Uncharted 4 pushes PS4 tech to the next level.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

translation: we're back to making a pretty buy shallow experience

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Ps4 domination continue

For 8-10 hours... then its back to waiting.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@clone01 said:

Yawn. UC4. How about a follow up to The Last of Us?

Not even sure if I want a TLOU2. My expectations are so high its virtually impossible for ND to meet them. I doubt I can be so shocked by the quality of a game as I first was with The Last of Us... ND set the bar too high.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11234 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@AzatiS said:
@tormentos said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-uncharted-4-pushes-ps4-tech-to-the-next-level

The king is back...

You are wrong ...

Uncharted 4 pushes GAMING tech to the next level , not just for PS4. Name me a single game that can beat UC4 in a technical level as a whole this very moment ... any platform included PC ... Im PC gamer for more than 18 years straight and ive never seen such technical level as UC4 showed in game. Im not saying PC isnt capable , is more than capable vs low end consoles but noone seems to care ( developers ). Just resolution and FPS and texture differences all around ...

Star Citizen man, that ones easy.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was being toted as more impressive at E3 as well. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/deus-ex-mankind-divided-is-beautiful-brutal-and-seriously-ambitious-2/

Not on a whole, uncharted is trumped by pretty much any game that runs on higher resolution and frame rate. Seeing as how it is stuck in the 1080p 30fps range. It has pretty textures and nice physics though.

Warhammer: Total war - will have more impressive gameplay in my opinion. Being much larger in scope and re playability.

Honestly i'm more keen to play the new star craft than Uncharted.

What footage of Deus Ex was impressive? Everything I saw was purely mediocre. Not talking about the CGI, that looked amazing but the gameplay, which just looked average.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#55 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@jereb31 said:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided was being toted as more impressive at E3 as well. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/06/deus-ex-mankind-divided-is-beautiful-brutal-and-seriously-ambitious-2/

Not on a whole, uncharted is trumped by pretty much any game that runs on higher resolution and frame rate. Seeing as how it is stuck in the 1080p 30fps range. It has pretty textures and nice physics though.

Warhammer: Total war - will have more impressive gameplay in my opinion. Being much larger in scope and re playability.

Nah, PS4 has space magic. If not then there is always HD TV.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:
@clone01 said:

Yawn. UC4. How about a follow up to The Last of Us?

Not even sure if I want a TLOU2. My expectations are so high its virtually impossible for ND to meet them. I doubt I can be so shocked by the quality of a game as I first was with The Last of Us... ND set the bar too high.

Maybe so. I'd like to see them try. ;p

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Dem rice bags. Dat chest hair. Dat mud.

Hehe, only bad thing is they're using temporal AA.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Yup. UC4 will be easily gfx king. Taking the crown away from The Order.

its sad that even $2000 PC doesn't touch either game. and probably never will this gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@AzatiS said:
@tormentos said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-uncharted-4-pushes-ps4-tech-to-the-next-level

The king is back...

You are wrong ...

Uncharted 4 pushes GAMING tech to the next level , not just for PS4. Name me a single game that can beat UC4 in a technical level as a whole this very moment ... any platform included PC ... Im PC gamer for more than 18 years straight and ive never seen such technical level as UC4 showed in game. Im not saying PC isnt capable , is more than capable vs low end consoles but noone seems to care ( developers ). Just resolution and FPS and texture differences all around ...

Don't forget Battlefront, just hoping the game is as good as its graphics.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@AzatiS said:
@tormentos said:

The king is back...

You are wrong ...

Nope , nope and nope.

Im not talking about just extraordinary textures and lighting. Yes they are impressive and yes some of the games you mentioned do it better than UC4 ... But OVERALL , every single bit of what you see , how game feels , geometry of the world , every single detail its there in UC4. Thats unbeleivable technical graphics unseen by any other game up to date. Its not the best textures youll ever seen , nor the best depth of feild , nor the best lighting etc ... but all together ? I cant think about a single game to even think to go near UC4 as of now.

And this is coming from a hardcore PC gamer since late 90s.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@AzatiS said:
@jereb31 said:
@AzatiS said:
@tormentos said:

The king is back...

You are wrong ...

Nope , nope and nope.

Im not talking about just extraordinary textures and lighting. Yes they are impressive and yes some of the games you mentioned do it better than UC4 ... But OVERALL , every single bit of what you see , how game feels , geometry of the world , every single detail its there in UC4. Thats unbeleivable technical graphics unseen by any other game up to date. Its not the best textures youll ever seen , nor the best depth of feild , nor the best lighting etc ... but all together ? I cant think about a single game to even think to go near UC4 as of now.

And this is coming from a hardcore PC gamer since late 90s.

We will have to wait and see, we are tyring to compare games that aren't even released yet so no matter what you and I say it will probably need to change to suit the evidence of the final product.

That being said, I think the Deus Ex creates a more full atmosphere and immersion coupled with graphics than Uncharted ever did. Uncharted comes across very Indiana Jones to me, but without Harrison Ford to make it awesome.

KAAALLLLIIIMAAAAAA!!!!!!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@AzatiS: Uncharted 4 is also a linear game. The Order 1886, for all the shit i give it, is more impressive from a pure graphically fidelity. But it's extremely linear, with incredibly static environments.

SC and TW, considering their scale, are simply shaping up to be more impressive.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

The best thing they said was the set pieces were dynamic, hopefully more so than the supposed dynamic ai in TLOU.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

We knew Naughty Gods, makers of a top 4 and top 5 GOAT would push the hardware to the limits.

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

I still can't find that list you keep talking about, can you post the link please.

Sure M8

http://www.metacritic.com/

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Naughty Gods are awesome with console tech, still, it's UC so meh (until proven otherwise).

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Pushing PS4 Tech to the next level is like bragging about going faster in a Chevy Cruze. It's good that we are gonna get the next graphics king, but it would be nicer if it were 60fps and 1440p-4K. I can appreciate what Naughty Dog is doing but I find myself still wanting more.

Gameplay wise I'm pretty meh about a new Uncharted. Then again I'm pretty meh on every game coming that's not Trackmania so whatever.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#67  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@tormentos

@remiks00 said:

Indeed...

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Funny how everybody was so disappointed by the "downgrade" and now it looks like it has been upgraded.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

But......30 fps

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: The problem is those paid publications don't say any of the shit you say they do.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

The attention to detail amazes me, unfortunately with like UC1-3 and TLoU the attention to interesting gameplay seems to have been forgotten.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Jereb31

@Mozelleple112 said:
@jereb31 said:
@AzatiS said:
@tormentos said:

The king is back...

You are wrong ...

What footage of Deus Ex was impressive? Everything I saw was purely mediocre. Not talking about the CGI, that looked amazing but the gameplay, which just looked average.

It's in the link (I think), bolded. I thought it looked awesome, but i'm a fan of the series, so yeah, rose coloured glasses and all.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

But yet can't reach a stable 30 FPS....okay!

Do you know that for a fact?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Jereb31

@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

We knew Naughty Gods, makers of a top 4 and top 5 GOAT would push the hardware to the limits.

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

I still can't find that list you keep talking about, can you post the link please.

Sure M8

Are you sure?? I'm on this list. http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered

But ND aren't even mentioned until #23 for Uncharted 2 then #49 for The last of us.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

He's full of it

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Chozofication said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

Loading Video...

He's full of it

Awesome.

Another non-believer exposed.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Might be the compressed video but the game looks very...average. Horzion was far more impressive in pretty much everything, especially scale.

Uncharted 4 doesn't even look better than The Order 1886, Ryse or Crysis 3. It does have a lot more going on than these games(save for Crysis 3 in some sequences) but overall it's not nearly as jaw-dropping as UC2 was.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#78 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@TheEroica said:

I just hope it's fun to play. Couldnt care less about its visuals.

I care, but I agree, I hope it's fun.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Heil68

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Sure M8

Are you sure?? I'm on this list. http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/all/filtered

But ND aren't even mentioned until #23 for Uncharted 2 then #49 for The last of us.

Yup! 95% and 96% is right on there.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Naughty Gods doing what Gods do. Let the lemming and hermit butthurt commence.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#81 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Looks pretty good. PS4 choking on this for sure lots of low-poly filler thrown in to compensate for the hq stuff.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Jereb31

@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Sure M8

Ahhh, I see what you've done there. You are lumping all of the 95% and the 96% together.

That's probably stretching the truth a little bit.

That would mean that Nintendo has the No.1 GOAT (99%) and 2 of the No.3 GOAT's (97%) and at least 2 of the No. 4 GOAT's (96%), maybe another No.4 (who made golden eye for N64?)

Does anyone know if metacritic actually assign the same %'s based on further decimal approximations of their scores? ie. 96.78% is higher on the ladder than 96.6% or do they just lump them into the nearest whole % point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Would be a shame if it were to be downgraded again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Weren't people saying Uncharted 2 looked so great as well?

...consolites...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Sure M8

Ahhh, I see what you've done there. You are lumping all of the 95% and the 96% together.

That would mean that Nintendo has the No.1 GOAT (99%) and 2 of the No.3 GOAT's (97%) and at least 2 of the No. 4 GOAT's (96%), maybe another No.4 (who made golden eye for N64?)

Does anyone know if metacritic actually assign the same %'s based on further decimal approximations of their scores? ie. 96.78% is higher on the ladder than 96.6% or do they just lump them into the nearest whole % point.led Naughty Gods.

How? A 95% and 96% is on there? Who cares how they sort it. Top 5 and Top 4 GOATS...Same gen by same dev.

We are ALL humbled Naughty Gods.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Jereb31
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

Deluxe CE day fucking 1.

Sure M8

Does anyone know if metacritic actually assign the same %'s based on further decimal approximations of their scores? ie. 96.78% is higher on the ladder than 96.6% or do they just lump them into the nearest whole % point.led Naughty Gods.

How? A 95% and 96% is on there? Who cares how they sort it. Top 5 and Top 4 GOATS...Same gen by same dev.

We are ALL humbled Naughty Gods.

Well I was assuming when I read that list that UC2 and TLOU were going to be in the 1-5 range, not the 23-49 range. What you did was take everything that had the same % and gave them the same #ranking despite what metacritic ranked them at.

That means that UC2 shares the GOAT amongst 20 games that have the same 96% rating and TLOU shares the GOAT amongst 19 games.

That's probably being a little disingenuous if you were implying that they held 2 games in the top 5, where in fact they share 2 games in the top 43 games.

I mean Valve has more games in a higher range (PC versions) and more games in a wider range than Naughty Dogs.

- Half Life 2 #19 (PC)

- The Orange Box #25 & 26 (Xbox / PC respectively)

- Half Life #32 (PC)

- Portal 2 #54, 56 & 57 (PC, Xbox & PS3)

Bioware have games all over the place in that list with Baldurs Gate and Mass Effect series.

Nintendo are just everywhere in there too.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: When ND themselves say they are shooting for 30fps that means they aren't quite there yet, otherwise they would say the game IS 30fps.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mr_Huggles_dog

@chikenfriedrice: Such is the life of a game CURRENTLY in development.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog: No shit but that's why its silly to be talking about all this power when they CURRENTLY do not have a steady 30fps game, so lets talk about bags of rice instead.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Heil68

@jereb31:

You can try and poke around and sort any way you like. The games speak for themselves-all of them.

the fact is Naughty Gods did make a 95% and 96% GOAT and to be mentioned with those other games is just validation.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Jereb31

@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

You can try and poke around and sort any way you like. The games speak for themselves-all of them.

the fact is Naughty Gods did make a 95% and 96% GOAT and to be mentioned with those other games is just validation.

Yeah, no argument here that they didn't make a good game.

But let's call it what it is, #23 & #49 GOAT not, 4 & 5.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Well if there's one thing I've seen in the past. It's that every time a ND game is about to come out. ND talks about how it pushes the PS's system resources to the limits. How it could not be possible on any other system. Then the game gets released and it's a downgrade from the previous footage everyone is drooling over. Here's to hoping this time they actually make a game that looks like the pre-release footage.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Heil68

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

Nope. That sort order is meaningless, so I'll call them like they are. Only 4-5 points to 100% so that makes them a top 4 and top 5 GOAT.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

Nope. That sort order is meaningless, so I'll call them like they are. Only 4-5 points to 100% so that makes them a top 4 and top 5 GOAT.

Reminds me of people dissing Michael Jordan back in the day because he wasn't on their team.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jereb31
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

??? The sort order appears to be based on the average of the critic reviews and looks to have some weighting for user reviews. Either way, Naughty Dogs are certainly not the #4 & #5 title holder in that list, but #23 & #49.

Saying top 4 and top 5 implies that you are comparing them with 5 entities only. When in fact what is shown is they have 2 games that have a meta critic rating of 95% and 96%, along with more than thirty other titles also having these same ratings and having another 18 games that are ranked 97% and higher.

Currently it looks like the developer heirachy looks something like this.

Nintendo > Rockstar > (The people who make tony hawk pro skater?) > Valve > Bioware > Naughty Dogs.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Heil68

@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

Well spin the truth the site is listing how you see fit but the rankings down the first column are there for a reason.

Nintendo > Rockstar > (The people who make tony hawk pro skater?) > Valve > Bioware > Naughty Dogs.

So another 96% game is ahead for what reason? lolno

I only speak truth so thanks for agreeing with me. I provided links as requested to back me up. Take care m8.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#97 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

First party developer delivers visually stunning linear set-piece action game for current generation console.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This is the Xbone exclusive that will be competing with UC4. just sad.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jereb31

@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:
@jereb31 said:
@Heil68 said:

@jereb31:

Well spin the truth the site is listing how you see fit but the rankings down the first column are there for a reason.

So another 96% game is ahead for what reason? lolno

I only speak truth so thanks for agreeing with me. I provided links as requested to back me up. Take care m8.

That would be the weighting from the user reviews and the fractions from determining the average score across the total critic reviews I would say.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jereb31

@Heil68: Argh, caught me mid edit.