Uncharted looks like 7-8 material *unbiased* OPINION

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MunkeySpunk69
Member since 2005 • 397 Posts
I played the demo and i gotta say that yeah the graphics look great. But i think the game will be too different to be accepted. Look at lair, it had a great, fresh premise but that killed it. but i think uncharted will have better controls than lair so im sayin 7-8.5 tops. It does not deserve a nine IMO. its not gonna get the special name treatment that halo3 got and MGS4 will get so if it wants a nine it will have to work really hard. I dont think that game is gonna be the PS3's first truly great exclusive that will be MGS4 or something i dont know about yet.that is my OPINION but i would like to here others thoughts on the supposed AAA title says cows
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
lair was not fresh. it was rogue squadron over and over again...
MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MunkeySpunk69

yes...buh...it had dragons... and...buh...yeah. i guess your right. but the theme was original for the game type.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
I dont think Uncharted will get a 9.0, i'll say 8.5 the Demo was entertaining and Fun
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
I say you might be right.
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
Anyone know when the GS review of Uncharted will be out?
-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts
Im thinking AA but i have no evidence to back it up because im still DLing the demo :P
MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MunkeySpunk69

but like i said. it doesn't have the kind of history behind it to give it the edge. and i got a question. Didn't naughty dog do crash bandicoot? that was fun, why the swich to realistic gaming? we need better crash games they were fun. but with out some kind of experience, uncharted is looking like a tough sell for any non-die hard sony fans....i bet it'll port if it doesn't get AAA

-Serpahim-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Serpahim-
Member since 2007 • 1627 Posts

but like i said. it doesn't have the kind of history behind it to give it the edge. and i got a question. Didn't naughty dog do crash bandicoot? that was fun, why the swich to realistic gaming? we need better crash games they were fun. but with out some kind of experience, uncharted is looking like a tough sell for any non-die hard sony fans....i bet it'll port if it doesn't get AAA

MunkeySpunk69

Isnt Naughty Dog to sony like Bungie was to MS? So basically no port? Im just asking...

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

yes...buh...it had dragons... and...buh...yeah. i guess your right. but the theme was original for the game type.

MunkeySpunk69

Draken Gaurd ;)

Doomshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doomshine
Member since 2004 • 908 Posts

MunkeySpunk69

They no longer have the rights to Crash (sold to universal I think), they've got Jak & Daxter instead.

And they are first party so no port regardless of score.

De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

MunkeySpunk69

OK you had me believe your unbias until you said this. If you only know Naughty Dog for Crash; then you are uninformed and can't be taken seriously.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

u know what the demo was missing? RUMBLE! The gunplay feels so limp without rumble!!

Still a fun game. Like gears except with more variety in what you can against the enemy. Its pretty challenging too. I tried to just run around and I got killed right away. You really have to take cover, you can't run and gun in this game.

farsendor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 farsendor
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
dont care what this score is this is like tomb raider ill love it.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts

MunkeySpunk69
original themes don't make original gameplay.
The_Crucible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Crucible
Member since 2007 • 3305 Posts
OMG, for you to even put Lair in the same context as Uncharted, you should be beaten.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

u know what the demo was missing? RUMBLE! The gunplay feels so limp without rumble!!

Still a fun game. Like gears except with more variety in what you can against the enemy. Its pretty challenging too. I tried to just run around and I got killed right away. You really have to take cover, you can't run and gun in this game.

Bread_or_Decide
The final game will support rumble.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

haha, you said fresh premise killed Lair? Obviously you have never played it or never read a review. If you did it was obvious the problems of the game came down to bugs and such horrid controls you had to rate it a horrible game.

Two thumbs down comparing the worst game the PS3 had todate to what might be one of the best games it could have to date.

I know you like to say you are unbiased but for the of god....maybe you shouldn't make it so obvious you hate the PS3.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Well its hyped AA..8-8.5, so we'll see I guess.
Polaris_choice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Polaris_choice
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

From what I played it deserves AAA. The gunplay is awesome and the overall visual presentation is the best in console gaming right now one of the best on any platform period. The story also seems like it will be great so if everything holds up well have a solid title. Its also important to notice that the game will support rumble from day one( you just need to find a DS3) it will also support the trophy system in Home as well.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
I agree with the above poster theres lots of great elements in the game this is not lair the controls in this game are smooth and run great didnt have any problems with it at all. It really deserves a AAA IMO but whatever it gets here wont turn the fact that id still buy this game
Big_Gamer_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Big_Gamer_Al
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
Uncharted has a identity crisis , Is it a Gears of War wannabe or is it Tomb Raider wannabe?
ghostofzabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghostofzabis
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts
[QUOTE="MunkeySpunk69"]

Meu2k7

Draken Gaurd ;)

Dragonstrike XD

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Uncharted has a identity crisis , Is it a Gears of War wannabe or is it Tomb Raider wannabe?Big_Gamer_Al

You act as if Gears was the original game to do the cover system and that tomb raider was the first jungle themed game searching for treasure, look up killswitch and then look up Pitfall, you will find your answers there. Other than that everything is copied nowadays, but made into something better or worse in the end.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bread_or_Decide

Uncharted has a identity crisis , Is it a Gears of War wannabe or is it Tomb Raider wannabe?Big_Gamer_Al

I'd like you to meet my friend VARIETY.

It makes games less tedious and more fun.

BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Uncharted has a identity crisis , Is it a Gears of War wannabe or is it Tomb Raider wannabe?Bread_or_Decide

I agree, Alex likes it because he praises it in SMG. Only Aaron hates variety.

I like it also, I was expected Uncharted to be trashy gunplay, but it isn't. I am so ready to play this game. :(

MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MunkeySpunk69

haha, you said fresh premise killed Lair? Obviously you have never played it or never read a review. If you did it was obvious the problems of the game came down to bugs and such horrid controls you had to rate it a horrible game.

Two thumbs down comparing the worst game the PS3 had todate to what might be one of the best games it could have to date.

I know you like to say you are unbiased but for the of god....maybe you shouldn't make it so obvious you hate the PS3.

darthogre

you know, since i dont have many posts under my belt, maybe i am realizing this really late...but when i type it out, its seems totally unbiased. but then i read it and im totally wrong. i gotta think before i post. but i dont hate the PS3, well maybe i do. but i dont hate the games. I want uncharted to succeed and call me a fanboy but it doesnt seem like sony's flagship. I know they'll have one but god forbid its got to be every hyped game, "you wait uncharted's gonna destroy the 360 library" i've heard that phrase soo many times with soo many games, hell i've even head it with lair. i think its mainly because sony fans dont have a real untouchable hands down unbelievable game and they are getting anxious so they overhype EVERYTHING...but thats just me

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

[QUOTE="Big_Gamer_Al"]Uncharted has a identity crisis , Is it a Gears of War wannabe or is it Tomb Raider wannabe?BlazeDragon132

I agree, Alex likes it because he praises it in SMG. Only Aaron hates variety.

I like it also, I was expected Uncharted to be trashy gunplay, but it isn't. I am so ready to play this game. :(

Only shooter fans complain about variety in gameplay. I swear. "Darn you mean I can't just duck n shoot for 12 hours? that sux!!!"

darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
[QUOTE="darthogre"]

MunkeySpunk69

you know, since i dont have many posts under my belt, maybe i am realizing this really late...but when i type it out, its seems totally unbiased. but then i read it and im totally wrong. i gotta think before i post. but i dont hate the PS3, well maybe i do. but i dont hate the games. I want uncharted to succeed and call me a fanboy but it doesnt seem like sony's flagship. I know they'll have one but god forbid its got to be every hyped game, "you wait uncharted's gonna destroy the 360 library" i've heard that phrase soo many times with soo many games, hell i've even head it with lair. i think its mainly because sony fans dont have a real untouchable hands down unbelievable game and they are getting anxious so they overhype EVERYTHING...but thats just me

HOnestly you know what gave away the fact you just hate the PS3....it went from the game sucks to "well it'll probably be ported to X360 anyways" lol.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
i think it'll be sony's best exclusive to date
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#31 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I played the demo and i gotta say that yeah the graphics look great. But i think the game will be too different to be accepted. Look at lair, it had a great, fresh premise but that killed it. but i think uncharted will have better controls than lair so im sayin 7-8.5 tops. It does not deserve a nine IMO. its not gonna get the special name treatment that halo3 got and MGS4 will get so if it wants a nine it will have to work really hard. I dont think that game is gonna be the PS3's first truly great exclusive that will be MGS4 or something i dont know about yet.that is my OPINION but i would like to here others thoughts on the supposed AAA title says cowsMunkeySpunk69
I agree... Except I don't think it's too 'different.' I think it's more of the same, and that' my biggest problem with it. I had it preordered and I decided to cancel after I got some hands on time.

I was about to start a similar thread myself. So far it seems everyone is really impressed, but I'm just not feeling it. The controls were loose, the graphics nice but not as good as everyone here seems to think, and the characters and setting just felt a little generic to me. I suspect this game will be recieved similarly to Heavenly Sword. But when I played the Heavenly Sword demo, I was blown away. Not so with Drake. I agree that PS3 owners are so desperate for quality exclusives it distorts their perceptions. I predict an 8 or so.

MunkeySpunk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MunkeySpunk69

[QUOTE="MunkeySpunk69"]I played the demo and i gotta say that yeah the graphics look great. But i think the game will be too different to be accepted. Look at lair, it had a great, fresh premise but that killed it. but i think uncharted will have better controls than lair so im sayin 7-8.5 tops. It does not deserve a nine IMO. its not gonna get the special name treatment that halo3 got and MGS4 will get so if it wants a nine it will have to work really hard. I dont think that game is gonna be the PS3's first truly great exclusive that will be MGS4 or something i dont know about yet.that is my OPINION but i would like to here others thoughts on the supposed AAA title says cowsdonalbane

I agree... in fact I was about to start a similar thread myself. So far it seems everyone is really impressed, but I'm just not feeling it. The controls were loose, the graphics nice but not as good as everyone here seems to think, and the setting just felt a little generic. I suspect this game will be recieved similarly to Heavenly Sword. But when I played the Heavenly Sword demo, I was blown away. Not so with Drake.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Heavenly sword was amazing, but not at that peak that all games want to acheive. I still think uncharted will be amazing, but the few problems (like falicies in the graphics) that would be overlooked for a larger game (halo 3) will be all the gs reviewers have to go on. i will not be getting uncharted. right now im looking forward to army of two
aerman176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aerman176
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
Lair was basically Rogue Squadron with dragons. Also, it was the god awful controls that killed it, not the concept. As for Uncharted, I've never played the demo so I can't really judge it, but it looks to be in a completely different league than Lair, so comparing the two is pointless.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

this game delivers.

8.0-9.0

Terram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Terram
Member since 2004 • 2222 Posts
[QUOTE="MunkeySpunk69"]

Meu2k7

Draken Gaurd ;)

Drakengard* sucked hard, as does Lair.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

I played the demo and i gotta say that yeah the graphics look great. But i think the game will be too different to be accepted. Look at lair, it had a great, fresh premise but that killed it. but i think uncharted will have better controls than lair so im sayin 7-8.5 tops. It does not deserve a nine IMO. its not gonna get the special name treatment that halo3 got and MGS4 will get so if it wants a nine it will have to work really hard. I dont think that game is gonna be the PS3's first truly great exclusive that will be MGS4 or something i dont know about yet.that is my OPINION but i would like to here others thoughts on the supposed AAA title says cowsMunkeySpunk69

Well I played the demo last night at my friends house and all I can say is wow. It almost feels like a movie. Theres all these little things you can do that make it so much better. Hand to hand combat is really cool and the gun animations are top notch.

This is is pretty much gears meets MGS meets tomb raider. And some other games I forgot.

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
The premise had nothing to do with Lair's fall - the craptacular controls did.