Uncharted 4 pushes PS4 tech to the next level.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Did they show the whole game or just what they wanted you to see? Lol....also the proof is in the devs own words.

I'd like to see that link to where ND said they couldn't accomplish 30fps.

Do you have a demo or video of gameplay where the fps are below 30fps.

Anything....or are you twisting their words around from "We're shooting for 30fps" and then them showing a demo at 30fps.....to "We can't get the game to 30fps."

Never said they couldn't achieve it....it's just not there now, even the TC's article states there are drops. I will find the quote from them, when I get a chance. But like I said bragging about power when the game runs or will run at 30fps is silly to me. Brag when you can make a graphics king at 1080P/60fps. All I am saying.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#152 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

graphics king in 2016

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#153 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@GoldenElementXL said:

TC kinda left some parts out from the article.

"Overall, it's a slight step back for Uncharted 4's image quality since the last demo, but the results are still ahead of most PS4 titles today."

"As a sign of future releases, it also suggests a native 1080p is still very much viable for PS4 releases pushing the envelope with a huge world, though developers are seemingly still keen to top this off with a post-process method of AA - and all the caveats that brings to absolute clarity."

"It's not squeaky clean; there are occasional one-off frame drops in our graph."

Damn...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#154 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

multiplayer section of a 2011's game

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Cloud_imperium
@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos: I got the platinum in The Order 1886. Did you even play it? "Incredible looking physics on its cloth" lol. You will stretch to incredible lengths to paint a positive picture of Sony.

I heard, he doesn't even own a PS4.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@mr_huggles_dog: Did they show the whole game or just what they wanted you to see? Lol....also the proof is in the devs own words.

Anything....or are you twisting their words around from "We're shooting for 30fps" and then them showing a demo at 30fps.....to "We can't get the game to 30fps."

Never said they couldn't achieve it....it's just not there now, even the TC's article states there are drops. I will find the quote from them, when I get a chance. But like I said bragging about power when the game runs or will run at 30fps is silly to me. Brag when you can make a graphics king at 1080P/60fps. All I am saying.

You said "Yet it can't reach a stable 30fps". Yet they have a demo which is 30fps accross the entire demo.

Nothing you've said proves that the game will not be a steady 30fps.

You're basically bashing a game for it's optimization while still in development....thats ridiculous.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 chikenfriedrice

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

You said "Yet it can't reach a stable 30fps". Yet they have a demo which is 30fps accross the entire demo.

You're basically bashing a game for it's optimization while still in development....thats ridiculous.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/naughty-dog-lead-designer-uncharted-4-targeting-30-32156705/

Here you go....also I am talking about currently, sure they can produce a demo at 30fps and I don't doubt the final game will be 30fps but after E3 the dev said targeting.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Heil68 said:

We knew Naughty Gods, makers of a top 4 and top 5 GOAT would push the hardware to the limits.

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

That's not saying much when the system is struggling to compete against a entry level pc with a 750 ti and i3 4150...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Mr_Huggles_dog

@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/naughty-dog-lead-designer-uncharted-4-targeting-30-32156705/

Here you go....also I am talking about currently, sure they can produce a demo at 30fps and I don't doubt the final game will be 30fps but after E3 the dev said targeting.

Again...the game is still in development.

Do you think games just *poof* and start out finished?

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 chikenfriedrice

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Again...the game is still in development.

Do you think games just *poof* and start out finished?

I can't keep talking in circles......I am saying they are bragging about the power of the console and how it can do so much but the game is 30fps ( or less currently )....it's just the same ol typical Sony hype machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Are people REALLY going to use a E3 demo as proof that the game will have a stable fps and look that good? Not saying Uncharted will or will not, but really after all the numerous games that have been downgraded after release?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Mr_Huggles_dog

@sSubZerOo said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Are people REALLY going to use a E3 demo as proof that the game will have a stable fps and look that good? Not saying Uncharted will or will not, but really after all the numerous games that have been downgraded after release?

That usually happens with multiplats for some reason.

Watchdogs...Witcher 3....but there is no reason to think that they will drastically downgrade Uncharted. If they do....then so be it....hopefully it will still look good.

But the fact is that if they can get a whole level to run at a constant 30fps for a demo....why not the rest of the game?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#163 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@sSubZerOo said:
@Heil68 said:

We knew Naughty Gods, makers of a top 4 and top 5 GOAT would push the hardware to the limits.

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

That's not saying much when the system is struggling to compete against a entry level pc with a 750 ti and i3 4150...

It must be, PC didn't have any top 4-5 exclusive GOATS last gen.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos: First off, E3 awards? really?

Second, physics? yes, i know that a competent physics engine allows for a more believable experince. Ense why Star Citizen's physics rendering and overall detail is more impessive.

that's a pc game for you

Wait so E3 goers are blind morons or what.?

What is your excuse to downplay Uncharted getting a graphics award when tons of PC games were there.?

Star citizens physics? have you gone to space.? Do you know how physics work on space ship battles.?

So how many battles have we witness in space over the last 4,000 years.? Aha.... do tell

So how do we know those physics are right.?

Oh wait you are going by science fiction...ok carry on...lol

@tdkmillsy said:

I hope for those making all those claims about how good UC4 looks, it doesn't get downgraded as you will all look very silly hyping this game.

You really should learn from history.

And comparing it to the multiplayer part of Halo 5 is sad.

I'll wait for both to be released before getting involved in this discussion.

Downgrade like this you

@commander said:

Yeah naughty dog pushed that cinematic feel but are also a product of sony. This is not llike an indepent dev. they can keep on making cinematic games, other gamers than sony boys won't play them.

Red dead redemption is open world and has more rpg elements than uncharted, gta is open world as well. your point?

About infamous

Shadows and lighting are nerfed

If i want graphics i go to a pc, if a want gameplay i got the xboxone, if I don't know what good games are, i go ps4 since it has that gddr5...

WTF yeah i can do that with everything..,..

You are just an idiot....lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 tormentos

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos: I got the platinum in The Order 1886. Did you even play it? "Incredible looking physics on its cloth" lol. You will stretch to incredible lengths to paint a positive picture of Sony.

Yeah i magically invented the one i took pictures off with my name which i posted here....ass..

Fact is you and him both are closet lemms...lol Hell in his case he is not a closet lemm he is a full blackace level lemming....

But but but The order look bad...lol

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

You mean the same PS4 that runs witcher3 at 20 fps with less effects?

The same PS4 that will be running the ancient FO4 at 30 fps without real mods?

The same PS4 that runs almost all demanding games at the above terribleness?

Reah great tech to push. LOL.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#167 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@tormentos said:

@commander said:

Yeah naughty dog pushed that cinematic feel but are also a product of sony. This is not llike an indepent dev. they can keep on making cinematic games, other gamers than sony boys won't play them.

Red dead redemption is open world and has more rpg elements than uncharted, gta is open world as well. your point?

About infamous

Shadows and lighting are nerfed

If i want graphics i go to a pc, if a want gameplay i got the xboxone, if I don't know what good games are, i go ps4 since it has that gddr5...

WTF yeah i can do that with everything..,..

You are just an idiot....lol

You're comparing games with underwear models, what kind of slimy turd are you

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@tormentos Your comparison is pretty bad. The thing he points are pretty objective as in they're easily observable and factual. The things you pointed are purely subjective. Even then, some people would argue a woman with a square jaw looks better than one with a less prominent one. You can't really argue that a lack of dynamic lighting is better technically than the addition of it.

On your defense, he took a shitty screencap.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Cloud_imperium

@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Yeah i magically invented the one i took pictures off with my name which i posted here....ass..

Fact is you and him both are closet lemms...lol Hell in his case he is not a closet lemm he is a full blackace level lemming....

I can't remember you posting your PS4 pics. And do you love when someone owns your ass every time??? Keep playing that "Lem" card dumbass. Your tears are delicious.

Have you learned to read yet???

Now go ahead and prove me wrong. Lolmentos.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@tormentos: I'm talking about ground physics you idiot.

Can you pick up objects in the environment like in SC? no? didn't think so. Objects are fully rendered has physics items in the game. Deflating rice bags? Not only do those exist in SC, but you can actually interact with them, pick them up, toss them around and they react to gravity, or lack thereof, like you'd expect.

bu-bu-bu-bu-but my rice bag expansions,

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@KillzoneSnake said:
@phantomfire335 said:

@gpuking: You mean all your Sony buddies agree with your opinion. I have yet to come across a credible source that says uncharted 4 is the best looking game currently, could you please provide me with one?

It cant be the best looking game since its not out yet. Horizon and UC4 were the best looking games at E3 though :)

Don't forget Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, that one looked cool too.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Jereb31

@Heil68 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Well maybe not exclusive, but they did have some GOAT from last gen ie. "The Orange Box" #26, 2007

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered

And ND didn't have a 4 and 5 but a 23 & 49.

Unless you are still saying that you aare sharing the 4th position with twenty other titles and 5th with 19 while also being trumped by around 18 other titles?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Yes they did, "The Orange Box" #26, 2007

Unless you are still saying that you aare sharing the 4th position with twenty other titles and 5th with 19 while also being trumped by around 18 other titles?

OB was a multi plat right out of the box.

And I already proved Naughty Gods did and provided links.

I think a special shout out is in order for SONY, current gen 8 console leader with the world's most powerful video game hardware the PS4.

Sony, last gen you gave us an unprecedented amount of exclusive GOTY's a perfect 10/10 exclusive and to top it all off a top 4 and top 5 GOAT.

We as a gaming community thank you, love you and are humbled by your greatness.

We only try to follow your Live, Learn and Love philosophy, but by golly that doesn't mean we cant try,

Thank you.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Jereb31

@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@sSubZerOo said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Yes they did, "The Orange Box" #26, 2007

OB was a multi plat right out of the box.

And I already proved Naughty Gods did and provided links.

I think a special shout out is in order for SONY, current gen 8 console leader with the world's most powerful video game hardware the PS4.

Sony, last gen you gave us an unprecedented amount of exclusive GOTY's a perfect 10/10 exclusive and to top it all off a top 4 and top 5 GOAT.

We as a gaming community thank you, love you and are humbled by your greatness.

We only try to follow your Live, Learn and Love philosophy, but by golly that doesn't mean we cant try,

Thank you.

Yep, multiplat, my bad. But yeah you didn't really prove that they are 4 & 5, you actually provided the same link to where they are shown as 23 & 49. What you did show was that UC2 shares a 96% with twenty other games and that TLOU shares a 95% with 18 other games, whilst there being another 18 games with 97% or higher.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

I can't remember you posting your PS4 pics. And do you love when someone owns your ass every time??? Keep playing that "Lem" card dumbass. Your tears are delicious.

You should make that "PC gamer of the year" thing an iron-on badge for your jean jacket.

I swear you post that shit constantly.

Yeah yeah....I know I'm a baby and crying and tears and all that crap - blah blah blah.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#176 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

The PS4 hardware jump from the PS3 is pretty significant despite naysayers.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Full blackace level Lemming huh? Why would I make a thread and in my first post say that I have pretty much been ignoring the Xbox One. And then in a "Top 5 games so far this year" thread only 1 of my 5 top games is even playable on Xbox One and it's a multiplat. Your claims make no sense. Just because I disagree with you 99.999% of the time doesn't mean I'm a Lemming. And before you even mention that "You said you hate Cows" thing, I have said dozens of times now that my problem is with you and not Cows. Hell, by my purchase and gaming history I am 10X the Cow you are....

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Yes @tormentos like that downgrade and all the ones for the other UC games.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Watchdogs...Witcher 3....but there is no reason to think that they will drastically downgrade Uncharted. If they do....then so be it....hopefully it will still look good.

But the fact is that if they can get a whole level to run at a constant 30fps for a demo....why not the rest of the game?

People have selective short term memories? ND has downgraded two of their games from E3's to retail......

Does this mean that they will for UC4 who knows but to suggest it dont happen for ND games or exclusives is idiotic.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#180 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@chikenfriedrice said:

I can't keep talking in circles......I am saying they are bragging about the power of the console and how it can do so much but the game is 30fps ( or less currently )....it's just the same ol typical Sony hype machine.

Did I miss something? Who is this "they"? All I've seen of this thread is about the great work Naughty Dog is doing with this game and all the little extra touches they include. Not once, outside of Heil's mantra, have I seen any boasting of the power of Playstation or such.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

People have selective short term memories? ND has downgraded two of their games from E3's to retail......

Does this mean that they will for UC4 who knows but to suggest it dont happen for ND games or exclusives is idiotic.

I'm not talking about downgrade of visuals....thats why I said all the other crap you ignored.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Damn people are still discussing this?

Sticky a thread, OFFICIAL GRAPHICS KING : UNCHARTED 4.

End of story.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@Heirren said:

End of story.

But it makes people mad, even if it will be true when the game launches next year. It makes people feel cozy to say PS4 is a weak POS and UC4 looks worse than 2011 PC games.

in 2016 when all reviews call it the most impressive graphical feat seen so far in video games, system warriors will say how the industry is bias toward playstation and the reviewers have no credibility, tears, fits, my opinion over everyone yada yeda ect, it's how some people sleep at night.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Jereb31

@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:

End of story.

But it makes people mad, even if it will be true when the game launches next year. It makes people feel cozy to say PS4 is a weak POS and UC4 looks worse than 2011 PC games.

in 2016 when all reviews call it the most impressive graphical feat seen so far in video games, system warriors will say how the industry is bias toward playstation and the reviewers have no credibility, tears, fits, my opinion over everyone yada yeda ect, it's how some people sleep at night.

These guys thought it wasn't the best in show: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/deus-ex-mankind-divided-is-beautiful-brutal-and-seriously-ambitious-2/

So I'm happy to wait and see how it is when released.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:

End of story.

These guys thought it wasn't the best in show: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/deus-ex-mankind-divided-is-beautiful-brutal-and-seriously-ambitious-2/

Deus ex is a looker and also another one of the top best looking games at the show along with Battlefront and Horizon and I can see anyone making an argument for it. The thing is, I said when UC4 reviewed 1Q 2016~March-April. When does Deus Ex release? any projected date?

I am not saying UC4 won't any have competition in 2016, I am saying when it releases It's going to be the most impressive graphical game on any platform and it is going to get critical acclaim from professional outlets verifying that fact.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Uncharted 4 is probably the most meticulously detailed game ever made. Naughty Dog always has an eye for detail.

While Star Citizen will be bigger, better looking, and overall more technically impressive, it still won't have the crazy level of details (not visual quality, just robust world details) that Uncharted 4 or any future Naughty Dog game has.

That's one major advantage of them making linear games. They can spend much more time crafting the world. They can tightly control the environments and add in a lot of detail since you only ever go through a level once. There is no need to worry about if the damage would persist or anything else like that. All of the levels are a one-and-done and that gives you the freedom to do a lot of crazy detail that you couldn't do in a more open-world game.

Linear games will always look better than open world games. They can take far more liberties with their environments and graphics as they do not have to account for hundreds of potential situations. Each level can have specific settings for each section to best optimize graphics and performance. You can't get away with that in an open world game.

The problem is, obviously, that these are linear games. They are one-and-done with maybe a playthrough. Generally they are pretty shallow experiences. Something like Star Citizen or Total War Warhammer have far more gameplay, far more depth, and way more length to them because the player drives the experience and makes the choices. With a linear game the player isn't the one making the choices. They are playing the scripted sequences.

Well not everything is because its a linear game, some of the details are just because naughty dog is amazing. Their animation and physics system is simply amazing and on a technical level better than anything else. There are some benefits to doing a linear game though, like the fire seen when he's in the flipped jeep. That is some pre rendered vodoo baked onto the scene. Because its a console, they just won't have the best assets because the consoles just lack that extra power. But on a technical level, naughty dog is up there with crytech and probably surpasses them in some aspects with animation.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos:

Leave the young woman alone. She is not here to reply back from your criticisms.

@playharderfool said:
@jereb31 said:
@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:

End of story.

Deus ex is a looker and also another one of the top best looking games at the show along with Battlefront and Horizon and I can see anyone making an argument for it. The thing is, I said when UC4 reviewed 1Q 2016~March-April. When does Deus Ex release? any projected date?

I am not saying UC4 won't any have competition in 2016, I am saying when it releases It's going to be the most impressive graphical game on any platform and it is going to get critical acclaim from professional outlets verifying that fact.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is one of the first DX12+TressFX 3.0.

DX12 minimalizes real time GpGPU compute latency issues on the PC i.e. multiplatform game design would not be bottlenecked by DX11's considerations.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 waahahah

@deadline-zero0 said:

Can you pick up objects in the environment like in SC? no? didn't think so. Objects are fully rendered has physics items in the game. Deflating rice bags? Not only do those exist in SC, but you can actually interact with them, pick them up, toss them around and they react to gravity, or lack thereof, like you'd expect.

you do know just about everything in the UC4 demos we've seen reacts to physics and are rendered? Everything has a weight, even the animation system is so advanced that the characters can stumble over objects in the scene, or when the enemies jump off the back of the bikes they push the bikes and you can see the backs slide while the drivers compensate. The rice bags use a fluid deformation technique since they aren't doing every grain of rice in the physics system when the rice bags get shot, but the rice pours out of them like a fluid.

The only thing that PC games will have on UC4 currently are super detailed assets, but UC4 is still a technical marvel.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@tormentos said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

You should make that "PC gamer of the year" thing an iron-on badge for your jean jacket.

I swear you post that shit constantly.

Yeah yeah....I know I'm a baby and crying and tears and all that crap - blah blah blah.

Yes you are kiddo, yes you are... Sssshhh everything is going to be fine.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Jereb31

@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

you do know just about everything in the UC4 demos we've seen reacts to physics and are rendered? Everything has a weight, even the animation system is so advanced that the characters can stumble over objects in the scene, or when the enemies jump off the back of the bikes they push the bikes and you can see the backs slide while the drivers compensate. The rice bags use a fluid deformation technique since they aren't doing every grain of rice in the physics system when the rice bags get shot, but the rice pours out of them like a fluid.

The only thing that PC games will have on UC4 currently are super detailed assets, but UC4 is still a technical marvel.

Mmmm, not sure if technical marvel is the word I would use. Probably really good for being on console is more appropriate. In game physics has been around for a long time now, Half Life 2 had a pretty good physics engine with weighted objects, then gary's mod just went nuts with that.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

LOL

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Excited to see their true next gen tech but only because i want TLOU2 using it.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

So what? SC has a fully animated skeleton and motion capture with full locomotion effects and physics reaction to objects aswell, in a full fledged open galaxy on a server, not in a linear, static campaign..

And since we're on the topic of body mehcanics, SC even has a limbic damage system with 10 points of contact that can affect how you play and interact with items, bleeding and so forth.

What happens when Drake gets shot in Uncharted 4? Oh right, he limbs abit, regardless of shot location, and autoregens a few seconds latter. Technical marvel there.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#194 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Pity that it's going to be all flash, and little substance. It'll be a good first run-through though.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 tormentos

@GoldenElementXL said:

Full blackace level Lemming huh? Why would I make a thread and in my first post say that I have pretty much been ignoring the Xbox One. And then in a "Top 5 games so far this year" thread only 1 of my 5 top games is even playable on Xbox One and it's a multiplat. Your claims make no sense. Just because I disagree with you 99.999% of the time doesn't mean I'm a Lemming. And before you even mention that "You said you hate Cows" thing, I have said dozens of times now that my problem is with you and not Cows. Hell, by my purchase and gaming history I am 10X the Cow you are....

Oh please saying a few comments to look unbiased doesn't change what you are.

The order looks bad yeah you are a blind idiot,is one of the best looking games on any platform including PC.

Your argument are totally pro xbox one almost always and you flame basically anything sony,worse you admit to hate cows and you single them out for things lemmings do all the time and i did prove that to you several times you are not fooling any one lemm.

@Cloud_imperium said:

I could care less what you remember idiot,fact is i prove it already and what people vote here has little say specially when you defend the xbox one constantly on stupid thing which you shouldn't....

@deadline-zero0 said:

Is not existing you idiot is the level of the simulation and how is convincingly works,picking up something mean shit yeah mario has been picking up turtles for 30 years yeah great physics.

Fact is how many space wars have you witness to say those physics are accurate.?

Stop is a freaking space game which hardly impress any one,reason why Uncharted got a mention for graphics and PC didn't but but but is E3 not one that knows about graphics go to E3..lol

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You mean the same PS4 that runs witcher3 at 20 fps with less effects?

The same PS4 that will be running the ancient FO4 at 30 fps without real mods?

The same PS4 that runs almost all demanding games at the above terribleness?

Reah great tech to push. LOL.

Yes the same that runs Infamous at more than 30FPS with way more effects than the Witcher 3 and explosions to.

@commander said:

You're comparing games with underwear models, what kind of slimy turd are you

No if you don't get why i use that pic then you are so dumb that you are not even worth the time to explain it to you...

@Juub1990 said:

@tormentos Your comparison is pretty bad. The thing he points are pretty objective as in they're easily observable and factual. The things you pointed are purely subjective. Even then, some people would argue a woman with a square jaw looks better than one with a less prominent one. You can't really argue that a lack of dynamic lighting is better technically than the addition of it.

On your defense, he took a shitty screencap.

Bullshit and you can do that with any game i have see people do it with PC games to and i did it with BF4 on PC as well on 2013,bad screen takes are all over the place,fact is Infamous is an incredible looking game and only an idiot would say other wise,oh and that screen wasn't made by him it was done by a butthurt fanboy on the net reason why i use that pic.

So if i think he has big hands that is not subjective that is my opinion,it may be small to you just like what he say look bad may look good to me...

You can do that with any game specially if you use bad captures.

@tdkmillsy said:

Yes @tormentos like that downgrade and all the ones for the other UC games.

Yeah when you see it talk about it until then yeah you are DC...lol

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

Leave the young woman alone. She is not here to reply back from your criticisms.

WTH are you saying now bot.?

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 waahahah

@deadline-zero0 said:
@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

So what? SC has a fully animated skeleton and motion capture with full locomotion effects and physics reaction to objects aswell, in a full fledged open galaxy on a server, not in a linear, static campaign..

And since we're on the topic of body mehcanics, SC even has a limbic damage system with 10 points of contact that can affect how you play and interact with items, bleeding and so forth.

What happens when Drake gets shot in Uncharted 4? Oh right, he limbs abit, regardless of shot location, and autoregens a few seconds latter. Technical marvel there.

The limb damage isn't anything to be too happy about, its not exactly new or advanced. Those are more gameplay elements and not really technical feats. I still haven't seen anything in SC that has damage and physics for just about everything in a scene and can affect animations in a realistic way.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 waahahah

@jereb31 said:
@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Mmmm, not sure if technical marvel is the word I would use. Probably really good for being on console is more appropriate. In game physics has been around for a long time now, Half Life 2 had a pretty good physics engine with weighted objects, then gary's mod just went nuts with that.

Your forgetting the animations, the physics system affects the animations. For instance half life 2 had physics, but it didn't have the destructible environments and an animation system that reacted to physics and objects.

I don't see why they both can't be technical marvels, SC has some great things, but doesn't match what UC4 is doing in some areas.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 tormentos

@deadline-zero0 said:

And.? is not like Uncharted don't have them in fact many games simulate skeleton with a tons of bones,why you think the animation look so great when they walk.

Again what does it serve you to have those on a game that you regen easily.?

Yeah if ND did that i am sure you would not enjoy the game,shooting you on an arm in real world will leave you without that one to move or use,worse on a leg,or worse on the torso,is a game after all not everything has to be 100% accurate again how many battles have you seen on space you fool.?

Yeah it is so real to fight in space technical marverl..lol

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@waahahah said:

The limb damage isn't anything to be too happy about, its not exactly new or advanced. Those are more gameplay elements and not really technical feats. I still haven't seen anything in SC that has damage and physics for just about everything in a scene and can affect animations in a realistic way.

So u4 is impressive because of locomotion, just like SC has, but SC has body animation reactions to damage in specific limbs. That's however, not a technical feet.

yeahok.gif

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@tormentos said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

And.? is not like Uncharted don't have them in fact many games simulate skeleton with a tons of bones,why you think the animation look so great when they walk.

Again what does it serve you to have those on a game that you regen easily.?

Yeah if ND did that i am sure you would not enjoy the game,shooting you on an arm in real world will leave you without that one to move or use,worse on a leg,or worse on the torso,is a game after all not everything has to be 100% accurate again how many battles have you seen on space you fool.?

Yeah it is so real to fight in space technical marverl..lol

Star Wars

Had them real deal physics I tell ya.

For deadline-zero0 if he saw it on TV it's real. Deadline can also detail the physics of how a person flies courtesy of watching superman.