UBISOFT, why do you hate me!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Assassins-Creed-3-Join-or-Die-Edition-57

WHY IS THIS EUROPEAN ONLY!?

I would buy that immediately if it came for NA, but no, Ubisoft just keeps it for the european countries:x.

Instead of that beautiful, godsent AC III collector's edition, we get this:

1341244435_5088_Limited%20Edition.jpg

UBISOFT, WHAT THE FRACK AM I GOING TO DO WITH A FLAG!?

I'm not even american:cry:.

And all of that for $120? For christs sake, not only do you spit in our faces by keeping the gorgeous Collectors box and Washington novel from us, but you decide to add insult to injury and jack the price up like you just don't care. The collector's edition was a slap in the face, and the price was a backhand smack. No matter how many petitions people make, they just get closed down.

Ubisoft, why do you hate me? :(

/rant.

#2 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?
#3 Posted by clyde46 (46595 posts) -
Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?JohnnyCageMK
Says the guy with a Halo sig.
#4 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -
i don't care about the flag, but i like that figure. a lot. better than a coin.
#5 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

Assassin's Creed III is not a rehash, it will change the series in many ways, it's been worked on for 3 years, and the footage shown looks nothing short of excellent.

#6 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

i don't care about the flag, but i like that figure. a lot. better than a coin.BrunoBRS

Okay, yeah, but it's $120.

The Freedom Edition (also EU only) comes with everything in the Join or Die edition, along with the coin AND the figure for $100.

Assassins-Creed-3-Freedom-Edition-570x32

I'm throwing my money at it, but nothing's happening D:.

#7 Posted by clyde46 (46595 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i don't care about the flag, but i like that figure. a lot. better than a coin.XVision84

The Freedom Edition (also EU only) comes with everything in the Join or Die edition, along with the coin AND the figure for $100.

Freedom editon, EU only. Oh the irony.
#8 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?XVision84

Assassin's Creed III is not a rehash, it will change the series in many ways, it's been worked on for 3 years, and the footage shown looks nothing short of excellent.

They added tree climbing and snow. The combat is still the same "stand still and tap a button for a reversal kill" and the AI still looks dumb as hell.
#9 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?JohnnyCageMK

They added tree climbing and snow. The combat is still the same "stand still and tap a button for a reversal kill" and the AI still looks dumb as hell.

Nope. Look at gameplay footage. The combat is much improved, graphics, animations, the game world is gigantic (1.5x that of Brotherhood, which hashuge) and countless advancements to missions, multiplayer, co-op mode added, etc.

#10 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i don't care about the flag, but i like that figure. a lot. better than a coin.XVision84

Assassins-Creed-3-Freedom-Edition-570x32

I'm throwing my money at it, but nothing's happening D:.

...oh. soooooooooooooooooooooo, got any european friends? i'd like to talk to them.
#11 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Nope. Look at gameplay footage. The combat is much improved, graphics, animations, the game world is gigantic (1.5x that of Brotherhood, which hashuge) and countless advancements to missions, multiplayer, co-op mode added, etc.

what's that about co-op? i've been on a media blackout mostly, so i never heard of it. please tell me it looks good and has splitscreen :P
#12 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?clyde46
Says the guy with a Halo sig.

:lol:

#13 Posted by Krelian-co (11178 posts) -

i do not buy ubisoft anymore

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (58179 posts) -
*drool* Must... resist... temptation.
#15 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -

That looks pretty cool I might get it.

#17 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Well, Ms releases a Halol themed 360 and you guys always think it's hte coolest thing ever...

#18 Posted by Nega3 (1069 posts) -

:lol::lol::lol:

It's good to see the Americans getting owned for one.

#19 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] They added tree climbing and snow. The combat is still the same "stand still and tap a button for a reversal kill" and the AI still looks dumb as hell.BrunoBRS

what's that about co-op? i've been on a media blackout mostly, so i never heard of it. please tell me it looks good and has splitscreen :P

I very highly doubt there's splitscreen, but the co op mode is pretty much just horde mode Assassin's Creed style.

#20 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

I very highly doubt there's splitscreen, but the co op mode is pretty much just horde mode Assassin's Creed style.

so receive a target, find, and kill? or watch dozens of guards run towards you, to which you must counter one-shot every one of them in the most boring multiplayer ever? :P
#21 Posted by XVision84 (13793 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] what's that about co-op? i've been on a media blackout mostly, so i never heard of it. please tell me it looks good and has splitscreen :PBrunoBRS

so receive a target, find, and kill? or watch dozens of guards run towards you, to which you must counter one-shot every one of them in the most boring multiplayer ever? :P

Who needs an army when you have Ezio? All he needs is a counter button and he's all set :P.

I'm so happy they got rid of that.

And yeah, it's the first one.

#22 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="XVision84"]

XVision84

Who needs an army when you have Ezio? All he needs is a counter button and he's all set :P.

I'm so happy they got rid of that.

And yeah, it's the first one.

i loved going barehands against guards and killing them with their own weapons (or just punching them to death), for the heck of it. for some reason, not even that was fun in revelations. seriously, that game had so much wrong with it >.>
#23 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?XVision84

Agreed, though it is a shame that they feel the need to release 1 every year. I wish I had the motivation to play Brotherhood and Revelations, but they don't feel too different. 3 looks amazing though, and 2 was also a big jump.

#24 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
the european one is better, but tbh they both look horrible
#25 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Why should they do anything special for a yearly rehash?NaveedLife

Agreed, though it is a shame that they feel the need to release 1 every year. I wish I had the motivation to play Brotherhood and Revelations, but they don't feel too different. 3 looks amazing though, and 2 was also a big jump.

brotherhood is the best game in terms of gameplay. only reason i don't just call it the best, period is because i like 2's setting and story more. brotherhood is very well worth playing, you should do that before 3 comes out. as for revelations, pretend it doesn't exist.
#26 Posted by starjet905 (1936 posts) -
Baaaaaw. Cry more. Some of us wouldn't even be able to get the game legally if not for stores like Steam. -____-
#27 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Man Assassin's Creed was easily my favorite new IP this gen, but after Revelations I'm not even interested in this the slightest bit. I'll probably wait till this hits 20$. Hoping this reinvigorates my interest in the franchise, since lord knows UBI won't end it.

#28 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="XVision84"]

BrunoBRS

brotherhood is the best game in terms of gameplay. only reason i don't just call it the best, period is because i like 2's setting and story more. brotherhood is very well worth playing, you should do that before 3 comes out. as for revelations, pretend it doesn't exist.

Lol doesn't Revelations continue the story? I started BH but never got very far.

#29 Posted by jg4xchamp (48352 posts) -

Such as? Because with all due respect it's only real change is the setting, and some of the environments you'll have to interact with.

The parkour, the combat, the mission structure all seems pretty typical AC. I mean changing the environment going for a larger scale in terms of set pieces is an improvement to some extent, but it's not exactly changing the series as much as throwing in a bell here and a whistle there.

#30 Posted by starjet905 (1936 posts) -

Lol doesn't Revelations continue the story? I started BH but never got very far.

NaveedLife
Revelations continues the story, but it doesn't "reveal" anything despite Ubisoft saying stuff like "All will be revealed" in trailers. In short, the story was utter crap. It'll probably be good to look up the plot of it somewhere if you're going to AC3 without playing it, though.