UK Charts W/e 12 April - Titanfall back on Top - Infallamous

• 194 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

How Infamous is doing is a reflection of all the poor games on the PS4 and soon will reflect the console as a whole.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#153 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

How Infamous is doing is a reflection of all the poor games on the PS4 and soon will reflect the console as a whole.

Kinect Sports Rivals and Plants versus Zombies is already emblematic of how disastrous the Xbone is, Justin.

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Blah blah blah, more Titandroning from sts106mat. Just as well, you got nothing else coming out on the Shitbox Done except Soda Drinker Pro. ".....I barely seen you talk about infamous" Yeah, unlike you, I actually play it. :)

I unwind from enjoying the best console ever made by crushing lemming dreams and supping lemming tears. It's a nice arrangement that will continue for many years. :)

I've avoided pretty much every Tittyballs thread, I can't stand the smell of lemming shit. Besides, this is a sales thread. Why did KSR and PvZ flop?

That's the sad part, you rather talk shit about Titanfall than praise Infamous which you also play, you haven't even played Titanfall...

KSR and PvZ are games for the big audience, at this point in time, mostly hardcore gamers bought the console.

I'm sorry, is there an Infamous praise quota I'm supposed to have met?

The big audience ain't ever coming. You really should start supporting your own games.

#154 Edited by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Blah blah blah, more Titandroning from sts106mat. Just as well, you got nothing else coming out on the Shitbox Done except Soda Drinker Pro. ".....I barely seen you talk about infamous" Yeah, unlike you, I actually play it. :)

I unwind from enjoying the best console ever made by crushing lemming dreams and supping lemming tears. It's a nice arrangement that will continue for many years. :)

I've avoided pretty much every Tittyballs thread, I can't stand the smell of lemming shit. Besides, this is a sales thread. Why did KSR and PvZ flop?

bullcrap. go look at your post history haha. so i dont have Alien Isolation, Arkham Knight, Quantum Break, shadow of mordor etc to worry about all coming at once later in the year? good job titanfall has plenty of legs...with free additional modes on the way never done before things like rifts and hashtag matchmaking oh and new groundbreaking DLC maps coming next month.

you "unwind" from playing games? Well thats weird, most people play games to unwind...must be a weird world where you are wound up playing video games....or maybe the lack of a decent game on PS4 is what is winding you up. perhaps you are upset that Infamous is now boring and you have nothing else to play haha

KSR and PVZ, i have zero interest in actually neither are my thing. if they flopped in sales, its probably because Xbox owners are happily playing titanfall or bought the digital version of PVZ.

#155 Posted by MrYaotubo (2874 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Titanfall hit million units sold yet? inFAMOUS has on one platform.

easily, seeing as how it was the biggest selling game of the year at launch of the year in the UK and also US no doubt. EA will probably announce a large figure come NPD.

Biggest selling game of the year? Didn´t Diablo 3 RoS sold like 3 million copies on the PC in a week?

#156 Posted by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

easily, seeing as how it was the biggest selling game of the year at launch of the year in the UK and also US no doubt. EA will probably announce a large figure come NPD.

Biggest selling game of the year? Didn´t Diablo 3 RoS sold like 3 million copies on the PC in a week?

We are talking about AT RETAIL.....In the UK.

#157 Posted by misterpmedia (5976 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Don't try and apply logic to lems and their Titanfall. Often falls on blind eyes.

#159 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

bullcrap. go look at your post history haha. so i dont have Alien Isolation, Arkham Knight, Quantum Break, shadow of mordor etc to worry about all coming at once later in the year? good job titanfall has plenty of legs...with free additional modes on the way never done before things like rifts and hashtag matchmaking oh and new groundbreaking DLC maps coming next month.

you "unwind" from playing games? Well thats weird, most people play games to unwind...must be a weird world where you are wound up playing video games....or maybe the lack of a decent game on PS4 is what is winding you up. perhaps you are upset that Infamous is now boring and you have nothing else to play haha

KSR and PVZ, i have zero interest in actually neither are my thing. if they flopped in sales, its probably because Xbox owners are happily playing titanfall or bought the digital version of PVZ.

Multiplat, multiplat, could be good if pulled off correctly, multiplat. You bought a $500 for a bunch of far-off multiplats that'll perform worse. GG. $10 for 3 "groundbreaking" maps, woo! Don't go too mad, Respawn.

What, you don't have to take a break from your intensive sessions of running around in circles shooting bots in TF? Must be a very casual game. Maybe Soda Drinker Pro will give you a challenge.

Oh, so lemmings don't buy their own games then. Good to know.

@FastRobby said:

No, I just think it's sad that you shit on a game and console you don't own, and you don't talk about the once you do have. To me that tells me that you have nothing good to say about the PS4 and Infamous, so you just talk shit about the Xbox One and Titanfall.

The Xbone is pure cancer, so I can't resist. Here's something nice about the PS4: it's a fantastic games console with a bright future unlike the Bone.

@misterpmedia said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Don't try and apply logic to lems and their Titanfall. Often falls on blind eyes.

#Rekt

#160 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I hope so too! Fastest selling game in the InFamous series, if Sony get that from all their exclusives then i'm sure they'll be happy. Highest rated exclusive of the gen too i believe.

That plus how it's outselling the X1 across all the multiplats does reflect well on the way the PS4 is going this gen, complete domination!

#161 Posted by LJS9502_basic (156860 posts) -

UK isn't the world. And post official numbers rather than guesses.

#162 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I hope so too! Fastest selling game in the InFamous series, if Sony get that from all their exclusives then i'm sure they'll be happy. Highest rated exclusive of the gen too i believe.

That plus how it's outselling the X1 across all the multiplats does reflect well on the way the PS4 is going this gen, complete domination!

Sure there are plus sides to the negatives. The negatives are insurmountable and growing at a staggering rate. The rate is accelerating. Sony is in a downward spiral and its best game is one of the lead sinkers bringing it down.

#163 Posted by misterpmedia (5976 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sure there are plus sides to the negatives. The negatives are insurmountable and growing at a staggering rate. The rate is accelerating. Sony is in a downward spiral and its best game is one of the lead sinkers bringing it down.

List them and the growing number. How fast is it accelerating? Point me in the direction of where the PS4 is in a downwards spiral. You have until I get back from the shops. Don't disappoint me narclem.

#164 Edited by MrYaotubo (2874 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Oh ok,so it´s only the best selling game in specific sectors but overall neither Titanfall or Infamous are the best selling games of the year,not even close,in fact it seems that both together still sold less than RoS.

#165 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

List them and the growing number. How fast is it accelerating? Point me in the direction of where the PS4 is in a downwards spiral. You have until I get back from the shops. Don't disappoint me narclem.

*cracks knuckles* Well, we have CEOs, employees, studios that are quitting, getting fired and closing.

We have more typical Sony lies that cows kick under the rug and refuse to acknowledge. Example 1080i KZ MP debacle.

Microsoft has shown real world tech demos of The Cloud in action as well as DX12. Sony infrastructure and hardware has nothing to combat this. Sony has Gaikai, LULZ. Streaming PS2 games isn't going to save a dying company. It will cost more to get the damn thing off the ground and they will be dreaming if they want a profit from this.

Sony has no games isn't something just a few people have dreamed up. Sure Infamous is here but has already been forgotten about and this was the "Big" game for 2014. You better pray The Order is good.

Sony will have a typical E3 were they show lots of CGI for games that will not come out for years. Cows and Ponies will buy into it as usual as Sony will have a harder time than ever to deliver, which brings us to their financial state.

Microsoft will show this E3 that they have procured a boatload of exclusives, studios and deals to win the hearts of gamers. Sony will not be able to compete financially.

#166 Edited by misterpmedia (5976 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Oh ok,so it´s only the best selling game in specific sectors but overall neither Titanfall or Infamous are the best selling games of the year,not even close,in fact it seems that both together still sold less than RoS.

I guess he should have been more specific with the hyperbolic statement but this sums up what he meant:

#168 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

*cracks knuckles* Well, we have CEOs, employees, studios that are quitting, getting fired and closing.

We have more typical Sony lies that cows kick under the rug and refuse to acknowledge. Example 1080i KZ MP debacle.

Microsoft has shown real world tech demos of The Cloud in action as well as DX12. Sony infrastructure and hardware has nothing to combat this. Sony has Gaikai, LULZ. Streaming PS2 games isn't going to save a dying company. It will cost more to get the damn thing off the ground and they will be dreaming if they want a profit from this.

Sony has no games isn't something just a few people have dreamed up. Sure Infamous is here but has already been forgotten about and this was the "Big" game for 2014. You better pray The Order is good.

Sony will have a typical E3 were they show lots of CGI for games that will not come out for years. Cows and Ponies will buy into it as usual as Sony will have a harder time than ever to deliver, which brings us to their financial state.

Microsoft will show this E3 that they have procured a boatload of exclusives, studios and deals to win the hearts of gamers. Sony will not be able to compete financially.

Like Marc Whitten quitting and untold numbers at MS studios being laid off? Like a 20% CPU boost will save the Xbone? Like the Xbone has no games coming out over the next few months? CGI demos ike MS did at their E3 last year? It will be funny to see what meagre offerings MS can drag out after Elop and Myerson closed the purse strings. I love it when Justin demonstrates his ignorance. The Xbone is dead.

@FastRobby said:

Bright future? It doesn't even have updates...

Updates are the only thing the Xbone has because it's desperately being dragged out of beta.

#169 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22638 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

By which standard ? By gamespot score ?

#171 Edited by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

grenade, your killng me bro. Just shtap plz

#172 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

Bright future? It doesn't even have updates...

Updates are the only thing the Xbone has because it's desperately being dragged out of beta.

Call me when you have DLNA, who is in beta exactly?

Best you can do? "Muh media box!" I can at least call you for getting friends notifications!

#174 Edited by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

Multiplat, multiplat, could be good if pulled off correctly, multiplat. You bought a $500 for a bunch of far-off multiplats that'll perform worse. GG. $10 for 3 "groundbreaking" maps, woo! Don't go too mad, Respawn.

What, you don't have to take a break from your intensive sessions of running around in circles shooting bots in TF? Must be a very casual game. Maybe Soda Drinker Pro will give you a challenge.

A multiplat that is not available on a playstation console.....had it been, you wouldn't be anywhere near this upset about it would you? It bothers you that other people are enjoying a game you can't play, that is sad as ****.

Didn't buy the xbox one for titanfall, only after the beta did i decide i wanted it. If i cared about multiplat performance issues, i'd upgrade my PC.

3 maps that sound great, if they are as good as the included maps, its well worth it.

Plenty of free content on the way too.....they have confirmed this at PAX, rifts, hashtag matchmaking etc etc.....all good stuff.

nobody playing titanfall is running in circles....that's part of the enjoyment, the fact that you can get to basically every structure on the map. the verticality of the maps, the various routes around, over, through the map.....lol nothing comes close. the bots are there to keep you busy, they are part of the game and you dont need to seek them out. They can help build your titan quicker if you want though...they can also be hacked too. other FPS multiplayer games will feel empty after playing titanfall.

@misterpmedia said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

I guess he should have been more specific with the hyperbolic statement but this sums up what he meant:

check my post that you quoted genius...it states "biggest selling game of the year in the UK" this was widely reported by the UK gaming media....no goalpost moving at all.

#175 Edited by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Half of that isn't even relative, how is KZ's multiplayer evidence of a Sony spiral?

MS have shut studios and their own head of the games division is now at Zynga. Can you point to anything worthwhile or profitable that was cut? I don't see how you can point to a sensible business decision (the same decisions MS have made too) and paint it as a negative.

How is are cloud demos evidence of a Sony downward spiral? People said the same thing about PS+, that they'd never pull in quality titles because it wouldn't be profitable etc...

I assume you're referring to exclusives because the PS4 has plenty of games and i wouldn't count out multiplats, Sony are pushing Watchdogs and Destiny hard with exclusive DLC and advertising, that'll pull in sales. As for exclusives does it matter? It's been selling well without much in that area, if anything that's positive evidence given it's sold so well.

I'm still waiting on a shred of gameplay and release dates on half the games MS has shown, remember the Black Tusk teaser? So kettle calling pot much?

You think any significant dev will be committing to the X1 exclusively? Lol all they've got to do is talk to EA about how much they regret not putting Titanfall on the PS4.

So for all this evidence you supposedly have most of it's just your dreams and predictions about E3. Seems your X1 games are doing too well in holding your attention because it seems you're spending most of your time obsession over E3.

#176 Edited by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

MC

#177 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

I don't even know what you mean... Thanks for calling it a multimedia device, that's why I bought it. Games, TV, Movies, Music, Fitness, who am I kidding I'm to lazy for the fitness part.

Nice, now you can watch TV on your TV.

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

A multiplat that is not available on a playstation console.....had it been, you wouldn't be anywhere near this upset about it would you? It bothers you that other people are enjoying a game you can't play, that is sad as ****.

Didn't buy the xbox one for titanfall, only after the beta did i decide i wanted it. If i cared about multiplat performance issues, i'd upgrade my PC.

3 maps that sound great, if they are as good as the included maps, its well worth it.

Plenty of free content on the way too.....they have confirmed this at PAX, rifts, hashtag matchmaking etc etc.....all good stuff.

nobody playing titanfall is running in circles....that's part of the enjoyment, the fact that you can get to basically every structure on the map. the verticality of the maps, the various routes around, over, through the map.....lol nothing comes close. the bots are there to keep you busy, they are part of the game and you dont need to seek them out. They can help build your titan quicker if you want though...they can also be hacked too. other FPS multiplayer games will feel empty after playing titanfall.

Alien Isolation, Shadows of Mordor and Arkham Knight aren't on PS4? News to me.

I assume you played the TF beta on PC, why not get it for that?

All the rest of that is Titanshilling.

#178 Posted by Heil68 (56008 posts) -

But infamous is a true exclusive and thus SDC, thank you SONY <3

#179 Posted by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FastRobby said:

I don't even know what you mean... Thanks for calling it a multimedia device, that's why I bought it. Games, TV, Movies, Music, Fitness, who am I kidding I'm to lazy for the fitness part.

Nice, now you can watch TV on your TV.

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

Alien Isolation, Shadows of Mordor and Arkham Knight aren't on PS4? News to me.

I assume you played the TF beta on PC, why not get it for that?

All the rest of that is Titanshilling.

I didn't say they weren't.. you said there was nothing else coming out on the xbox one....those games i mentioned are what i am looking forward to.

I already had a Xbox one when i played the beta....the graphics card on my PC is crap.. I have another graphics card sat at home but can't be arsed to install it. I spend 80% of my day infront of a PC and dont want to be messing about with one when i get home...thats why i play on consoles.

you are saying I am "titanshilling" because you haven't a clue what i am talking about.

you are so bitter that people enjoy titanfall...pull yourself together.

#181 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

#182 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Don't forget the best part, while talking on Skype, using IE, listening to music, etc.

Thankfully I have an attention span and have no use for that.

@sts106mat said:

I didn't say they weren't.. you said there was nothing else coming out on the xbox one....those games i mentioned are what i am looking forward to.

I already had a Xbox one when i played the beta....the graphics card on my PC is crap.. I have another graphics card sat at home but can't be arsed to install it. I spend 80% of my day infront of a PC and dont want to be messing about with one when i get home...thats why i play on consoles.

you are saying I am "titanshilling" because you haven't a clue what i am talking about.

There pretty much isn't anything you can't get on the PS4 other than stuff like QB which are still CGI trailers at this point.

Pretty daft to not play the 1080p no dumb users versions, but hey, different strokes.

I'm saying you are Titanshilling because you are literally shilling.

@shawn30 said:

Keep hoping. At this point the only hearts they'll have won this gen is Justin's. People still remember. :)

#183 Edited by misterpmedia (5976 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

*cracks knuckles* 1:Well, we have CEOs, employees, studios that are quitting, getting fired and closing.

2:We have more typical Sony lies that cows kick under the rug and refuse to acknowledge. Example 1080i KZ MP debacle.

3:Microsoft has shown real world tech demos of The Cloud in action as well as DX12. Sony infrastructure and hardware has nothing to combat this. Sony has Gaikai, LULZ. Streaming PS2 games isn't going to save a dying company. It will cost more to get the damn thing off the ground and they will be dreaming if they want a profit from this.

4:Sony has no games isn't something just a few people have dreamed up. Sure Infamous is here but has already been forgotten about and this was the "Big" game for 2014. You better pray The Order is good.

5:Microsoft will show this E3 that they have procured a boatload of exclusives, studios and deals to win the hearts of gamers. Sony will not be able to compete financially.

1: Fiscal year ended (also no studio was closed, try again) If you mean the ones they closed ages ago through last gen then the PS4 selling as good as it is now nullifies that implied negative effect that studio closures should have had on the brand.

2: Any other examples? Killzone's IQ keeps it's 1080p goodness in spirit despite being stitched to a lower res produced by a new rendering technique that hasn't been used before, hence why people found it off for some reason but could never quite tell what the reason was. Killzone devs came out and explained it. Killzone single player still 1080p native. Again, need more examples of lying please.

3: Real world tech demos? Nope. Link me an article that says it was done on an xbone at an average consumer distance from the node with an average internet connection. I could google it now and it says it was done in ideal conditions on a PC. Try again. Gaikai is for streaming, seeing as they can do pretty much all of what the Xbone should be doing now straight off the bat and has room to grow locally underhood, check Cerny's customisations. Try again. lol DX12, I guess we can come back to that in 2015/16. ;)

4: Sony's PlayStation 4 has more games on it than any console right now(actually tell a lie, totally forgot about the WiiU LOL but that did have a one year head start ;), and more announced coming in 2014. Try again. Also yes the order will be good, expect a nice blow out at E3. No prayers needed.

5: (Albeit hyperbole bullshit, I'll type out my own for you sunshine c; ) Sony will show this E3 that they making a boatload of homegrown exclusives from it's first party studios, maybe even spanning them across 3 platforms which they continue to support unlike other companies that drop their previous hardware like rocks, announcing new teams within their studios working on separate projects to continue to win the hearts of gamers as they have already(I can post the full list of devs, and as Shu has stated every dev is working on a PS4 game). Microsoft will have to continue paying through the nose as PS4 gets considered to be lead platform for the entire gen.

#184 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Based misterpmedia just eviscerated Justin.

Lock this thread, we're done here.

#185 Posted by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

There pretty much isn't anything you can't get on the PS4 other than stuff like QB which are still CGI trailers at this point.

Pretty daft to not play the 1080p no dumb users versions, but hey, different strokes.

I'm saying you are Titanshilling because you are literally shilling.

Quantum break, yes, i agree, we haven't seen enough, still the concept of time travel is something i am interested in and Remedy told a great story with Alan wake, it happened to be one of my fave games of last gen. i hope it doesn't get loads of delays like alan wake did though. We've also been promised a Halo game this year and i dont want to miss out on Halo 5.

I am most excited for Alien Isolation and Batman. Destiny might be good too.

besides the order 1886, there is nothing i fancy on PS4 in the foreseeable future. the best game on PS4 this year will be a PS3 game from last year LOL.

No I am not shilling. I am enjoying the game immensely. It is genuinely the most fun i've had with a multiplayer game in the last 10 years or so. So pointing out to you why the things you are saying are factually inaccurate is not shilling.

Lol at insulting the xbox fanbase without having played anything. I'd end with a "stay classy" comment, but you clearly have none...so i wont

#186 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Quantum break, yes, i agree, we haven't seen enough, still the concept of time travel is something i am interested in and Remedy told a great story with Alan wake, it happened to be one of my fave games of last gen. i hope it doesn't get loads of delays like alan wake did though. We've also been promised a Halo game this year and i dont want to miss out on Halo 5.

besides the order 1886, there is nothing i fancy on PS4 in the foreseeable future. the best game on PS4 this year will be a PS3 game from last year LOL.

No I am not shilling. I am enjoying the game immensely. It is genuinely the most fun i've had with a multiplayer game in the last 10 years or so. So pointing out to you why the things you are saying are factually inaccurate is not shilling.

Lol at insulting the xbox fanbase without having played anything. I'd end with a "stay classy" comment, but you clearly have none...so i wont

Remedy's a good dev so they'll probably pull it off but the game/TV show thing still sounds weird.

AI and Batman will be good, though I'm still leary about the MMO aspects of Destiny. The exploration sounds great though.

Mate, Infamous has already eviscerated the Xbone lineup (bu bu but charts! metacritic! etc etc) and The Order looks set to slaughter the rest. It's such a shame that MS have nothing over the next two months to blunt the PS4 juggernaut.

Mate you are properly shilling like a pro. It's a compliment. :) And let's be honest, the Xbox fanbase had it coming.

#187 Edited by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

Remedy's a good dev so they'll probably pull it off but the game/TV show thing still sounds weird.

AI and Batman will be good, though I'm still leary about the MMO aspects of Destiny. The exploration sounds great though.

Mate, Infamous has already eviscerated the Xbone lineup (bu bu but charts! metacritic! etc etc) and The Order looks set to slaughter the rest. It's such a shame that MS have nothing over the next two months to blunt the PS4 juggernaut.

Mate you are properly shilling like a pro. It's a compliment. :) And let's be honest, the Xbox fanbase had it coming.

Yeah, not fussed about the TV show side of things, but Alan Wake was laid out as a TV show sort of thing, even having "previously on alan wake" segments before each chapter.....I liked it.

Destiny, again i am with you there, the MMO aspect isn't appealing to me, but the idea of a persistent online world is. much remains to be seen. but defo interested.

Infamous has not eviscerated anything, the fact it is in an exclusive is irrelevant, to be fair, it's likely done it's day and will keep falling down the charts now.

The order, looks good graphically, I love the setting, definitely interested in it. HOWEVER....the gameplay we have seen makes it look very much like Gears of war (something cows bashed) it is also full of QTE's (something else cows bash) So it's funny seeing them falling over themselves for info on that game.

. Despite what people say, there is definitely a difference between the actual gameplay and cut-scenes. No co-op in a squad based TPS shooter is laughable dude you have to admit. ...The game will be worse because of it. and the black bars have no place at all in the game.

Again, I am not shilling, lots of people are loving titanfall, can't help it if I am one of them.

#188 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22638 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

MC

Many exclusives scored higher than Infamous on MC:

Super Mario 3D World - 93

DKC: Tropical Freeze - 82

Pikmin 3 - 87

Heartstone - 88

Diablo III ROS - 87

SMITE - 84

to name a few

#189 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Infamous has not eviscerated anything, the fact it is in an exclusive is irrelevant, to be fair, it's likely done it's day and will keep falling down the charts now.

The order, looks good graphically, I love the setting, definitely interested in it. HOWEVER....the gameplay we have seen makes it look very much like Gears of war (something cows bashed) it is also full of QTE's. Despite what people say, there is definitely a difference between the actual gameplay and cut-scenes. No-cop in a squad based TPS shooter is laughable dude...The game will be worse because of it. and the black bars have no place at all in the game.

Again, I am not shilling, lots of people are loving titanfall, can't help it if I am one of them.

Alas, ISS didn't have the privilege of being bundled for free in a console getting massive retailer price cuts, if only it had been. ;_;

Eh, we'll see. If I recall correctly, GOW was a massive booster for the 360 so I like that comparison. Good to see lems are feeling the fear months out anyway! ;)

I'm pretty sure there's medication you can take for it. :)

#190 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hoosier7 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

MC

Many exclusives scored higher than Infamous on MC:

Super Mario 3D World - 93

DKC: Tropical Freeze - 82

Pikmin 3 - 87

Heartstone - 88

Diablo III ROS - 87

SMITE - 84

to name a few

Ah ok, highest scoring between the X1 and PS4 then?

#191 Edited by sts106mat (22906 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

The order, looks good graphically, I love the setting, definitely interested in it. HOWEVER....the gameplay we have seen makes it look very much like Gears of war (something cows bashed) it is also full of QTE's. Despite what people say, there is definitely a difference between the actual gameplay and cut-scenes. No-cop in a squad based TPS shooter is laughable dude...The game will be worse because of it. and the black bars have no place at all in the game.

Alas, ISS didn't have the privilege of being bundled for free in a console getting massive retailer price cuts, if only it had been. ;_;

Eh, we'll see. If I recall correctly, GOW was a massive booster for the 360 so I like that comparison. Good to see lems are feeling the fear months out anyway! ;)

Well you see, the xbone was too expensive.

so either you concede that it is now at an acceptable price or admit that Titanfall is a system seller.....either way, you are countering cow's old arguments.

Yeah Gears was great (check my post history in the order 1886 threads, i've made the comparison before and said it is a complement.) Like i said, its amusing to watch cows change their minds that gritty TPS linear cover based shooters aren't the devil.

In addition to the points i raised about the black bars & lack of co-op.... the previews for the game weren't amazing, it runs crap and the gameplay appears to have all been seen / done better before. I don't see how from what i said you are getting that i am "feeling the fear".

#192 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22638 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

Ah ok, highest scoring between the X1 and PS4 then?

Forza 5 also scored 80 I'm afraid :p

But, though I haven't played it, Infamous Second Son does look like it's the best singleplayer experience on the most powerful current gen consoles at the moment :)

#193 Edited by handssss (1903 posts) -
@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

so either you concede that it is now at an acceptable price or admit that Titanfall is a system seller.....either way, you are countering cow's old arguments.

Yeah Gears was great (check my post history in the order 1886 threads, i've made the comparison before and said it is a complement.) Like i said, its amusing to watch cows change their minds that gritty TPS linear cover based shooters aren't the devil.

In addition to the points i raised about the black bars & lack of co-op.... the previews for the game weren't amazing, it runs crap and the gameplay appears to have all been seen / done better before. I don't see how from what i said you are getting that i am "feeling the fear".

nobody is denying that you can get a good deal on an Xbone right now. $500 was too high, but knocking it down to being only like $460 and then throwing in a brand new game for free on top of that (sometimes with another free game or a year of live for free) makes it a steal IF you are interested in the system. ISS doesn't get bundled in for free with the ps4 because the system is still selling as fast as sony is able to produce units and get them onto shelves. Whereas stores are hatching new ideas to figure out how to make their Xbone stock go away, they seldom receive enough ps4s to last them very long.

Still, in a sad sense, I guess Titanfall is selling the system when all things are considered. I'm moderately interested in it myself. But I would never buy a system for 1 game, especially if I can play that game elsewhere without buying additional hardware. We've seen the game on 360 and it hardly looks worse. We've seen it on PC and it doesn't even take one specialized in gaming to run it. Microsoft paid out the ass to get the damn thing excluded from PS systems and then paid even more money advertising it, tricking as many as they could into thinking it was exclusive. Then, they wind up paying even more money to include the system with their consoles for no additional charge.

All this, and yet we still hear EA wasn't satisfied in the results compared to forecasts. We know the Respawn devs weren't. Unless MS arms off a leg to pay for securing IP exclusivity, it's pretty much a certainty the next one will be on as many systems as it can. EA wants more money.

I've played every Gears and every Halo released thus far and I was extremely unsatisfied with my last experiences with both franchises. MAYBE if 343i and Blacktusk can turn things around, I'll come back, but until then, MS needs to prove the system's worth with real exclusives. They spent too much of last gen depending on those 2 IPs + Forza for the few that care about racing games. You can say ps4 has little now, but we all know the 1st party is there and has more than enough variety. We know based on the past and what we've seen that a sufficient number of new IPs will be made.

#194 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

Semi-acceptable. Still far too much for its three year old camera tech and gimped hardware. Then again I can remember when it was cheaper to get a new 360 than a new Wii.

Really? Funnily enough, TPS' are my favourite genre and TLOU pretty much fulfills the trope you described. I guess cows don't mind them after all?

No shit, it's a preview build for a game out in the holidays. What they should have done is kept it under wraps for longer and not shown anything for up to a year after reveal like Sunset Overdrive. ;)

#195 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

Man TitanFall sure was that boost Microsoft needed!

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#196 Posted by StrongBlackVine (12714 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Foot in mouth much? Snort...

#197 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Looking forward to the next Chart Track topic where sts gloats about Tituhfuhh even though it's bundled with price slashed Xbones while he remains away from the NPD thread.