UC4 has the most impressive in game character model ever.

• 124 results
gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Even more so than The Order and a land slide more than the rest. Nathan Drake model is probably the closest you can get to a real photograph.

As confirmed by the character shading artist from ND who also worked on The Order and Pixar films.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/character-shading-for-nathan-drake-island-outfit-uncharted-4

Real-time rendered in game. This is not CGI or pre-render, which means all the shading features for skin, hair, eyes need to be written in code.

Using Disney Diffuse model, GGX Brdf model and Screen Space Subsurface.

Hair is using Kajiaya-kay Brdf model.

What will you do now hermits? Which pc game can save you this year?

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

he does really look impressive, the best i've seen yet.

your gonna make a lot of Herms angry on this one, there's gonna be Star Citezen and Crysis posts later on

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

and yet it´s all "tech demo", not gameplay.

how fool you can be? you said first trailer was all gameplay and yet when we all saw gameplay, it looked worse than most games.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

So sick of shots like this. Do people on here not realize all these are highly touched up? Screens like this don't leave the office till the teams Photoshop genius goes through and fixes removes/replaces/adds all sorts of shit including color and assets to make them look perfect. The game on the other hand will look nothing like what you see there beyond the basic concept. Hell I've read several articles this year, written by people who have worked in this very position of doing nothing but doctoring screen shots, to look far better then what will be in the final product. Come on people it's time to smarten up, and recognize bullshit when you see it (every screen shot released by company ever).

By the way I'm not saying the game will look bad, I'm saying these screen shots aren't indicative of the quality of the actual product as they are doctored heavily.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm looking forward to seeing what Naughty Dog can accomplish with their non-cross generational Uncharted 4.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@gpuking said:

Even more so than The Order and a land slide more than the rest. Nathan Drake model is probably the closest you can get to a real photograph.

As confirmed by the character shading artist from ND who also worked on The Order and Pixar films.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/character-shading-for-nathan-drake-island-outfit-uncharted-4

Real-time rendered in game. This is not CGI or pre-render, which means all the shading features for skin, hair, eyes need to be written in code.

Using Disney Diffuse model, GGX Brdf model and Screen Space Subsurface.

Hair is using Kajiaya-kay Brdf model.

What will you do now hermits? Which pc game can save you this year?

Looks pretty good, still not buying it though. Sony exclusives are not my kind of taste in games. Give me bethesda

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#7 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

And HD TV will make it look even better just like last gen.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

Nice visual shots. Just wish that more developers can produce such looks.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gpuking

These shots have good lighting condition, so given the same lighting scenario in game it would also look the same. The engine can handle it and that's what's important.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it's just me or now Drake has a gay wrist band in his pocket? lol

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gue1

@FreedomFreeLife said:

you guys did the same with Driveclub and then The Order and as always you gonna end up eating crow... Again and again.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gpuking

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Dumbo, different time of day, one is wet and the other dry, twilight vs dawn, are you conscious you're breathing air right now? Good riddance.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gue1

@gpuking:

not to mention that on the pics below you can clearly see youtube's compression.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gpuking

Yeah, compression could also be a huge factor.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#16 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Uhmm cool? At this point, I don't care. The "people" in TPS games look enough like people to know I am playing a good looking game, now. If You want to Zoom in on Nate's face then hey, do what turns you on bro. I want the game to be as great as Uncharted 2, and better than 3 and Golden Abyss. Although I liked those 2 as well.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#17 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

and yet it´s all "tech demo", not gameplay.

how fool you can be? you said first trailer was all gameplay and yet when we all saw gameplay, it looked worse than most games.

LOL..............@lostrib really burns your anus huh? you made a sig about him, lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol models... Who cares what they can create when you won't see this in-game during gameplay?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

I'm gonna say this for your own good gpuking/m3dude etc., you're gonna be disappointed when UC4 releases, so you should prepare yourself now.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gpuking

@Snugenz said:

I'm gonna say this for your own good gpuking/m3dude etc., you're gonna be disappointed when UC4 releases, so you should prepare yourself now.

Your power of foresight, where can I get some?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#21 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

But Crysis looks better.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Snugenz

@gpuking said:

@Snugenz said:

Not foresight, history.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@Snugenz: dumb dumb, i already scratched U4 off of my graphics heavy hitters list after that gameplay video.

so why are you making this thread? Should i make a thread about how Ryse has the most impressive rock textures?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Snugenz

@m3dude1 said:

@Snugenz: dumb dumb, i already scratched U4 off of my graphics heavy hitters list after that gameplay video.

So why did you make this thread, thick thick.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Well Duh ! It would suck if a movie game had shitty character models. :p

RatedTforTeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RatedTforTeen
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

you gonna be jelly if you don't a ps4

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

your one of the dumbest people out there aren't you, comparing cinematic trailers to gameplay LOL.

try watching Witcher 3 cinematic trailer right now then watch the gameplay it will look very different. same goes for FFXV,AC,ArkhamKnight,Halo 5 and many more

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

This isnt my thread clown

fair enough, my bad. Pretty easy to mistake you for the TC without an avatar, IMHO. You both write like the same guy sometimes. hmmmm

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@blamix99:

Wasn't this "cinematic" trailer was used as proof of Uncharted 4 being graphics king until the actual gameplay was shown?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

actually our verbiage and writing styles are completely different

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@Snugenz said:

Sungenz you have to be one of the biggest idiots on here to say something like this and then talking about "history" as your support. I know you are a desperate Sony hating lem fanboy hiding behind PC but your claim is stupid when DriveClub and The Order (to be released next month) already blow pretty much everything from this gen out of the water graphically.

So, UC4 is going to disappoint how exactly? You are a fake boy who goes around hyping halo claiming to be a hermit so you shouldn't talk about disappointments.

Going by "history" you sound stupid as hell saying it will disappoint. And it has been your history that you always say you only bashed sony fanboys Sungenz? But here you are desperately trying to down play a sony exclusive from one of the most respected developers in the industry saying their game will "disappoint" with nothing but your bitter fanboy delusions as proof. haha

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

@Snugenz said:

Not foresight, history.

History huh?

uhh...yeah, another xbox fanboy says something stupid because of his moronic fanboyism.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

That isn't the ingame model. That is just the model used. It doesn't make any sense to use that model in game as that amount of detail would not even be visible to the player.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

If we're now taklin movies I think American Sniper has better models but what do I know, I'll check out UC4 once it hits Netflix. . :P

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

you guys did the same with Driveclub and then The Order and as always you gonna end up eating crow... Again and again.

Don't know about Driveclub never followed racing games, but the Order is sure as hell is downgraded from the initial showing and I wouldn't be surprised if they are lying about the 4x MSAA as well.

On topic, why do I have a feeling that Nate will only look like that in photomode and the gameplay shots will be average like all Sony products this gen?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

It does look amazing, but damn I really can't wait for the day devs will finally get hair right.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snugenz

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Sungenz you have to be one of the biggest idiots on here to say something like this and then talking about "history" as your support. I know you are a desperate Sony hating lem fanboy hiding behind PC but your claim is stupid when DriveClub and The Order (to be released next month) already blow pretty much everything from this gen out of the water graphically.

So, UC4 is going to disappoint how exactly? You are a fake boy who goes around hyping halo claiming to be a hermit so you shouldn't talk about disappointments.

Going by "history" you sound stupid as hell saying it will disappoint. And it has been your history that you always say you only bashed sony fanboys Sungenz? But here you are desperately trying to down play a sony exclusive from one of the most respected developers in the industry saying their game will "disappoint" with nothing but your bitter fanboy delusions as proof. haha

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

@Snugenz said:

Not foresight, history.

History huh?

uhh...yeah

Why are you so angry are you another gpuking alt, i'm actually starting to wonder...

gpuking has a history of hyping UC games as the next coming of the almighty graphics king and with every release he's been wrong.

I love ND purely because of TLOU but i've never been a fan of UC and have never tried to hide that fact. You see real people don't have to like every game on a console to be a fan of said console, real people can pick and choose which games they do and do not like, unlike fanboys like you and gpuking (probably the same person). And, not liking a game on a console doesn't mean you hate the console or are a fanboy of some other system, come on man you cannot be this thick, nvm i forgot it's cantconnectshit i'm talking to.

Oh and i'm not a lemming no matter how much you say it lol, i'll continue to sit in front of (not hide behind) my awesome PC while your peasant ass stays here all salty and angry because someone isn't a fanboy like you.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/snugenz/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/snugenz/

Nothing to hide or hide behind /awwww yeah

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Cows during the trailer reveal:" graphics king!! Omg naughty gods!!! Lol tlhbo!!!"

Cows during gameplay reveal: "but but its just pre alpha so it will ook better you herms and lems will still get pwned. Halo 5 will not change though"

Cows now: "lol uncharted grfx king. Reveal trailer looked just as good as pre alpha just different time of day and drake is wet in one"

Does anyone flip flop more?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Cows during the trailer reveal:" graphics king!! Omg naughty gods!!! Lol tlhbo!!!"

Cows during gameplay reveal: "but but its just pre alpha so it wilm look better you herms and lems will still get pwned. Halo 5 will not change though"

Cows now: "lol uncharted grfx king. Reveal trailer looked just as good as pre alpha just different time of day and drake is wet in one"

Does anyone flip flop more?

Add to add 800p with blackbars is equivalent to native 1080p and it's a design choice.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i said GOD DAMMNNNNNNN

i have never seen such awesomeness in my life

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Not ingame

Ingame will look nothing like this

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Oh great. Now you've woken up all the hermits. Let me guess someone is going to post a picture of that stupid bald headed character in Crysis 3 running on the PC. You know what I'll just post it since someone is bound to anyways.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kinectthedots

@Snugenz said:

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

@gpuking said:

@Snugenz said:

Not foresight, history.

History huh?

uhh...yeah

Why are you so angry are you another gpuking alt, i'm actually starting to wonder...

gpuking has a history of hyping UC games as the next coming of the almighty graphics king and with every release he's been wrong.

I love ND purely because of TLOU but i've never been a fan of UC and have never tried to hide that fact. You see real people don't have to like every game on a console to be a fan of said console, real people can pick and choose which games they do and do not like, unlike fanboys like you and gpuking (probably the same person). And, not liking a game on a console doesn't mean you hate the console or are a fanboy of some other system, come on man you cannot be this thick, nvm i forgot it's cantconnectshit i'm talking to.

Oh and i'm not a lemming no matter how much you say it lol, i'll continue to sit in front of (not hide behind) my awesome PC while your peasant ass stays here all salty and angry because someone isn't a fanboy like you.

Blah blah something about something, "I'm not a lem!!" blah blah excuses, deflection and feverish attempt to change the subject...

Here:

"Not foresight, history."

This is what you said and that is what I called you out on.

That is the typical thing an idiotic Sony hating fanboy says without a thought about if it actually is valid. Don't blame me for your brainless attempt to downplay a game with something that made no sense.

You were telling gpuking HE would be disappointed going by history...but NOW you are saying YOU aren't a fan of UC as if that is somehow relevant to the discussion now. No, how the hell does your personal dislike for the UC series detract from it's critical praise in past games and weather gpuking will be disappointed or not?

You say because of history, what history exactly? PS4 history of delivering on graphically hyped games? ND history of producing quality games? You are only going to end up grasping on straws and desperately trying to say that your opinion means more than others to make any points here.

You tried to change this argument me saying you can't like or dislike certain games on a console when that has nothing to do with your claim about "history" will prove UC4 will disappoint.

If you keep up with the desperate tripe you so eagerly spit out to downplay everything sony/PS4 you wouldn't have to backtrack.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Does look impressive, indeed! I was very surprised with the models in Second Son too.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gpuking

I guess some of you didn't read my link, the main shader artist from ND confirmed it's all real time in game. So why would she lie about it? I think I trust her words than yours. The reason why it looks slightly different to the gameplay demo is purely coz the different time of day and lighting condition. Drake is also half wet from the pool so naturally he looks bit shinier in the reveal trailer. If in a like for like situation where the gameplay didn't look the same then it would be either downgraded or modified.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@gpuking said:

I guess some of you didn't read my link, the main shader artist from ND confirmed it's all real time in game. So why would she lie about it? I think I trust her words than yours. The reason why it looks slightly different to the gameplay demo is purely coz the different time of day and lighting condition. Drake is also half wet from the pool so naturally he looks bit shinier in the reveal trailer. If in a like for like situation where the gameplay didn't look the same then it would be either downgraded or modified.

She isn't lying about it, she's dodging the truth. It is the base model used in-game, but it is only under certain circumstances--close ups, etc. Like I said earlier, it doesn't even make sense to use such a model at a players perspective. The detail scales as the character becomes more visible.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Snugenz

@kinectthedots said:

@Snugenz said:

Blah blah something about something, "I'm not a lem!!" blah blah excuses, deflection and feverish attempt to change the subject...

Here:

"Not foresight, history."

This is what you said and that is what I called you out on.

That is the typical thing an idiotic Sony hating fanboy says without a thought about if it actually is valid. Don't blame me for your brainless attempt to downplay a game with something that made no sense.

You were telling gpuking he would be disappointed going by history...but NOW you are saying YOU aren't a fan of UC as if that is somehow relevant to the discussion now. No, how the hell does your personal dislike for the UC series detract from it's critical praise in past games and weather gpuking will be disappointed or not?

You say because of history, what history exactly? PS4 history of delivering on graphically hyped games? ND history of producing quality games? You are only going to end up grasping on straws and desperately trying to say that your opinion means more than others to make any points here.

You tried to change this argument me saying you can't like or dislike certain games on a console when that has nothing to do with your claim about "history" will prove UC4 will disappoint.

If you keep up with the desperate tripe you so eagerly on at to downplay everything sony/PS4 you wouldn't have to back.

Sweet jesus you take the whole "rabid cow" thing and go nuts with it don't ya.

The history i was referring to was gpuking's (or yours??) history of overhype the graphics of UC games like i said in my previous post bolded and underlined.

Learn to read you gobshite.

And i havn't downlplayed anything (which i actually have never done with PS exclusives), i'm just giving a friendly warning to a known fanboy that he's about to make the same mistake he's made multiple times in the past.

So yeah, learn to read you gobshite.

P.S. Have i actually uncovered yet another gpuking alt?. Seems likely. Edit: NVM even gpuking isn't as ridiculous as kinectthedots.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@Heirren said:

@gpuking said:

She isn't lying about it, she's dodging the truth. It is the base model used in-game, but it is only under certain circumstances--close ups, etc. Like I said earlier, it doesn't even make sense to use such a model at a players perspective. The detail scales as the character becomes more visible.

Still impressive that it is running in real-time.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kinectthedots

@gpuking said:

Clearly those models will be used for cut-scenes however I do not think the quality will remain the same during gameplay however close it may be.

Ready at Dawn is the only one to specifically go on records as saying their cut models are exactly the same as the in-game "gameplay" models. I think that should be noted. When finished the game will look spectacular but you have to keep in mind PS4 can only do so much.