Uncharted 4 Trailer ran at a locked 60fps (DF)

#1 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

http://www.gamepur.com/video/15125-uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-frame-rate-test-result-entire-trailer-runs-s.html

And it was actually on a PS4

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31657 posts) -

A pre-rendered trailer running at 60fps?

omigash stop the presses

#3 Posted by clyde46 (47549 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

omigash stop the presses

#4 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Enough with the UC propaganda we have 0 gameplay footage. Cows should learn from the mistakes Lems make of believing PR.

#5 Posted by Blabadon (28424 posts) -

Lol trailer framerate wars

#6 Posted by PonchoTaco (2638 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

omigash stop the presses

But it was actually on a PS4

#7 Posted by lostrib (42699 posts) -

zzzzzzzzz boring

#8 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@lostrib said:

zzzzzzzzz boring

Your sig is best ever.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (31657 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@MonsieurX:

It was part of an in game level you butthurt troll..hahahahaha

pre-rendered cutscene in game level

who's the butthurt troll

#11 Posted by melonfarmerz (1282 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@MonsieurX:

No. It was in engine... There's a huge difference. Don't believe the hype until actual gameplay man. There's also a difference between "targeting" 60fps and having it...

#13 Posted by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

I'm glad the ps4 can run pre-rendered cutscenes at 60 FPS like the ps3.

#15 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9392 posts) -

It's only logical to be skeptical of this game's visuals given Naughty Dog's track record. When has one of their games not received a noticeable downgrade in visuals from reveal to final product?

It's not just them either, It's a common practice amongst most developers.

#16 Posted by TheFadeForever (2216 posts) -

A cutscene at 60fps?

#18 Posted by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

@vincent380: You have a copy?

#19 Edited by Gue1 (11368 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@tormentos said:

@MonsieurX:

pre-rendered cutscene in game level

who's the butthurt troll

In-engine cut-scene means that the engine is running at full capacity with its best assets since it doesn't need to account for AI and stuff. Meanwhile pre-rendered means that it was rendered maybe on multiple dev kits or PC and then converted to a video file but this is not the case. This was running in real-time on a single PS4. Another thing to learn is that there are different levels of assets....

#20 Posted by Heil68 (47140 posts) -

Naughty Gods have done it again.

#22 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (4978 posts) -

I thought 30fps was perfect for the "cinematic feel". That's a cutscene, even if in game. OMG Naughty Dogs are ruining the cinamticz feelz.

#23 Posted by AM-Gamer (5243 posts) -

@Pikminmaniac: none of them have. Yes there cut scenes have alyways looked better then in game visuals but perhaps you missed the part where they said that's not the case anymore.

#25 Posted by nini200 (10499 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

omigash stop the presses

#26 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9392 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

For those confused and butthurt:

http://gamingbolt.com/uncharted-4s-trailer-was-a-part-of-an-actual-level-in-the-game-was-all-in-engine

"While we were going hands on with The Order 1886 at E3 2014, GamingBolt’s Leonid Melikov bumped into Naughty Dog’s Studio Coordinator Rodney Reece and Lead FX Artist Keith Guerrette. Although we were not able to conduct a full fledged interview with them, the duo were able to confirm a few interesting points about the trailer for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

They confirmed to us that the Uncharted 4 trailer showcased during Sony’s E3 2014 press conference was a part of an actual level in game. Secondly, they also confirmed that the entire trailer was running in real time on the PlayStation 4 and it was all in-engine."

As you can see, captured on a PS4. Not a PC. Not a mainframe, a single PS4. 'In game visuals'. In 3D, just to clarify. What is there to discuss. Rodney Reece confirms that it's not only real time, but using actual in game assets. So there you go peops.

You can't believe everything you hear my friend. I'm skeptical of any game that looks as good as this one. remember when Sony tricked us all with Killzone 2? They said it was in game, when in fact that demo was 100% CGI.

There is also a good chance the game looks this good right now, but due to optimization and AI etc., it could take a visual plummet by the time of release.

#28 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16185 posts) -

Power of teh cloud.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (43422 posts) -

I really wanna see this game in action. Proper gameplay.

#31 Edited by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@MonsieurX said:

omigash stop the presses

Looks like this thread had delivered.

Lots of butthurt in this thread and denial from desperate lems, shameless closet lems claiming to be hermits and hermit faithful.

Bu but teh a pre-rendered trailerz?

#33 Posted by Spitfire-Six (692 posts) -

Digital Foundry needs to find something else to do besides analyze trailers

#35 Posted by TilxWLOC (1163 posts) -

Yes it is real-time and in-engine, but that does not automatically dispel all doubts. The trailer was scripted and limited in scope; there is no reason to believe that this is what the final product will look like. This is especially true when you think of how hard Sony is pushing to make people think that the PS4 is amazingly powerful and the kind of antagonizing marketing they pulled off throughout the whole conference.

It will still look good, but who cares? People really give Naughty Dog the short end of the stick, I rarely hear people praise them for anything beyond their presentation now. They're really good at design and they have great technical skills. Forget that! Let's focus on how much Uncharted felt like a movie and how great it was to feel like Nathan Drake-- Oh! don't forget how pretty it was!

#36 Posted by tdkmillsy (1705 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

ITT: Butthurt lems are crying because the Xbone 720p is doomed to mediocre graphics for its lifetime.

Yup Destiny running at 720p, ow wait its running at the same resolution and fps as PS4. The 720p/1080p is gone, there will be differences yes but that will be a 180p resolution difference or other affects.

Get with the program.

#37 Posted by Gue1 (11368 posts) -

#38 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11644 posts) -

If it was all in engine and not pre rendered why didn't they show some gameplay? At least a few seconds of it. The trailer looked amazing but I'll hold off on calling bs on it until they show some gameplay. I'd be amazing if it does indeed look like that. For now I'm skeptical.

#39 Edited by lundy86_4 (44299 posts) -

I'll get excited if the game is confirmed to run at 60fps/1080P.

#40 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's not pre rendered. It was real time.

Stop lying. They said same thing about Uncharted 2, 3 and Last of Us... and we all know how this ended.

But this is how the real gameplay looks

#41 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

I'll get excited if the game is confirmed to run at 60fps/1080P.

They said same thing about Killzone, 60fps and 1080p... but game is 30fps and not even 1080p. Even lower res than Titanfall.

#42 Posted by GamersJustGame (323 posts) -

LOL You guys are all funny

#43 Posted by m_machine024 (15152 posts) -

Can't wait to see gameplay footage. Haters will shut up then.

#44 Posted by misterpmedia (4468 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

omigash stop the presses

lol first post comment fail. Awesome.

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's not pre rendered. It was real time.

Stop lying. They said same thing about Uncharted 2, 3 and Last of Us... and we all know how this ended.

But this is how the real gameplay looks

Still trying your upmost hardest I see freedomfreefail. ;)

#45 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3175 posts) -

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

#46 Posted by lglz1337 (4193 posts) -

@MonsieurX: someone is butthurt his master race cannot deliver!

#47 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

I'd be a skeptical skellington if this were anyone else but...Naughty Dog. They know their shit.

#48 Posted by misterpmedia (4468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

TRAILER:

GAMEPLAY:

lmfao we can all tell you're trying way too hard right now. It's adorable. Go off into the internet and cherry pick some screens cupcake.

#50 Edited by lundy86_4 (44299 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Get a grip you goon. You are the biggest most butthurt lem out there it's untrue. With Uncharted 3, ND never confirmed the trailer was using in level assets and running in real time. Show me a link to where they did. Go on. This time round, ND and Sony have something to prove. A new system and their first game on it. They said it was real time and using in game assets. Not only that, but Eurogamer, and other developers have confirmed it.

To clarify. The Uncharted 4 trailer shown at E3 2014 was running in real-time and in-engine using in-game assets at 1080p 60fps. There is no clearer way of putting it. Stop being a victim.

They did say it was in-engine. I'm not sure if that's what you are explicitly denying or not. It supposedly used the game engine to render the trailer.