Uncharted 1 is better then UC 2 and UC 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LanternCorps (57 posts) -

i dont know what you guys think, but i always liked Uncharted 1 more then its sequels....UC 2 is probably objectivelly a better "game"...but i like the atmosphere, the simple story....... awsome characters etc...

UC 1 actually feels like an adventure game, the story is simple but executed well, an treasure hunter goes to find a treasure on an island and its cursed......

and then UC 2 came followed by UC 3 and suddenly Nathan Drake is superman, discovering Ancient CIties, suriving plane crashes, ship crashes..it got to ridicilous and felt like it lost that magic

Uncharted 1 felt more like an adventure game then Uncharted 2 and 3,

#2 Posted by mems_1224 (46530 posts) -

no

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (7837 posts) -

Video games are mostly fantastical.

#4 Posted by PannicAtack (21017 posts) -

No. Uncharted 1 had those terrible sixaxis controls (fucking grenades) and the puzzles didn't make a lick of sense in regards to the story; so the journal of Sir Francis Drake that's supposed to lead to El Dorado has the solutions to these puzzle mechanisms that… have absolutely nothing to do with leading to El Dorado and just kinda take you to random places. That are in some cases crawling with armed guards despite the fact that you just opened the passageway.

Nothing makes any sense.

#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24891 posts) -

The Grenade Mechanics determine that's a lie.

#6 Edited by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

l actually agree. l liked the first the most.

Though lm not sure why. l never really thought about it, but l didn't enjoy myself as much while playing the next two as l did the first one. l just really disliked the level design and story of the second game and the controls and action in the third are a bit ridiculous. But lm sure no one else will see it that way

#7 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -

I liked 3 the best.

#8 Posted by Blabadon (25933 posts) -

TC FOR GAMESPOT USER OF 2014

ALL HAIL THE BEST GAME OF THIS GENERATION, UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE.

Seriously though, of course it is. That Uncharted 2 or 3 cannot match Uncharted 1 is not a knock against them but a reminder of the excellent gameplay and adventurous feeling that Naughty Dog made feel tantamount to an actual Uncharted setting.

You sir, are absolutely corrent.

#9 Posted by jg4xchamp (47326 posts) -
#10 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16118 posts) -

I love Uncharted 2 and sort of like Uncharted 3. I think Uncharted 1 was a bad game. The shooting was bad, the story was boring, the characters were not interesting, the quick time events were awful, and the puzzles and platforming were not memorable at all.

I don't understand how people can remember Uncharted 1 fondly with the dumb twist at the end and the tedious final boss fight.

#11 Posted by ToScA- (5464 posts) -

Didn't really like UC1. UC2 was great though. I have yet to play UC3.

#12 Posted by Netret0120 (2032 posts) -

Cool OPINION bro.

#13 Posted by Hoznary (539 posts) -

Listen here it goes guys! In uncharted one you actually felt like you where going to somewhere uncharted, in the other ones it actually felt like you just sight seeing while murdering hundreds of people, there is a lack of mystery in the rest of the uncharted and the endings where all the same. I have to agree, story wise it goes Uncharted 1>2>3>Golden Abyss but gameplay wise its 3>2>GA>1

#14 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Never liked UC1. If you're saying it's the best out of the 3 it motivates me even less to play through the other 2.

#15 Posted by locus-solus (499 posts) -

i'd enjoyed uncharted 1 and 2 about the same personally i think they're a little pretentious

#16 Posted by soulitane (13431 posts) -

Ew no, UC1 was an average game, UC 2 was great and so far UC3 is a little above average.

#17 Edited by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

First and foremost TC, here:

Then

The word then usually relates to time. It is most commonly used as an adverb.

Than

The word than introduces a comparison. It is most often seen with comparatives and words like more, less and fewer

More info on that over here.

---------------------------

All of what you mentioned happening in UC2&UC3 also happened in UC1. There were far more less "grand" action sequences, that is true but he was already a "Superman".

UC2 is clearly the better executed game of the trilogy, and this is coming from someone who Platinum'd all of them and put quite the substantial amount of time in UC2 & UC3 MP modes.

#18 Posted by blamix99 (1678 posts) -

Uncharted 1 is great, but Uncharted 2 is way much better than 1 and 3

#19 Edited by zekere (2509 posts) -

Nope, the second game is much better. It deserved a solid 10. In fact, it was soo good that the sequel, Uncharted 3 was way less received, although is still is a fantastic game.

#20 Posted by handssss (1821 posts) -

i dont know what you guys think, but i always liked Uncharted 1 more then its sequels....UC 2 is probably objectivelly a better "game"...but i like the atmosphere, the simple story....... awsome characters etc...

UC 1 actually feels like an adventure game, the story is simple but executed well, an treasure hunter goes to find a treasure on an island and its cursed......

and then UC 2 came followed by UC 3 and suddenly Nathan Drake is superman, discovering Ancient CIties, suriving plane crashes, ship crashes..it got to ridicilous and felt like it lost that magic

Uncharted 1 felt more like an adventure game then Uncharted 2 and 3,

You said it yourself. 2nd is objectively better. No, not just gameplay (but the gameplay and controls were defintiely improved), the varied locations and more interesting characters were definitely welcome. 1 is not a bad game by any means, but I grew so very tired of the setting only a third of the way into the game.

3 wasn't bad either, but I agree it was a huge disappointment. They knew they couldn't make a better game than 2, so they focused on just making crazier set pieces and forming the plot around that. This MIGHT have worked... if the plot didn't feel like it was mostly retreading what its predecessors already did.

#21 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1693 posts) -

If UC1 had multiplayer then it could of been the best because the MP would of been clean gun on gun, not the crazy blind fire auto aim, OP weapons, rocket out my a**, perks all over the place... uncharted 3 lol UC1 could of been clean AK/pistol only games, no crazy magic stuff.

#22 Edited by hippiesanta (9807 posts) -

@jake44 said:

I liked ALL 3 the best.

this ......... not going to argue the same frachise

#23 Posted by nutcrackr (12465 posts) -

2 > 1 > 3

UC2 is everything in one but done better with amazing locations and action scenes.

#24 Posted by g0ddyX (3906 posts) -

All three are good.
Parts of Uncharted 3 I liked more than Uncharted 2 and vice versa.
Introduction of Chloe and Tenzin was awesome in Uncharted 2 and the lawrence of arabia theme in Uncharted 3 was great etc.

Looking forward to Drake and the gangs next adventure or heist.

#25 Posted by mooooo99 (1243 posts) -

i really liked uc1, its a great game. but i dont think its better than uc2 and 3.

#26 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

I'm going to agree.

#27 Posted by Pariah- (645 posts) -

The game certainly had its virtues. I liked the story's unique take on the El Dorado legend as well as the pacing of its narrative. Also, more than any of the games in the series, it allowed for the most open-spaced gunfights.

I'd always get pissed off when I tried to throw a grenade though, and the NPCs had a peculiar practice of shooting from the hip even when you aimed down the rifle.

It's a good game, and there's a lot to love about it. But UC2 improves on it in almost every aspect.

#28 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21537 posts) -

UC1 is average today, i get why some like it more cause it feels more of an adventure than UC2 and more tomb raider/Indiana Jones.

But UC2 did everything better imo, gameplay, encounters, set pieces, animation, controls, graphics etc.