Uncharted 2 vs. The Last of Us

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) 7 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Uncharted 2 vs. The Last of Us (41 votes)

Uncharted 2 24%
The Last of Us 51%
neither, they both suck ass 22%

which gem is sony's true crowning achievement?

#1 Edited by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

both, they both kick lemming ass

#2 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The two most awarded games of last gen. How does one choose between the naughty gods masterpieces. I did go with tlou. The linear, cinematic games proving they are the best.

Thank you Sony, naughty gods, and Lord Kaz.

#3 Edited by cainetao11 (16655 posts) -

I actually liked uncharted 2 slightly more. From the time I played the first, it was my go to ps3 game series, like halo is on Xbox. TLOU is great stuff though.

#4 Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

i guess uncharted 2 is more "fun". but the last of us is better.

#5 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10025 posts) -

Yep. The Last Of Us.

The only great thing about Uncharted are the cutscenes and as a former hermit the graphics are more good than great. The gameplay is average, and the level design is counterintuitive.

#6 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10025 posts) -

Whats with all the cult like fandom. Geeze ! Its a game, not the covenant !

#7 Edited by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

Uncharted 2 easily

#8 Edited by padaporra (3389 posts) -

The Last of Us is superior in every way.

#9 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Uncharted 2. TLOU is a great game but Uncharted 2 really just improved over its predecessor in every single way and it was just overall more "fun".

#10 Posted by drekula2 (1898 posts) -

Whats with all the cult like fandom. Geeze ! Its a game, not the covenant !

BLASPHEMY!!!

YOU ARE UNWORTHY!!!!

lol :P

#11 Edited by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

The Last of Us is the best game of the generation for me. Uncharted 2 is a great, but The Last of Us is so much more in terms of story as well as gameplay.

#12 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10025 posts) -

@ drekula2

Lol. Oh yeah its funny. Untill mr. Xbox Done74 builds a damn "Naughty God" shrine complete with actual firearms (Uncharted) and fungus infected flesh (TLOU). Then its just creepy.

I'm not actually loyal to anything specific, just concepts like split screen or dirty videos, y'know general stuff.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38211 posts) -

TLOU cos it doesn't have the annoying Nathan Drake.

Though U2 is still awesome

#14 Posted by Sushiglutton (5216 posts) -

Both are amazing. Uncharted 2 is better paced and more varied. On the other hand TLOU has better characters/narrative and also somewhat better core gameplay. It's one of those opinions that changes on a daily basis, but today I guess I'd pick Uncharted 2 :).

#15 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

the goat tlou.

uc2 belongs in the bottom of the ocean where no one can ever find it again. such a disgrace to naughty dogs track record... lets pretend that game never happened, mkay guys? :)

#16 Edited by lamprey263 (22875 posts) -

Tomb Raider, it's what all the cool cats are talking about these days, TLOU is so last year

#17 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10025 posts) -

@ lamprey263

Good to know.

#18 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#19 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Whats your next thread "Which is better? Lumines or call of duty?"

Uncharted and last of us are nothing alike at all. Different characters, different tone, different setting, different game style, different everything. The only thing they share in common is that they both have a somewhat similar gameplay mechanic style, but by that account you could compare battlefield 4 to outlast simply because they have a similar gameplay mechanic and both are first person.

#20 Edited by Consternated (489 posts) -

"which gem is sony's true crowning achievement?"

LittleBigPlanet

#21 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5540 posts) -

i couldnt believe when my friend said that TLOU is better than UC2. But when i played it,fuck he was right.

That said,the COOP is much in UC2,,also UC2 had a LOT of game modes. TLOU has a laughable amount of *snickers* THREE XD

#22 Posted by ohgeez (910 posts) -

Haven't played TLOU yet, but i am eagerly awaiting the right time to play it

#23 Posted by jg4xchamp (47103 posts) -

The Last of Us

#24 Posted by blamix99 (1627 posts) -

im not picking one i just can't they're both Godlike games

#25 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15888 posts) -

I like the adventure setting of UC2 rather than the zombie-like setting of TLOU. So it's UC2 (although I like UC3 a bit better). Such games are flashes in the pan for me. They're good for one, maybe two walkthroughs at most unlike most PC games I own. But, it's a nice ride while it lasts.

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (46302 posts) -

lol its not even close. TLOU is an amazing game. UC2 is a good game but its incredibly overrated

#27 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8712 posts) -

inFAMOUS and inFAMOUS 2 were the best games I've played from Sony's stable followed closely by Ratchet and Clank a Crack in time.

Uncharted 2 felt like a showcase of bad game design in just about every aspect and while TLOU is probably better, I've seen that it shares many of those horrid qualities.

#28 Posted by vitonemesis (3141 posts) -

It's not even a competition, TLoU smokes UC2 like nothing.

#29 Posted by Sword-Demon (6946 posts) -

TLOU

I really don't understand why Uncharted 2 gets so much love.

#30 Posted by cooolio (439 posts) -

@Gargus: TLOU is basically built off of what Naughty Dog learned with Uncharted. Besides, they are both TPS adventure games. TLOU focuses on survival to though.

#31 Posted by with_teeth26 (6029 posts) -

both are equally overrated. Decent games with great production values, writing/set pieces and mediocre everything else. I'd argue the shootouts in UC2 were sub mediocre. So I guess TLOU takes the crown between the two.

#32 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5671 posts) -

Loved both, but probably LoU. Just.