Uncharted is going to take a huge dump on Halo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BadNewsBarrage (42 posts) -

#2 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

Halo First Person Shooter = / = Uncharted Third person adventure

#3 Posted by Shewgenja (8511 posts) -

I do wonder if any of the "newcomers" on PS4 will circle back and get a PS3 once they play they new Uncharted.

#4 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Halo = Mediocre first person shooter with a generic story, how many first person shooter we need? People are going to skipped Halo and go for Destiny this gen.

Uncharted = Third person adventure shooter with puzzle, strong story and character, and a little stealth

#5 Edited by lamprey263 (23294 posts) -

the last Halo was crap I bet Knack already took a shit on it, Halo is nothing without Bungie

#6 Posted by hippiesanta (9817 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

so? .... this is about the battle of exclusive

#7 Edited by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

Quoting Richard Nixon (who took the quote from Abraham Lincoln)

Uncharted cannot defeat or humiliate Halo. Only Halo can do that.

#8 Edited by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

the last Halo was crap I bet Knack already took a shit on it, Halo is nothing without Bungie

I was a huge Halo fan, but ever since bungie left, it sucks now. Bungie are developing Destiny and it will be the #1 shooter in 2014.

#9 Posted by lamprey263 (23294 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I was a huge Halo fan, but ever since bungie left, it sucks now. Bungie are developing Destiny and it will be the #1 shooter in 2014.

looking forward to that as well

#10 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Does it really matter? Uncharted is a tomb raider rip off. Halo 3 dominated the entire uncharted franchise..... next

#11 Posted by drekula2 (1906 posts) -

its funny how killzone, resistance and haze tried to knock out halo

but halo reach and halo 4 destroyed the series

#12 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3136 posts) -

Crap thread is a crap thread...no intelligent logic to it at all...

#13 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Does it really matter? Uncharted is a tomb raider rip off. Halo 3 dominated the entire uncharted franchise..... next

If anything, the new tomb raider copied uncharted

#14 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Dude, come on. The game is identail to the concept of tomb raider. The new Tomb Raider maybe more serious and darker , but its true to its roots and uncharted is a rip off. Also every IP for PS is gonna destory Halo. Resistance, Infamous, Killzone and yes Uncharted. This isnt the first time Uncharted is gonna supposedly destory Halo. It wont happen.

#15 Edited by cainetao11 (16995 posts) -

Destroy it in what sense? Sales? Review scores? I love both. Uncharted 3 was great imo, but 2 was better. Halo 4, well I thank god I don't see games the way many here do. I don't see what was so bad about it. I fvckin loved it. Look forward to a new Halo more than another Uncharted though. I like ND's creativity and after TLOU would like to see something new from them.

#16 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Dude, come on. The game is identail to the concept of tomb raider. The new Tomb Raider maybe more serious and darker , but its true to its roots and uncharted is a rip off. Also every IP for PS is gonna destory Halo. Resistance, Infamous, Killzone and yes Uncharted. This isnt the first time Uncharted is gonna supposedly destory Halo. It wont happen.

Looks like you were already owned in another thread for making this same comment. Why did you run away? LMFAAAOOOOOO!!!!

#17 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

Looks like you were already owned in another thread for making this same comment. Why did you run away? LMFAAAOOOOOO!!!!

So you can get on your alt account and cite a bunch of awards as the reason that Uncharted is great, but you can't accept winning a bunch of awards as a reason to be excited about Titanfall?

Typical fanboy double-standards. Exactly what I expect from a completely shameless fanboy.

#18 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8797 posts) -

Halo: a first person shooter series that cares about gameplay and offers a lot of story and lore

Uncharted: a third person shooter series that doesn't give much care to gameplay, but offers cheap cinematic thrills

take your pick

#19 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

So you can get on your alt account and cite a bunch of awards as the reason that Uncharted is great, but you can't accept winning a bunch of awards as a reason to be excited about Titanfall?

Typical fanboy double-standards. Exactly what I expect from a completely shameless fanboy.

LMAO How does wht you just said make sense? The link in that post goes to an interview with the makers of the TR reboot explaining how Uncharted influences them. It doesn't say anything about awards, dumbass. For someone who follows me around I would've thought you're keeping track of what's being said.

Oh, and for the billionth time, since you're sooo stupid you don't realize it, I already said I'm not in the place to tell people why they should be excited for a game. And I clearly said that I see all the awards but I don't see where they're coming from, which was the original question of the OP. What makes the game special? People said the fun factor and I accepted and said ok. And that's where it should have ended.

#20 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@the_bi99man said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

LMAO How does wht you just said make sense? The link in that post goes to an interview with the makers of the TR reboot explaining how Uncharted influences them. It doesn't say anything about awards, dumbass. For someone who follows me around I would've thought you're keeping track of what's being said.

Not talking about the link. Talking about the post.

"Uncharted influences everyone's game not just Tomb Raider. How can it not? You don't get better then 30+ game of the years."

You cite awards as a reason that Uncharted is great, but won't accept awards as a reason to be excited about another game, which just so happens to not be coming to a Playstation platform. You are a fanboy. End of story. What's really sad is that you seem to honestly not realize that everybody knows you're just another mindless Sony drone. Cut your losses and make a new account. Try not to be such an emotional and aggressive cock next time. Maybe people will take you seriously.

#21 Posted by CleanPlayer (9790 posts) -

I think Uncharted is vastly superior to Halo in terms of storytelling and charm, but Halo will still sell more because it resonates more with the casual gamer. I like both franchises, but I'm much more excited to see what Naughty Dog is gonna do after the Last of Us

#22 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@the_bi99man said:

@John_Matherson said:

@mrxboxone said:

Not talking about the link. Talking about the post.

"Uncharted influences everyone's game not just Tomb Raider. How can it not? You don't get better then 30+ game of the years."

You cite awards as a reason that Uncharted is great, but won't accept awards as a reason to be excited about another game, which just so happens to not be coming to a Playstation platform. You are a fanboy. End of story. What's really sad is that you seem to honestly not realize that everybody knows you're just another mindless Sony drone. Cut your losses and make a new account. Try not to be such an emotional and aggressive cock next time. Maybe people will take you seriously.

Ok, so wait...In the context of him bringing up TR and saying Uncharted is a ripoff of the game, I posted a quote from TR creator himself saying the game was influenced by Uncharted...but I'm glad you're such an idiot nitpicker that the irrelevant GOTY is the only part you noticed. See, you're so obsessed countering everything I say that you're actually blinded. If I was to say Water is a fluid, you'd immediately say no it's not before you think and realize what you just said. GET A LIFE!

#23 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

The problem with that "owning me", is they are referring to the cinematic experience. My statement is the fact that the backdrop of Uncharted is identical to Tomb Raider. You honestly dont believe that the concept of uncharted is unique to the Series? I know your not that foolish. Or is it the fact that i pissed you off so royally that i actually got you to use profanity and rant over Titanfall? What awards for Titanfall are you skeptical about? Why are you even questioning the awards its received? I have seen you brag about The Order and how its going to be one of the best games of the year.....so my question to you is simply this, What about that game do you find appealing when litterally nothing is hardly known about it? Nothing about that game looks fun or interesting. The screenshots are out of focus and blurry. Titanfall is continually gaining speed and everyone who has played it raves about it. Not one game for the PS4 is being talked about. Uncharted wont be out until 2015 or 2016. Not one game for the PS4 has the PR that Titanfall and quantum break has. Infamous Second Son is your only contender. The rest suck. Enjoy your indies.

#24 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Ok, so wait...In the context of him bringing up TR and saying Uncharted is a ripoff of the game, I posted a quote from TR creator himself saying the game was influenced by Uncharted...

Good that you've flat-out admitted that Wasted Wisdom is your alt. Just another reason for nobody to ever take you seriously. So I'll reiterate.

What's really sad is that you seem to honestly not realize that everybody knows you're just another mindless Sony drone. Cut your losses and make a new account. Try not to be such an emotional and aggressive cock next time. Maybe people will take you seriously.

#26 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

people actually believe that uncharted 4 after Uncharted 3's mixed reception, will somehow crush Halo 5 in sales? Difference being, Halo' 4's mixed reception had more sales than reach..

#27 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Or is it the fact that i pissed you off so royally that i actually got you to use profanity and rant over Titanfall?

That's not hard to do. Johnny Meltdown basically does nothing but get royally pissed off, use profanity and rant over silly video game bickering. It's actually getting less amusing at this point. Just sad and pathetic. Another couple days of this nonsense, and I might have to call it quits and adblock him. Hell, the fact that he's actually Wasted_Wisdom is enough reason for that.

Oh well. It's been a good run.

#28 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

Ok, so wait...In the context of him bringing up TR and saying Uncharted is a ripoff of the game, I posted a quote from TR creator himself saying the game was influenced by Uncharted...

Good that you've flat-out admitted that Wasted Wisdom is your alt. Just another reason for nobody to ever take you seriously. So I'll reiterate.

What's really sad is that you seem to honestly not realize that everybody knows you're just another mindless Sony drone. Cut your losses and make a new account. Try not to be such an emotional and aggressive cock next time. Maybe people will take you seriously.

I did that 5 hours in caps lock dumbass. Again for someone who follows me around you're not tracking as much as you should be!

#29 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

John and the rest of the cows, just can not accept the fact no matter what, they will never have a game reach Halo's level. Halo 3 sold more copies world wide then any other PS3 exclusive by over 3 million. Halo 3 alone has sold more then the entire naughty dog library. Halo 4 has sold more then any naughty dog game, any God of War game and any Killzone game. This is not an opinion ok, this is a full blown fact. Im sorry but that is theway it is. The Halo franchinse dominated every single exclusive for the PS3. And there is nithing to lead people to believe that ut will change. Halo is the biggest game series in the US and second in the world next to Mario.

#30 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

John and the rest of the cows, just can not accept the fact no matter what, they will never have a game reach Halo's level.

Pretty sure GT is pretty damn close. Before GT6 that is.

#31 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

The problem with that "owning me", is they are referring to the cinematic experience. My statement is the fact that the backdrop of Uncharted is identical to Tomb Raider. You honestly dont believe that the concept of uncharted is unique to the Series? I know your not that foolish. Or is it the fact that i pissed you off so royally that i actually got you to use profanity and rant over Titanfall? What awards for Titanfall are you skeptical about? Why are you even questioning the awards its received? I have seen you brag about The Order and how its going to be one of the best games of the year.....so my question to you is simply this, What about that game do you find appealing when litterally nothing is hardly known about it? Nothing about that game looks fun or interesting. The screenshots are out of focus and blurry. Titanfall is continually gaining speed and everyone who has played it raves about it. Not one game for the PS4 is being talked about. Uncharted wont be out until 2015 or 2016. Not one game for the PS4 has the PR that Titanfall and quantum break has. Infamous Second Son is your only contender. The rest suck. Enjoy your indies.

Don'ttwist your words, you inconsistent dumbass. You were saying the uncharted game concept is pretty much a rip off of TR which I didn't argue. When a 6 year old franchise influences and forces an almost or over twenty year old more popular and more established one to reboot, That's actually really impressive. You were trying to bash uncharted by saying it's a ripoff and the quote turned it around on you...TRY AGAIN, DUMB TROLL. ANOTHER STUPID LEMMING TO ADD TO MY COLLECTION.

And I was just told by you same idiot lemmings that a game doesn't have to be new or innovative to be good so are you really asking me about titan fall in this thread? And where are you pulling these release dates from?

Oh and since you want to get butt hurt and defend an average looking game, Iactually didn't argue or object the awards. I specifically acknowledged them and said I see the awards but personally don't see what justifies them.

Try again, dumbas!!!!!!

#32 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Both have grown stale and boring

#33 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

John and the rest of the cows, just can not accept the fact no matter what, they will never have a game reach Halo's level. Halo 3 sold more copies world wide then any other PS3 exclusive by over 3 million. Halo 3 alone has sold more then the entire naughty dog library. Halo 4 has sold more then any naughty dog game, any God of War game and any Killzone game. This is not an opinion ok, this is a full blown fact. Im sorry but that is theway it is. The Halo franchinse dominated every single exclusive for the PS3. And there is nithing to lead people to believe that ut will change. Halo is the biggest game series in the US and second in the world next to Mario.

LMAOOO I thought you were going to address quality and content but you brought up sales. and if you were a sheep or hermit I might take you seriously, but if you expect me to take the opinion of people who think HALOGEARSFORZAHALOGEARSPGRHALOGEARSFORZA is a solid library seriously, you should kill yourself. You're the billionth lemming this week to try to use sales to justify a games quality. Yeah if my console only made three franchises throughout a seven year period I would expect that much sales too, dump truck.

#34 Posted by Renegade311 (334 posts) -

Halo = Mediocre first person shooter with a generic story, how many first person shooter we need? People are going to skipped Halo and go for Destiny this gen.

Uncharted = Third person adventure shooter with puzzle, strong story and character, and a little stealth

lol Uncharted story has always been generic, the shooting mechanics blow also. At least the puzzles are good though.

#35 Posted by mems_1224 (46701 posts) -

Nope. Halo is bigger and better than Uncharted could ever hope to be.

#36 Posted by Snugenz (11822 posts) -

Tomb Raider > Uncharted, Halo is it's own worst enemy at this point.

#37 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@John_Matherson said:

I did that 5 hours in caps lock dumbass. Again for someone who follows me around you're not tracking as much as you should be!

The problem is that you think you're worth being followed and/or tracked.

Also, I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about with "I did that 5 hours in caps lock dumbass".

#38 Posted by Jag85 (4402 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Halo = First-Person Shooter

Uncharted = Third-Person Action

#39 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

A bit hard to compare these two games for obvious reasons. One thing I've learnt is you never hype a product up too much, you'll only set yourself up for embarrassment. Now I'm not saying either Halo or Uncharted will flop but there's always that chance.

#40 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Cows begging for a game that won't suck that isn't a iPhone game. (Resogun)

#41 Posted by speedfog (3056 posts) -

A 3 year old can solve the puzzles from Uncharted. That says alot about you.

Strong story? Not even close ;).

#42 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6191 posts) -

ROFL!!!!! You are comparing Uncharted by throwing in a "free for hire" choir in a high school music room? ROFL again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such fail you have achieved.

#43 Posted by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

Maybe on awards but I doubt sales.

#44 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@John_Matherson said:

@the_bi99man said:

@John_Matherson said:

The problem is that you think you're worth being followed and/or tracked.

Also, I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about with "I did that 5 hours in caps lock dumbass".

LOL People take me seriously enough to follow me every thread I go so Yahh. And figure it out, dumbass!

#45 Edited by PAL360 (26749 posts) -

Why compare a FPS to a TPS?

#46 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Just like killzone was a halo killer hahahahahahahahahahahahhajajhahahahjaaj