Uncharted 4 1080p, Targeting 60fps

#51 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2950 posts) -

@speak_low: Probably because they were CG. Looks at the past E3 reveal trailers. The in game end result looks almost nothing like the reveal trailers. They can say "rendered in real time" all they want. Im not buying it. Just you wait and see all the "visual downgrade confirmed" threads in 2015.

#52 Posted by ProjectPat187 (1977 posts) -
@Heirren said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

You Sony fans are terrible, and never have a clue wtf you are talking about.

Do you lack reading comprehension?

Do you lack a $2000 PC? Ofcourse, your too impressed with that weak PS4 LOL.

#53 Posted by farrell2k (5852 posts) -

Scripted animation and cows get a boner over it? It's good that you are finally going to get something decent looking in 1080p/60fps. Welcome to PC-style gaming from 6 years ago.

#54 Posted by blamix99 (1812 posts) -

sweet, Lems panicking above as always.. LOL

#55 Posted by Heirren (16819 posts) -

@Heirren said:

I mean really, what I said was a fact.

No seriously are you an idiot? I don't normally describe people as such, but what you had said holds WAY more truth in the pc sector, than that of consoles. I go to the store and see a $200 ps3 and a $400 ps4. The visuals are most definitely a step up from the ps3 in many ways. Then I go to newegg or amazon and put together a pc for $2000. The difference between the best looking pc game and that Uncharted 4 trailer is not that much--and we're looking at $400 vs upwards of $2000. Do you still not understand?

#56 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@Heirren said:

I mean really, what I said was a fact.

No seriously are you an idiot? I don't normally describe people as such, but what you had said holds WAY more truth in the pc sector, than that of consoles. I go to the store and see a $200 ps3 and a $400 ps4. The visuals are most definitely a step up from the ps3 in many ways. Then I go to newegg or amazon and put together a pc for $2000. The difference between the best looking pc game and that Uncharted 4 trailer is not that much--and we're looking at $400 vs upwards of $2000. Do you still not understand?

...but why do you need to build a $2000 PC? And you're comparing graphics with a trailer...

#57 Edited by Daious (1238 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@daious said:
@MonsieurX said:

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

More polygons =\= looking better

lolz

We don't even know Drake's polygon count. Its just over double.

Polygon Wars?

Characters in Ryse are over triple that of TLOU

And the order has even more than Ryse. Amazing...

Also doesn't TLOU have 30k polygon? Doesn't sound like over triple to me.

So if you are playing polygon wars with SW then you aren't on the winning side.

Next time you call someone out for not doing their research then you should probably do your own research.

#58 Posted by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

Scripted animation and cows get a boner over it? It's good that you are finally going to get something decent looking in 1080p/60fps. Welcome to PC-style gaming from 6 years ago.

Lol no, there weren't skin textures or character models like that until Crysis 3 and that's only a year old.

#59 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Visuals that the xbone will never have. :(

#60 Posted by stereointegrity (10706 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

wrong do ur research ryse have only 85k for poly count on main characters...infamous has 120k

#61 Posted by Daious (1238 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

wrong do ur research ryse have only 85k for poly count on main characters...infamous has 120k

Pretty sure he abandoned ship already

#62 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

Naughty Dog has set the bar for game graphics so damn high that I doubt the best graphics cards of 2018 will match Uncharted 4's graphics.

By then, there will already by another Naughty Dog game that shits on all PC games until the year 2030.

#63 Posted by Gue1 (9723 posts) -

Visuals that the xbone will never have. :(

that's what hurts them the most. The secret sauce is no more.

#64 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

That blog should not be trusted. Anyone remember what they said about Watch Dogs? 1080p? Absolutely possible. 60FPS? You're shitting me.

#65 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

Naughty Dog has set the bar for game graphics so damn high that I doubt the best graphics cards of 2018 will match Uncharted 4's graphics.

By then, there will already by another Naughty Dog game that shits on all PC games until the year 2030.

#66 Posted by Gue1 (9723 posts) -

@daious said:

@mrxboxone said:

@daious said:
@MonsieurX said:

More polygons =\= looking better

lolz

We don't even know Drake's polygon count. Its just over double.

Polygon Wars?

Characters in Ryse are over triple that of TLOU

And the order has even more than Ryse. Amazing...

Also doesn't TLOU have 30k polygon? Doesn't sound like over triple to me.

So if you are playing polygon wars with SW then you aren't on the winning side.

Next time you call someone out for not doing their research then you should probably do your own researcheven .

even Infamous SS has more than Ryse....

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/21382/article/infamous-second-son-used-120-000-polygons-per-character/

#67 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

I haven't seen a single PC game that looks as good as Uncharted 4.

Uncharted 4 makes the best PC games look like 1st year 360 games. It'll take at least 10 years for the Xbone to match PS4's graphics capabilities.

Already you see lemturds like tessellation and RR360DD damage controlling and panicking. It's gameover.

#68 Edited by Gue1 (9723 posts) -

That blog should not be trusted. Anyone remember what they said about Watch Dogs? 1080p? Absolutely possible. 60FPS? You're shitting me.

at least let us ride the wave for a while

#69 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

Uncharted 4 makes the best PC games look like 1st year 360 games. It'll take at least 10 years for the Xbone to match PS4's graphics capabilities.

Already you see lemturds like tessellation and RR360DD damage controlling and panicking. It's gameover.

all you saw was his face, and a blurry back ground...

Take off the fanboy goggles

#70 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

Damage control from a hermit who spent $4,000 on a rig weaker than the PS4. LOL

#71 Posted by lostrib (35635 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

Pretty sure my rig is more powerful than the PS4, and didn't cost anywhere close to $4K

but keep trying

#72 Posted by bublover1 (129 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

Pretty sure my rig is more powerful than the PS4, and didn't cost anywhere close to $4K

but keep trying

Yeah, more powerful than the PS4 yet there isn't a game that looks better than Uncharted 4. LOL...

#73 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

but keep trying

Yeah, more powerful than the PS4 yet there isn't a game that looks better than Uncharted 4. LOL...

a game that hasn't released, so we have no idea what it actually looks like

Slow your roll, fanboy

#74 Posted by AcidTango (565 posts) -

I really doubt that the game will run at 1080p and 60fps.

#75 Posted by da_illest101 (7435 posts) -

I will never understand why people get so excited over reveal trailers graphics. None of that trailer was in game. This is how we end up with all the "downgrade" threads when games get closer to launch.

I agree with you. As much as I love the uncharted series, unless I see gameplay footage I don't care

#76 Posted by j2zon2591 (2239 posts) -

Bummer.

I was hopping ND would do 792/900p @ 30 FPS.

Wish they'd go out with the visual effects but w/e.

Hope most of the fans are happy.

I just feel like it would look barely above UC 2/3 for the end product (except upscaled).

Didn't UC 3 get downgraded from the early trailers?

#77 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11390 posts) -

Atleast add co-op this time.... Proper co-op not that crap from the previous game.... That was horrible....

#78 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11390 posts) -

Atleast add co-op this time.... Proper co-op not that crap from the previous game.... That was horrible....

#79 Posted by Evo_nine (1713 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

is that why the ps4 runs watchdogs 900p 30fps? dat power? lol

sounds like someone is too poor to afford a pc.

#80 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2560 posts) -

X1 is dead

That glimpse of gameplay just killed it

#81 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

Well would be cool if they can pull it off.

#82 Posted by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -

@speak_low: Probably because they were CG. Looks at the past E3 reveal trailers. The in game end result looks almost nothing like the reveal trailers. They can say "rendered in real time" all they want. Im not buying it. Just you wait and see all the "visual downgrade confirmed" threads in 2015.

A downgrade could be possible. I don't think Joel and Ellie's game models were identical or as detailed as the cutscene models in The Last of Us. But still, the difference between the gameplay and cutscenes weren't that huge. We're seeing the gulf narrow dramatically these last few years (enough to fool some into thinking trailers for The Order, Deep Down and this trailer was still CG)

The big thing to take away is that this is not a pre-rendered CG movie of Nathan. A pre-rendered movie would utilize assets that have nothing to do with playable game engines. You cannot play with the CG models or luxuriate in the rendered environments from Dreamworks' How to Train Your Dragon or Pixar's Toy Story 3. You cannot traverse across rendered CG landscapes with CG models like you would in a game.

I believe ND when they say they are using an in-game model. The polygon count of Ryse, Infamous:SS and The Order are already in the hundreds of thousands, among the highest ever for any game. I would expect devs like ND and Quantic Dream to naturally push this barrier even further.

#83 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4927 posts) -

It does look pretty damn amazing. If it were any other dev I would write it off as pure BS. I'm not really hyped for the game itself, but I trust ND to deliver one of the best looking games around.

#84 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5861 posts) -
#85 Posted by WiiMan21 (8163 posts) -

That was pretty impressive. Can't wait for them to release some gameplay as well, I'd like to see how it looks in 60FPS.

#86 Edited by santoron (7717 posts) -

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

Or there's more to a game's graphical performance than the polys in a character?

#88 Posted by Wiimotefan (4075 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@farrell2k said:

Lol no, there weren't skin textures or character models like that until Crysis 3 and that's only a year old.

Not to mention that most devs (PC or console) aren't scouting out the best talent in the industry to work on their games.

The artists working on UC4 are among the best that money can buy. The guys that worked on that Drake model for example are the very same guys that are teaching the rest of the industry via CGworkshops, Zbrush workshops, Digital Tutors, Gnomon, etc... They're at the forefront.

People always look to the hardware and engines first and forget about the artists behind the scene that are making this stuff a reality. Sony is paying damn good money to staff up the best, they aren't fucking around.

#89 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (645 posts) -

I'd prefer 30fps with all they can squeeze from the PS4. Same for MGS.

It seems that devs are now too worried their games are not 60fps.

Is just simply not going to look that good at 1080p60, at least not on a technical level.

#90 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (645 posts) -
#91 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2449 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

and if people wonder if this is real all i can say is this is Naughty Gods!

That graphics bar is raised once again too a level XposBone will never reach!

even hermits cannot believe a 400$ console can output these visuals!

Yup, told you pre-rendered and not realtime. Seems like Crysis 2 from 2011 will remain unchallenged. UC4 you disappointed me and cows both. You were the cows last savior after KZ:SF, Famous for no Shadows, Out of Order 800p.

Oh well there's QD' movie though, so still have hope cows for matching Crysis 2.

#92 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

ITT: Lems in meltdown.

#93 Posted by super600 (30499 posts) -

I highly doubt this game will run at 1080P and 60fps if it looks that good. The game may have an unlocked framerate.

#94 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

For the idiots saying it's CGI:

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/...14_e3_trailer/

That’s Nathan Drake rendered in 1080p full glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in engine.

From Naughty Gods themselves.

#95 Posted by delta3074 (18092 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Already? So you know how every games on the X1 in the future will look?

@lglz1337 said:

xbone is weaker, what is left to discuss? Or do you still believe in the secret sauce?

i think it's highly likely that down the road there will be Xbone games that look better than UC4, it's called optimisation.

It doesn't matter that the Xbone is weaker than the Ps4 doesn't mean that a few years down the line it isn't putting out better visuals than what is essentially a first year game on the Ps4.

The graphics war between the two is far from over.

#96 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

@lostrib said:

@bublover1 said:

Seriously just stop. The PS4 is an awesome console, but it doesn't hold a candle to a gaming computer. You look rather silly right now.

#97 Posted by Wiimotefan (4075 posts) -

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

60 FPS version of the trailer... It looks like the PS4 is actually rendering everything, so I guess its not CGI.

http://nd.images.s3.amazonaws.com/video/U4-E3-Teaser-FINAL-Online-HQ-5994_H266_gamersyde-update.mp4

So CGI can't be 60fps?

I doubt it was rendered in real time, they would have specified it at the start of the trailer.

It's in-engine not in-game, as in actual gameplay.

In-engine is real time. All game engines are real time renderers. Of course being in-engine, not in-game, means that they know exactly what will be in the frame at all times so they can really go to town with lighting and effects as well as utilizing their highest lod models and textures. So yes, in all likelihood this does look better than it will in-game, but it's not a far off representation at all. You could say it's a bullshot in video form. Of course that's not uncommon, every video game with real time cutscenes does this.

As for your question, CGI can be rendered in any frame rate you want. Typically, most scenarios will have you rendering in 24fps, or 30fps, but there is nothing stopping anyone from rendering in 60fps. It's just pointless to do so.

#98 Posted by delta3074 (18092 posts) -
@daious said:

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

Since you keep on insisting, we still don't know Drake's polygon count. We just know it is over 60,000. Meanwhile, Marcus was 85,000 with Ryse running at 900p at 30fps.

Since you keep insisting that Ryse character has the most polygon count then you are wrong again. The order has 100,000 for each main character.

TLDR version: You are wrong about the Ryse having the most polygon count. The Order has more. Next time please refrain from making things up.

The order has not been released yet though so until it's released than Ryse is polygon king.

Trying to debunk people with an unreleased game,pretty lame dude.

For all you know the order could get downgraded before it's released,lets wait and see what polygon count the FINISHED game has when it releases eh?

#99 Edited by delta3074 (18092 posts) -
@Truth_Hurts_U said:

After seeing UC4... I want to see what Quantic Dream is cooking up.

If they made a ground up remake of Nomad soul i would buy a Ps4 tomorrow , as long as it was complete with the original david bowie soundtrack.

#100 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10476 posts) -

Played Uncharted 2 - great game but not my kind of game. Shame to, because they are very well made game. looking forward to seeing more of this game that I won't buy for my PS4. :/