Um.. Ok.. so why are digital titles $60 again?

• 168 results
pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

because you own a console? Not that digital games should cost less than physical copies, the materials that go into printing and distributing a video game amount to a very small $4 per copy. So maybe $5 less.

source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8b7438c970b-600wi

I've read other articles that even go as low as a US dollar or less.

Very few games are worth $60 to begin with. I don't know how they even make sales when the prices remain at that level for so long.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic:

sure you do

I live and work in the UK, have been in business almost 18 years. I am dealing with contracts worth hundreds of thousand of pounds on a daily basis....I guess i must have been dreaming when the company i work with flew us to las vegas for 3 nights all expenses paid last year based on our good performance.

you know **** all

Which is not retail. Which I work in...and I have a business degree in business.

You know **** all....

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#53  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@sts106mat: You're trying too hard. Some people aren't worth the time, nor effort.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Consolites will take whatever console makers give them and like it.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@asylumni said:

This is the correct answer. Consoles are sold at a minimal markup at retail, so if they can't make a large profit of games, they won't sell either and you have another PSP Go.

Actually it's quite wrong. Supply and demand. Games are sold for that price physically.....so they set that price. If the games didn't sell they would be reduced. However, since they are being bought the demand is there. It's capitalism...it's basic economics. Has nothing to do with brick and mortar stores. If they had any clout Amazon would increase prices.

Post fail....and you bought it.

No. Those two posters are correct, it is you that is wrong.

MS / Sony / Nintendo (all publishers etc) have relationships with retailers (both brick and mortar as well as online), they have a symbiotic relationship. which is why, you now see retailers selling digital codes / content.

Hahahahaha....you guys are funny. Guess MS, Sony, and Nintendo will still put their products in stores....and Gamestop etc will cease to exist if they don't sell their products....so really Gamestop is MORE not LESS dependent.

And none of you know a damn thing about business.

So you recognize that Gamestop's whole business is based on selling new and used games. So perhaps you could use all that business knowledge to explain why Gamestop would sell a console that undermined that very business? Why would any retailer sell a console for about cost without the hopes of making a profit on the games? And what would happen to the sales of a console that is only sold by the manufacturer and it's competition is given marketing and displays at every major retailer?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

To put it simple, greed. Also it's not just on consoles it's rampant on PC also.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Gaming is a business too. Digital movies can be as much as their disc counterpart. This is why I game share with my bro on the Xbox One. At least one of us could buy a new release at $60 but both of us could play on each of our consoles. Also I'm glad there's various ways to gather up Xbox credits and there's also sales for them. I wish the PS4 would let you game share like PS3 and Xbox One.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@locopatho said:

Everything is worth what it's purchaser will pay for it.

Translation - If people don't buy at 60, the price will go down.

Yes, but that ruins the economy - as if the games were priced more reasonably from the get-go - especially the ones from the makers that know they aren't very good, the sales would've been better. The publishers have to actively keep track of the sales and change their pricing more often according to the situation.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

They don't want to piss off the retailers

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Aren't those little plastic discs only like $0.05 anyway.

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

Its business. Let's be honest the console makers have a rough enough time making money. If you don't like the price wait for the inevitable drop

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@OhSnapitz said:

Maybe I missed the memo but I was under the impression that publishing, manufacturing costs, Marketing ect.. all contributed to a games pricing. So could someone explain why games ( not all mind you) are selling for $60 USD on PS4 PSN? I can only assume the same holds truefor XBO.

Saving on shipping, manufacturing costs, materials, and retail markup alone should knock a nice chunk off the retail costs for consumers.

It was that way on the 360, when a title first released Digital it was the same price as Retail and in some cases even more expensive, in the case of Skyrim it was 45 quid on XBL games on demand but i could pick it up at retail for 40 quid.

Microsoft and SONY are not doing it right quite frankly, they have not embraced one of the Biggest Draws of Digital downloads which is games being Cheaper.

They should take a serious look at Steams Business model and realise that Cheaper games and awesome deals all the time is one of the many reasons steam is so successful.

Microsofts DRM policies are aweful as Well, with the 360 the DRM is tied to the Console and not to the Account, if you billbox breaks you have to transfer your license to the new console and you can only do that once every 4 months.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@pyro1245 said:

because you own a console? Not that digital games should cost less than physical copies, the materials that go into printing and distributing a video game amount to a very small $4 per copy. So maybe $5 less.

source: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0120a8b7438c970b-600wi

I've read other articles that even go as low as a US dollar or less.

Very few games are worth $60 to begin with. I don't know how they even make sales when the prices remain at that level for so long.

By reading that.. $4 is calculated for Distribution/Goods and $7 for Returns by the retailers. Two fees that are negated by Digital products.

So theoretically DD games should cost around $49.00 (USD) new. It's funny.. that was my guess as to how much these games SHOULD cost.

I honestly believe that retailers have a hand in the pricing structure of Digital content. Manufacturer's don't want to "rock the boat" with the sellers of there physical media.

btw, thanks for the post.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

I agree, its fucking bullshit. There is no excuse why DD games cost the same as retail games since there is no middle man involved..they should be at least $40-$50.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#67  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Gue1 said:

digital games are a scam anyway.

Your account gets hacked you lose everything. After the console is phased out your HDD fails, and you lose everything. You pay full price for digital and you can't even share your games or sell em. And not to mention all the wasted bandwidth in having to download 20GB+ games (and only getting bigger) and then having to download it again if the console fails or something like that happens. Then we have the multiple issues with servers and DRM, etc., etc.

This digital future has more drawbacks than having both or just physical alone.

It has drawbacks, but certainly just as many/less than physical copies.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#68  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@Cranler said:

Convenience, save gas money, no tax and downloading is faster than shipping. Still should be cheaper though.

The manufacturing/printing costs of the discs themselves are not even $1 in bulk, so it's just a matter of how much an entire shipment costs to get to the destination, the "overhead" costs of the store to stock it and maintain inventory. I could see that totalling up to about $10 for a mass produced game - it probably varies a bit depending on how many units are produced/shipped. The bigger the game, the less each unit costs to distribute physical copies. Everything else is marketing, development costs, inflated executive bonuses at EA/Activision, etc.

That being said, they should probably knock about $5 or $10 off digital games. For a $59.99 game, the digital version should be $49.99. From a customer point of view, it seems crazy to pay the same price for digital. If not just for the fact that you cant re-sell or trade in a digital game. Also it totally eliminates inventory risk (i.e. having inventory you can only sell for a loss). However expectations for more radical discounting for digital version is off base.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@asylumni said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@asylumni said:

This is the correct answer. Consoles are sold at a minimal markup at retail, so if they can't make a large profit of games, they won't sell either and you have another PSP Go.

Actually it's quite wrong. Supply and demand. Games are sold for that price physically.....so they set that price. If the games didn't sell they would be reduced. However, since they are being bought the demand is there. It's capitalism...it's basic economics. Has nothing to do with brick and mortar stores. If they had any clout Amazon would increase prices.

MS / Sony / Nintendo (all publishers etc) have relationships with retailers (both brick and mortar as well as online), they have a symbiotic relationship. which is why, you now see retailers selling digital codes / content.

Hahahahaha....you guys are funny. Guess MS, Sony, and Nintendo will still put their products in stores....and Gamestop etc will cease to exist if they don't sell their products....so really Gamestop is MORE not LESS dependent.

So you recognize that Gamestop's whole business is based on selling new and used games. So perhaps you could use all that business knowledge to explain why Gamestop would sell a console that undermined that very business? Why would any retailer sell a console for about cost without the hopes of making a profit on the games? And what would happen to the sales of a console that is only sold by the manufacturer and it's competition is given marketing and displays at every major retailer?

Gamestop is in the business of selling video games and consoles. They don't have much choice but to sell whatever gaming consoles the manufacturers produce - even if it might be against their long term interests. The alternative would be to develop their own console or content (i.e. Barnes and Noble creating the Nook, instead of selling Amazon's Kindle). That didn't work out so well for them, at the end of the day Gamestop has an inevitable fate where their business model is irrelevant.

If Sony or MS produced a console that was 100% digital, Gamestop could say no to stocking it on principal. But I'm sure Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, etc would all stock the hardware regardless of the trends in physical packaged games. I do think Gamestop still has barely enough power that if one console went all digital, and the other didn't, that it would be hard for the "all digital" console to win the console war. That's probably why all new generation consoles still support physical discs. However I think we are probably 1 generation away from where that won't even matter anymore.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@silversix_ said:

Should be 44.99

F that! 39.99

of course cheaper is better but if there was a $15 difference i'd certainly consider getting games digitally, right now i only get boxed copy.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#71 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@highking_kallor said:

Pure Greed

Game developers don't exist to make you happy. They are businesses trying to make a living for themselves.

"Greed" doesn't even factor into this discussion. These people work 80-100 hour work weeks to get the game out on time so people like you don't complain that it is "delayed". They give up a paycheque for the entire development cycle, not knowing whether their work will in fact get them paid in the end because people like you complain their game isn't "good enough" and skip buying it.

Yeah, that isn't the way anything works. When you buy something with a high profile brand name (I.E most of the stuff you purchase) only a tiny fraction of that money actually goes to the people who make it. The rest goes to the world of middlemen and financiers. The folks who do the grunt work tend to be the largest numerically, but they also tend to share one of the smallest pieces of the pie.

The difference between a $50 copy of Titanfall and a $60 copy of Titanfall is that EA and Microsoft get to split an extra ten dollars. The people who actually built the code can end up jobless after the game is released regardless of if the game is a hit or a bomb.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

@asylumni said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@asylumni said:

Gamestop is in the business of selling video games and consoles. They don't have much choice but to sell whatever gaming consoles the manufacturers produce - even if it might be against their long term interests. The alternative would be to develop their own console or content (i.e. Barnes and Noble creating the Nook, instead of selling Amazon's Kindle). That didn't work out so well for them, at the end of the day Gamestop has an inevitable fate where their business model is irrelevant.

If Sony or MS produced a console that was 100% digital, Gamestop could say no to stocking it on principal. But I'm sure Target, Wal-Mart, Costco, etc would all stock the hardware regardless of the trends in physical packaged games. I do think Gamestop still has barely enough power that if one console went all digital, and the other didn't, that it would be hard for the "all digital" console to win the console war. That's probably why all new generation consoles still support physical discs. However I think we are probably 1 generation away from where that won't even matter anymore.

But why would Target, Walmart, Cosco, etc. sell a console for little to no gains with no hope for a hefty profit on the games? It's not just Gamestop that likes the retail markup on video games.

The only way any store would carry such a console is if, like PC's, there was a healthy markup on the hardware. Then we would have, say, the PS4 for $500 or even $600. How well did the PS3 do at that price? (And that was when Sony was losing more than $200 each.)

Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

Because you are getting the exact same game. The physical materials are just the cost of business for the publisher.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#74  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Gue1 said:

digital games are a scam anyway.

Your account gets hacked you lose everything. After the console is phased out your HDD fails, and you lose everything. You pay full price for digital and you can't even share your games or sell em. And not to mention all the wasted bandwidth in having to download 20GB+ games (and only getting bigger) and then having to download it again if the console fails or something like that happens. Then we have the multiple issues with servers and DRM, etc., etc.

This digital future has more drawbacks than having both or just physical alone.

This. Thank you for saying this.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#75 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@silversix_ said:

Should be 44.99

F that! 39.99

of course cheaper is better but if there was a $15 difference i'd certainly consider getting games digitally, right now i only get boxed copy.

I agree. But the Digitals I do own on consoles were all bought on sale. 360 34 games, and PS3 27, not including the PS+ ones.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

I don't like a full price on digital games. I mean some games actually should cost more than $60 whether it's digital or on discs because they deserve it and some games deserve to cost $40 mostly those multiplayer games like COD for example or even Evolve. Anyways, pricing is f***ed up and no one has looked into it. The industry is changing and digital games is becoming the norm, yet the market fails to meet customers expectation. No way I am buying games at $60 on PSN NO WAY! except the ones I really want

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Breaking NEWS!!!!!!

Publishers are Greedy.

Avatar image for highking_kallor
highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 highking_kallor
Member since 2014 • 594 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:
@highking_kallor said:

Pure Greed

Game developers don't exist to make you happy. They are businesses trying to make a living for themselves.

"Greed" doesn't even factor into this discussion. These people work 80-100 hour work weeks to get the game out on time so people like you don't complain that it is "delayed". They give up a paycheque for the entire development cycle, not knowing whether their work will in fact get them paid in the end because people like you complain their game isn't "good enough" and skip buying it.

"Greed" is wanting something for nothing. Wanting a game developer to bend to YOUR will and give you a high quality product for only the amount you are willing to pay them.

Gaming is a business, first and foremost, and if developers can't make money, then they won't be continuing to make games. It's people like you that are killing gaming, and making some businesses go under. Demanding higher and higher budget products for less and less money.

--

The best thing people can do to support gaming is to buy a game digitally. That way almost ALL the money you paid goes directly into the developer's pockets. Especially the ones that don't use publishing companies.

If you believe all that crap you wrote, you are more of an idiot than I thought. Way to be a corporate shill. Keep choking on whatever bs they feed you. There is no reasonable reason for them to be the same price. End of story.

It's dumbass like you that just go along with it that have caused this in the first place.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

ok well if there is a price difference for digital games on consoles it could be for a few reasons. maybe they're not allowed to undercut retailers carrying the games, maybe the publishing costs for PSN/XBL are quite steep, maybe there are extra QA steps.

i don't know.

DANCE MAGIC DANCE

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

I like having hard copies, but Im not going to say no to digital when it starts being worth the difference. Until then, I'll just keep going to Gamestop when I get paid to pick up whatever I want, unless of course its like Outlast where they dont have hard copies available (For Xbox One)

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

Pure Greed

They save so much in packaging, shipping costs, etc there is absolutely no reason a digital copy should cost as much as a physical title, yet this is the shitty world we live in. Hell, even a digital console copy has a reasonable guarantee of they bought it new instead of paying $5 less for buying it used at Gamestop.

Until people start complaining and back it up with lower sales the cycle will never change.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 YearoftheSnake5

@highking_kallor:

@foxhound_fox said:
  • Game developers don't exist to make you happy. They are businesses trying to make a living for themselves.
  • These people work 80-100 hour work weeks to get the game out on time
  • They give up a paycheque for the entire development cycle, not knowing whether their work will in fact get them paid
  • "Greed" is wanting something for nothing.
  • Gaming is a business, first and foremost, and if developers can't make money, then they won't be continuing to make games.
  • ...buy a game digitally. That way almost ALL the money you paid goes directly into the developer's pockets. Especially the ones that don't use publishing companies.

Fact, fact, fact, and yet more facts. He's stating the truth - not being what you call 'a corporate shill'. A stupidly huge amount of work goes into making games.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By highking_kallor

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@highking_kallor:

@foxhound_fox said:
  • Game developers don't exist to make you happy. They are businesses trying to make a living for themselves.
  • They give up a paycheque for the entire development cycle, not knowing whether their work will in fact get them paid
  • Gaming is a business, first and foremost, and if developers can't make money, then they won't be continuing to make games.
  • ...buy a game digitally. That way almost ALL the money you paid goes directly into the developer's pockets. Especially the ones that don't use publishing companies.

Fact, fact, fact, and yet more facts. He's stating the truth - not being what you call 'a corporate shill'. A stupidly huge amount of work goes into making games.

You two are morons. They saving on freight, packaging and you got to use your own data to download the game. Why are they the same price again? But it’s not greed? Why then? They save cost yet keep the money themselves? You buy digital games at the same rrp price yet it cost you more in the end and you have less rights. Way to go!

Looking after the consumer once again.

Oh and dont keep crying they work hard. We all do. Dosent mean its ok to ripoff your customers.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

If you believe all that crap you wrote, you are more of an idiot than I thought. Way to be a corporate shill. Keep choking on whatever bs they feed you. There is no reasonable reason for them to be the same price. End of story.

It's dumbass like you that just go along with it that have caused this in the first place.

How old are you? Have you ever owned/operated a business?

Do you have any idea how a business is run and how the concept of making money works?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 foxhound_fox
@highking_kallor said:

They saving on freight, packaging and you got to use your own data to download the game.

Wanting to make money is not greed.

You clearly must either be a teenager with no world experience, or completely out to lunch.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 highking_kallor

@foxhound_fox said:
@highking_kallor said:

They saving on freight, packaging and you got to use your own data to download the game.

You clearly must either be a teenager with no world experience, or completely out to lunch.

Not going to respond anymore. You clearly dont have a clue and are helping these companies to abuse you. Good one.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#87 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Because of stupid publishers like Ubisoft and Activision.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic:

sure you do

I live and work in the UK, have been in business almost 18 years. I am dealing with contracts worth hundreds of thousand of pounds on a daily basis....I guess i must have been dreaming when the company i work with flew us to las vegas for 3 nights all expenses paid last year based on our good performance.

you know **** all

Which is not retail. Which I work in...and I have a business degree in business.

You know **** all....

To be honest, if your business degree was in something other than business that would be rather surprising

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@highking_kallor said:

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@highking_kallor:

@foxhound_fox said:

You two are morons. They saving on freight, packaging and you got to use your own data to download the game. Why are they the same price again? But it’s not greed? Why then? They save cost yet keep the money themselves? You buy digital games at the same rrp price yet it cost you more in the end and you have less rights. Way to go!

Oh and dont keep crying they work hard. We all do. Dosent mean its ok to ripoff your customers.

...because apparently that is what the market is willing to pay?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Because people are buying them at $60.

this..most gamers don't know the reasons why most games are sold for $60..so why not take advantage of it

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 foxhound_fox

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@highking_kallor said:

Not going to respond anymore. You clearly dont have a clue and are helping these companies to abuse you. Good one.

So you are giving up because you don't have an argument to stand on? Alright then.

I hope you never own a business that employs other people.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@lostrib:

i swear that once upon a time he said he had a bachelor of science degree.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@asylumni said:
@YearoftheSnake5 said:

So that big retailers, like Gamestop, don't get pissed off at publishers undercutting them. They can say whatever they want about the 'value' of a game, but it's all about appeasing those who sell your consoles.

Not so, they are both just as dependant on each other, Digital Distribution makes up nowhere near enough of the Market for games to support publishers with DD alone (34%) they need the retail branches to get there product to customers who Buy retail, customers who still make up the Bulk of the Market (66%).

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 highking_kallor

@foxhound_fox said:

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox said:
@highking_kallor said:

So you are giving up because you don't have an argument to stand on? Alright then.

Why waste my time. Your wrong. You cant see it. I dont care if you continue to sprout off like a moron.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By foxhound_fox

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Why waste my time. Your wrong. You cant see it. I dont care if you continue to sprout off like a moron.

You claim that I am wrong. So prove it.

If you are willing to start an argument, and have a reasonable position to stand on, then you should be more than capable and willing to see it through to it's conclusion. If you cannot argue my point, and just claim that I am wrong without any proof or reasoning, then you are failing to prove your point and failing the argument.

Backing down and saying "I won't argue with a moron" just makes you look stupid. At the very least prove your point with some evidence.

highking_kallor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By highking_kallor

@foxhound_fox said:

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox said:

If you are willing to start an argument, and have a reasonable position to stand on, then you should be more than capable and willing to see it through to it's conclusion. If you cannot argue my point, and just claim that I am wrong without any proof or reasoning, then you are failing to prove your point and failing the argument.

Backing down and saying "I won't argue with a moron" just makes you look stupid. At the very least prove your point with some evidence.

You fail to comprehend simple concepts. Not going to waste anymore of my time.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By foxhound_fox

@highking_kallor said:

@foxhound_fox said:

You fail to comprehend simple concepts. Not going to waste anymore of my time.

What are these "simple concepts". You don't even understand the basics of a debate. You say I'm stupid? You can't be right by claiming your opponent is wrong without reason.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Because video games exist for one reason, and one reason only.

Not for artistic expression.

Not to make you happy.

To make money.

That's it.

$60 is more money than an amount of money less than $60. And publishers think they can get that much money for them. When sales dwindle, prices are lowered to again boost sales.

YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By YearoftheSnake5

@highking_kallor said:

Oh, come on. Quit with the name calling. It doesn't help prove anybody's point.

I never said they should be the same price. If anything, I believe the digital version should be a bit cheaper for the reasons you describe. Even by making the games $50, they'll achieve a higher profit than if they were at retail(depending on digital policies, of course). I stated why I think the prices are the same earlier in the thread.

Foxhound did have some truth to his post, though. Perhaps I should have presented that a little differently. Apologies if I came across as condescending.