UK charts W/e 10 May Titanfall top (again)

• 172 results
#51 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@Heil68: What console do you spend the most time gaming on? Be honest.

#52 Edited by aroxx_ab (10127 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Wow Infamous is Titanfall's b*itch! Cows be owned every week LOL

"Multiplat CoD clone" that is out on hmm 3 platforms vs a exclusive on a platfrom with 7million userbase...yeah

#53 Posted by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

@b4x said:

Depends. This last weekend was the Xbone. Played TF and DR3. Overall it would be the PS4, I have more games for it.

#54 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5162 posts) -

I love how lemmings are always quiet about PS4 multiplat software performing better than Xbone in the first transitionary year, and PS4 exclusives holding their own. I wonder how many PS2 and 360 games were in the UK charts in 2006.

@b4x said:

Number 1.

Yep, the PS4: number one selling console of the eighth gen, with actual games!

#55 Posted by Scipio8 (659 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@Scipio8 said:

"Multiplat CoD clone" that is out on hmm 3 platforms vs a exclusive on a platfrom with 7million userbase...yeah

LOL you self owned - No, lookup individual formats for Xbox One only and its No.2 while Infamous is flopping at the bottom with a user base of 7 million. LULZ

#56 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

That would mean the game is selling systems. OMG the horror that must bring you.

Barely 10k is hardly something to gloat over, friend. Price cuts and free bundling everywhere have been what's driving sales too.

@sts106mat said:

they track bundles when bundled with a RETAIL copy, they dont track digital codes....so please .....provide the proof.

Keep moving dem goalposts. I just demonstrated they track with bundled software. I assume we'll see you in this week's NPD thread?

Well done ordering a PS4 by the way, you're about to enter a strange new dimension for a lem: owning a console that actually has games. :)

so much crap in one post. THEY DONT TRACK DIGITAL SALES>......TITANFALL BUNDLED COPIED IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CODE>>>>>>>>>TRY HARDER

#57 Posted by B4X (5270 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I love how lemmings are always quiet about PS4 multiplat software performing better than Xbone in the first transitionary year, and PS4 exclusives holding their own. I wonder how many PS2 and 360 games were in the UK charts in 2006.

@b4x said:

Number 1.

Yep, the PS4: number one selling console of the eighth gen, with actual games!

No shit. PS4 is ripping and tearing. March NPD Xbox One= number 1 selling in software. Why can't you give credit where it is due. I promise it won't kill you? It might hurt some.

#58 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@Scipio8 said:

LOL you self owned - No, lookup individual formats for Xbox One only and its No.2 while Infamous is flopping at the bottom with a user base of 7 million. LULZ

You're not saying that Infamous has more sales than Titanfall has on the X1 in the UK are you? Maybe I read that wrong?

#59 Edited by delta3074 (18426 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Thats a shame. Battlefield 4 shits on it in every way possible. LOL at Kinect Sports Rivals barely charting.

Opinions are great.

#60 Edited by delta3074 (18426 posts) -
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

they track bundles when bundled with a RETAIL copy, they dont track digital codes....so please .....provide the proof.

Keep moving dem goalposts. I just demonstrated they track with bundled software. I assume we'll see you in this week's NPD thread?

Well done ordering a PS4 by the way, you're about to enter a strange new dimension for a lem: owning a console that actually has games. :)

They don't track digital downloads and the digital codes would fall into that category so they would'nt include any copy of titanfall that ar Digital download so Mat is right.

They only track bundled software if it is physical, not Digital.

#61 Posted by kuu2 (7375 posts) -

The more people that can enjoy TitanGreatness the better!

#62 Posted by Vatusus (4699 posts) -

Well, the 360 version just released so...

#63 Posted by B4X (5270 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@b4x said:

Depends. This last weekend was the Xbone. Played TF and DR3. Overall it would be the PS4, I have more games for it.

Now that The Show and Infamous are out. I have spent a lot of time on the PS4 lately. Pretty much the only two games I have been playing regular on PS4. I'm at about 70%-30% Xbox One. I didn't buy Killzone or Knack though. I also bought AC IV on the X1. The wife bought Lego Hobbit and Lego movie on the X1. Not counting those to my playing time though.

Here's is hoping DC and SS:OD review well.

#64 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@finalstar2007 said:

The 360 version sure is helping out TF well

yes, but even if we look at the individual units charts for that week

LW TW TitleFormatLabelPublisher
21 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITIONXB360MICROSOFTMICROSOFT
12 TITANFALLXB ONEEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
43 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZILXB360EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
54 TITANFALLXB360EA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
115 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFAREXB360EA GAMES

ELECTRONIC ARTS

you can see that it is the XB one version is still outselling the 360 version (i think only one week the 360 version passed it in units sold)

Titanfall legs are doing very well in its key markets. Respawn needs those new modes, customizations, and the new DLC maps. This game will be supported all year long and I think it can reach 5 million sales by years end. Fantastic for a new IP.

#65 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -

Curious but how much of this is strong sales numbers vs not much else is coming out right now?

#66 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Already i'm officially getting in on this. We don't need an update every fucking week about how titanfall still is on the top.

It's great. But it's almost like an update week to week on my hair growth. We get it, it's a great selling game.

you get it.....quite a lot of people still in denial about it.

The week i didn't make a thread, a cow made one for me.

Who cares? You know why it's on the top still?

Because literally NOTHING good or worthwhile has come out since the launch of titanfall

#67 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@sts106mat said:

@finalstar2007 said:

The 360 version sure is helping out TF well

yes, but even if we look at the individual units charts for that week

LW TW TitleFormatLabelPublisher
21 MINECRAFT: XBOX 360 EDITIONXB360MICROSOFTMICROSOFT
12 TITANFALLXB ONEEA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
43 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP BRAZILXB360EA SPORTSELECTRONIC ARTS
54 TITANFALLXB360EA GAMESELECTRONIC ARTS
115 PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFAREXB360EA GAMES

ELECTRONIC ARTS

you can see that it is the XB one version is still outselling the 360 version (i think only one week the 360 version passed it in units sold)

Titanfall legs are doing very well in its key markets. Respawn needs those new modes, customizations, and the new DLC maps. This game will be supported all year long and I think it can reach 5 million sales by years end. Fantastic for a new IP.

yeah it is. To be honest I am 103 hours now probably, starting to get, not bored, i still want to play it, but the newness is wearing off. Still hundred hours in a multiplayer (hell most games) for me is basically unheard of.

#68 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

Actually yes it will.

How can you have a taste for something unless you try it. How can you try it when you don't own the console to play it on.

Like saying you like coffee over tea when infact you haven't tried tea.

How can you be a fanboy unless you own their product.

And there it goes the joke just passed you by..hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If lemons are sour will they taste any sweeter if i try them.? So tasting something for your self would not change at all the taste it has.?

@b4x said:

@lglz1337 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: still MS lost, ea wins here and because you support MS you loose 2.

dat march NPD LMAO never forget, bbbut the 2nd coming

Never forget what?

Titanfall being the number one selling tracked NPD game in March, with most sales being on the X1.

I wonder what April NPD sales will be like with the 360 version launching?

How the xbox one fail to beat the PS4 even with its biggest and basically one of the most hyped games in recent history..

Titanfall numbers are sad and EA has say sh** because the numbers are bad,even by VG chartz the game has 2.56 million units sold across 3 platforms that is sad the game is 2 months,Killzone SF on PS4 alone sold 2.1 million units on 2 months.

Titanfall was a titanfail lower sales than expected lower score than expected to,is this gen Shenmue..lol

@Scipio8 said:

Oh please is a multiplatform game that failed to live to its sales hype..hahahahaaaaa

You know lemmings are desperate when they compare an exclusive on 1 platform vs a multiplatform on 3..lol

Hell still it has sold like 2.56 million copies Killzone SF sold 2.1 million by January 15 it most be at 2.2 or 2.3 by now and is only on PS4,that give you a clear indication of how sad Titanfall are.

@b4x said:

1 is a game that has 90% sales in the UK being on the Xbox 1.

1 is a flop in sales.

UK sales mean sh**,that is like bragging Ney York sales instead of US,didn't lemming learn anything from last gen?

When the total sales of EU are accounted TF is not the best selling game,it just sell on UK in fact the numbers for this week by neogaf was basically 10k for all 3 platforms,man in a month that is 40k pretty insignificant number if you ask me.

#69 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5162 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

so much crap in one post. THEY DONT TRACK DIGITAL SALES>......TITANFALL BUNDLED COPIED IS A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD CODE>>>>>>>>>TRY HARDER

Give proof that they track bundled software, get a meltdown. The things I do for love.

@Scipio8 said:

Lemmings maths. Apparently seven million people in the UK own an Xbone alone.

@shawn30 said:

I wonder if EA would even tell anyone if it ever gets close to that number.

#70 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Already i'm officially getting in on this. We don't need an update every fucking week about how titanfall still is on the top.

It's great. But it's almost like an update week to week on my hair growth. We get it, it's a great selling game.

Because literally NOTHING good or worthwhile has come out since the launch of titanfall

Infamous = no good confirmed (LOL)

#71 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Wow.... Real great way to have a decent conversation. I know what camp you sit in....

#72 Edited by uninspiredcup (9013 posts) -

Dont like game. Not good!

#73 Posted by B4X (5270 posts) -

@tormentos: Titanfall is still selling right. Or has it stopped? Is it done selling? Do tell.

#74 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

Give proof that they track bundled software, get a meltdown. The things I do for love.

@Scipio8 said:

Lemmings maths. Apparently seven million people in the UK own an Xbone alone.

@shawn30 said:

you haven't proved anything...all you've done is ignore repeated requests for the same information.....no meltdown needed here.

#76 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Wow.... Real great way to have a decent conversation. I know what camp you sit in....

it was a joke (hence the lol).

I actually bought a PS4 at the weekend, waiting for it to arrive.

#77 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

To be fair, EA hasn't released the sales of any EA games, period. All we have to go on is VGchartz - http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Titanfall - They have Titanfall's overall sales at 2.49 million, with 1.63 million sold on Xbox One. That's after 2 months, with no new modes or DLC. Respawn's done a great job, they just need to keep adding and optimizing the game. No matter the hype or expectations, ect, 2.49 million copies of a new IP within 2 months is a very good start.

#78 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@tormentos: Take your show on the road. Give me your user name. Tell me how it goes.

arstechnica

#79 Edited by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well than i'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm waiting for E3 to see if MS announces anything with the one and then i'll make my purchase of it.

Luckily it's a bit of time before anything I really want comes out though i've been kinda antsy to just pull the trigger.

#80 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Well than i'm sorry for being a jerk. I'm waiting for E3 to see if MS announces anything with the one and then i'll make my purchase of it.

Luckily it's a bit of time before anything I really want comes out though i've been kinda antsy to just pull the trigger.

I said months ago that i'd get a PS4 if the games looked good enough. having missed out on the Last of Us last gen, the announcement that its coming to PS4 was enough for me to decide that it's worth owning both of the new consoles. I also really like the victorian london setting that the Order 1886 has going on... I've always been interested in it cause of Jack the ripper and stuff like that. the trailer features whitechapel..it's going to be worth it.

That TV show "penny dreadfull" is also set in that time period and place. it too looks awesome and so I'll be watching that .

#81 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@Animal-Mother:

#82 Edited by AzatiS (7656 posts) -

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Even Its rated better.

Titanfall - 86 metacritic

InFamous Second on - 80 metacritic

1 is multiplatform that many PS4 owners can play as well on their PC

1 is an exclusive only PS4 owners can play

1 is a flop in sales.

1 is a game that i play on PC so i dont give a crap about being on the X1 , X360 , PS4 or gameboy. I play the best version of it

1 i didnt say it sold well or who cares if it flopped or not , its an exclusive and you cant play it unlike TF that everyone with a low end PC can

The only thing it flopped is Xbone but will take a while for you to realize it

#83 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5162 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

you haven't proved anything...all you've done is ignore repeated requests for the same information.....no meltdown needed here.

And the post-meltdown denial.

@shawn30 said:

To be fair, EA hasn't released the sales of any EA games, period. All we have to go on is VGchartz

Stopped reading there. Come on, Shawnie, mate. You're better than having to resort to VGC's guessed numbers.

#84 Edited by uninspiredcup (9013 posts) -

All that hype, over-zealous corrupt media coverage. The fake sundance style show awards and all it could muster was barely above 85 on metacritic.

Shameful display.

#85 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@sts106mat said:

@Animal-Mother said:

I said months ago that i'd get a PS4 if the games looked good enough. having missed out on the Last of Us last gen, the announcement that its coming to PS4 was enough for me to decide that it's worth owning both of the new consoles. I also really like the victorian london setting that the Order 1886 has going on... I've always been interested in it cause of Jack the ripper and stuff like that. the trailer features whitechapel..it's going to be worth it.

That TV show "penny dreadfull" is also set in that time period and place. it too looks awesome and so I'll be watching that .

I don't really pay attention to anyones post except for those that annoy me. So keep up the good work :P

Yeah, as for me and the one I was always waiting for Quantum break to get solid details, as well as last weeks sunset over drive news drop got me a bit more excited. So it's those things that really get me excited to buy one, once E3 comes and MS puts a lot of this next years new on solid footing i'll be buying in.

#86 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

To be fair, EA hasn't released the sales of any EA games, period. All we have to go on is VGchartz

Stopped reading there. Come on, Shawnie, mate. You're better than having to resort to VGC's guessed numbers.

Not disagreeing with you, but I would say TF is over 2 million sold across the 3 platforms at the very least. With new DLC and the all but assured Xbox One and 360 price drop, it has the potential in my eyes to get near 5 million sales by the end of its run.

#87 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Even Its rated better.

1 is a flop in sales.

1 is a game that i play on PC so i dont give a crap about being on the X1 , X360 , PS4 or gameboy. I play the best version of it

1 i didnt say it sold well or who cares if it flopped or not , its an exclusive and you cant play it unlike TF that everyone with a low end PC can

The only thing it flopped is Xbone but will take a while to realize it

1 I love that version too. With it's aim bots and wall hacks. Defiantly the best version.

1 I don't have a PS4 my options are limited. See I do and have beat the game twice.

As for your 3rd point. No comment.

#88 Posted by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@b4x said:

@AzatiS said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Even Its rated better.

1 is a flop in sales.

1 is exclusive its selling very good in the highest selling console tho

The multiplat one has done decent in 3 platforms on the last place console

#89 Posted by AzatiS (7656 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

Not disagreeing with you, but I would say TF is over 2 million sold across the 3 platforms at the very least. With new DLC and the all but assured Xbox One and 360 price drop, it has the potential in my eyes to get near 5 million sales by the end of its run.

On all 3 platforms , more likely. On a single platform , forget it.

#90 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

On all 3 platforms , more likely. On a single platform , forget it.

Agreed.

#91 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@tonitorsi: Don't use logic!! I was being sarcastic.

EDIT: I retract this post.

#92 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

it has the potential in my eyes to get near 5 million sales by the end of its run.

#93 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

in my eyes to get near 5 million sales by the end of its run.

Give me some reasons why it won't? Have sales stopped? I must have missed that. What do you think April NPD will be like?

Any idea?

#94 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@b4x said:

@tonitorsi said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

Give me some reasons why it won't? Have sales stopped? I must have missed that. What do you think April NPD will be like?

Any idea?

Trolling aside, no I don't believe its feasible expecting 5 milli. Not unless a PS4 multiplat version is announced.

If you've been at Gaf, EA has been refusing to share the exact sales of Titanfall and these does are the first ones to brag about sales milestones. Titanfall was all build on manufactured HYPE and weak word-of-mouth. Clearly, EA was expecting a much grander impact being on 3 platforms.

And well, realistically speaking, I don't think even EA expects Titanfall to sell 3 to 4 million nonetheless 5 whooping million.

It just didn't took off. It happens.

#95 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@b4x said:

@tonitorsi said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

Any idea?

Trolling aside, no I don't believe its feasible expecting 5 milli. Not unless a PS4 multiplat version is announced.

If you've been at Gaf, EA has been refusing to share the exact sales of Titanfall and these does are the first ones to brag about sales milestones. Titanfall was all build on manufactured HYPE and weak word-of-mouth. Clearly, EA was expecting a much grander impact being on 3 platforms.

And well, realistically speaking, I don't think even EA expects Titanfall to sell 3 to 4 million nonetheless 5 whooping million.

Could not disagree more. As I said and its been reported, EA hasn't released sales data for any of its games, so TF isn't a special case. TF has already sold over 2 million copies in two months, is number one in the UK this week, and this is before any new modes, maps, or optimizations have been released. Come E3 most everyone feels the One and 360 will get price drops, which will help as well. No way they don't hit 4 million by the new year, and likely 5 by this time next year. The game has legs, seeing it chart like this two months after release is very encouraging. The PS4 is simply not needed for TF to move past 4 million units sold, and EA clearly can see after two months it will hit that by years end. Respawn will be supporting the game with new modes, all of which will be free, and DLC all year long.

#96 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@b4x said:

@tonitorsi said:

@shawn30 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@shawn30 said:

Any idea?

GAF? I'm a member there and don't believe 3/4 of the stealth fanboy stretched truth Bull shit there. No you will not get my user name :P.

As for your prediction. You may be right or wrong. The sales numbers data that we have seen so far may lean towards it making 5 mill.

I don't have one of these though.

#97 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5162 posts) -

@b4x said:

Any idea?

Tituhfuhh will be top again because of the 360 release. Let's be honest, nothing else has been released last month to set the charts on fire. It's low hanging fruit. EA was smart milking MS for it, and MS was smart for bailing out the project and releasing it at a dead time of year retail-wise because as a PR weapon it's great for making the Boner appear to have a hope in hell.

#98 Edited by B4X (5270 posts) -

#

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@b4x said:

Any idea?

Tituhfuhh will be top again because of the 360 release. Let's be honest, nothing else has been released last month to set the charts on fire. It's low hanging fruit. EA was smart milking MS for it, and MS was smart for bailing out the project because as a PR weapon it's great for making the Boner appear to have a hope in hell.

Hell Minecraft 360 could be #1 with its bionic terminator legs.

I'm going to have to go with Titanfall for 1000 Alex.

#99 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

You haven't played it, so what do you know...

Oh i don't have to....You don't have to play with fire to know it burns...

@shawn30 said:

To be fair, EA hasn't released the sales of any EA games, period. All we have to go on is VGchartz - http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Titanfall - They have Titanfall's overall sales at 2.49 million, with 1.63 million sold on Xbox One. That's after 2 months, with no new modes or DLC. Respawn's done a great job, they just need to keep adding and optimizing the game. No matter the hype or expectations, ect, 2.49 million copies of a new IP within 2 months is a very good start.

And that is how you know it is a failure...

1.63 million in 2 months,Killzoen SF sold 2.1 million in those 2 same months,killzone should be now like at 2.3 which is basically close to Titanfall across 3 different platforms,and Killzone didn't won 60 awards on E3 nor got carry by the media or had even half the budget for advertising Titanfall had,hell Killzone SF bundle were sold for the price of a PS4 and a game unlike Titanfall which was been given free since February.

@b4x said:

Any idea?

The PC version isn't adding much,the xbox 360 version isn't adding much either the majority is on xbox one,so saturation will kick in soon.

Not to mention that games like watchdogs and other multiplatforms are coming and gamers may chose other games over Titanfall,after all it is not call of duty...

I predict probably 4 million which isn't bad but isn't good either consider the magnitude of the advertising this game got from MS.