods is much easier to do on ps3, and for XBL they are trying their hardest but that it was a "pipe dream" in their own words.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 alfy13
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

quick quesstion. when has Epic ever controle what mods are avaiable for the PC? because i cant name for the past 6yyrs now.

that's my point: we don't know how the mods will be handled. they may be released in PACKS, as has been the case in the past. Map packs. weapons mods. character mods. whatever. who knows at this point. if you're referring to totally different games (like Red Orchestra), I don't know if we'll see those kinds of mods on consoles at all. when I say "mod" in this discussion, I'm referring to maps, weapons, and characters.

yah then for maps weapoins i see where your getting at. i think i must of mis understood yah. but yep i was talking like Red Orchestra etc type of mods.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Could always get the PS3 UT3. =)-Me_Ur_Daddy-

you do know the game is a year away from release right ? the fact that they say it looks better than gears already is amazing. we all know the pc version of any FPS is better. but the ps3 will support KB/M and mods so its not far behind. i remember seeing an epic interview where they said mods is much easier to do on ps3, and for XBL they are trying their hardest but that it was a "pipe dream" in their own words.

1.) who said UT3 looks better than gears? link? 2.) I'm glad we agree that the PC version is the best. 3.) they've more recently said they're pretty confident about 360 mods. but I'm sure you haven't read any of those articles, seeing as how you're a Cow.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dreams-Visions
[QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... alfy13

yah then for maps weapoins i see where your getting at. i think i must of mis understood yah. but yep i was talking like Red Orchestra etc type of mods.

gotcha. do we really think consoles will get those kinds of mods, though? the whole "mod" word is rather grey and means a bunch of different things depending on who's talking (hence the confusion between us even in this thread). so are we looking for whole different games on consoles or simply maps, weapons n' such? I have a hard time picturing Red Orchestra (which had a ton of betas and revisions) hitting a console.
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 alfy13
[QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Dreams-Visions"][QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

gotcha. do we really think consoles will get those kinds of mods, though? the whole "mod" word is rather grey and means a bunch of different things depending on who's talking (hence the confusion between us even in this thread). so are we looking for whole different games on consoles or simply maps, weapons n' such? I have a hard time picturing Red Orchestra (which had a ton of betas and revisions) hitting a console.

yah i cant see a person making one for the 360 or ps3. seems like they would need a kit to be able to produce one.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
[QUOTE="-Me_Ur_Daddy-"][QUOTE="alfy13"][QUOTE="Tamarind_Face"]you know M$ they wanna sell it... Dreams-Visions

oh yea teh noobzzz... Its not the price thing. XBL is a closed net, everything is runed of MS servers and MS has all the controle. If it was a open net like PSN then Epic can choose to let people put their stuff up on their server.