Uncharted 4 1080p, Targeting 60fps

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (3023 posts) -

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

and if people wonder if this is real all i can say is this is Naughty Gods!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

That graphics bar is raised once again too a level XposBone will never reach!

even hermits cannot believe a 400$ console can output these visuals!

#2 Posted by Spitfire-Six (463 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

Pretty important and telling statement.

#3 Edited by Gue1 (9166 posts) -

but 60 frames will ruin the cinematic look!

Anyway that 60 frames will do wonders for the multiplayer and I hope it has a co-op too just like UC2 and 3 because people talk a lot of shit but I love Uncharted's multiplayer. The variety in weapon, maps, perks, kickbacks... It took me 3 years to start getting bored of it.

#4 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

Yes..... Now you can experience all that average gameplay in Smooth Clarity....

#5 Edited by Heirren (15991 posts) -

I don't think even the most balls deep pc fanboy can argue those visuals. It is the most impressive thing to grace games, visually.

#6 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (8611 posts) -

Also I'm pretty sure theres a sticky up there so...... Might get locked

#7 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (2935 posts) -

Should've been 24fps. I'm disappointed.

#8 Posted by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

in engine

#9 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (86966 posts) -

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

#11 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

The best just keeps on getting better :D

#12 Posted by Telekill (4233 posts) -

All Naughty Dog had to do was show an Uncharted 4 teaser and they did that, but the graphics floored me. I knew they were good, but I wasn't expecting that.

If they reach 60fps at 1080p or not, I don't care. So long as it's at least 30fps I'm happy. It's been a good E3.

#13 Posted by vincent380 (2237 posts) -

So im assuming this is the last Uncharted game?

#14 Edited by stereointegrity (10679 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

#15 Posted by Heirren (15991 posts) -

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (86966 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

#17 Edited by Daious (882 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

gotta love that 900p quicktime fest.

#18 Posted by charizard1605 (54485 posts) -

So im assuming this is the last Uncharted game?

No, why would you assume that? This is Sony's best series, they won't end it!

Anyway, this game looks stunning. Show us more soon please, Naughty Dog!

#19 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

Targeting 60fps is not actually having 60fps yet

Also the footage was a prerendered scene most likely cos that's what ND always do with reveals

In engine does not mean in game. There's a big difference

The game WILL however look amazing when it comes out, just not exactly like that. I'm annoyed that it's more of Nate and Sully, I'm so tired of their crap. but it seems to be the last Uncharted and that makes me happy. The series has overstayed its welcome

#20 Posted by MonsieurX (28751 posts) -

Already? So you know how every games on the X1 in the future will look?

@lglz1337 said:
GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

#21 Posted by xhawk27 (7089 posts) -

Yeah like Watch Dogs was in 1080p 60fps. Hahahahaha

#22 Posted by Tessellation (8792 posts) -

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

this and Weakstation 4 for ya

#23 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2597 posts) -

I will never understand why people get so excited over reveal trailers graphics. None of that trailer was in game. This is how we end up with all the "downgrade" threads when games get closer to launch.

#24 Edited by tonitorsi (8139 posts) -

Absolutely amazing. It took ND to demonstrate how its done.

#25 Posted by lostrib (31789 posts) -

Keyword being "targeting"

#26 Edited by Gue1 (9166 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Already? So you know how every games on the X1 in the future will look?

@lglz1337 said:
GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

xbone is weaker, what is left to discuss? Or do you still believe in the secret sauce?

#27 Posted by Heirren (15991 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

Well you must be a blind fanboy, then. I mean really, what I said was a fact. You've got people spending 1000 dollars on a graphics card, alone. It is THE VERY DEFINITION of the way you described the situation.

#28 Posted by happyduds77 (1375 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

Ploy count is meaningless if it doesn't have a good texture work.

#29 Posted by Evo_nine (1581 posts) -

@daious said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

gotta love that 900p

i know, it sucks the order is 900p but its the best you can you do when you have a cheap ass gpu.

#30 Posted by Gue1 (9166 posts) -

Also I'm pretty sure theres a sticky up there so...... Might get locked

that sticky is a mess of people trolling back and forth and so many quote chains it's a pain to read.

#31 Posted by melonfarmerz (1012 posts) -

Well then it probably looks shit. You can't have a beautiful game, 1080p, and 60 frames on the PS4's hardware. It's just not possible.

#32 Posted by vincent380 (2237 posts) -

@vincent380 said:

So im assuming this is the last Uncharted game?

No, why would you assume that? This is Sony's best series, they won't end it!

Anyway, this game looks stunning. Show us more soon please, Naughty Dog!

By the way the dialog the kept saying "one last time" then the title is a thief's end.

#33 Posted by MonsieurX (28751 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

Already? So you know how every games on the X1 in the future will look?

@lglz1337 said:
GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

xbone is weaker, what is left to discuss? Or do you still believe in the secret sauce?

So...?

Doesn't mean it won't be able to produce something later that will look better than a game out after a little bit more than 1 year of the initial release

#34 Edited by Daious (882 posts) -
@Evo_nine said:

@daious said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

gotta love that 900p

i know, it sucks the order is 900p but its the best you can you do when you have a cheap ass gpu.

What does the order have to do with a comparison between Ryse and UC4?

Both consoles have mid-range or below gpu. Surprise

#35 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (28751 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

More polygons =\= looking better

lolz

#37 Edited by Daious (882 posts) -

Does Uncharted 4 being the console graphic king really surprise anyone?

People should be talking about gameplay anyways. Gun play needs a complete rework. Enemies bullet sponges. Better platform mechanics.

Sony showed no real gameplay.

#38 Posted by Daious (882 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

More polygons =\= looking better

lolz

We don't even know Drake's polygon count. Its just over double.

Polygon Wars?

#39 Posted by ProjectPat187 (1967 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

You Sony fans are terrible, and never have a clue wtf you are talking about.

#40 Posted by PraetorianMan (1310 posts) -

@vincent380 said:

So im assuming this is the last Uncharted game?

No, why would you assume that? This is Sony's best series, they won't end it!

Anyway, this game looks stunning. Show us more soon please, Naughty Dog!

It *is* probably the last game with both Drake and Sully. One of them is probably going to die [the dialogue in the trailer heavily implied that].

#41 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

Absolutely amazing. It took ND to demonstrate how its done.

With a pointless teaser?

#42 Posted by m3dude1 (858 posts) -

0% chance this is 60 fps in single player

#43 Edited by Speak_Low (746 posts) -

Great work, ND.

lol at those that say there is no difference between current gen and last gen visuals. A lot of these Sony trailers had people thinking they were CG at first.

#44 Posted by Heirren (15991 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@foxhound_fox said:

8GB's of RAM and all they could manage is double the amount of polygons in a PS3 character model?

Yikes. Diminishing results much?

I'd say diminishing results would be closer to a 2000 dollar pc being outperformed by a 400 dollar ps4.

You Sony fans are terrible, and never have a clue wtf you are talking about.

Do you lack reading comprehension?

#45 Edited by foxhound_fox (86966 posts) -
@Heirren said:

I mean really, what I said was a fact.

#46 Posted by charizard1605 (54485 posts) -

By the way the dialog the kept saying "one last time" then the title is a thief's end.

It *is* probably the last game with both Drake and Sully. One of them is probably going to die [the dialogue in the trailer heavily implied that].

I'm predicting Sully's death

#47 Posted by Heil68 (42703 posts) -

PS4 the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created, matched with a TOP 5 GOAT makers=Pure gaming bliss.

#48 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

@daious said:
@MonsieurX said:

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

More polygons =\= looking better

lolz

We don't even know Drake's polygon count. Its just over double.

Polygon Wars?

Characters in Ryse are over triple that of TLOU

#49 Edited by Daious (882 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@stereointegrity said:

@mrxboxone said:

@lglz1337 said:

this game guys

dat GFX ZOMFG

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/06/10/uncharted-4-thiefs-end-trailer-debuts-e3-2014/

"That’s Nathan Drake rendered in full 1080p glory using the power of our PS4 engine. All footage you see in the trailer was captured completely in-engine. We’re targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and as you can see the visual fidelity for our character models will reach new heights. In fact, thanks to the power of the PS4, right now Drake’s Uncharted 4 model is over double the polygons of Joel from The Last of Us PS3."

GFX war between XposBone and ps4 came to a end today

So Ryse is still Polygon count king.........

ryse had downgraded polygon numbers...infamous has more polygons

Wrong. Do your research. Ryse characters have the most polygon counts of any next gen game. Looks like they are keeping that record.

Since you keep on insisting, we still don't know Drake's polygon count. We just know it is over 60,000. Meanwhile, Marcus was 85,000 with Ryse running at 900p at 30fps.

Since you keep insisting that Ryse character has the most polygon count then you are wrong again. The order has 100,000 for each main character.

TLDR version: You are wrong about the Ryse having the most polygon count. The Order has more. Next time please refrain from making things up.

#50 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9052 posts) -

After seeing UC4... I want to see what Quantic Dream is cooking up.