Ubisoft: Xbox One vs. PS4: 'Can’t tell the difference

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) -

http://www.examiner.com/article/rayman-legends-xbox-one-vs-ps4-can-t-tell-the-difference-says-ubisoft

"And yes it’s true that the architectures of the two consoles are similar which has definitely made the development of the next-gen versions quite easy.

"And that’s also one of the reasons why the two versions are very similar in terms of visuals and performances. I honestly can’t tell the difference between the versions when I see them running side by side… until I finally see a tutorial showing the buttons from the controller.

"It was great to get to work on these consoles; for developers it’s always very exciting to be among the firsts to work on new hardware. We really wanted to play around with the new features and possibilities these consoles provided, like the challenges on Xbox One, or the Remote Play and the Share button on PS4.

"Microsoft and Sony are bringing exciting additions like these to next-gen gaming and we see so much potential for creating fresh, new gameplay experiences to players," Morel said.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (35277 posts) -

Yeah,can't tell the difference of 720p to 1080p,uh

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
#3 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (3948 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

#4 Posted by W1NGMAN- (10001 posts) -

This pertains to Rayman Legends on both platforms, I would hope to God there wouldn't be any difference considering both PS3/360 were able to run it at 1080p/60FPS easily.

#5 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

in all honesty, those things are negligible. its nice, but isnt a big deal to me

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#6 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13197 posts) -

I guess that is why ACIV looked much better on PS4?

#7 Posted by sora16perfect (728 posts) -

Oh word, can't tell the difference between games running natively at 1080p and games running natively at 720p? Sounds legit.

#8 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Misleading thread title, dev is talking about a game that is not visually intensive. TC acts like they are comparing consoles.

#9 Edited by WitIsWisdom (4456 posts) -

PS4 is more powerful and CAN produce sharper games. period. That fact does not change.

#10 Edited by SolidTy (49821 posts) -

Misleading thread, perhaps by a confused TC. For those that don't want to bother wasting time, this is about the old 2D RAYMAN LEGENDS Port that is coming to the new machines.

RAYMAN LEGENDS is a 2D sprite platformer last generation multiplat that was in 1080p on last gen platforms. The differences are minute when comparing the Xbone/PS4 to Wii U/PS360.

When considering all the facts, this is just a waste of a thread. Hell, Ubisoft already released AC4, an actual graphic intensive game incomparison to a 2D Rayman game, and there were differences with that last generation port.

#11 Edited by aroxx_ab (12644 posts) -

Ofc they see no difference on "rayman legends" that game is as demanding as flappy bird...

They should compared games like Assassins Creed black flag:P

Lemz is desperate these days i see:P

#12 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

Using a game that could probably run at 1080p on the Wii U isn't helping your case.

Unless you're blind you can notice a difference.

#13 Edited by getyeryayasout (10414 posts) -

Context. He's referring to the game Rayman Legends, not all games.

#14 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

lol lemmings still trying

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (35277 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

I don't get your point.

None of the games above are 1080p native

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#16 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Gotta love those NDAs and that diplomacy.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
#17 Edited by stereointegrity (11247 posts) -

a 2d side scroll that has minimal effects going on....

Ofcoure there is no difference

#18 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

This game is not very demanding of hardware.

#19 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

Misleading title is misleading.

#20 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (1852 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

I don't get your point.

I think his point is that the resolution between 720p and 1080p isn't extremely noticeable like missing grass textures and other objects within the game world.

#21 Posted by blamix99 (2685 posts) -

i can tell the difference between them

#22 Posted by nyzma23 (1000 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

I don't get your point.

I think his point is that the resolution between 720p and 1080p isn't extremely noticeable like missing grass textures and other objects within the game world.

^THIS

you can't even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on 42" tv without you watch it 5 inch above the screen thanks to scaling on tv and console

#23 Posted by HitmanActual (583 posts) -

#24 Posted by silversix_ (23312 posts) -

Watch Dogs 720-900p/30fps on Xbwax and 1080p/30-50fps on PS4. There isn't only a difference, there is a 40-50% difference.

#25 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

PS3 was a blurry mess in comparison to 360. 360 had better visuals but not too many exclusives. PS4 has the visuals and will have the exclusives. When you look at games like Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 you know that Xbone has potential but I think it requires more effort than PS4 and the devs aren't willing to put that extra time and money into the Xbone. But if Microsoft doesn't cough up the extra cash than all the games will look horrible.

#26 Posted by misterpmedia (5986 posts) -

Lmfao, INB4: Watch_Dogs is 1080p on PS4 and 720p on XB1. or It's 30fps on Xbone and 60fps on PS4.

#27 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

By God FreedoomFree get a life, We get it you're butthurt you bought an Xbone and now you're making topics every left and right corner give it up already.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#28 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (3212 posts) -

There will be no difference between PS4/XBONE/360/PS3 and WiiU for this game as they are all 1080/60 and have the same quality art assets and graphics.

#29 Edited by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

http://www.examiner.com/article/rayman-legends-xbox-one-vs-ps4-can-t-tell-the-difference-says-ubisoft

"And yes it’s true that the architectures of the two consoles are similar which has definitely made the development of the next-gen versions quite easy.

"And that’s also one of the reasons why the two versions are very similar in terms of visuals and performances. I honestly can’t tell the difference between the versions when I see them running side by side… until I finally see a tutorial showing the buttons from the controller.

"It was great to get to work on these consoles; for developers it’s always very exciting to be among the firsts to work on new hardware. We really wanted to play around with the new features and possibilities these consoles provided, like the challenges on Xbox One, or the Remote Play and the Share button on PS4.

"Microsoft and Sony are bringing exciting additions like these to next-gen gaming and we see so much potential for creating fresh, new gameplay experiences to players," Morel said.

Yeah, for the most part... YOU CAN'T.

Cow will type away on how "I can see a difference", but in most cases it is simply not true. In fact, scientifically speaking, it's not true in a lot of cases. Just google "1080p vs 720p".

But, this is SW, where science has no meaning to sony fans... unless it;s science that makes them think their PS4 is superior; then it's God's law.

#30 Posted by StormyJoe (7462 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@MonsieurX said:

That's a little more than a resolution difference...