Unreal Engine 4, Frostbite 3 Will Not Support Wii U

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/29/unreal-engine-4-frostbite-3-will-not-support-wii-u

:lol:

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

So much for its a next gen system :P

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (60709 posts) -
Yes, this is old news with multiple threads on each engine's lack of Wii U support already having been posted.
#4 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Mario, Zelda and many other Nintendo IPs will sell on the Wii U, regardless if they support those engines or not.

That said, I doubt third parties will show interest on the Wii U after this.

#5 Posted by nutcrackr (12818 posts) -
EA don't care about the Wii U, so this is no real surprise.
#6 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1330 posts) -

And from the recent Unreal 4 GDC demo, it doesn't look like the PS4 will get proper support either :?

#7 Posted by Basinboy (11368 posts) -

What is most striking is how incredulously Mark Rein responded.

Definitely not good news for Wii U.

#8 Posted by not_wanted (1990 posts) -

Basinboy

I think he was just being honest. The WiiU isn't powerful enough to run it, that's why he said they have  UE3 for the WiiU.

#9 Posted by Basinboy (11368 posts) -

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

not_wanted

I think he was just being honest. The WiiU isn't powerful enough to run it, that's why he said they have  UE3 for the WiiU.

You can be honest and tactful, but Rein's response shows the he knows he isn't going to be able to make any money trying to push UE4 for Wii U so he's just like "F*** it, the thing sucks."
#10 Posted by silversix_ (15761 posts) -
By now everyone know this and even sheep themselves know their system is a failure.
#11 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

Already a thread.

I'm telling the mods to lock this thread down.

INB4LOCK

#12 Posted by Snugenz (12733 posts) -

And from the recent Unreal 4 GDC demo, it doesn't look like the PS4 will get proper support either :?

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

This should be good...

tumblr_inline_mjwsh5DFq71qz4rgp.gif

#13 Posted by ferret-gamer (17363 posts) -

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

Snugenz

This should be good...

They cut out the voxel lighting in UE4 for the PS4, and are instead going to use lightmass like UE3.
#14 Posted by not_wanted (1990 posts) -

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

Basinboy

You can be honest and tactful, but Rein's response shows the he knows he isn't going to be able to make any money trying to push UE4 for Wii U so he's just like "F*** it, the thing sucks."

But even if he wanted he can't because of the weak hardware.

#15 Posted by trollop_scat (2655 posts) -

You kids better REALLY like saving the princess, because that is ALL you're going to be able to do on the Wii U (Mario and Zelda, lulz)...

#16 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

You kids better REALLY like saving the princess, because that is ALL you're going to be able to do on the Wii U (Mario and Zelda, lulz)...

trollop_scat

They also get lego city :lol:

#17 Posted by finalstar2007 (25811 posts) -

trollop_scat

:P

IMAG0798_zps884c17f0.jpg

#18 Posted by Kaszilla (1841 posts) -
Pii U, that shvt stank.
#19 Posted by mariokart64fan (19636 posts) -

finalstar2007

i think you need to look up the term next gen , 

next gen doesnt always mean most powerful ,   sony was in this predicimate 2 times already ,  and look how that worked out for them   then they choose power what happened ? you see , its about business making decisions,      and it dont matter any way any smart person wouldnt buy just one platform , 

theyd pick a combo  , so they  dont miss out on many games if need be ,     and those are  the people who deserve the right to post the pros and the cons of each platform not the person who sits down buys a platform just because its more powerful ,   

that said , wiiu is going to do fine without frostbite 3   /ur4  ,   besides 360 ps3 still put out good enough graphics,     its not like wii where everything will be all blocky and    non realistic/hd

wiiu still has more ram then 360 ps3 to handle more enimies on screen better ai etc ,    i can see if it had 512 coupled with its slow processor  ,  --then id worry but nope it has more ram and 2009 gpu  ,    in other wards its more powerful then ps3 360    but ps4 is more powerful then it ,   

even then that still doesnt say much as to whos going to get the sales its still early in the game 

look at ps3 for your example,      -- and everyone knows the story behind that ,   i shouldnt have to replay it over and over and over , 

its closing in on microsoft its main rival ,      dispite being called a failure dispite costing sony millions -ya people forgot that 

nintendo wiiu at least wont cost nintendo billions out of pocket ,   and will have awsome first party support  and is the cheapest option , ,  for those who are intrested in buying multiple consoles    will know that buying a wiiu and one other next gen platform will be the smart move ,     because buying a 720 ps4 will mostly play all the same games  thered be little seperation ,  

#20 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

mariokart64fan

i think you need to look up the term next gen , 

next gen doesnt always mean most powerful ,   sony was in this predicimate 2 times already ,  and look how that worked out for them   then they choose power what happened ? you see , its about business making decisions,      and it dont matter any way any smart person wouldnt buy just one platform , 

theyd pick a combo  , so they  dont miss out on many games if need be ,     and those are  the people who deserve the right to post the pros and the cons of each platform not the person who sits down buys a platform just because its more powerful ,   

that said , wiiu is going to do fine without frostbite 3   /ur4  ,   besides 360 ps3 still put out good enough graphics,     its not like wii where everything will be all blocky and    non realistic/hd

wiiu still has more ram then 360 ps3 to handle more enimies on screen better ai etc ,    i can see if it had 512 coupled with its slow processor  ,  --then id worry but nope it has more ram and 2009 gpu  ,    in other wards its more powerful then ps3 360    but ps4 is more powerful then it ,   

even then that still doesnt say much as to whos going to get the sales its still early in the game 

look at ps3 for your example,      -- and everyone knows the story behind that ,   i shouldnt have to replay it over and over and over , 

its closing in on microsoft its main rival ,      dispite being called a failure dispite costing sony millions -ya people forgot that 

nintendo wiiu at least wont cost nintendo billions out of pocket ,   and will have awsome first party support  and is the cheapest option , ,  for those who are intrested in buying multiple consoles    will know that buying a wiiu and one other next gen platform will be the smart move ,     because buying a 720 ps4 will mostly play all the same games  thered be little seperation ,  

aint_nobody_got_time_for_that.gif

#21 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

It's pretty sad that the wii u sucks so hard. I really shouldn't have bought the freakin thing. Not that I give a flying f#ck what EA thinks but still, sucks to see jack and shit being the only games on wii u.

#22 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

I remember having huge debates on whether Wiiu was next gen or not. Most people were against my outlook of the Wiiu being current gen. Nice to have a big wig in the industry see it the same way.

#23 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Already a thread.

INB4LOCK

platniumgamer
Douche.
#24 Posted by Mantleman (340 posts) -

Who cares because the Wii U is a console, The PC is the way to go. Besides the UE 4 doesn't look that much better then the UE3.... Rein is a Nintendo hater anyways and didn't want to support the console even if it could handle it.

#25 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

:lol:

#26 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

The loss of the Unreal 4 engine is going to really hurt.

#27 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26849 posts) -

I knew this would happen. Wiiu was basicly catch up to ps3,360 and now sony and ms is moving on to new tech.

#28 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27828 posts) -
Even if Wii U was more powerful, I can assure you that most huge western third parties still wouldn't give a s*** about Nintendo.
#29 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -
[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Already a thread.

INB4LOCK

timbers_WSU
Douche.

Don't you dare talk to Plat like that...
#30 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

Already a thread.

INB4LOCK

platniumgamer

You have no power here.

#31 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Well, would the U handle them any good?

They are DX11 engines and, to my knowledge, the U has only DX10.1-level hardware. (and not particulary strong DX10.1-level hardware for that matter)

Seems to me sticking with UE3 is the better option for WiiU's hardware.

#32 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Already a thread.

INB4LOCK

Wasdie

You have no power here.

Do your job then.

#33 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

Already a thread.

INB4LOCK

platniumgamer

You have no power here.

Do your job then.

I'm doing my job just fine. 

#34 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26188 posts) -

Pretty much nails it then.
WiiU to be a Niche console like the Wii.

#35 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

Well, would the U handle them any good?

They are DX11 engines and, to my knowledge, the U has only DX10.1-level hardware. (and not particulary strong DX10.1-level hardware for that matter)

Seems to me sticking with UE3 is the better option for WiiU's hardware.

nameless12345

Actually this is what I'm thinking. The Unreal engine is DX11 native. PS4 and Next Xbox can do DX11 as well as PCs (obviously). The WiiU just can't. This is actually great news for PC gamers as DX11 is really underutilized today. 

#36 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

You have no power here.

Wasdie

Do your job then.

If by fine you mean awful, then yes, yes you are.

#37 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -

LegatoSkyheart
Niche =/= 100 million consoles sold
#38 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/29/rein-attempts-to-explains-why-he-laughed-at-unreal-engine-4-on-wii-u-laughs-again/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

lol mark rein is still laughing at the Wii U

#39 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/03/29/rein-attempts-to-explains-why-he-laughed-at-unreal-engine-4-on-wii-u-laughs-again/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

lol mark rein is still laughing at the Wii U

GD1551
Laughing at sheep blaming epic for the weak hardware that's in wii-u?
#40 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]Do your job then.

platniumgamer

Please don't get banned. We need you to keep this place safe. :(
#41 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27828 posts) -
[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

MFDOOM1983

100 million consoles sold =/= all of them used by buyers. Didn't Wii have WAY too many reports of Wii's collecting dust, something Iwata himself reported?
#42 Posted by InformerSnow (17 posts) -
stinky console. nobody want it
#43 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8458 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

nintendoboy16

100 million consoles sold =/= all of them used by buyers. Didn't Wii have WAY too many reports of Wii's collecting dust, something Iwata himself reported?

Niche = small market segment Nintendo does not make enough games to consistently satisfy consumers gaming needs. So the issue is not wii appealing to a niche market, but rather wii having no games due to poor 3rd party support.
#44 Posted by Mario1331 (8835 posts) -

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

[QUOTE="Basinboy"]

Basinboy

i just honestly think he saying no. i dont really see how you got all that out of a two letter response

#45 Posted by platniumgamer (3960 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Xaero_Gravity

Whatever happens, happens.

The last man that owned wasdie was "Ispeakfact" and we all know what happened to him. :(

#46 Posted by Mario1331 (8835 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="platniumgamer"]If by fine you mean awful, then yes, yes you are.

platniumgamer

The last man that owned wasdie was "Ispeakfact" and we all know what happened to him. :(

you can get banned from arguing with a mod?

that sucks

#47 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="platniumgamer"]If by fine you mean awful, then yes, yes you are.

platniumgamer

I know but you're too important. Take me instead! I volunteer!
#48 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3186 posts) -

Wii U is neither current nor next-generation. Weird huh.

#49 Posted by Wasdie (50538 posts) -

[QUOTE="platniumgamer"]

[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]Please don't get banned. We need you to keep this place safe. :(Mario1331

you can get banned from arguing with a mod?

that sucks

No. You guys can make whatever connections you want but arguing with a mod will not get you banned.

We don't disclose why users have been banned, but you should know I was not a master moderator when that account was banned.

#50 Posted by Quad4Life (776 posts) -

It's pretty sad that the wii u sucks so hard. I really shouldn't have bought the freakin thing. Not that I give a flying f#ck what EA thinks but still, sucks to see jack and shit being the only games on wii u.

jer_1
What's more shocking is how you didn't expect the Wii U to suck so much, first of all its a last gen console and it"s Nintendo. The Wii sucked, why would the WIi U be any better?