Uh oh, Titanfall may be struggling at 720p

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Note, RUMOUR currently.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/23/titanfall-ps4-port-was-considered-performance-still-lacking-at-720p-insider-reveals/

The juicey bit:

"Oh and fun fact about Titan Fall, performance is not up to snuff at 720p, waiting for January driver updates."

Not too much of a surprise given the X1's current history but 1080p is looking slimmer and slimmer in possibility which is disappointing given the game seems to use rather low res textures and has entirely static environments.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

With the PC version around that isn´t a big deal,if it was an exclusive then that would be a problem.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

If they can't get it up to par at 720 considering the way it looks, that would be a shame. I know this is currently a rumour but regardless, the XB1 really should have been called the Xbox 720.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@MrYaotubo said:

With the PC version around that isn´t a big deal,if it was an exclusive then that would be a problem.

Except that the vast majority of Lems are touting Titanfall as an XBone exclusive, not a Microsoft exclusive.

This is basically their one claim to fame.

You know, besides the usual Halo and Gears drivel.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

The game struggles to run on the PS4 as well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Seems a PS4 port was on the cards but for MS' moneyhatting. Imo we'll see it on PS4 either once the exclusivity deal runs through or in the sequel.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

But It's hyped.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

seriously? it's a source engine game. CMON.

@hoosier7 said:

Seems a PS4 port was on the cards but for MS' moneyhatting. Imo we'll see it on PS4 either once the exclusivity deal runs through or in the sequel.

the devs didn't know about the deal as it was apparently made by some people at EA. Found out later like the rest of us. While I'm not going to doubt that story, I do find it a little odd they'd give such power to their publishers after the entire reason why they exist in the first place was an issue over not having enough control over the games they were making due to the publishers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

@treedoor: talking out of your ass?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

tlhbo

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

So you're using the terrible Source engine that's already supposed to allow you to get away with hollow character and level designs, and running at 720p and still having problems?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12/23/titanfall-ps4-port-was-considered-performance-still-lacking-at-720p-insider-reveals/

The juicey bit:

"Oh and fun fact about Titan Fall, performance is not up to snuff at 720p, waiting for January driver updates."

Not too much of a surprise given the X1's current history but 1080p is looking slimmer and slimmer in possibility which is disappointing given the game seems to use rather low res textures and has entirely static environments.

They are probably talking about the XBox 360. Did you even read the whole article? No platform was even mentioned.

"First he mentioned that the performance of the game still isn’t “up to snuff” when running at 720p, even if he didn’t specify which platform he was talking about."

The weakest platform would be the XBox 360 and NOT the XB1. Stop assuming things without knowing all the facts. Cows love to do this BS just to try and make the XB1 look bad. Get a life troll.

*********************************************************************************************************

Microsoft they seized the opportunity to grab the game exclusive for MS platforms. Still don't know why they didn't by SEGA when they had the chance. If they want to win they just need to buy either Activision or EA, and one major Japanese company. Ballgame over.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

x360 <720p

xb0ne 720

PC 4k++++

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

LOL doesn't say anything. Stupid cows

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John_Matherson

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

The juicey bit:

They are probably talking about the XBox 360. Did you even read the whole article? No platform was even mentioned.

"First he mentioned that the performance of the game still isn’t “up to snuff” when running at 720p, even if he didn’t specify which platform he was talking about."

The weakest platform would be the XBox 360 and NOT the XB1. Stop assuming things without knowing all the facts. Cows love to do this BS just to try and make the XB1 look bad. Get a life troll.

*********************************************************************************************************

Microsoft they seized the opportunity to grab the game exclusive for MS platforms. Still don't know why they didn't by SEGA when they had the chance. If they want to win they just need to buy either Activision or EA, and one major Japanese company. Ballgame over.

So I take it you're no longer pendinding to Not be a Lemming. Good. You weren't fooling anyone.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

The juicey bit:

He talks about driver updates, you yourself have been going on and on about MS' dev kits being behind and needing work so there's a big hint. Plus he mentions CoD Ghosts which is pretty notorious for it's X1 problems in a reply to a tweet.

Damage control as you please but it's grasping to suggest he's talking about the 360 over the X1.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

lol I wouldn't be surprised if it ran better on 360

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blackace

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

The juicey bit:

So I take it you're no longer pendinding to Not be a Lemming. Good. You weren't fooling anyone.

"Pendinding?!?!?" Did you mean "Pretending? lol!! I'm not a lemming, cow, hermit or sheep. I'm a manticore. Not trying to fool anyone. I have my own opinions on everything. I still hate idiotic hypocritical flip-flopping cows.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blackace
@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

The juicey bit:

He talks about driver updates, you yourself have been going on and on about MS' dev kits being behind and needing work so there's a big hint. Plus he mentions CoD Ghosts which is pretty notorious for it's X1 problems in a reply to a tweet.

Damage control as you please but it's grasping to suggest he's talking about the 360 over the X1.

So you don't have any REAL FACTS like I thought. Come back when you do. Not damage controlling. Just proven you don't have any facts and are assuming. Like most cows do.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Not on my pc it won't

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

XBone 720p strikes again!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:
@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

So you don't have any REAL FACTS like I thought. Come back when you do. Not damage controlling. Just proven you don't have any facts and are assuming. Like most cows do.

It's a rumour, as i stated in capitals in the op buddy. Of course it isn't concrete.

Anyway it's clear he's referring to the X1, i've offered more reason than you've offered contrary to it, infact you've made a much greater assumption to think it's the 360 which is rather hypocritical. So have you got an argument or should i stop replying to your venting?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

While lems struggle to run this turd looking game at 720p I'll be be playing it at higher than 1080p on my PC. Sucks to be a lem right now.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I tried to tell people ever since the XBone was unveiled.. This thing is going to be terribad at game engines that utilize differed rendering. Surprise surprise, people thought I was flinging poo like the rest of the apes around here.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blackace

The game looked like it was running just fine at the VGX awards. Butthurt cows keep wishing and hoping for the worse. With no facts and one guy assuming he know something when he doesn't. LOL!!

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

whoopty doo

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50542 Posts

Sorry, but PC or GTFO with this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

The game looked like it was running just fine at the VGX awards. Butthurt cows keep wishing and hoping for the worse. With no facts and one guy assuming he know something when he doesn't. LOL!!

That's not a fact. All we had was trailers at VGX so was likely running on PC. Unless you've got a link contrary?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

That's not a fact. All we had was trailers at VGX so was likely running on PC. Unless you've got a link contrary?

Do you have a link that shows it was running on PC at VGX?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

This game is so over hyped.... lol

So many games have came and gone with very similar ideas over the past few years....

7-8 no higher.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@lostrib said:

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

Obviously not given these things are not often disclosed. However there is certainly logic in what i've said, just look at all the reveals for the launch PS4 and X1 games where at a similar stage in development were shown to be running on PCs. Plus the information this thread is about.

That's kind of why i've called blackace out on it to highlight how ironic it is he's going on about facts what he's claiming cannot be proved.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 blackace

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

Do you have a link saying the XB1 is the system having a problem? lmao!! No you don;'t. Give it a rest. Keep trying to make bogus rumors a facts. Stupid cows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

Do you have a link saying the XB1 is the system having a problem? lmao!! No you don;'t. Give it a rest. Keep trying to make bogus rumors a facts. Stupid cows.

The link is in the op, it's just unlike everyone else you've struggled to read between the lines when it obviously refers to the X1. You can tweet him if you really can't understand this. I'm curious if this is just your fanboyism or do you generally struggle with English skills like this?

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 John_Matherson

@blackace said:

@John_Matherson said:

@blackace said:

@hoosier7 said:

Note, RUMOUR currently.

The juicey bit:

"Pendinding?!?!?" Did you mean "Pretending? lol!! I'm not a lemming, cow, hermit or sheep. I'm a manticore. Not trying to fool anyone. I have my own opinions on everything. I still hate idiotic hypocritical flip-flopping cows.

LMAO well I'm not any of those things you just mentioned and yeah sorry Swype accident. I meant to type Pretending. And yeah keep telling yourself your a manticore. We're all buying it...Not

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Meh. Odds are by the time release hits they'll have it sorted out. Who cares, it's multiplat anyway. Never have I seen cows attack a multiplat so hard and never have I seen Lems hype one either

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2137 Posts

Still don't understand why lemmings are hyping a freaking port........its stupid as hell.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Blackace is having a struggle right now

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Boy the cows really want this game bad.

Its like they are bored of killzone, knack and flower.

Yuck....I don't blame them. .

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

"Then he explained, citing two different sources, that a PS4 port of the game port was talked about at some point, presumably before Electronic Arts decided to sign a full exclusivity deal with Microsoft."

wow, I had no idea MS secured full exclusivity, last gen they did a ton of time exclusivity shit

so I guess no hope to pick it up on the PS4 at any point

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

wouldnt be surprised if its 720p. PS4 can t even run open world shooters at 60fps and 1080p and it has stronger hardware.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@lostrib said:

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

Sorry, but you are an idiot if you think it was running on an Xbox One.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

"Then he explained, citing two different sources, that a PS4 port of the game port was talked about at some point, presumably before Electronic Arts decided to sign a full exclusivity deal with Microsoft."

wow, I had no idea MS secured full exclusivity, last gen they did a ton of time exclusivity shit

so I guess no hope to pick it up on the PS4 at any point

TitanFall 2 in 2015.

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#44 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

No wonder why MilkingSoft didn't call it Xbox 720

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lostrib

@StrongBlackVine said:

@lostrib said:

@hoosier7 said:

@blackace said:

Sorry, but you are an idiot if you think it was running on an Xbox One.

that's not what i'm saying

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@blackace: What an idiot you are. Please do us a favor and look up what manticore means before saying you are one. Also, no manticore hates one fanboy group, they would hate all fanboys equally. You however only smell the shit of Cows, everyone else's shit smells like roses to you. Lem! Stop denying it.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@treedoor said:

The game struggles to run on the PS4 as well.

how if there is no ps4 port

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

i dont see how it goes for the 360 when that game ran everything on the orange box at 720p no problem why would the 360 need a new driver update

also i doubt it will be 720p on the xbone seeing as how this game is only 7v7

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Canceling pre-order. Actually I don't have it pre-ordered yet, so I'll pre-order and then cancel.