UK Charts W/e 12 April - Titanfall back on Top - Infallamous

• 194 results
#1 Edited by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

Titanfall has leapt back to the top of the UK games chart following the launch of the Xbox 360 version last week. The well-received last-gen version accounted for 71 percent of sales for the game, with 27 percent going to Xbox One and a single percent of sales on PC.

All in all, Titanfall's sales jumped 220 percent from the previous week.

Here’s the Top Ten for the week ending April 12th:

1. Titanfall (EA)

2. LEGO: The Hobbit (Warner Bros)

3. FIFA 14 (EA)

4. South Park: The Stick of Truth (Ubisoft)

5. Call of Duty: Ghosts (Activision)

6. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)

7. The LEGO Movie The Videogame (Warner Bros)

8. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (EA)

9. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag (Ubisoft)

10. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Konami)

Info

https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

Minecraft 360 still up there!

Infamous fell to 13th place - dem legs

#2 Edited by SolidTy (43691 posts) -

It says EA's TF took the lead. As expected, it's going to do well for online gamers until the big hitters come along.

I'm not into sales, but your thread was apparently first so I'm linking this thread in the other duplicate UK sales thread.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -

uh oh

#4 Posted by getyeryayasout (7598 posts) -

Infallamous? How about Infamous: Setting Sun.

#5 Edited by MonsieurX (30413 posts) -

Cows circle jerking tears incoming

#6 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -

Try not to get your thread locked again this week OP.

#8 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

I think all this shows is that a lot of people still aren't sold on the new consoles.

#9 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2501 posts) -

Yeah. After finishing InFamous i sold this game away like most people. Short game, no value.

1 TITANFALLXB360
2 TITANFALLXB ONE
3 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITIONXB360
4 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTHXB360
5 LEGO THE HOBBITXB360
6 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTHPS3
7 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFAREXB360
8 INFAMOUS: SECOND SONPS4
9 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTSXB360
10 KINECT SPORTS: RIVALSXB ONE

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (30413 posts) -

Killzone ans Knack got impressive legs as well

#11 Posted by OhSnapitz (18456 posts) -

Yea for multiplats!

#12 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -

Anyway, let's discuss the numbers. Titanfall 360 sold around 34,000 units, KSR flopped, barely any Xbone titles in the top 40 and they all sank from last week. Football Manager on the Vita outsold Lego The Hobbit on the Xbone. It really does look like people are getting Bones for the retailer price cuts instead of the most anticipated game of the year.

Meanwhile a single-console exclusive with a user base of about 500,000 remains in the top ten. Is this what lemmings pass as a success these days?

Will be interesting to see how first KSR plunges out of the top 40. Faster than PvZ?

#15 Edited by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@Desmonic

Not sure how they've worked out the % for titanfall. It seems they based it on Last weeks figures (xbone) alone and then applied them to this week which includes the 360 version. Without knowing what number the 360 version did, its hard to see how they came up with those numbers.

#17 Edited by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Anyway, let's discuss the numbers. Titanfall 360 sold around 15,000 units, KSR flopped, barely any Xbone titles in the top 40 and they all sank from last week. Football Manager on the Vita outsold Lego The Hobbit on the Xbone. It really does look like people are getting Bones for the retailer price cuts instead of the most anticipated game of the year.

Meanwhile a single-console exclusive with a user base of about 500,000 remains in the top ten. Is this what lemmings pass as a success these days?

Will be interesting to see how first KSR plunges out of the top 40. Faster than PvZ?

source for your figures please?

buh buh buh infamous.....dat Fall

#18 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Anyway, let's discuss the numbers. Titanfall 360* sold around 15,000 units, KSR flopped, barely any Xbone titles in the top 40 and they all sank from last week. Football Manager on the Vita outsold Lego The Hobbit on the Xbone. It really does look like people are getting Bones for the retailer price cuts instead of the most anticipated game of the year.

*XB1 you mean.

X360 < 34k

X1 version < 14k

Yep, quoted the wrong number. Thanks for the correction! Xbone numbers static from last week.

#19 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

Titanfall hit million units sold yet(edit: even on Xbone alone?)? inFAMOUS has on one platform.

#20 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -
@misterpmedia said:

Titanfall hit million units sold yet? inFAMOUS has on one platform.

Shut up! You're spoiling the party!

#21 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Yeah. After finishing InFamous i sold this game away like most people. Short game, no value.

1 TITANFALLXB360
2 TITANFALLXB ONE
3 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITIONXB360
4 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTHXB360
5 LEGO THE HOBBITXB360
6 SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTHPS3
7 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFAREXB360
8 INFAMOUS: SECOND SONPS4
9 CALL OF DUTY: GHOSTSXB360
10 KINECT SPORTS: RIVALSXB ONE

who are these 'most people' you speak of, sauce? :) Also, Freedomfreelife where were you when Kinect Sports Rivals flopped hard? You were no where to be seen ;o. Here I'll give you a linky so you can catch up on what you missed :P

#22 Posted by Netret0120 (2196 posts) -

You do realise that Titanfall is NOT an exclusive and Infamous is?

Titanfall is on 3 Systems:-\ How is this ownage?

#23 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

easily, seeing as how it was the biggest selling game of the year at launch of the year in the UK and also US no doubt. EA will probably announce a large figure come NPD.

#24 Posted by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

This is bad .... Sony is doomed, the one million unit that Infamous sold don't mean a thing if the game dropped to the 8th place in UK.

#26 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

easily, seeing as how it was the biggest selling game of the year at launch of the year in the UK and also US no doubt. EA will probably announce a large figure come NPD.

A couple more days would tells us that, but if it really were the biggest launch/seller in the US (so far) I think MS would have announced it or made it public (like they did for the UK TF launch).

So eehh.. getting kinda mixed messages. Sony or MS immediatly brag when they do have something to brag about so.. :/

Unless they are now witholding numbers specifically for E3? That could be a possibility I think. We'll see. Just another 2 or so days to find that out.

MS didn't announce that, it was retailers. MS have said, they can't speak of numbers and that it's up to EA to do.

#27 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@2mrw said:

This is bad .... Sony is doomed, the one million unit that Infamous sold don't mean a thing if the game dropped to the 8th place in UK.

13th actually

#28 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

A couple more days would tells us that, but if it really were the biggest launch/seller in the US (so far) I think MS would have announced it or made it public (like they did for the UK TF launch).

So eehh.. getting kinda mixed messages. Sony or MS immediatly brag when they do have something to brag about so.. :/

Unless they are now witholding numbers specifically for E3? That could be a possibility I think. We'll see. Just another 2 or so days to find that out.

Like I said, they're waiting for NPD so they can push a "gamechanger!!!" narrative only the densest lemming could fall for.

#29 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Source. If it had MS and EA would be singing and dancing and the press would be blazing up with such information why would they wait until NPD? Link to the article that supports your claim.

#30 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@2mrw said:

What does it mean then oh great analyst? lol.

#31 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3609 posts) -

Sweet ownage.

#32 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

Source. If it had MS and EA would be singing and dancing and the press would be blazing up with such information why would they wait until NPD? Link to the article that supports your claim.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a557995/titanfall-biggest-launch-of-year-boosts-xbox-one-sales-by-96-percent.html#~oBpyTDYSbTLBFf

Can't find the link about them not being able to comment, I think it was phil spencer in an interview

#33 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -

You'd have thought the amount of money they slapped down in desperation to keep hold of Tituhfuhh, it would make them privy to sales numbers. EA must be laughing.

#34 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a557995/titanfall-biggest-launch-of-year-boosts-xbox-one-sales-by-96-percent.html#~oBpyTDYSbTLBFf

Can't find the link about them not being able to comment, I think it was phil spencer in an interview

not being able to comment Pretty neat PR way of getting out on released numbers :). We'll know this Thursday anyway.

#35 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

not being able to comment Pretty neat PR way of getting out on released numbers :). We'll know this Thursday anyway.

sure, how's that link i posted?

#36 Posted by kuu2 (7359 posts) -

All about the games. People already losing interest in Sony's flagship game of 2014.

TitanGreatness still holding strong.

#37 Posted by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@2mrw said:

13th actually

I was refering to the 2nd list where individual copies are listed.

@misterpmedia said:

@2mrw said:

I was being sarcastic.

#38 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

All about the games. People already losing interest in Sony's flagship game of 2014.

yes indeed. DLC announced as coming in May aswell now. good news.

Currently fourth gen pilot, working on those regen requirements.

How about you?

#39 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@2mrw said:

@sts106mat said:

@2mrw said:

13th actually

I was refering to the 2nd list where individual copies are listed.

@misterpmedia said:

@2mrw said:

I was being sarcastic.

So was I lol but I guess I should have caught yours. My mistake.

#40 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5083 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Chucking it in for free with massive price cuts on the hardware helps. How long until KSR falls out of the top 40, kuu2?

First PvZ now KSR. Why don't you buy your own exclusives?

#41 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

@sts106mat said:

@misterpmedia said:

sure, how's that link i posted?

it's...great? And irrelevant. I was hoping for an article stating MS & EA are proud to announce 1mill sold through sales on Xbone, but was left disappointed. Maybe one day.

#42 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

15,000 for XB1? How will they break a million like Infamous?

#43 Posted by lglz1337 (3853 posts) -

lol@ lemmings celebrating a multiplat vs a exclusive infact X360 version of titanfall just released ofcourse you get a bump silly lemmings

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@tyloss said:

15,000 for XB1? How will they break a million like Infamous?

#46 Edited by Sollet (7392 posts) -

And world wide sales?

#47 Posted by sts106mat (19851 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

lol@ lemmings celebrating a multiplat vs a exclusive infact X360 version of titanfall just released ofcourse you get a bump silly lemmings

The xbox one version has been rock solid at number three since its second week on the charts.....nearly a month. Infamous has fell out of the top ten lol.

#48 Posted by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

@sts106mat said:
@lglz1337 said:

The xbox one version has been rock solid at number three since its second week on the charts.....nearly a month. Infamous has fell out of the top ten lol.

if only we can know the numbers ... for all we know, they can be 10 unites away from each other !!!

#49 Edited by jake44 (2021 posts) -

A shooter tops the charts in the UK...how is this thread worthy.