Uh oh. The Wii U is starting to sell out online...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Amazon has less than 25 left and prices have gone up because of low stock. The Super Mario U and Luigi U bundles are only available online at Gamestop, and Best Buy's stock of WiiU consoles is only available in store, being sold out online.

So much for the "Wii U has failed" gloom and doom. Nintendo is going to have a pretty good Christmas this year!

#2 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25979 posts) -

funny they look pretty in stock here.

#3 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -

Amazon =/= 3rd party seller

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (41872 posts) -

#5 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7595 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

#6 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25979 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

well my WiiU was about that price.

Basic White sets are incredibly cheap(er) now.

#7 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7595 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

well my WiiU was about that price.

Basic White sets are incredibly cheap(er) now.

Did you buy it before the price cut? Retail price is $299 for the bundles right now.

#8 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25979 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

well my WiiU was about that price.

Basic White sets are incredibly cheap(er) now.

Did you buy it before the price cut? Retail price is $299 for the bundles right now.

Launch Day. Nov. 18th 2012 is when I bought mine. Although I didn't start playing the system till the 19th thanks to the Day 1 Update and Work.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

They might have a "good" Christmas, but they'll be dead last behind PS4/Xbone in console sales.

#10 Posted by Solaryellow (498 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

In my area (both online and in person) the Wii U is sold out at Best Buy and Target. Being more clear, both the Mario and Zelda bundles are gone. There were a few smaller promotions ($25 gift card with purchase) but nothing I would see as being able to move consoles this much.

#11 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Even funnier, because If you actually look at the link, you will see that they won't be in stock until Dec 18 and 19.

#12 Edited by silversix_ (15259 posts) -

The 25 left are the ones they received in 2012 when wiiu was released lol

#13 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (804 posts) -

Well atleast there's still one person left hyping the Wii U sales I suppose.. I miss the old days last gen when sheep used to constantly post sales charts showing off how the Wii dominated PS3 and Xbox720 in sales. Wii U will be in last place sometime in 2014 and people are talking about how they're doing so bad that its only a matter of time before go out of the console business and go 3rd party and/or stick to handhelds.

But i commend farrel for staying positive during Nintendo's darkest days. Looking at the glass half full instead of half empty is always a good thing to do.

#14 Edited by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

Breaking News: Amazon no longer selling Wii Us because there isnt any demand for it.

#15 Edited by Chozofication (3259 posts) -

Newegg has one for $219 right now, skylanders swap force, Nintendo land 8GB white basic.

Seriously considering getting this.

Edit : I got it after knowing that people buy some skylanders figures for ridiculous prices (one that comes with this bundle), i'll sell all the extras and keep the console, I also got Pikmin 3.

This is the kind of deal i've been waiting for, kind of a no brainer.

Link for anyone interested - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=1OQNXmZiEeOO_OIyL47SEgFEz3_eNYs3_YpQ_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=9SIA3G616K1046&cm_sp=

#16 Edited by hiphops_savior (7991 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Funny you mentioned it, most stores are selling it for 50 dollars cheaper than this.

#17 Edited by Animal-Mother (26987 posts) -

I see over 300 options to buy a wii U on amazon for reasonable prices.

#18 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3823 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Are people really paying those prices for a Wii U? I've never seen Walmart or Target out of stock, even at launch. Why would anyone pay that much more than retail?

In my area (both online and in person) the Wii U is sold out at Best Buy and Target. Being more clear, both the Mario and Zelda bundles are gone. There were a few smaller promotions ($25 gift card with purchase) but nothing I would see as being able to move consoles this much.

I bought my boys a Mario and Luigi bundle deluxe/black WiiU for Christmas. I got it at Target... It was the last one there when I bought it, and in the several times I have been back since they have been sold out.. as well as Walmart, Kmart, and Best Buy. I am happy I got one for that price. I also got the Skylanders Swap Force bundle pack on sale for $37 at Walmart, and Lego Marvel Super Heroes for $29.99.

#20 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8951 posts) -

Chapters.ca had the Wind Waker bundle for $200 last week. Needless to say, it sold out pretty damn fast.

#21 Posted by kemar7856 (11512 posts) -

all I see is in stock everywhere except for the wind waker bundle that seems to be limited

#22 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

i remember reading a article about amazon and nintendo.

When wii u came out and was selling horrible Amazon wanted to cut the price get rid of it stock, but Nintendo refused to do so. SO with that being said I can bet amazon doesn't keep a lot of stock

#23 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7595 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I see over 300 options to buy a wii U on amazon for reasonable prices.

If the price is higher than $300, it's not reasonable.

#24 Posted by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Not counting the old white one...They only have 42 together of the other three packages

#25 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

i remember reading a article about amazon and nintendo.

When wii u came out and was selling horrible Amazon wanted to cut the price get rid of it stock, but Nintendo refused to do so. SO with that being said I can bet amazon doesn't keep a lot of stock

Amazon(US) has never carried Wii-U. In fact, they just started carrying 3DSs after 2 years of not selling Nintendo hardware.

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/14/3331878/wii-u-amazon-not-available-pre-order

#26 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

There was only one more Wii U at my local Gamestop and luckily it was the Zelda bundle, the one I was looking for :D

#27 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Good to see nintendo finally getting rid of there January stock

#28 Edited by trugs26 (5736 posts) -

@HarlockJC said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

funny they look pretty in stock here.

Not counting the old white one...They only have 42 together of the other three packages

5 left of Mario+Luigi bundle

2 left of Zelda WW bundle

6 left of Nintendo Land bundle

So I counted 13 in total (excluding basic white set). Unless it's dropped that much in between our posts (which I doubt). Am I missing another bundle somewhere to get to 42?

Edit: 4 of Mario and Luigi now, but the others say "In Stock" now. So I guess they've got plenty then.
Edit: Okay, it's 4, 2, 6 again. So I guess they are low. Who knows lol.

#29 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

Supply and demand. There's not really a demand for the Wii U right now so the're not really stocking it much.

#30 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

You guys know that amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles right? The prices are higher because it's only third party people selling them.

#31 Edited by GamingGod999 (3006 posts) -

Well done, Nintendo.

It took only a year for Amazon to get rid of your first shipment.

j/k

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7595 posts) -

@cain006 said:

You guys know that amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles right? The prices are higher because it's only third party people selling them.

Yeah. The third party sellers generally sell products at or below MSRP, though. Otherwise, why would anybody buy from them?

#33 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Hah, finally down the the bottom of their release day supply.

#34 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@cain006 said:

You guys know that amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles right? The prices are higher because it's only third party people selling them.

Yeah. The third party sellers generally sell products at or below MSRP, though. Otherwise, why would anybody buy from them?

I don't know why but I've never seen them sell at yet alone below MSRP on amazon. I've probably checked every month or so since it's been out.

#35 Edited by MFDOOM1983 (8456 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@cain006 said:

You guys know that amazon doesn't sell nintendo consoles right? The prices are higher because it's only third party people selling them.

Yeah. The third party sellers generally sell products at or below MSRP, though. Otherwise, why would anybody buy from them?

I don't know why but I've never seen them sell at yet alone below MSRP on amazon. I've probably checked every month or so since it's been out.

You haven't seen them because these fabled 3rd party sellers undercutting Amazon on new console prices don't exist. Look at the 3rd party seller prices for 3ds, ps3, and 360. $20-$60 premiums on practically all of them. They(3rd party sellers) hope consumers are desperate enough to pay extra when Amazon sells out of their stock.

#36 Edited by lamprey263 (24657 posts) -

that's strange that they're selling on Amazon considering they're selling the Deluxe Bundle with Mario/Luigi U or Wind Waker for like $360, GameStop and Best Buy are selling them for $300

wonder why they're more expensive

#38 Posted by M8ingSeezun (2020 posts) -

It's Christmas, It's no surprise there.

Post-Christmas......Good Luck Nintendo.

#39 Posted by KBFloYd (14380 posts) -

lots of lem and cow tears...

#40 Posted by trugs26 (5736 posts) -

Looks like they're restocking on December 21st for two of the bundles, and the Deluxe set has 5 left.

#41 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Target is now sold out online and only has stock left in stores. The WiiU is on fire this Christmas!