Uncharted 4 and The Order surpass any PC games graphically.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@sam890: and here they come the funny pictures

look if you don't have something that beats TC dont worry, it's ok i understand

#252 Posted by AM-Gamer (3311 posts) -

@Crypt_mx: Except no you don't have pc titles that look better. The gameplay and videos make that painfully obvious.

#253 Posted by BldgIrsh (689 posts) -

@lglz1337: The thought that you actually believe the game was displayed by a PS4 is truly shocking. It shows how intelligent you are, bet you also believe that popular singers don't lip sync or use other trickery to improve their music on live concerts...

Please, continue to be yourself. You have a bright future ahead.

#254 Edited by B4X (2574 posts) -

wth is this shit?

#255 Edited by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@bldgirsh: and still no proof only conspiracy theories

i have proof from the best programmer in the world

https://twitter.com/Corrinne/status/476888680376717312

you should stop tjirping around and provide evidence

#256 Edited by Evo_nine (1571 posts) -

Sorry but we havent seen any uc4 gameplay and crysis 3 graphics + gameplay is still the best ive seen and ive played all the hyped ps4 titles to date.

The particle effects alone on crysis 3 are head and shoulders above anything on consoles.

#257 Posted by PinkiePirate (2081 posts) -

I have an $800 PC and I agree. I was truly stunned by those games.

#258 Posted by Roler42 (463 posts) -

@lglz1337: What a nice proof, just like how Ubi said the 2012 gameplay for watchdogs was legit or hey... remember when they said killzone 2 was also in-game back at e3?

I guess it's true what they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it

#259 Posted by BldgIrsh (689 posts) -

@lglz1337: Best programmer in the world...

You have proof of a dev of the game saying the game will be truly amazing. The dev isn't benefitting from this at all I assume?

I'll just wait till the game releases next year. Chances are that you'll get lost or continue to be a belligerent idiot and avoid everything you stated in this thread.

#260 Posted by remiks00 (1531 posts) -

@scottpsfan14:

Do you realize that reducing geometry means recreating those assets and they simply don't have the budget to do so. They made those assets for the consoles first and just added engine effects to the PC version. Makes a great difference to image quality, but it's the same assets. From that video you can clearly see that the animations, geometry and AI are exactly the same as each other.

Please, tell me, how do you know that?

Why can't their engine be scalable enough to just reduce the quality of their meshes to a point where the PS3 won't struggle running them? How do you know their geometry is not tessellated and thus capable of being scaled back automatically, or that they can reduce the triangle count with a simple slider?

After all, all those great assets and effects you talk about can be compressed or reduced. Polygonal charge and geometry detail = can be reduced, animations and textures = can be compressed.

What does that leave us with? Oh yeah the AI and world density. But is Flopzone a game known for implementing game changing AI? Are the environments so vast and complex that would fill the PS3's RAM in a second? Is there a gameplay element that it's tied somehow to a "next gen" graphic effect, that its removal could compromise PS3's version to a point where the game would stop being Killzone: SF?

Or is it just another average shooter, that'd only look worse on PS3, just as C3 console version looks worse than its PC counterpart?

Generational leap? Better fundamentals like I described? You decide. It's not. Crysis 3 is a damn good looking game on max, but it's no different to the console version in assets. Uncharted 4 has drastically improved fundamental assets compared to Uncharted 3. The game code as a whole is in another leauge. The same can not be said for Crysis 3 on PC. Looks better and has better engine effects, but it's the same game. How much proof is needed?

I wonder if the fact that it's a completely different game has anything to do with that.

I'd expect Crysis 4 to use new assets as well. Though I hope that game never comes out.

Looks like he never responded, was talking out his ass, and ignored it. This thread ended on page 3, imo. You Sony fanboy's are seriously annoying as hell.

#261 Edited by PinkiePirate (2081 posts) -
#262 Posted by remiks00 (1531 posts) -
#263 Posted by BldgIrsh (689 posts) -

@remiks00: You'll still get the same toxic cows denying your claim even though you have a source backing up your claim.

#264 Edited by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@bldgirsh: @roler42: stop tjirping and provide links like i do!

this is naughty dog and team ICE

show me a video on pc that has the same graphical fidelity as the order.. i'll give you 2 salty bags a bonus you can discuss this together

#265 Posted by Roler42 (463 posts) -

@lglz1337: The same naughty dog that said there was nothing wrong with Uncharted 3 despite people pointing out obvious issues and only patched after the feedback got overwhelming and then lied claiming the patch was to imrpove some things and deny there was anything wrong?

Totally reliable devs

#266 Posted by gfxpipeline (66 posts) -

@roler42 said:

remember when they said killzone 2 was also in-game back at e3?

Way to make a complete fool of yourself:

No, no one from Sony every claimed the first Killzone 2 reveal trailer was in-game. There was a site that edited a Jack Tretton interview where he was asked about Resistance over the Killzone 2 reveal trailer.

Killzone Reveal Trailer vs Realtime PS3 gameplay footage:

http://www.forumla.de/attachments/sony-ps4-forum/144302d1374151526-killzone-shadow-fall-killzone2compa.jpg

There has never been a more epic ownage in gaming history. It felt like there were going to mass Xbox/PC fan suicides after they spent months declaring no game could look that good in realtime.

#267 Edited by uninspiredcup (6785 posts) -
#268 Edited by Snugenz (11390 posts) -
#269 Edited by remiks00 (1531 posts) -

@PinkiePirate said:

Have you guys seen the full quality video of the Uncharted 4 trailer?

It is most definitely 60 FPS.

Go and see for yourselves.

Yeah, the teaser trailer does look good, no one is denying that. It's to be expected from Naughty Dog. But, honestly to be fair, will have to wait to see how well it looks & runs "in-game" vs the teaser trailer for a real comparison. Naughty Dog is known for having separate cut-scene graphics quality vs "gameplay" graphics. Not saying it isn't possible, just saying these cows shouldn't jump the gun like idiots. I'm a fan of Naughty Dog's games, and even I know better than that. Really don't want to fall for another "Watch Dogs"/"Far Cry" incident...

#270 Posted by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: bahahahhahHhhhhhHahhahahahahah get that plastic face out of my face

wth is this?

i mean are you really comparing that with UC4 ? i mean really ?

#271 Edited by uninspiredcup (6785 posts) -

I noticed as well from watching that HD (1080p) trailer, much of the trailer is using high motion blur and bokeh filter.

When it comes to seeing things that aren't cutscenes (which have a huge advantage) it will become even more apparent Crysis 3 remained very much upon a lone mountain of, bestest.

#272 Edited by uninspiredcup (6785 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@uninspiredcup: bahahahhahHhhhhhHahhahahahahah get that plastic face out of my face

My friend, video games are deliberately stylized to stop uncanny valley. If we speak of "realism" it's generally speaking, Arma 3 that wins overall.

Between Crysis 3 and Uncharted (whatever one this is) it readily apparent to everyone involved, Crytek have very little to worry about. Pc gamers can quite happily boast for years to come.

#273 Posted by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@remiks00: don't worry final game will look even better

#274 Edited by Krelian-co (9977 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@remiks00: don't worry final game will look even better

can i borrow your crystal ball?

#275 Posted by MonsieurX (28642 posts) -

itt: @lglz1337 poor trolling skills hyping cutscene graphics because he doesn't have any games to play on his PS4 LOL

#276 Posted by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

what i find funny in this thread is not that everyone knows pc has better hardware, but hermits cannot deliver, must be really painfull sitting on your expensive card waiting for something that comes close to CGI when ps4 deliver those graphics close to CGI graphics fidelity and CGI animations with a tablet cpu within a year of release!

that my friends is a victory!

#277 Posted by HungBuck007 (25 posts) -

@gpuking said:

E3 is over and we've all got a taste of what's coming soon on PC and consoles. Have to admit there are so many impressive games shown this year it's a very prospering future for everyone. Games like Driveclub, AC Unity, Batman, The Witcher 3, Division and even COD advanced Warfare have consistently wowed me for their respective graphical features. But non of them has displayed the sheer level of graphical oomph as Uncharted 4 and The Order have. Those two games are on another level, more so for Uncharted 4. They can easily be mistaken as CGI but are rendered realtime. What really propel them ahead of the rest are not super resolution or fps, but the astonishingly pristine lighting, shadowing, skin shaders, intricate details, complex materials, post processing balance and last but not the least, life like animations. Everything is orchestrated in a perfect graphical harmony if you will, there is no noticeable flaws or sore spots, ND and RAD are truly masters of their craftsmanship. PC games such as Crysis 3, Star Citizen may have a slew of graphical features but non have created such a CGI like feel to me. So, if one would to measure game graphics on a most CGI like experience then UC4 and The Order surely surpass anything that's out there.

Ahhh NO!!! Uncharted is a CGI movie clip and The Order is a linear QTE. Sorry PC can and would demolish PS4 anytime it feels.

#278 Posted by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@Krelian-co: nah, but you can read about it

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/12/uncharted-4-lead-programmer-really-loves-ps4-goal-is-to-make-the-game-look-better-than-the-trailer/

#279 Edited by lglz1337 (3005 posts) -

@MonsieurX: playing destiny alpha thx :)

and refreshing this thread to see what hermits can come up with

#280 Posted by mbrockway (3345 posts) -

@PonchoTaco: The Order video at E3 bored me. Not very excited now. It was like watching the raptor scene in the kitchen from Jurassic Park, except without the crying little girl, lit candles, and some chardonnay to set the mood. Also with quick times out the *** and holding down to slowly crawl away.

#281 Posted by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

if ND could make something like this on last gen hardware then whatever they make on PS4 will be nothing short of amazing. No matter if you're sheep, herm or whatever Uncharted 4 will blow minds.

lol @ the water and desert in a ps3 title destroying the water and desert in bf4, a supposed high end pc title. lol @ pc gaming.

#282 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -

1920x800, 30 fps, surpasses PC graphics? Laughable.

#283 Posted by sam890 (1050 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@Gue1 said:

if ND could make something like this on last gen hardware then whatever they make on PS4 will be nothing short of amazing. No matter if you're sheep, herm or whatever Uncharted 4 will blow minds.

lol @ the water and desert in a ps3 title destroying the water and desert in bf4, a supposed high end pc title. lol @ pc gaming.

Are you delusional ? It's fucking hideous.

#284 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2272 posts) -
@remiks00 said:

Also this. /thread ?

Lol. All this confirms is that Ryse (an 8th gen title) uses PBR fully unlike Crysis 3 which only has certian aspects of it. It is so that all assets on screen suit the lighting exactly. Much more efficient and realistic results.

#285 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3671 posts) -

A short cut scene of Uncharted 4?... Really I saw no gameplay.

And yes The order looks good but I am sorry but Batman Arkham Knight stole the best graphics from E3 with ease and that was running on a PC.

#286 Posted by faizan_faizan (7657 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Also this. /thread ?

Lol. All this confirms is that Ryse (an 8th gen title) uses PBR fully unlike Crysis 3 which only has certian aspects of it. It is so that all assets on screen suit the lighting exactly. Much more efficient and realistic results.

Way to miss the point.

#287 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

cows are severely blind.

#288 Edited by MiiiiV (229 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Incredibly detailed. It's obvious that ps4 games can beat the best looking pc games in certain aspects when rendering much smaller scale and have less things going on.
But there is absolutely no visible aliasing whatsoever in the entire U4 trailer and that probably means that it's rendered at an extremely high resolution with lots of AA and that the final game won't look quite so polished.

#289 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

lololol!!!!

#290 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

lets not even talk about how badly destiny brutalizes bf4 in terms of graphics. ouch. its an mmo too bahaha

#291 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

@m3dude1: only you and a handful of delusional cows think this.

#292 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

no one with properly functioning eyes would say those bf4 screens look better than the uncharted 3 screens. the desert in bf4 actually looks like mario 64 style gouraud shaded polys in the distance lmao.

#293 Edited by cimbom1993 (38 posts) -

#294 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

no one with properly functioning eyes would say those bf4 screens look better than the uncharted 3 screens.

you are talking about screen shots. I actually have both games and have played and beaten both. It's not even worth me wasting my time debating which game looks better. You look stupid right now.

#295 Posted by Vaasman (11131 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lets not even talk about how badly destiny brutalizes bf4 in terms of graphics. ouch. its an mmo too bahaha

Destiny is not an MMO.

#296 Posted by faizan_faizan (7657 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

lololol!!!!

This is how Uncharted 3 looks? LOL.

#297 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2272 posts) -

Way to miss the point.

Was your point that Crysis 3 does in fact use certain PBR technologies? Well my point was that Ryse uses it fully. And my original point was that PBR is something that all next gen games have in common. I am also aware that the Cry Engine itself is capable of a lot more than what Crysis 3 shows us. Ryse actually uses more advanced assets than Crysis 3 as it was created for powerful hardware from the ground up with no last gen compromises.

#298 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@Crypt_mx: Except no you don't have pc titles that look better. The gameplay and videos make that painfully obvious.

lol gameplay? Something we hardly seen with these ps4 games

#299 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2272 posts) -
@remiks00 said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Do you realize that reducing geometry means recreating those assets and they simply don't have the budget to do so. They made those assets for the consoles first and just added engine effects to the PC version. Makes a great difference to image quality, but it's the same assets. From that video you can clearly see that the animations, geometry and AI are exactly the same as each other.

Please, tell me, how do you know that?

Why can't their engine be scalable enough to just reduce the quality of their meshes to a point where the PS3 won't struggle running them? How do you know their geometry is not tessellated and thus capable of being scaled back automatically, or that they can reduce the triangle count with a simple slider?

After all, all those great assets and effects you talk about can be compressed or reduced. Polygonal charge and geometry detail = can be reduced, animations and textures = can be compressed.

What does that leave us with? Oh yeah the AI and world density. But is Flopzone a game known for implementing game changing AI? Are the environments so vast and complex that would fill the PS3's RAM in a second? Is there a gameplay element that it's tied somehow to a "next gen" graphic effect, that its removal could compromise PS3's version to a point where the game would stop being Killzone: SF?

Or is it just another average shooter, that'd only look worse on PS3, just as C3 console version looks worse than its PC counterpart?

Generational leap? Better fundamentals like I described? You decide. It's not. Crysis 3 is a damn good looking game on max, but it's no different to the console version in assets. Uncharted 4 has drastically improved fundamental assets compared to Uncharted 3. The game code as a whole is in another leauge. The same can not be said for Crysis 3 on PC. Looks better and has better engine effects, but it's the same game. How much proof is needed?

I wonder if the fact that it's a completely different game has anything to do with that.

I'd expect Crysis 4 to use new assets as well. Though I hope that game never comes out.

Looks like he never responded, was talking out his ass, and ignored it. This thread ended on page 3, imo. You Sony fanboy's are seriously annoying as hell.

You tell me if they created higer poly count meshes for the PC version. Go ahead...

The rocks, character models and objects are the same mate. It's the way it is. That is the compromise Crytek had to make because of last gen consoles. You say all these things are better on the PC version then just look at the video and images and it confirms what I was saying. All assets are the same on both platforms. How about you email Cevat Yerli and get his confirmation? Do it.

#300 Edited by m3dude1 (823 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

@m3dude1 said:

lets not even talk about how badly destiny brutalizes bf4 in terms of graphics. ouch. its an mmo too bahaha

Destiny is not an MMO.

well it features levels far bigger than anything in bf4, doesnt have a shadow draw distance of 15 meters, doesnt have the entire level around u and all the assets in it constantly pop and seemingly terraform due to horrible lod, actually has dynamic lighting and shadows and i could go on and on.

oh and those skyboxes. bf4 skyboxes are bitmaps with color banding..lol pc gaming.