Uh-oh. Plants vs. Zombies 900p on XB1

• 128 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

I can't wait until console gamers don't care about how many p's there are like last gen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

If true, that's hilariously bad...unless PvZ is made by Crytek

LOL WHAT?!

Apart of me wants to fast forward a bit to august where games for the xbone are still coming out as 720p and 900p so I can chuckle at all these hopefuls who keep talking about the updated SDK.

It's sad that it can't play PvZ at 1080p, unless PvZ suddenly became some graphics whore, tech demo aka a Crytek game

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#54 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Pro Tip: If you're an Xbox fanboy, just stay clear of every thread where a new Xbox One game is announced running at a sub-1080p resolution. There's nothing you can say that will help, and anything you say will only be interpreted as very weak damage control.

Pro Tip #2: Posting in one of these threads to tell us that "you don't care", or that "no one cares" is counter-productive, because, clearly, you care enough to post.

Bonus Pro Tip: There are going to be quite a few more of these threads.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

As long as any game is good I could give a crap about the resolution... Now frame rate is a different story. ;)

I'm playing LoZ: A Link Between Worlds and I'm not screaming about res because the game is awesome!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Dat next gen power.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Best sig ever.

Queen's Blade fan? :p

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#58  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no! oh god no! i'm off to slash my wrists now in a steamy hot tub of water because how can i live in a world where a game is in 900p resolution?

how i ask you?

how???

HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?

funny.... but last gen you guys bashed ps3 multiplats to death over 5 pixels... in some cases, and 2 frames per second. yet this time the difference is 10000s of pixels and sometimes 20-30fps difference, yet you guys say "it doesn't matter"...it mattered last gen. This is why this won't go away. you guys dug yourself in a whole of 7 years of saying it does matter.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Only the cows care.

This ^ ^ ^ ^

Devs haven't even started using the new SDK tools or drivers yet. I'm more interested to see how many games will be 720P & 900P at the E3.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

oh no! oh god no! i'm off to slash my wrists now in a steamy hot tub of water because how can i live in a world where a game is in 900p resolution?

how i ask you?

how???

HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?

funny.... but last gen you guys bashed ps3 multiplats to death over 5 pixels... in some cases, and 2 frames per second. yet this time the difference is 10000s of pixels and sometimes 20-30fps difference, yet you guys say "it doesn't matter"...it mattered last gen. This is why this won't go away. you guys dug yourself in a whole of 7 years of saying it does matter.

Welcome to SW and the hypocrisy of lemmings here. They praised the 360 over differences of 5 pixels and 3fps but now they claim not to care about PS4 games running at double the frame rate and double the resolution of Xbone's. It's the same way they suddenly don't care about sales since the PS4 is demolishing the Xbone WW when all they mentioned last gen was about how 360 was outselling PS3.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#61 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Day one buy for me. Don't care whether it is 1080p as long as the game looks good.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

Day one buy for me. Don't care whether it is 1080p as long as the game looks good.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

When questions ended and the handler from EA asked Lindley if he had anything to add to the conversation, Lindley offered that he received clarification from the dev team regarding what resolution Garden Warfare runs at on the Xbox One.

Lindley found, “after sending a quick note” to his team, that the game is “actually internally at 900p.” He added, again, that he could confirm that point for us.

The day a fucking Plants vs. Zombies game can't run in 1080p on your console is the day you should ditch it for a Ps4.

Lemmings on suicide watch.

Yes I know, this will be the last resolution topic, at least from me, for a while. It's beating a dead horse by now.

But yet Ryse is easily the best looking title thus far by either Xbox One or PS4! I think the XBOX ONE is very capable. Besides, I had a complete blast playing Titanfall in the beta last weekend and the resolution never even dawned on me. The way I see it, maybe only 10% of any games ran at 720p and 60 fps last gen and here we are at the very beginning of this gen and we are already at 900p plus!! The games look and play great! If you are going to solely focus on what resolution a game runs at, you are going to miss out on a lot of fun this generation. If you insist on being graphics whores, go plunk down $2500 on a gaming PC!

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#64 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Is it a requirement by GS to have about 15 different resolution threads a week on this board?

Why don't we just start a resolution one if we're so obsessed about it?

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I'm more inclined to believe this is a lack of optimization and time vs capability. This isn't a demanding game by any means.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

So much DC from lems doe...

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#67 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

The most important thing is "Day fucking one!" Already preordered and paid in full.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Dat' console hardware.

Oh and lol leave it to xbox to turn PvZ into a shooter.

Forgot where Microsoft was the people making this game.. did I miss something?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@Locutus_Picard said:

When questions ended and the handler from EA asked Lindley if he had anything to add to the conversation, Lindley offered that he received clarification from the dev team regarding what resolution Garden Warfare runs at on the Xbox One.

Lindley found, “after sending a quick note” to his team, that the game is “actually internally at 900p.” He added, again, that he could confirm that point for us.

The day a fucking Plants vs. Zombies game can't run in 1080p on your console is the day you should ditch it for a Ps4.

Yes I know, this will be the last resolution topic, at least from me, for a while. It's beating a dead horse by now.

But yet Ryse is easily the best looking title thus far by either Xbox One or PS4! I think the XBOX ONE is very capable. Besides, I had a complete blast playing Titanfall in the beta last weekend and the resolution never even dawned on me. The way I see it, maybe only 10% of any games ran at 720p and 60 fps last gen and here we are at the very beginning of this gen and we are already at 900p plus!! The games look and play great! If you are going to solely focus on what resolution a game runs at, you are going to miss out on a lot of fun this generation. If you insist on being graphics whores, go plunk down $2500 on a gaming PC!

Man you lems really are smoking some strong stuff. KZSF destroys that blurry 900p under 30fps foggy mess you call Ryse Flop of Bone.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@Midnightshade29 said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

how i ask you?

how???

HOW!?!?!?!?!?!?

i'm not making fun of multiplat superiority i'm making fun of sw dudes giving a **** about resolution.

you sure didn't care about that when hermits said it was important.

even now you want to praise 1080p yet ignore the resolutions that pc is capable of so the entire issue is just flat out dumb and you all look like idiots for touting it as a big deal.

as far multiplats on consoles go i will be buying the best versions available which looks like it will be the ps4 versions this time around and it looks like the ps4 will dominate multiplats this gen just as badly as the 360 dominated multiplats last gen.

my loyalty is with the games and getting the best version of the game that i can, not the brand of console the games are on.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

There was a thread on here the other day where so many playstation fan boys said there's no difference between 900p and 1080p... and now there's a huge difference? lol **** you guys are losers.. If you're an x1 fan boy or a ps4 fan boy its time to get a life boys and girls.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

900p is 99x faster than 1080p at least on consoles (depends of the console power and the bottlenecks)

Also doesnt mean 1080p runs slow, PC can handle that resolution with ease and fast.

sarcasm detected - first line

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Is it a requirement by GS to have about 15 different resolution threads a week on this board?

resolution threads are gen 8's "xbox live is a rip" threads.

there is a sw requirement that a minimum of 14 per day is made.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Resolution makes graphic prettier and pretty graphics enhance gaming experience.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

LOL!!!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Opus_Rea-333

bet you will play the resolution once this game launches it seems like the Plant/Garden version COD 4 modern warfare 1.

Fun fun. at least with friends.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Bishop1310 said:

There was a thread on here the other day where so many playstation fan boys said there's no difference between 900p and 1080p... and now there's a huge difference? lol **** you guys are losers.. If you're an x1 fan boy or a ps4 fan boy its time to get a life boys and girls.

Probably was the Witcher 3 thread where it will be 900P on the PS4. Cows are hypocrites anyways, so don't pay them any mind. When Knack runs at 30fps and drops as low as 14fps and is create by the same guy who created the PS4, you know there's something fishy. Cows will ignore this or come with excuses as to why a game like Knack (which is less stressful then Forza 5 on XB1) isn't 60fps and can't even hold a stead 30fps. There are issues with games on BOTH systems. It will all be cleared with within the next 2 years I'm sure.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#78  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Locutus_Picard said:

i hope that at least angry birds can get 1080p on X1

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#79 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@I_can_haz said:

This is just getting ridiculous now. Sad thing is that there are some lems that still believe a new SDK and drivers will fix this. How delusional do you have to be to believe that kind of shit? Xbone is a weakass POS console confirmed.

ever heard of console optimisation? improvements to Software and even developer tools can in fact improve hardware performance, take the Ps3 for example, in the beginning the main problem 3rd party developers had was the lack of useable RAM on the PS3 due to a bloated OS, SONY lowerd the OS and gave back developers more useable RAM, more useable RAM=increased hardware performance, when SONY introduce EDGE tools this also increased hardware performance because developers where able to code using less rescources.

Obviously the XB1 will nor close the Gap in power with the Ps3 But not being as powerful as the PS4=Weak POS is just one of the lamest statements really, it may be weaker than the Ps4 but it is still a very powerful console.

Your argument that not as good as something else=Crap doesn't really work in the real world.

Besides, it's games that determine which console is the best not power, just look at the Ps1 and Ps2, nowhere near the strongest consoles in there generation but still trounced the competition, why? superior games library.

ever heard about console optimization being a total fraud to lure uninformed cosole gamers to buy overpriced and weak hardware?

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=console+optimization&oq=console+optimization&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l3.3888j0j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=console+optimization&tbm=vid

bfmv2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By bfmv2007
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

OUCH! Thats probably the biggest smack in the face the Xbox One has had. When Plants Vs Zombies cant even do 1080p, you know you screwed up.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Another instance where WHAT is less important than WHY.

The fact that a game is rendering in 900p is, in of itself, not a problem.

what IS a problem is WHY this game is rendering at 900p, considering that it isn't exactly a graphical powerhouse title.

Lems seem to constantly miss this point.

No, 900p vs 1080p doesn't make all that big of a difference in the end. That's not what's important though. WHY is the Xbox One only rendering this game at 900p!? Why are we getting such underwhelming performance out of a $500 piece of hardware?

If The Order 1886 is going to run at 900p or 720p or whatever, I can understand, since the game at least looks good on a technical level. Same goes for Ryse [speak nothing of gameplay], or Battlefield, etc etc etc. But This? Are you fucking kidding me?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tyloss

@blackace said:

@Bishop1310 said:

Probably was the Witcher 3 thread where it will be 900P on the PS4. Cows are hypocrites anyways, so don't pay them any mind. When Knack runs at 30fps and drops as low as 14fps and is create by the same guy who created the PS4, you know there's something fishy. Cows will ignore this or come with excuses as to why a game like Knack (which is less stressful then Forza 5 on XB1) isn't 60fps and can't even hold a stead 30fps. There are issues with games on BOTH systems. It will all be cleared with within the next 2 years I'm sure.

Link for the bolded. Knack operates with real time physics AFAIK which is more taxing then a last generation console port being bumped up in resolution to 1080p/60fps (Forza).

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

A mobile game cannot run 1080p on the Xbone

This has now got beyond ridiculous. You lems had better fucking hope your SDKs are as magical as misterxmedia says they are.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

Wow guys. You are not thinking one bit. So with games like Ryse, DR3and Forza 5 , you still think it's not the developers choice to set the resolution they want?

Some of you are winos.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86  Edited By the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@GravityX said:

Wow guys. You are not thinking one bit. So with games like Ryse, DR3and Forza 5 , you still think it's not the developers choice to set the resolution they want?

Some of you are winos.

The point is that there's no reason that a game like this should run at any less than 1080p on a modern console. It's not a graphically intense game, by any means. And there's no advantage to going with a lower resolution, unless performance is sacrificed by going higher. No developer would choose a lower resolution if smooth gameplay was still possible at 1080p. There'd be no point. It would be undeniably stupid and meaningless. There is only one reason that any game this generation is running any less than 1080p. And that reason is that performance would be hurt by not dropping it. And if performance in Plants vs fucking Zombies is hurt by going full 1080p, that's some pretty damn pathetic hardware power.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@the_bi99man said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

The point is that there's no reason that a game like this should run at any less than 1080p on a modern console. It's not a graphically intense game, by any means. And there's no advantage to going with a lower resolution, unless performance is sacrificed by going higher. No developer would choose a lower resolution if smooth gameplay was still possible at 1080p. There'd be no point. It would be undeniably stupid and meaningless. There is only one reason that any game this generation is running any less than 1080p. And that reason is that performance would be hurt by not dropping it. And if performance in Plants vs fucking Zombies is hurt by going full 1080p, that's some pretty damn pathetic hardware power.

Why would a game like this need too?

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tyloss

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

I doubt it is DC, games like this doesnt even require 720p to be enjoyable like MW2 MW1 on consoles.

with 900p it is less stressing for the cpu and GPU so they can pull more awesome stuff gameplay wise.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 the_bi99man

@GravityX said:

@the_bi99man said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Why would a game like this need too?

Need to what? To run in 1080p? It doesn't. No game needs to run at any particular resolution. But that's not the point. The point is that developers will always target the best possible picture quality, while keeping a steady framerate. No developer would ever sacrifice any aspect of picture quality unless they had to do so to maintain the desired level of performance. If the hardware was powerful enough to handle it at decent framerates, all games would be in 4K. Because the only reason that there is to sacrifice picture quality, even the tiniest bit, is to maintain performance. The fact that any kind of compromise had to made to get this particular game to run a steady framerate, points to a surprising lack of power. With a game like Ryse, it's no surprise that they had to pull back from full 1080p to maintain performance. That game is clearly pushing a ton of graphical horsepower. Plants vs Zombies, however, is not.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#91 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@blackace said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Only the cows care.

This ^ ^ ^ ^

Devs haven't even started using the new SDK tools or drivers yet. I'm more interested to see how many games will be 720P & 900P at the E3.

Eventually they'll stop the resolution war once they push these console to its limits. Then we're back to sub HD. Although, I'd take native res over visuals any time of the day.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

I doubt it is DC, games like this doesnt even require 720p to be enjoyable like MW2 MW1 on consoles.

with 900p it is less stressing for the cpu and GPU so they can pull more awesome stuff gameplay wise.

It says a lot of bad things about the X1 if you think that PvZ is "stressing" the Xbox 1's hardware.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@Gaming-Planet said:

@blackace said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Only the cows care.

This ^ ^ ^ ^

Eventually they'll stop the resolution war once they push these console to its limits. Then we're back to sub HD. Although, I'd take native res over visuals any time of the day.

Hopefully they both Sony and MS slash the resolution to 900p It makes game more enjoyable

Unless the Xbox One secret sauce turn out to be truth I really want Xbox One to stay at 720p or 900p. most Consoles are weak.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@PraetorianMan said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

It says a lot of bad things about the X1 if you think that PvZ is "stressing" the Xbox 1's hardware.

Ryse didnt even used 22 percent of Xbox One power and looks amazing.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 the_bi99man

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

Again, as I said to GravityX a minute ago, the fact that a game like this doesn't need a higher resolution to be enjoyable is not the point. Far from it. The point is that developers don't sacrifice any aspect of picture quality, even a little bit, unless they have to, to maintain the desired level of performance. Unless performance is in question, there is nothing to gain from going with a lower resolution. There is no upside. There is no positive. Maintaining performance is, and always has been, the one and only reason for not rendering at the highest resolution that your display supports. And if the X1 wasn't severely underpowered, it wouldn't need to drop below 1080p to maintain desired performance. If the X1 was as powerful as it should be, PvZ would run at 1080p, and have to be capped at 60 fps to keep the system from overheating itself by pushing 100+ fps.

Developers don't choose lower resolutions just because they feel like it. They choose lower resolutions because performance suffers at higher resolutions. Period. And performance would not suffer at 1080p, in this particular game, if the hardware was anywhere near as powerful as it should be for a $500 machine in 2013.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By the_bi99man

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@PraetorianMan said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

If Ryse didn't even use 22% of the X1's power, then why was it pulled back to 900p, rather than 1080p, and barely hit 30 fps? Why wouldn't they have used more power to increase the resolution and framerate?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Opus_Rea-333

@the_bi99man said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@PraetorianMan said:
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@tyloss said:

@GravityX said:

Some of you are winos.

Strong Dc

If Ryse didn't even use 22% of the X1's power, then why was it pulled back to 900p, rather than 1080p, and barely hit 30 fps? Why wouldn't they have used more power to increase the resolution and framerate?

Terrible Software and slow API. :)

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I do find it amusing that for all the lem whining about the PS4 having "games they could run on their mobile," they're day one for a game that could run on their mobile.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tyloss

@Opus_Rea-333: No.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Whats the resolution for the PS4 version?