Uncharted 4 and The Order surpass any PC games graphically.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

lets not even talk about how badly destiny brutalizes bf4 in terms of graphics. ouch. its an mmo too bahaha

Destiny is not an MMO.

well it features levels far bigger than anything in bf4, doesnt have a shadow draw distance of 15 meters, doesnt have the entire level around u and all the assets in it constantly pop and seemingly terraform due to horrible lod, actually has dynamic lighting and shadows and i could go on and on.

oh and those skyboxes. bf4 skyboxes are bitmaps with color banding..lol pc gaming.

What does any of that have to do with what I said?

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#302 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

People getting fooled by pre rendered cutscenes again, in engine is still pre rendered, just like TLOU cutscenes which looked far better than gameplay

The best looking game was Batman AK hands down, that city was incredible, put Watch Dogs & Infamous SS to shame & the best part is it's not even UE4

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

lets not even talk about how badly destiny brutalizes bf4 in terms of graphics. ouch. its an mmo too bahaha

Destiny is not an MMO.

well it features levels far bigger than anything in bf4, doesnt have a shadow draw distance of 15 meters, doesnt have the entire level around u and all the assets in it constantly pop and seemingly terraform due to horrible lod, actually has dynamic lighting and shadows and i could go on and on.

oh and those skyboxes. bf4 skyboxes are bitmaps with color banding..lol pc gaming.

mad cow has taken over him. It's best we left him alone.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

Destiny is not an MMO.

it has pretty much all the traits of an mmo(huge persistent areas to play in with lots of people and tons of AI controlled enemies) while looking better graphically than a supposedly high end pc title with far less to render

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#305  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

lol please here actually pictures of crysis from people who own the game

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

Destiny is not an MMO.

it has pretty much all the traits of an mmo(huge persistent areas to play in with lots of people) while looking better graphically than a supposedly high end pc title

Ok but it's not an MMO. I'm simply correcting your mistake.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 m3dude1

going by the very definition of the acronym MMO, it kind of is.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

No. No they don't.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

what i find funny in this thread is not that everyone knows pc has better hardware, but hermits cannot deliver, must be really painfull sitting on your expensive card waiting for something that comes close to CGI when ps4 deliver those graphics close to CGI graphics fidelity and CGI animations with a tablet cpu within a year of release!

that my friends is a victory!

10 hours in and still nothing!

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#311  Edited By Vaasman

@m3dude1 said:

going by the very definition of the acronym MMO, it kind of is.

Destiny is a lot closer to a beefed up Dark Souls model than an MMO. Granted the player-per-world count is much higher, but it's essentially the same concept for connecting players.

Massive Multiplayer as it's come to be known implies a truly persistent server on top of a player count well in the hundreds or thousands, and not just players waiting in a server bank that you might possibly connect to.

Destiny is inspired by the model, but does not fit it. Compare it's player count to something like, say, Planetside 2, and there's a pretty clear divide between what is massively multiplayer, and what is kind-of-a-lot-of-people-sort-of multiplayer.

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts

Give it max two years into next gen cycle and every consolite will be saying graphics don't matter. Happens every gen

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deathlordcrime said:

lol please here actually pictures of crysis from people who own the game

All these images show over the console version is higher resolution textures, DOF, tessellation and lighting. Assets are the same as console version. But I do agree that those effects add a lot to the image quality and make it look a lot better than the console version. I never disputed that. I just said that those assets alone don't make it the most advanced game.

lol ok

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

what i find funny in this thread is not that everyone knows pc has better hardware, but hermits cannot deliver, must be really painfull sitting on your expensive card waiting for something that comes close to CGI when ps4 deliver those graphics close to CGI graphics fidelity and CGI animations with a tablet cpu within a year of release!

that my friends is a victory!

10 hours in and still nothing!

Dude we already gave you proof, you're just in denial.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

People getting fooled by pre rendered cutscenes again, in engine is still pre rendered, just like TLOU cutscenes which looked far better than gameplay

The best looking game was Batman AK hands down, that city was incredible, put Watch Dogs & Infamous SS to shame & the best part is it's not even UE4

Please stop spouting crap about things you don't know about.

First off Naughty Dog confirmed time and time again they're not doing pre-rendered cutscenes anymore starting with Uncharted 4. And that E3 trailer is actually part of the game.

Secondly the cutscene in The Last Of Us don't look far better. The cutscene still use in-game assets, those low res PS3 textures still exist in the cutscenes it's just that the cutscenes focus more on the slightly upgraded character models and lighting which don't look that far off.

Gameplay

Cutscene

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@scottpsfan14: Even with identical assets on multiplatform games, a PC will always look and run better than a console, period. More advanced GPU's and faster CPU's mean that PC's can easily add additional AA, AF, and post processing while maintaining resolutions and frame rates that no console could ever hope to achieve, at least in this generation.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#318 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

@Krelian-co: nah, but you can read about it

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/12/uncharted-4-lead-programmer-really-loves-ps4-goal-is-to-make-the-game-look-better-than-the-trailer/

devs say a lot of things, keep dreaming.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Evo_nine: LOL the particle effects look like Shit compared to infamous SS you are fucking delusional.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By m3dude1
@mikhail said:

@scottpsfan14: Even with identical assets on multiplatform games, a PC will always look and run better than a console, period. More advanced GPU's and faster CPU's mean that PC's can easily add additional AA, AF, and post processing while maintaining resolutions theand frame rates that no console could ever hope to achieve, at least in this generation.

theres more to graphics than just IQ. also its pretty clear uncharted 4 gameplay will look a bit below that trailer, but it will still be a graphics award winner

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By mikhail

@m3dude1 said:
@mikhail said:

@scottpsfan14: Even with identical assets on multiplatform games, a PC will always look and run better than a console, period. More advanced GPU's and faster CPU's mean that PC's can easily add additional AA, AF, and post processing while maintaining resolutions theand frame rates that no console could ever hope to achieve, at least in this generation.

theres more to graphics than just IQ

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 m3dude1

so going by your logic, half life 1 has better graphics than any console game, just keep upping the resolution

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

We all know high end PCs can theoretically do more but the truth is no pc games out there have shown such advantage other than resolution and fps. Crysis 3 looks old school now with its last gen assets and shaders, even launch titles such as Ryse, Killzone and Infamous look better and more technically advanced. UC4 and The Order are simply out of its league, the difference is really stark now.

UC4: is this real life? Skin shader is ultra complex with good use of SSS, indirect shadow, water interaction, muscle deformation, very high density mesh, very high res texture, each strand of beard are rendered individually, very impressive hair strands too.

The Order: straight up CGI look. Highest poly of the three, very nice SSS, very complex materials on skin, metal, cloth and hair, CGI like lighting and shadowing.

Crysis 3: just a last gen game uprezzed. High res texture map slapped on the face, plastic looking skin shader, no hair, no SSS, you can count the number of polys on the head and the cloth texture is just sad compared to the face.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 m3dude1

everything u just said is true gpuking

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

hermits posting bullshots and still getting owned LMFAO!

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Crysis looks like ass compared to KillZone, lmfao at comparing sams face to Drakes in UC4.

Ot : TC knows how to rustle some jimmays

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@gpuking Those are all cut scenes .........

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 mikhail

@gpuking: Those are pre-rendered videos, dude. Not gameplay. Learn the difference or possibly consider changing your username.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 gpuking

Cutscenes are all realtime and blend seamlessly to the gameplay confirmed by RAD, UC4's cutscenes will all be realtime now too.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

KZSF has it's fair share of blocky edges to. The world doesn't look like it has that much more geometry than Crysis 3. Characters are really great though.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

@gpuking said:

We all know high end PCs can theoretically do more but the truth is no pc games out there have shown such advantage other than resolution and fps. Crysis 3 looks old school now with its last gen assets and shaders, even launch titles such as Ryse, Killzone and Infamous look better and more technically advanced. UC4 and The Order are simply out of its league, the difference is really stark now.

UC4: is this real life? Skin shader is ultra complex with good use of SSS, indirect shadow, water interaction, muscle deformation, very high density mesh, very high res texture, each strand of beard are rendered individually, very impressive hair strands too.

The Order: straight up CGI look. Highest poly of the three, very nice SSS, very complex materials on skin, metal, cloth and hair, CGI like lighting and shadowing.

Crysis 3: just a last gen game uprezzed. High res texture map slapped on the face, plastic looking skin shader, no hair, no SSS, you can count the number of polys on the head and the cloth texture is just sad compared to the face.

LOL, all the things you said have been in PC games several years from now. And you're wrong about Crysis 3.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By m3dude1

@mikhail said:

@gpuking: Those are pre-rendered videos, dude. Not gameplay. Learn the difference or possibly consider changing your username.

lol you are completely clueless. the order is 100% realtime. UC4 i wouldnt be surprised if it was/wasnt a realtime cutscene either way, but the gameplay obv wont be at such a pristine level.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By gpuking

Just because some features are in PC games doesn't mean they're all being used at the same time in one game, Crysis 3 sure isn't that one. UC4 is the first game to do that. I own Crysis 3 on PC and it looks like a high res plastic sim in comparison.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 mikhail

@m3dude1 said:

@mikhail said:

lol you are completely clueless

Clueless about what? Are you saying that they aren't pre-rendered? I could put that video on a DVD and play it in a PS2 for gods sake.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 m3dude1

ive elaborated

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I really wish teams spent the money on creating pc games as they do on console games, then yes we would see games on PC generation ahead of consoles utilizing all that extra power. I understand some indie devs can pull off amazing graphics, but those are a once in a generation thing. Still PC can out do console graphics, very easily, its all about the money.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts
@miiiiv said:

KZSF has it's fair share of blocky edges to. The world doesn't look like it has that much more geometry than Crysis 3. Characters are really great though.

These type of pictures always come off as super asinine, especially since you could do this for every game on every platform.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By gpuking

Not to mention the stuffs he circled out don't even look bad, he actually had no idea what bad LOD is, it's just a very sad attempt.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#339  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Let's see if this is true when both the order and uncharted 4 A thief's end release.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@gpuking said:

Just because some features are in PC games doesn't mean they're all being used at the same time in one game, Crysis 3 sure isn't that one. UC4 is the first game to do that. I own Crysis 3 on PC and it looks like a high res plastic sim in comparison.

The game isn't even out, how the **** do you know what features is using? Hint: you don't

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@scottpsfan14:

I never denied that the polygonal charge is greater on KZ.

However, you are still trying for some reason to minimize C3 console vs PC differences, when they're huge. What's worse, using 720p YT videos and compressed sub-HD screenshots.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#342  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58856 Posts

@gpuking said:

no hair

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 gpuking

Hair rendering is expensive son.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#345  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@gpuking said:

I found your pc

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@gpuking said:

we believe you.....

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By m3dude1

@gpuking said:

Hair rendering is expensive son.

lol nah human rendering is easy peasy, spaceships are whats difficult. at least thats what the pc clowns on this board think.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@happyduds77 said:

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Please stop spouting crap about things you don't know about.

First off Naughty Dog confirmed time and time again they're not doing pre-rendered cutscenes anymore starting with Uncharted 4. And that E3 trailer is actually part of the game.

Secondly the cutscene in The Last Of Us don't look far better. The cutscene still use in-game assets, those low res PS3 textures still exist in the cutscenes it's just that the cutscenes focus more on the slightly upgraded character models and lighting which don't look that far off.

Gameplay

Cutscene

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 happyduds77

LOL the art of fanboysim. It's all about diminishing other's opinion and turning a blind eye. What can I say AMAZING.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By happyduds77

@FreedomFreeLife: Your point is?